Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby DoctorDraca » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm

You cannot move pictures in the oekaki. The wording is meant for normal drawing programs, not the oekaki. If you want to use references in the oekaki, you're going to have to eyeball them. Plus, with 'tracing the outlines', we mean doing that for study purposes, to get to know the general shape of an animal. If you wish to make art for people or make a species, it's not okay to use traced art. Using traced art is rather frowned upon by the artist community.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blizzard- » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

Oekaki has been working fine for me recently besides one small mishap. On this drawing I've been working on, I went to edit it, and it keeps loading as a blank canvas. I've tried pressing colored in, and it still shows as a blank canvas. I've even tried having a friend try to color it in and it shows up blank. Is there any way this can be fixed?
ImageImageImage

Commissions are CLOSED.
| My WME's | | My Characters | | My Fursona |

ImageImageImage
Icon Lines (c) Peace&Colby

Heartache is the worst ailment...
Blizzard-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MidnightDawn0-0 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:29 pm

When I click new drawing it says something about needing to run Java plug in or somethingnlike that to use the drawing app. It says it could put my computer at risk and says to do it only if I trust the site. Should I do this or will it put a virus in my computer?
Yo! Just some boring kid probably too old for this site. But as Walt Disney said, "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." Have a nice day whoever you may be!!!

Dawn|Female|straight|procrastinator at heart and always stressed (thanks school)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-Philippians 4:13

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-John 3:16
MidnightDawn0-0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Blizzard- wrote:

Oekaki has been working fine for me recently besides one small mishap. On this drawing I've been working on, I went to edit it, and it keeps loading as a blank canvas. I've tried pressing colored in, and it still shows as a blank canvas. I've even tried having a friend try to color it in and it shows up blank. Is there any way this can be fixed?

It's possible that there was an error while saving and not everything transferred to the server. Did you save it after it showed the blank canvas? Because if so, then your drawing may be lost, sadly.

darkwolf3412 wrote:When I click new drawing it says something about needing to run Java plug in or somethingnlike that to use the drawing app. It says it could put my computer at risk and says to do it only if I trust the site. Should I do this or will it put a virus in my computer?

If you have the latest Java update and a good anti-virus running, you won't have any issues at all. It's safe. You can press OK and draw to your heart's content without infecting your computer. It's a standard warning, nothing to fear.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MidnightDawn0-0 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 am

DoctorDraca wrote:
Blizzard- wrote:

It's possible that there was an error while saving and not everything transferred to the server. Did you save it after it showed the blank canvas? Because if so, then your drawing may be lost, sadly.

darkwolf3412 wrote:When I click new drawing it says something about needing to run Java plug in or somethingnlike that to use the drawing app. It says it could put my computer at risk and says to do it only if I trust the site. Should I do this or will it put a virus in my computer?

If you have the latest Java update and a good anti-virus running, you won't have any issues at all. It's safe. You can press OK and draw to your heart's content without infecting your computer. It's a standard warning, nothing to fear.

Thank you so much it really helped :D
Yo! Just some boring kid probably too old for this site. But as Walt Disney said, "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." Have a nice day whoever you may be!!!

Dawn|Female|straight|procrastinator at heart and always stressed (thanks school)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-Philippians 4:13

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-John 3:16
MidnightDawn0-0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blizzard- » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:09 am

DoctorDraca wrote:
Blizzard- wrote:

No, I did not save it.
After it showed the blank canvas, I just x-ed out of the tab.
ImageImageImage

Commissions are CLOSED.

ImageImageImage

Blizzard-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:39 am

Would it be possible to add me to the list of people that can colour it in? Just so I can see for myself.

Although, I've had users bring up this issue before and their drawings were lost. It's very unfortunate, but due to small issues while connecting to the server, things can go wrong.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blizzard- » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 am

DoctorDraca wrote:Would it be possible to add me to the list of people that can colour it in? Just so I can see for myself.

Although, I've had users bring up this issue before and their drawings were lost. It's very unfortunate, but due to small issues while connecting to the server, things can go wrong.

You've been added.
ImageImageImage

Commissions are CLOSED.

ImageImageImage

Blizzard-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby all patched up » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Is there a way to crop oekaki images? I have a small image in the center of the canvas that I need to crop for someones signature...
all patched up

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:00 am

Blizzard- wrote:
You've been added.

I'm going to ask around and see if anyone can help.
I think you might've lost your work, though.

Coloré wrote:Is there a way to crop oekaki images? I have a small image in the center of the canvas that I need to crop for someones signature...

You can save the drawing to your computer, then crop it in MS Paint or any kind of photo editing software. Then upload it to a photohost (like photobucket, imgur, tinypic, ...).
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me