A New Feature?

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think this should be a new feature?

Yes!
67%
Maybe, it sounds confusing.
6%
No!
28%

Total votes : 18

A New Feature?

Postby AmnesiaUndead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 am

I think there should be a new feature!
When you click my pets there should be a button arrange and you can arrange them from oldest-newest or newest-oldest or sort by pet. Please enter the Poll!
I'm so tired. I'm done of acting. If you don't like me go. I honestly don't care.
AmnesiaUndead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A New Feature?

Postby ivory. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 am

There's a similar suggestion to this, sorting by rarity. They're both sort of filters of the pets. This is Tess' reply, which will probably apply to your suggestion, as well:
Tess wrote:this is a great idea, and I passed on the suggestion to Nick, but he is not sure that it will be possible because there isn't an efficient way to group them by rarity (meaning that it would slow everything down whenever people tried to sort by rarity)

(#6) --.-

┌───────────────┐

hi! i'm ivory! i play a lot of pet
sites and even some video games
irisid is my v helpful brother! ♥
credits: x / x / x / x

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
ivory.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:04 am

There was also something about the system only being able to sort pets by ID number, and changing that would require a lot of work and huge changes to the site, which I presume is something they don't want to bother with.

Pets are already sorted by age (newest to oldest), as age is indicated by ID number. The reason re-releases are not put in the same place as their original release date is exactly because their ID numbers are not from that period. Their IDs are new, and so they are sorted in the correct place by ID, and thus, age. Age = ID number, technically.
Last edited by tawnypelt3 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivory. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 am

tawnypelt3 wrote:There was also something about the system only being able to sort pets by ID number, and changing that would require a lot of work and huge changes to the site, which I presume is something they don't want to bother with.

Not so much they can't be bothered with it, just that it would be exceptionally hard. Tess seemed very enthusiastic about it and even passed the idea around in the quote I posted~

(#6) --.-

┌───────────────┐

hi! i'm ivory! i play a lot of pet
sites and even some video games
irisid is my v helpful brother! ♥
credits: x / x / x / x

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
ivory.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Ebony Skies ; wrote:
tawnypelt3 wrote:There was also something about the system only being able to sort pets by ID number, and changing that would require a lot of work and huge changes to the site, which I presume is something they don't want to bother with.

Not so much they can't be bothered with it, just that it would be exceptionally hard. Tess seemed very enthusiastic about it and even passed the idea around in the quote I posted~

Nick has a whole lot of new features on his to-do list--features that would be really useful for the site as a whole--and he has a life outside of CS. This may not be impossible to do, but as you said, it would probably be very time-consuming and difficult to rewrite the entire code, and I don't think it is all that important to be able to re-arrange groups by age. Rarity, maybe, but not age. Tess was referring to sorting by rarity, which is a different thing in that there isn't an easy alternative solution like just going to the last page of the group and working your way backward to see oldest to newest.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage