grubits - open for marking!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

grubits - open for marking!

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:45 pm

> main page < rules - species info - adopts/raffles - shelter
customs/myo - shopping district - explore the underground - archive/bank - staff search

Grom wrote:Welcome to Grubits!
Here you can adopt, shop, and explore the underground!
I’m Grom, the species spokesgrub, and I’ll be your guide
through the adoption process. follow me!

News wrote:
03/07/24 -🚧 pardon the mess, we’re still under construction 🚧
Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - rules

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 pm

main page > rules < species info - adopts/raffles - shelter - customs/myo - shopping district - explore the underground

GENERAL RULES

1. All CS rules apply.

2.Please do not claim the base or designs of your grubits as your own. Please credit [url]my TH account,[/url] and the artist of your specific design.

3. Please do not edit the base lines or design in any way. Staff will add items and backgrounds.

4. Please be respectful and kind to all staff. Do not pester staff for a grubit that you want/didn’t win. This will result in a strike.

5. Non-staff members are not permitted to make your own grubit design, unless you are given express permission from oshkosh or have myo bones.

6. If you no longer want your grubit, please exchange it at the [url]shelter[/url] for grubs; or you may trade your grubit for another UMA, only if the other species allow it.

7. You may have a maximum of 7 grubits. This is to allow plenty of users to adopt, and will expand once we have more members.

TRADING RULES

1. You may exchange grubits/items for other grubits or grubs on the exchange channel of [url]our discord[/url] or the [url]trading page.[/url] You may also trade for other UMA. (User Made Adoptable)/Closed species. The other species rules must allow it.

2. You may not sell your free grubits obtained from adopts, raffles, clutches or digging for real life currency (USD, CAD, GBP, etc.). This will result in an immediate ban.

3. You may trade grubits/items for C$, pets, or art.

4. Grubits have a 1 week (7 days) trading cooldown. This is to prevent ‘flipping’ grubits. This applies to any newly obtained grubits, including adopts, raffles, giveaways, shiny rock clutches, or those found digging. Breaking this rule will result in a 1 month probation.

5. Any grubits purchased with real life currency (USD, CAD, GBP, etc.), including USD clutches, may be sold for the exact same amount they were bought for.

BREEDING RULES

1. Grubits are born in clutches of 2-4, rolled at random. Breeding between 2 users will always result in an even number!

2. 1 user must have a shiny rock for the breeding to be valid, unless purchasing for USD. Shiny rocks can be obtained via digging or in [url]Gramps General Store.[/url]

3. Grubits have a 2 week breeding cooldown. Breaking this rule will result in a strike.

4. Grubits may breed 3 times before retiring. They may breed again if the owner obtains a Moss Agate. These can be obtained via digging or in [url]Gramps General Store.[/url]

5. Clutches obtained via shiny rocks are not allowed to be sold for real life currency. (USD, CAD, GBP, etc.) Breaking this rule will result in an immediate ban.

6. You must have owned the grubit for at least 1 week (7 days) before breeding them. Breaking this rule will result in a strike.

7. Gen 3 and lower may breed, Gen 4 and onward are infertile.

FAQ wrote:
What does the adoption process look like?
answer

How many Grubits can I adopt?
Answer

Can I breed my Grubits?
Answer

Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - species info

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:51 pm

main page - rules > species info < adopts/raffles - shelter - customs/myo - shopping district - explore the underground

What is a Grubit?

A grubit is a unique, mammalian creature about the size of a large housecat to small leopard; with six legs, an inflatable hood, triple iris eyes, and a grabbler for a tail. They primarily live underground and dig for worms, grubs, and beetles. They are fiercely territorial and live in groups called grips. They’re incredibly intelligent and make fantastic companions for long journeys. They are named for the noise they make with their hoods, like frogs: grrrubit!

HOOD - perhaps the most defining feature of a grubit, the hood is a normally brightly colored pouch that expands, along with the nose flap and bubble ears when the grubit is frightened, or during its mating dance. This is a defense mechanism to make the grubit look more threatening.
    SNAPPER - grubits have a large jaw that snaps closed with the force of an alligator. They also have specialized pouches in their cheeks that collect gases released from the bugs they eat, that fuel their hood when it inflates. Their tongues are long and brightly colored to fend off predators when threatened.

NOSE FLAP - a grubits’ nose flap will expand when threatened or when performing their mating dance. They have an incredible sense of smell, used to find bugs when digging. The nose flap also protects their nostrils while burrowing.

TRIPLE IRIS - all grubits have black sclera and 3 irises that go from lightest to dark in color. They have superior vision and can see color outside the human spectrum.

BUBBLE EARS - their ears are a round and fluffy, and expand when threatened or mating. They have relatively poor hearing compared to most mammals, but make up for it with smell and eyesight.

GRABBLER - the grabbler is a hand-like appendage that protrudes from the grubits tail. It can grab and dig like a regular hand. They often use it to throw dirt behind them when burrowing.

FORELEGS/MIDLEGS/HINDLEGS - grubits have 3 sets of legs that they use to burrow and climb. When threatened or mating, they raise their hindquarters and splay out their mid and hind legs to appear bigger.

Variations

Common Edits
[img]-[/img][img]-[/img][img]-[/img]

Uncommon Edits

Rare Edits

Legendary Edits
Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - adopts

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:33 pm

main page - rules - species info > adopts/raffles < shelter - customs/myo - shopping district - explore the underground

[img]-[/img]
Grom wrote: Welcome to adopts! Clutches will be released as raffles normally. Occasionally they will be released as a fcfs, prompts, or other fun competitions. These clutches will always be free, and cannot be traded for real life currency. Each clutch will have 5-10 Grubits, and will be released every 1-2 weeks. Code drops will happen when winners are announced!

Grom wrote: First thing first! Make sure you’ve posted in the archive thread before entering for a grubit. This is so we can keep track of who owns who!

CLUTCH # 1
THEME - TBD / ARTIST - oshkosh
TYPE - FCFS / END DATE - N/A

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

[img]-[/img]

ENTRY FORM

* these forms cannot be edited, unless its a prompt competition! Please make sure you’ve written the correct ID # for the grubit you want!

Code: Select all
[center][b][size=110]I’m claiming a Grubit![/size][/b][/center]
[list][b]username + ID[/b] - answer here
[b]Grubit ID[/b] - this cannot be changed if it’s a raffle/fcfs, double check!
[b]Clutch #[/b] - 1
[b]link to archive post[/b] - please link to your specific post
[b]Grubit name[/b] - answer here
[b]Grubit gender[/b] - answer here[/list]
Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - shelter

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:23 pm

[img]-[/img]

Grom wrote:
    Welcome to the shelter! This is where you can drop grubits you don't connect with anymore. Every surrender will be rewarded with 250 grubs. These grubits are always readopted on a fcfs basis, and have a 1 month cooldown before they can be traded again.

AVAILABLE GRUBITS

no one here right now! check again later!
Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - res

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm

Res
Last edited by oshkosh on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

grubits - res

Postby oshkosh » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Res
oshkosh