Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby rook. » Mon May 01, 2017 5:34 am

Support, this has always bugged me and it seems like a pretty quick fix that wouldn't negatively impact anyone that just wants to read the text. Even if the vc color was just darkened further to really distinguish between common and vc it'd be so much easier to see what's what. I never really understood why all of the other colors are strikingly different and yet the 2 rarities we see most often are fairly similar shades of green and I always end up having to pause to double check when sorting very commons and commons. I know a lot of people are saying to just read the text/look at the star but if it's easily fixed there's really no reason that I've seen or can think of not to.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxhey i'm rook
xxshe/her
xxasteria rift - briar rose
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rook.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 am

Support.

My reasons for supporting this--it'll make trading/sorting infinitely easier for people and it shouldn't take too long to change--have already been stated many times over, but there's one thing that irks me:

One Non-Supporter Argument wrote:I don't have a problem distinguishing the colors, therefore you should have no problem distinguishing the colors.

Not everyone is the exact same as you. Some people have trouble seeing, some people have bad computers, and some people don't have the time to check tiny words when they have mountains of pets to sort. This suggestion would have no downsides other than having to adjust to a new color label, so why protest it? Just because there are alternative options doesn't mean a system inadequate for so many should remain in place.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalateya » Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 am

Shian wrote:That's not a good enough reason to not change it IMO, especially when it'll take what, a few seconds to fix? Maybe a whole minute.

I'm no web designer, but I believe the process of changing even a small feature for a website this extensive would take much longer than a minute. It would probably take at least five minutes just to make a new image.

I agree though. I am a very visual person and while I make mistakes all the time, to the point where I stopped bothering to sort my common/vcom tradables and just lumped them together.. I can imagine this is trickier with say, somebody with dyslexia or younger people who can't read. Yes, it's not really an issue most of the time, but if you have a visual system you may as well make it as easy as possible.

(plus, it kind of bothers me that every other rarity is a distinct colour - rare is red, uncommon is orange, but common is 'bright green' and vcom is 'bluey-green'). Vcom just looks very out of place as all the others are very bright, distinct colours but it just looks like it was squeezed in between common and OMG so common... personally, I would change vcom to a blue and OMG so common to a white or grey.

'Course, as I said, I'm not a web designer. Who knows, maybe the staff spent hours deciding what the best colours to use where and this is an issue they already struggled with, and they picked these colours for very specific reasons. (Using greens and yellows for the most common colours certainly fits the theme of the website.)
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sabreskull » Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 am

Always confused at rarity, its like a guessing game! I know there's the different levels but there is levels within the levels! I guess I'll learn, just new...
~ Sabreskull
Sabreskull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firestar6 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:32 pm

bump
→ → → Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀs ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟ... A ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴏɴᴇ's sᴏᴜʟ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴs ᴜɴᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴᴇᴅ ← ← ←

I will finish this later

links go here - links go here - links go here
links go here - links go here - links go here
Firestar6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 am

I see no downsides to this. Although I can tell the two colours apart I can see how it can cause confusion. Support <3
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 am

Support. The rarity bars for Common and Very Common seem very different, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to accidentally get the two confused, especially when you're scrolling through your groups quickly.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swanfeather7 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

Yes. I personally just look through, to see my pets sometimes, and it is hard to tell which is which if I am just going through. i have made that mistake a couple of times, so support.
Swanfeather7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montrovy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:07 pm

I really think this is a really good idea, VC and C just look much much too similar and I'm sure it would only take a very short while to change it

montro || he/him || adult
xxxxbut i stay silly :3
montrovy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huddson » Sun May 14, 2017 5:17 am

Support!

I don't personally organize my pets by rarity, but I can see this being a problem for people with bad screens or who need to get it done fast.
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me