Trade Rant Thread

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Trade Rant Thread

Postby maetropa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Me and some other members have been annoyed at the behavior at some of those thread goers.

In the rules it clearly states
"4: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No more of this senseless name calling."
"7: Do not bad mouth COPPA'd users - as this is getting out of hand, do NOT come here to whine about how annoying it is that COPPA'd users cannot send trade messages, fail at rarities, or are sending multiple trades/edits, or just being downright annoying. You were once a newb yourself; you should remember this. The Trade Rant Thread is not a place to badmouth the COPPA'd users.
A COPPA'd user is a member under 13 years of age. They cannot send messages on the the forums or on the main site (i.e. trade messages). Yes, there are a large number of them who do not understand rarities, but then, neither did you when you started. ;)"

and even Tess has a message there;
"ust a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules!

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness."

If you look at any of the pages, you will see posts breaking these.

People calling others sad, hypocrites, "Foed. Try and learn your rarities, noob," and more insults.

It's a breeding ground.

I'm not the only one who thinks this, and it'd be nice if the Trade Rant thread was dealt with better, or even if it was revamped with stricter rules and penalties. Or they could just post on the annoyance thread.

I myself have had to stop myself from yelling at people on there, and just barely restrained myself. This thread is getting out of hand;; this is not to say everyone on it is bad, but some people are and it NEEDS to be dealt with.

I'd be grateful if this could be dealt with in one way or another.

~Nottie
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Dovahkiin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Dovahkiin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bodie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I agree!
Thanks for making this thread, Nottie.
goodbye kurloz
cs won't forget u bb
bodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernouli » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I think the same could be said about the Things That Annoy You thread. Every time I go there someone's cussing or complaining about other threads or users and being rude. I think both threads probably need to be cracked down on to be honest.

Regardless, you should be reporting those rude posts so that they can be dealt with by a moderator. We can't sit and monitor it all day, we need you guys' help to report things. I don't think they should be closed, because I'm not sure if closing them and taking them away from the users that do follow the rules is the way to go...
Image Art by Wookieinmashoo
- Need Help? - - Deviantart - - Newest Deviation -
Bernouli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maetropa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Yeah, the annoyance thread is also probably needing a clean up as well.
Same could be said about any thread which voices opinions really, like the Artist Rant thread, but with the trade rant thread it seems so much more numerous. If you look at any page you'll se something wrong, insulting, while on the annoyance thread it does happens but I don't think as much.
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightbeat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:42 pm

I don't think the thread should be locked or anything, but it'd be better if, as you said, moderated better.
I've seen people use crappy excuses to post there. "Oh, I already have two!" or "I don't like the pet." : /
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wifi » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Thank you. So much. Really.
    I have a tendancy to stalk that thread when I'm bored (no clue why, half of my life doesn't even make sense to me x.X) and rarely will there be something bad enough for my brain to kick in and say - "Hey! There's a report button - use it!" - but i do see a lot of useless bashing and "this is so stupid, it made me lol", ect. I understand that CS-crazed people sometimes need a place to vent about CS related annoyances, issues, and such; but as far as i can tell, precious few posts on the Trade Rant Thread are really what I'd consider "true rants". <--- just my two cents. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the TRT has gotten really nasty lately... <3
~~~~
~
┌────────┐

└────────┘
wifi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightbeat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

On the Things That Annoy You thread, I've noticed that people constantly trace someone's annoyance, and seem to just troll whoever the person someone was ranting about. Just starts a lot of fights, honestly.
So yeah, both need to be cut down, I think.
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernouli » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Tunnel Rat wrote:On the Things That Annoy You thread, I've noticed that people constantly trace someone's annoyance, and seem to just troll whoever the person someone was ranting about. Just starts a lot of fights, honestly.
So yeah, both need to be cut down, I think.

I've seen this happen with the Artist Rant Redux thread as well. It's bullying and not nice. I do hop around between "rant" threads when we get certain reports, just to make sure that's not what's happening, but a lot of the time we do miss things.
Image Art by Wookieinmashoo
- Need Help? - - Deviantart - - Newest Deviation -
Bernouli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maetropa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:17 pm

... I remember that.
I posted an art rant about a certain tutorial and others tracked it down and started a whole thing about it >.>

Yes, Artist Rant Thread and TTAY you also seem to be cracked down on, I just observed it earlier and I saw much more than I see when I just go there to rant >_>
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me