Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Blackbirds » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:35 am

Simon wrote:
Noxyum wrote:I'm having a problem, my pen pressure isn't working! I've re-installed the drivers, and switch my Oekaki to try all the settings, but it still doesn't work!

Thanks to anyone that can help!

What browser/device are you using?

My tablet is a Wacom Intous Pro, and I'm using an Alienware 17 with google chrome!
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:42 am

Noxyum wrote:
Simon wrote:
Noxyum wrote:I'm having a problem, my pen pressure isn't working! I've re-installed the drivers, and switch my Oekaki to try all the settings, but it still doesn't work!

Thanks to anyone that can help!

What browser/device are you using?

My tablet is a Wacom Intous Pro, and I'm using an Alienware 17 with google chrome!

Chrome doesn't have great support for pen pressure yet but it should be coming soon.

If you go to Help > Tablet Support it should tell you if google chrome is supported for pen pressure on your tablet. (I have a Wacom Intous too and Chrome doesn't work for me either)

Your best bet is probably Firefox (Internet Explorer and Safari should also work) ^^
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 am

Simon wrote:
    Chrome doesn't have great support for pen pressure yet but it should be coming soon.

If you go to Help > Tablet Support it should tell you if google chrome is supported for pen pressure on your tablet. (I have a Wacom Intous too and Chrome doesn't work for me either)

Your best bet is probably Firefox (Internet Explorer and Safari should also work) ^^

Ok! Thank you!
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:40 am

my pen pressure doesn't seem to work at all in chibipaint! i'm running 32-bit firefox with a pen + touch wacom tablet, and i have the most recent version of java installed. it'll work fine in chickenpaint, but just stops entirely whenever i switch over to either version of chibipaint for some reason???

any help is appreciated!
quitting
evy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 am

quocoa wrote:
    my pen pressure doesn't seem to work at all in chibipaint! i'm running 32-bit firefox with a pen + touch wacom tablet, and i have the most recent version of java installed. it'll work fine in chickenpaint, but just stops entirely whenever i switch over to either version of chibipaint for some reason???

any help is appreciated!

You need to have some form of J tablet installed to have pen pressure on Chibipaint.

“I have no pen pressure!”
    “My pen's acting really weird but my tablet is fine?”

In order to enable pen pressure on the Oekaki, you need a plugin called JTablet. Not only does it give you pen pressure, but it fixes some lag issues with the Oekaki as well. It does not enable pen pressure for mouse users, only for tablet users. Be sure to restart your browser (or your computer if you're feeling fancy) after installing JTablet.

Also, make sure your tablet drivers are up to date! You can download the latest drivers from your tablet manufacturer's website. They're usually listed under the product name, or under 'Support' or something similar. If your pen pressure does not work outside of the Oekaki then you're just using out of date drivers and you need to update them or reinstall them.

For Mac OS X
      If you're using a recent version of Mac OS X, the official plugin won't work, so please install this version instead. Provided by our lovely Nick. If you have previously installed the other version of Tablet that is fine, just install this one and it will solve the issue. The other version of JTablet will make Oeaki not usable at all and cause the program to freeze.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZC. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:57 am

Is there a way to get pen pressure to affect line width rather than opacity? thanks! nvn
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:37 am

Erbynn wrote:Is there a way to get pen pressure to affect line width rather than opacity? thanks! nvn

There should be little circles next to Opacity and Size. When the Opacity circle is filled in, pen pressure affects the line's opacity. When the Size circle is filled in, pen pressure affects the line size. Just unmark the opacity circle and mark the size circle, and that should work :)
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Having some issues with pen pressure not working in ChickenPaint. I've restarted my laptop, reinstalled drivers, done everything I can think of really. Under the "help" tab in ChickenPaint it says the driver is installed and is properly working. I'm using a wacom intuos tablet on safari. Any help is greatly appreciated!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serotonin. » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Yaksha Corlere wrote:I have the Ugee version of a cintiq (I am drawing on the screen)
I can't seem to get pen pressure to work. I've tried both ChickenPaint and ChibiPaint, both FIrefox and Chrome. JTablet is installed, and it works fine on my Wacom Intuos, and even on my other Ugee (That I don't remember the name of, but it's similar to one of the high-end Wacom ones)
I can draw smoothly after following the troubleshooting steps (So the line isn't shaky) but I still don't have the brush size changes. Anyone know a fix to this?
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cerulean blue » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:17 pm

i draw something and i make the background transparent.
i go get the direct link and put the [img] on it
and the background is white.
how do a post an oekaki drawing with a transparent backgroud
without having it to be white?

Determind to complete
    wishlist, 1 page to go!
    Help is appreciated - please
    send trades/suggestions!
cerulean blue

My pets
My items
My wishlist