Re Releasing Store Pets...

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Re Releasing Store Pets...

Postby Sagaline » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:01 am

I definitely support this, I've been thinking about something similar myself ;)

Not sure about the cap though... instead maybe not make them available for too long? I'm also all for having several of these opportunities a year, for those of us who can only buy a couple of hundred C$ every other month instead of the couple of thousand we'd need if they were all rereleased at once XD
I'm Sagaline on Flight Rising as well. If you can't find me here I might be over there.
Sagaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cilesia Airell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 am

Honestly I was just thinking about this myself. It would need a cap of some sort, because as someone mentioned before, people with C$ may buy tons of the more popular ones and drive down their rarity. However at the same time, some of the earliest store pets were not guaranteed to turn into any specific outcome, which makes me think that the limit should be slightly higher for those litters. Regardless, a higher price would be a good idea, in order to keep the quantity bought relatively low.

As far as a release date goes, I think there should be a date (December 18th or otherwise) In which pets from years prior are available for purchase, however it would be difficult to decide which ones get re-released. Honestly, it might be best to release all of them at once, if only for the fact that it's unlikely that anyone will buy hundreds of a certain pet if all of them are available. In itself, it might serve as a cap on top of any official cap instated, keeping people from buying too many of one type.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
~William Shakespeare

Cilesia Airell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 am

Cilesia Airell wrote:...some of the earliest store pets were not guaranteed to turn into any specific outcome,
As far as a release date goes, I think there should be a date (December 18th or otherwise) In which pets from years prior are available for purchase, however it would be difficult to decide which ones get re-released. Honestly, it might be best to release all of them at once, if only for the fact that it's unlikely that anyone will buy hundreds of a certain pet if all of them are available. In itself, it might serve as a cap on top of any official cap instated, keeping people from buying too many of one type.

What? There's never been a store pet that you didn't know the outcome of. You spent money and you knew exactly what you were getting.
As for a date, I wouldn't suggest Dec 18th. Usually people are pretty scrapped for money that time of year. To me, that would be pretty jerk-ish to have to make that kind of decision, "Do I spend money on virtual pets that are only released on this day or have nice things for my friends and family?" I suggest a time near the end of the summer/early fall so even some of the younger members get a chance at getting these pets by taking part time jobs during the summer to get those pets :)
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cilesia Airell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:07 am

-Firestar- wrote:
Cilesia Airell wrote:...some of the earliest store pets were not guaranteed to turn into any specific outcome,

What? There's never been a store pet that you didn't know the outcome of. You spent money and you knew exactly what you were getting.
As for a date, I wouldn't suggest Dec 18th. Usually people are pretty scrapped for money that time of year. To me, that would be pretty jerk-ish to have to make that kind of decision, "Do I spend money on virtual pets that are only released on this day or have nice things for my friends and family?" I suggest a time near the end of the summer/early fall so even some of the younger members get a chance at getting these pets by taking part time jobs during the summer to get those pets :)

I was basing this off of the archives, where one newborn would yield one of multiple outcomes (seal pups, liontails, punks). I probably should've done a bit of research about that, sorry, but nothing before now has told me anything to the contrary ^^;

Also, I agree that it should be some other time of year, that's just what December 18th is known for so it automatically sprung to mind ^^;
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
~William Shakespeare

Cilesia Airell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me