Successful Adoptions and Agencies: A Guide

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Successful Adoptions and Agencies: A Guide

Postby dservizzi » Sun May 25, 2014 7:24 am

Cool ;3

чíρρч! ítѕ ωíиtєr~
thє ρєrƒєct tíмє ƒσr hσt chσcσℓαtє αи∂ ѕωєєtѕ~
ítѕ αℓѕσ chrístмαѕ tíмє!
α tíмє ƒσr gєttíиg...вut мч ƒαvσrítє ραrtѕ thє gívíиg!~

íм α hσℓíвσмвєr!
í'vє gíƒtє∂ _16 ρєσρℓє!
í'vє received _11 gíƒtѕ!

dservizzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby X_x_COPY_x_X » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Someone said I could take over their adoptables, star kitties. They asked me to because they aren't online as often anymore. There's not many adopters as there were before. I'm planning in drawing some events and host some raffles once some litters have gone up. Do you think this is a good way to start?
ImageImageImage<--- click on my eggz plz!! XD

ImageImageImage
X_x_COPY_x_X

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:39 pm

★Shiny★Umbreon★ wrote:Someone said I could take over their adoptables, star kitties. They asked me to because they aren't online as often anymore. There's not many adopters as there were before. I'm planning in drawing some events and host some raffles once some litters have gone up. Do you think this is a good way to start?

Absolutely! Also, make sure you advertise as much as you can in your signature, and make something available so fans can do the same if they wish. c:

Another something that I haven't seen yet that might work: If you've got an affiliate that's very popular, talk to that species/agency/what-have-you owner and see if you can run a deal with them: maybe a small contest that involves whatever they offer (for example, if it's an art shop, maybe a piece of art from them; or if it's a species thread, a character design) alongside something that you're adopting out.

... That's hard to understand, let me try one big example. xD I used two of my own species to illustrate, though I'm not quite sure how the second part would go considering they aren't very complementary of one another. :B
    Monster Adopts has two affiliates, Art Shop 1 and Jefferson Starships. Monster's holding an event - a raffle, with the prizes being a Monster and a headshot from the artist of Art Shop 1 (after a quick conversation with said artist, of course; maybe the owner of Monster will have to pay a small fee or something to make it fair?).
    Another part of the event is an art contest with the prizes being a complementary pair of friends: a Monster and a Jefferson Starship, donated to the event after another quick conversation with the species owner. They could be specially edited, or something, to make it even more appealing.

All win: The artist and Jefferson Starships get advertising, and the Monsters have made followers of the art shop and the Jefferson Starships aware of the species.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am

If I were to create an adoption, could I post several different posts to make it slightly more organized? Or would that just make it way to confusing for everyone?

๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑

with peace and love
ʚɞ·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·♡
⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬Bobble⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬
⚬♡⚬⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⚬♡⚬
Bobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:24 am

If you mean within 1 single thread, then yes! Make multiple posts, it's way more organized

If you mean more than 1 thread, I'd say no- that's a bit more confusing and hard to navigate. I find it's best to have one thread with multiple posts within the thread to keep organized. You can link to specific posts within a thread if you need to (when you edit a post, then click "view submitted message", copy the URL on that page and that will link you to the post) and it's all in one place so people don't have to search.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 am

An addendum to Ember's making the post part: when you do that, scroll down to below the text box is (to the list of checkboxes) and uncheck the "display signature" one - it'll hide your signature and help make it look more organized. c:

Also, you can grab the post's url later on by clicking the title (for example, in this thread, "Re: Successful Adoptions and Agencies: A Guide" and copying the url that comes up [or simply right-click (PC)/control-click (Mac) and copy the link]. cx
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:44 am

EmberWolf wrote:If you mean within 1 single thread, then yes! Make multiple posts, it's way more organized

If you mean more than 1 thread, I'd say no- that's a bit more confusing and hard to navigate. I find it's best to have one thread with multiple posts within the thread to keep organized. You can link to specific posts within a thread if you need to (when you edit a post, then click "view submitted message", copy the URL on that page and that will link you to the post) and it's all in one place so people don't have to search.

Okay thanks! And yeah I was think on thread like so:

Post 1 ..........

New Post same thread post 2
Anyways, thanks!

๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑

with peace and love
⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬Bobble⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬
⚬♡⚬⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⚬♡⚬
Bobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Bentley wrote:An addendum to Ember's making the post part: when you do that, scroll down to below the text box is (to the list of checkboxes) and uncheck the "display signature" one - it'll hide your signature and help make it look more organized. c:

Also, you can grab the post's url later on by clicking the title (for example, in this thread, "Re: Successful Adoptions and Agencies: A Guide" and copying the url that comes up [or simply right-click (PC)/control-click (Mac) and copy the link]. cx

I don't understand that last part about the URL but everything else is clear. :D But one more question, do I leave the signature on the first post? Also, to attract more "adoptees" could I make some banners stamps and some pixel art? It would be like a free gift shop lol!

๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑

with peace and love
⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬Bobble⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬
⚬♡⚬⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⚬♡⚬
Bobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[[HERE]]

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm

The url thing is an alternate way to getting a specific post's URL like I explained with editing. What you do is right click on the title of the post- see above my post it says [[HERE]], then click "Copy Link Location", and it does the same thing.

Also, I suggest leaving your signature off all posts until your last post, or what I normally do is reserve all my posts when I first make the thread, edit the posts to my liking, then when I'm done I post one last time saying "posting open" and leave my signature on that. It is just a lot more clean and seamless, easier to scroll through.

And yes, whatever you want! Advertising for your thread is always helpful. Just make sure you are only advertising in places people allow- as in, don't go posting your banners on random threads. I suggest putting it in your signature and letting other people do the same.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 pm

EmberWolf wrote:The url thing is an alternate way to getting a specific post's URL like I explained with editing. What you do is right click on the title of the post- see above my post it says [[HERE]], then click "Copy Link Location", and it does the same thing.

Also, I suggest leaving your signature off all posts until your last post, or what I normally do is reserve all my posts when I first make the thread, edit the posts to my liking, then when I'm done I post one last time saying "posting open" and leave my signature on that. It is just a lot more clean and seamless, easier to scroll through.

And yes, whatever you want! Advertising for your thread is always helpful. Just make sure you are only advertising in places people allow- as in, don't go posting your banners on random threads. I suggest putting it in your signature and letting other people do the same.

I don't have the cop link location on my computer. Weird O.o Also do you know how to make banners and stamps? Please tell me how DX Another thing, is this a good adoption center? Link: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2343214

๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑
๋࣭ ⭑