Midcats | Explore Closed!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Midcats | Explore Closed!

Postby Violetglare » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 pm

The creator of this base is my irl friend lazyleopardjade (this links to their Instagram.) They made this as an art trade with the base intended for this species and they may receive free midcats or treatment that seems unfair if they were to ever participate in the species.

Lore wrote: You've come to a quiet shack, hidden away at the edge of the woods you've been exploring. When you've explored before you have often have felt watched, and you have that same feeling now as you approach this cabin. You start as you realize that smoke is billowing from the chimney, but you approach the shack anyways. You steel yourself and knock on the door, only to be almost instantly thrown back into the bushes as someone slams the door open. A "person" appearing to be female rushes out in a panic. "Oh, I'm so sorry!! I wasn't expecting you for a while, please come in!" They help you up out of the bushes and quickly usher you inside, making sure no one is around before closing the door. Once you enter the building, however, you notice that same feeling of being watched. All of a sudden something lands on you, and you whip around to see a winged black cat with a strange star on its forehead fall to the ground. "Oh Star," the person says. "Be careful with our guest! They don't know about your species yet!" You give the person a curious look as they laugh. "Star isn't a normal cat, she's a Midcat!" At your obviously bewildered look they continue. "Midcats have been around for a while, but they were hunted down for their ability to shapeshift. Luckily, they developed the ability to read minds, so they were able to escape when they heard a hunter's mind nearby. You've probably felt watched while you've been in this forest before, and that's because they are all around you, watching. I protect them, but they finally trust you enough to let you get close now!" She turns to grab some stuff that appears to be cat treats, feather toys, and other assorted items cats would like. "Now that they trust you, I think you're ready to go find one! Come one, lets explore! It won't be easy though."

Rules:
- Be kind! Any rude behaviour or insults directed at others or staff will not be tolerated and will result in a warning.
- Respect the Midcats! They cannot be drawn with any nudity or intense gore, or you will be banned. If you are found to be mistreating your Midcats or using them to hurt others, all of your Midcats will be confiscated and will return to the forest for others to find. Their IDs will be reset as well and you will be banned.
- Read rules for forms carefully, as missed information can result in missing out on a Midcat.
- Do not trace this base nor claim this species as your own! I own the species of Midcats and will not tolerate others claiming to be the creator.
- Don't attempt to scam others or take Midcats that aren't yours. This will result in a permaban.
- Please don't double-post. Doing it once will result in being informed not to do it, but doing it twice will result in a warning.
- You must have been on the site for at least 1 month to be eligible to receive a Midcat.
- Lastly, have fun! I'm very careful with these because I've had several people try to claim these creatures as theirs before.

Midnight wrote:Psst, hey! Scroll down a bit, I'll take you exploring!
Last edited by Violetglare on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:10 am, edited 27 times in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Genetic Code

Postby Violetglare » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:12 pm

These genes are a little bit all over the place, but I hope to make them a bit easier to understand in the future!

Albino – AA, Aa, aa – Only shows with AA, overrides all other genes with white.

Colorpoint – CC, Cc, cc – CC, Cc = No visible Colorpoint, cc = Colorpoint

Tabby – TT, Tt, tt – TT = Full Tabby (varying types), Tt = Tabby legs/tail, tt = no tabby/solid color

Brown - BB - black, B + b = Bb - black carrying brown/chocolate, B + b1 = Bb1 - black carrying cinnamon, b + b = bb - brown (chocolate), b + b1 = bb1 - brown carrying cinnamon (chocolate carrying cinnamon), b1 + b1 = b1b1 (cinnamon)

Red – RR, Rr, rr – RR = Red (red-orange if tabby), Rr, rr = not present

Orange – OO, Oo, oo – OO = Orange, Oo = Tortishell, varying in coverage. oo = Not present

Gray – GG,Gg, gg – GG = Dark Gray, Gg = Gray, GsGs = Silver Gray, GdGd = Light Gray, gg = hidden

Silver/ smoke - II = (silver or smoke), Ii = (silver or smoke carrying non-silver or non-smoke), ii = (non-silver or non-smoke)

Dilute - D + D = DD - non-dilute (dense), D + d = Dd - non-dilute carrying dilute (dense carrying dilute), d + d = dd – dilute

White spotting - S+S=SS { 50-100% white (tuhite (tuxedo, harlequin, van)}, s+s=ss (0-1% white (no white)

Appaloosa – LPLP, LPlp, lplp | PATN1PATN1, PATN1Patn1, Patn1Patn1 | PATN2PATN2, PATN2Patn2, Patn2Patn2 | LPlp/PATN1 = Leopard Appy | LPLP/PATN1 = Few Spot Appy | LPlp/PATN2 = Blanket Appy | LPLP/PATN2 = Snowcap Appy
Last edited by Violetglare on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption/Explore

Explore!!

Here you can explore and find Midcats, Items, Potions, and other interesting loot! As of right now you can only find Midcats while exploring, but we'll have more soon!

Exploring The Forest (Newbie Level)
You can only enter this level if you do not have a Midcat! You are guaranteed to find a Midcat by exploring here. Finding a Midcat can take up to a week, so please be patient! Striked names mean the Midcat has been found!
This exploration is: Closed!
Slots:
1 - DovieCaba
2 - scribblefoxx
3 - ButterflyWolf2002
4 - emgeal
5 - BoringBread
Code: Select all
[b]I'd like to befriend my first Midcat!
Username & ID:[/b]

Hiking The Mountains (Beginner Level)
To explore this level you need to have at least 1 Midcat! Please link to the Midcat you are exploring with. Please keep in mind it can still take up to a week to find your Midcat, so patience is key! Here you only have a 75% chance of finding a Midcat, but a 15% chance that it has a physical mutation!
This Exploration is: Closed!

Slots:
1 - captainron
2 - Si1icon
3 - kijauni
4 - MireyaDC
5 - Maniacal_Ferret

Code: Select all
[b]My Midcat is lonely, and we'd like to Hike the Mountains![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]How many Midcats you have:[/b]
[b]Link to Midcat coming with you:[/b]

More Zones Coming soon!
Last edited by Violetglare on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:10 am, edited 37 times in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News

NEWS

March 3rd wrote: 5 slots open for explore!! I'll be opening the next level by next week.

March 1st wrote:Explore is open! Only 3 slots for now as I am the sole artist.
Last edited by Violetglare on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff/Bans & Warnings

STAFF

Violetglare - Owner & Artist/Archivist - They/Them & She/Her
NovaSolWolf - Guest Artist until Mar 17th

Last edited by Violetglare on Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Violetglare » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:14 pm

You may mark below this post! (:
Last edited by Violetglare on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Midcats (WIP) Open for marking!

Postby TheKiwiKat » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:34 pm

Mwuahaha first mark :3
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4920312
Join fog mountain Yukons! If you join and get your first Yukon, dm me and I’ll offer a free slot from one of my studs/mares to help boost your herd! :)
TheKiwiKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Midcats (WIP) Open for marking!

Postby Runnersback » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:35 pm

Mark!

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie