[Suggestion] Putting all rules in one place

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

[Suggestion] Putting all rules in one place

Postby ede » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 pm

My suggestion is to put all general site rules in one thread, that is stickied to every forum/board. There are many rules on this site, and it is hard to find them all in one spot. If I click on the help button, there are some rules on there, but not the majority of them. I also find it very generalised.

Also, I find that the general rules are not updated. For example, the rule about no put-down messages in signatures. Yes, I know they made an announcement about it but that was a while ago and if I was a new member, I could easily make that mistake because if I check the rules, it's not in there.

What I'm asking for is a nice, updated version of the site rules in one neat place.

For example wrote:Site Rules topic

General rules:

- Includes breeding of pets, stealing images art theft
    - Includes rules on signatures and posting images
    - Includes trading rules
    etc and so on

General forum rules:
    - No spamming
    - Be polite
    - No topics that are not safe for children
    etc

Regarding offsite trading:
    - not allowed for certain sites

Regarding chats as in skype, discord:
    skype is not allowed
    discord is allowed, but only safe topics

etc

TLDR; We need one topic that states all the site rules in one place.

more suggestions:
burrito bunny:
I would suport making the rules easier to find, like putting all the links in the rule index onto rules page beneath the help tab. I think making them as accessible as possible will help cut down on well intentioned people missing them.

seasee3:
I would also like to suggest that we get notification PM when rules are changed (I realize that this is probably more annoying to some members than not), There has been more than once it was couple months later and I finally realized that there was a change to the rules.
Last edited by ede on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Making clearer rule topics and board guidelines

Postby krisarts » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Yaaaaaaaas. I second this times thousand.

I'd like to add to this, the Art rules could use an update as well. Some of it seems out dated or misunderstood, so clearing those up into a nice little bow is awesome!
krisarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Yup, these would all be good changes c:
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:14 pm

We actually already have this c: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1575268 the rule index is all we have until staff decide to update the rule page.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:22 pm

DaDwarf wrote:We actually already have this c: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1575268 the rule index is all we have until staff decide to update the rule page.

I didn't realize that existed, and other users may not have found it either - maybe it would be good if it was stickied on all the forums?
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Bumping again because I still see rules that people are getting warnings for that aren't mentioned anywhere.
I think it is unfair to get a warning for something that is not outlined in the rules/easy to find. For example, discord/skype links arent allowed. I didn't know that, I only found that out from someone else.

so I'd love it ALL CS rules are put in ONE place, preferably not linked in one topic but stated in one post.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Suggestion] Putting all rules in one place

Postby arabella !! » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

It is stated here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=135242 skype is a similar program to Discord.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:01 am

THIS
I NEED THIS
when I was a new member I was too scared to post on the forums because I thought I might accidentally break a rule xD i mean I still am but that's beside the point
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 am

ede wrote:I think it is unfair to get a warning for something that is not outlined in the rules/easy to find. For example, discord/skype links arent allowed. I didn't know that, I only found that out from someone else.

Unrelated to the topic overall, but the rule about not sharing skype contacts is actually mentioned on the main rule page in the help tab:
Do not share or ask for personal/identifying information. This includes sharing your age, birthdate, phone number, email address, kik/Skype name, city, school, club, grade, full names or photos of yourself or your friends and family. This rule is designed to keep you safe on Chicken Smoothie. It also applies to adult members. You are not allowed to link to profiles or pages where this information is easily found.

ede wrote:
    Also, I see many new members posting topics in the wrong board. Yes, boards have certain rules such as the roleplaying, but it is not clear what you should and should not post on each board. It seems perfectly normal to post a trading thread on the general discussion.

General Discussion has a spam guide that explicitly mentions trade threads as an example.
    "Posting threads in the wrong board (e.g. posting a trade thread in General Discussion)"

The main rule page also states that "Many boards have their own special rules to be aware of. Check for stickied topics at the top of each board. Specialized boards such as Roleplays, Trades, Oekaki and Art Shops usually have their own rules which you need to read and follow."

I'm not against the idea of having an "official" rule index or at least making the user-made one a sticky thread visible on every board.
    But I do see a lot of cases where users could have avoided getting into trouble if they had checked the sticky threads for the board they are posting on.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 am

You could have missed the thing about discord because it is a newer rule, although I think Skype had been off limits for a while.

I would suport making the rules easier to find, like putting all the links in the rule index onto rules page beneath the help tab. I think making them as accessible as possible will help cut down on well intentioned people missing them.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me