GIMP BRUSH ADOPTION SHOP!!!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

GIMP BRUSH ADOPTION SHOP!!!

Postby abrickwalleh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 am

I'll start off with the rules-
1: If I catch you stealing the brushes you WILL be reported.
2: I don't accept any one else's brushes besides my own
3: You must earn points to get the brushes, you can't just take them.
4: No arguing with me
5: After buying the brushes, give me credit for the brushes on the pictures you use them in. Just add a quick note saying "CT   "
6: I don't rate the same picture twice, even if it's edited a little.
7: No more than 10 pictures at a time, because i'm a busy person and it's hard for me to keep up.
8: ALL ART HAS TO BE 100% YOUR OWN
9: If you break any rules you will get a !!! next to your name. it's a strike. if you disobey a rule after that you will get removed from members and will not longer be able to use any brushes you have bought.

How to get points: To get points you have to post pictures that you drew ( no photography ) and I will rate them 1-5. If you get a 1, you get one point, if you get two you get two points and so on. Brushes cost 8 points. ( not including discount brushes )

Fill out this form to join:
Username:
Points: ( put down 5, everyone starts with five.If you don't put down 5 or you put down more than 5 you won't be able to join xD )

Once you buy a brush from me you must save it to your desktop ( should save as .png, if not, do so .) after that go to the image, right click it,and select " Open with GIMP " when it opens with gimp go to the "edit" tab and press " copy you must press "copy" or else you will not be able to make it into a brush! " [/I]
After that you should be able to make it into a brush, So go back to the tab " edit " and cruise over the " paste as " tab, something should shop up like
" paste as; new layer,
Paste as; new image,
Paste as; new pattern,
and Paste as ; new brush.
Click on " Paste as new brush! " After clicking that there will be a pop-up that asks what you want to name your brush and what the spacing will be. Do whatever you want on there ( grass or ground cover would be better off between the 7-15 spacing range, I usually do about 9 or 10 for grass,sometimes 11 )
then when you go to your brush box after you save the brush it should be there! Viola!
Have fun with your new brush. If you want to change the color of the brush select the brush and before using it looks down on the bar, and select " use color from gradient."

THANKS TO BLUESTREAM FOR THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PHOTOSHOP, she was kind enough to let me use them : ) :
Bluestream- " Once you open the brush up with photoshop go to Edit-Define Brush. It should come up with a selection panel that says name brush and it will show a little preview of it. Name it and then click save. It should then appear in your brushes at the end. Also remember that it doesn't matter what size or colour you save it as. you can easily change that in different pictures as you go along."

Example:
Boo-Boo joins and draws a picture and gets a 2, he starts off with five points so Boo-Boo's profile looks like this. If Boo-Boo draws a another picture and gets a 1, Boo-Boo can buy a brush. But then Boo-Boo's points go back down to 0 because brushes are 8 points. UNLESS Boo-Boo buys a discount brush below the regular brushes. Discount brush prices vary in prices.

Boo-Boo

Members~~

Brushes~~

BRUSHES MADE BY ANONYMOUS- FOREHEAD- given permission to use!

Ground Cover-

Small maroon grass- Thin green grass with tiny maroon flowers bursting from the top. The fronds are darkly shaded and small.

Grass 1- Very pretty when you use in large amounts, and extremely useful.

Moss- Works better than it looks, makes a smooth ground-covering and grass/moss like carpet, very handy!

wild strawberry-Great for eye-catching ground cover or a bush.

Thick grass- A dense patch of grass with dark colors, best for forests.

Clovers- a nice ground cover and spring plant used in any type of picture. Very useful.

Yellow ground-cover- Cute green vines that delicately branch across the ground and bloom with tiny yellow flowers.

Yellow grass- Grass with small yellow flowers in it, very cute and handy! it goes well in pond/meadow/forest scenes.

Grass/flower 3 Wow! grass and flowers all in one!Very nice in meadows.

Plants;

Juniper brush- For best results you're going to need to use this in large quantity, because of how flimsy and thing this bush is. Nevertheless, it's a great grey-green bush with vibrant blue berries.

Pale mushroom- The pale mushroom is a spongey pale mushie with yellow dots on the edges, best when used alone instead of a large clump.

Blue Tulip- A small sweet-smelling blue tulip that can be placed in meadows.

Feverfew- A useful herb that fits in perfectly in meadows with it's delicate white flowers C:

Cat-tail- Perfect for pond/lake scenes, adds a calm look

Maroon double flower- Mysterious and helpful in a dark forest with lots of trees and leaves, the hanging maroon flowers will look very natural, yet stand out.

Orange and white flowers- Small triple flowers with a beautiful design with look lovely surrounded in grass in a yard, garden, meadow, or anywhere else

Dark Fern- A dark fern, maybe use in a dark forest scene, or in front of a den. Ferns are very useful for space fillers.

Light Fern- Just another fern, this one is slightly lighter, maybe user in a starclan scene, or space filler.

Flower bush- Best when used in a small brush size, great for sunny summer scenes or dens,

Blueberry bush- Personally, I love these. It's unique, small, and I have a passion for berries. Great if you love bushes!

Fruit vine- They sort of looks like grapes xD if you want a nice vine in your backround, this is the brush for you

Red berry bush- Has a cute holiday/fall look to it, o use this one a lot and I think it's excellent.

Puffy flower- The soft easter-like colors will go great in any picture, they look great when used in large quantities.

Water lily- Completes a swamp,lake/pond/ river/whatever. The vibrant color will contrast the murky water.

Dry double flower- A dark red dry double flower, with nice green-brown leaves. They look dry and fancy at the same time!

Fancy lily- Beautiful multi-colored lily patch, perfect in a water scene, or anything else!

Heather- a bunch of small pink flowers, works nicely and blends with a scene on the plain or by a river.

White bush- Produces beautiful white flowers that will light up any picture.

Bluebells- Thin, stalky, delicate plant with soft blue flowers draped on the lithe stem.

forsythia- a spring bush with elegant pale yellow flowers and sprouting lush green leaves.

Fern flower- Leafy fern with three maroon/white flowers on the top.

Lavender- Cute little lavender fronds : D

Dry laurel- Laurel bush with dry flower buds.

Spider plant- leafy plant with pale pink flowers ( If you don't know what a spider plant is, search it )

Fall berries- Bright orange-red berries on a thin plant and yellow-green leaves will look great in a fall scene

Mushrooms- Two cute brown mushrooms to add in a forest to add a nice little touch.

Tropical tree- A short, leafy tree with brown nuts that hang in clumps off the broad branches.

Multi-colored berries- Bush with a vibrant set of raspberries AND blackberries xD

Cherry blossom- Small cherry blossom branch, very nice in Asian themed pictures.

Astilbe- A beautiful puffy flower with hundreds of beautiful pale yellow flowers that are soft to the touch-

Other brushes:

Flame- A small fire, use in a fire place or such.
wispy Cloud- Pretty whisp cloud, will look amazing in a light blue sky.

Rock- Use when needed, rocks are a nice little touch your your picture :)

Star- Shrink and place in a dark night sky.

Sun- A nice bright sun! Use when you need it.

Snow flakes- Use them if you're drawing a snow-storm or flurries. They look a bit like stars, so they could be used as both/either?

Mossy rock- Another type of rock, this time with moss and better shading, ahha.

Feathers- A request. Anyone is welcome to buy them.

Sunrise clouds- Small puff clouds. Enlarge and use in a sunrise scene. 2 or 3 strokes will do the job.

Moon- A bright moon with deep ragged craters. Use in a starry-night picture.

Storm cloud- Dark rainy clouds with just the right amount of fluff! If you intend on using more than one I suggest you lower opacity down to around 30.

These are discount brushes- brushes that I think are worth less than 8 points, and people low on points can buy these!

( I know it's hard to see, but it's a good brush, I use it myself )
SMALL PATCH GRASS- A small patch of grass that can be used as lone patches in deserts or big patches in fields. 5 POINTS

DOUBLE WEEDS- Simple weeds you see on the roadside, great in meadows or grassy fields, they finish up a boring picture. 5 POINTS
abrickwalleh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GIMP BRUSH ADOPTION SHOP!!!

Postby abrickwalleh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 am

;)
abrickwalleh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazama » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

Username: HollowSelf

I think this is a excellent idea,I'll post a pic soon! :clap:
hazama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazama » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:16 am

Lol,saw your avatar change from spork-man to poking smileys x)
hazama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me