We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:47 am

Grey French wrote:
    It would reduce the lag for… who, exactly? The kids you mentioned earlier who can’t attend the Pound because they’re too busy with school?

Every single person who attends the Pound is contributing to the lag, not just the Discord bot users. The Discord bot users are also CS users, they shouldn’t be barred just for using a reminder tool?

And with regards to your point about pinging friends, I wasn’t talking about that. There are public Discord servers with thousands of members and a manual Pound ping to supplement the bot pings, so again, no, getting rid of the bot wouldn’t change anything.

Previous users have already made the point of how high the site spikes when the bot pings everyone upthread. I would also advocate for public ping groups to "thousands" of users also be removed. No one is going to be "barred", but off-site bots/bots in general should not be used to artificially ensure attendance at every pound opening.

Adults have job, kids have school. That was addressing the user who claimed that kids have some sort of wide advantage on adults that can only be overcome by using the pound bot.

You are not engaging in good faith and are ignoring the points that other users have put time into making about the pound bot, lag, and the surrounding discussion of the pound as a site function. I am not interested in speaking with you past this post.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 am

As someone who uses the pound ping it definitely doesn’t “ensure” my attendance. I still regularly miss pounds. I still have just as much of a chance of getting rares as anyone who doesn’t use the pound ping.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 am

I think people are also severely overestimating the number of users pound pings actually drive in. I am a manual pinger for the pound in a big cs discord server and even I forget to visit the pound after I ping people. it isn't thousands of people coming online at once. a lot of the people with autoreminds on don't even go on cs for the pound, they just have the ping for when they are available. I don't know why this is so controversial. just set a timer on your phone and you are even. it really is not that deep guys
    ===== if heaven is full of people, then=====
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ------ ADULT - ART - MINECRAFT - THEY/HE -----

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ==== it will be exactly the same as earth ====
axes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am

Darkcloud! wrote:
Grey French wrote:
    It would reduce the lag for… who, exactly? The kids you mentioned earlier who can’t attend the Pound because they’re too busy with school?

Every single person who attends the Pound is contributing to the lag, not just the Discord bot users. The Discord bot users are also CS users, they shouldn’t be barred just for using a reminder tool?

And with regards to your point about pinging friends, I wasn’t talking about that. There are public Discord servers with thousands of members and a manual Pound ping to supplement the bot pings, so again, no, getting rid of the bot wouldn’t change anything.

Previous users have already made the point of how high the site spikes when the bot pings everyone upthread. I would also advocate for public ping groups to "thousands" of users also be removed. No one is going to be "barred", but off-site bots/bots in general should not be used to artificially ensure attendance at every pound opening.

Adults have job, kids have school. That was addressing the user who claimed that kids have some sort of wide advantage on adults that can only be overcome by using the pound bot.

You are not engaging in good faith and are ignoring the points that other users have put time into making about the pound bot, lag, and the surrounding discussion of the pound as a site function. I am not interested in speaking with you past this post.

You can’t advocate for removing those pings because it’s a standard Discord feature. Getting rid of that would be veering way out of CS’s lane. Not every Discord is linked officially to CS and therefore not every Discord is bound by their rules. You’re advocating for a change that is not in any way feasible to implement so best of luck with that.

What would be more feasible is what others are suggesting, making the Pound countdown more accessible to non-Discord users.

I do not have the time to read all 300 posts on this thread. I’m glad you do though, even though you choose to ignore the responses saying that Discord pings are an accessibility feature for neurodivergent people. I apologize if I’ve come across somewhat passive-aggressive, I’m genuinely frustrated because you are arguing to try to take away a tool that makes life easier for people, instead of trying to come up with positive solutions that don’t harm anyone. Site lag is an issue, yes, so how about instead we ask if there’s any way to optimize the site? How about we put Pound bot features on CS instead of trying to take them away? People who use convenient reminders have just as much of a right to attend the Pound as any other site user. Taking away pings is, in a way, barring people from using the Pound, because people have work and school and ADHD and what have you, and they literally do not have the capacity to check for themselves when it is opening. That shouldn’t stop them from getting to participate in a fun, quick, several-minute activity on the site.
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
GREY - THEY/AE - CHRISTIAN

I'm genderfluid and so my secondary
pronoun may change, but my primary
pronoun will always be "they." Thx!

WRITER - LINGUIST - SUBTITLER

FlightRising
Pride PLUS
Pronouns Pg

𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚:

The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 am

Grey French wrote:
    You can’t advocate for removing those pings because it’s a standard Discord feature. Getting rid of that would be veering way out of CS’s lane. Not every Discord is linked officially to CS and therefore not every Discord is bound by their rules. You’re advocating for a change that is not in any way feasible to implement so best of luck with that.

Snipped to add that I get pinged on other sites besides Discord as well. You can't stop people from doing this, you can't control what people do on the internet.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelx3 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 am

The four Improvements for everyone that dont Take away Something from other people:

- second Countdown once Pound is Open so you have more time to Look at your Page
- better Server Response to Pound influx
- Less Pound pets per Page
- better visible countdown to Pound and Lost & Found
+ CS based remind system

Of which only The First two have a Suggestion thread, so Show your Support for those on their Threads & maybe create one for The other two instead of this...

And if you Need more blame Options go to 'Free Adoptions' and Tell them First come First Server is unfair and only Raffles should be allowed, in fact Ban all Adoption Centers.
Gifting Friends should be banned since thats an unfair Advantage to them & all event Banners should be removed since It obviously favours adults.
Because everyone knows every adult has a Lot of free time and every child is stuck at school for 10h without Access to a mobile. And individual & cultural differences dont exist at all.

Yep i am amazed its Not locked yet.
Angelx3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

Sorry to butt in, but I don't think the Discord bot is the problem,It is a useful tool for many people, and everyone can create a Pound alarm clock for themselves
The real problem is the site which is unable to keep up with the lag of so many people, I think we will have to ask for improvements to the site

Its just my opinion of course!
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|♋︎|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

axes wrote:I think people are also severely overestimating the number of users pound pings actually drive in. I am a manual pinger for the pound in a big cs discord server and even I forget to visit the pound after I ping people. it isn't thousands of people coming online at once. a lot of the people with autoreminds on don't even go on cs for the pound, they just have the ping for when they are available. I don't know why this is so controversial. just set a timer on your phone and you are even. it really is not that deep guys

i agree with this person, as someone who used to have a cs discord server and would help manually ping people, in most cases i would accidentally miss the pound after pinging. it is not as deep and the ping bots are definitely not the problem here.

it is a tool to help out users (if they need a reason or not, it’s to help and that should be enough), we need to find a solution that can help with the lag ON site, not worry about what’s happening off site??

i feel like everyone is losing the the main point, and unfortunately the game will not be able to accommodate everyone’s needs. newer users will have to discover tricks on their own, and everyone will have to use the tools they have in front of their faces.

this is a silly online game experience where you adopt a pet you wouldn’t have had the chance to have without it. it is for fun and to give everyone an extra little boost in their collections (whether that be a common or a vr, regardless you are getting something).

overall, the pound is not perfect by any means, and could use some help fixing the lag. i do not think all of these drastic changes need to happen. at most, randomizing the pet year order and trying to find a way to sort out the lag is enough.
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buck Ruffler » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 am

i dont really think this has anything to do with pinging bots really and i dont see them having any particularly serious impact

im just wondering if this is a through and done deal, or if more minor adjustments (like some have been discussed) to the pound are still on the table, given that the poll has a 1/3rd split. a non-negligible amount of players want both options, from how i see it... i appreciate cs looking for community feedback, anyhow :]
Giant Squids are sweet, and i'm pretty sure that they have the real ultimate power. Cephalopods in general are pretty sweet, too.
Buck Ruffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buster2918 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:COPPAs can't post in forums, so yes, the discussion here is going to be older adults. Kids under 13 are in school, often are in activities outside of school, and have time-restrictions on internet usage. Additionally, you must be 15/16 in some locales to access discord. Highschoolers/children on this site have about as much free time as a working adult, with the exception of summer/winter breaks (which often see kids having to travel/going to camps/other activities that take up their time anyways). The bot gives adult players, who already have access to advantages (money for c$, ability to form off-site groups to control trading and set prices...).... more advantage. So no, it's not available for EVERYONE on a site supposedly geared towards a playerbase of kids.

just because staff sort-of says it's fine, doesn't make it fair, doesn't mean it's not actively contributing to the pound problem that changing opening size/times won't fix.

Regarding the kids and adults not having time to check the site or set up timers for whatever reason, that sounds like an issyou, not an issme. I miss a lot of pound openings these days, but I'm not going to blame anyone else for my lack of accessibility due to time constraints other than myself? That makes no sense. It's not CS's fault or any random user's fault that my iife is occupied. As it's been stated, removing any pinging feature would literally benefit no one, but rather strip away the accessibility of users utilizing said system. I understand you had this idea and you are clearly passionate about it, but it is not achievable as it is related to off-site bots that CS literally has no control over no matter how hard they try.

On another note, I agree with the idea of potentially adding a live timer or something of the sort, but I'd also be fine without it. I also agree with axes stating that offsite pings don't even bring in as many people as some seem to think. Just because they have a pinging system doesn't mean their life is any less busy. Literally all it does is notify you so you don't have to take time out of your day to check the website. I am glad the staff have deemed notification bots not an issue, because it seems irrational to think that.
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊