πŸ‰ Oh Drats! V3 πŸ€ *NEW* Ocean Litter

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: πŸ‰ Oh Drats! V2 πŸ€ *New Galaxy Litter!

Postby Black.Wings » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:21 am

Quick update! I’m hoping to catch up on updating bids today and getting the explores posted. I’ve been traveling with my family and totally lost track of the days! This litter will be extended until next Monday, possibly Tuesday. I’m setting up for the Halloween festival as well so keep an eye out for the pop up thread for that. Thank you all for your patience I appreciate it!
Art Shop
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lonely soul and the last to admit I need a hand to hold
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:03 am

Closing this Litter in 12hrs! Here are the standings currently!

Egg #1: $1USD worth for Daiphanous on Lioden
Egg #2: $1USD worth for Stormm on Lioden
Egg #3: $1.50USD worth for AngelicDemon on Lioden
Egg #4: $1.25USD worth for RandomCheese on FlightRising
Egg #5: $1.50USD worth for Stormm on Lioden
Egg #6: $2.50USD worth for Absinthe on Lioden
Art Shop
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lonely soul and the last to admit I need a hand to hold
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:44 am

+mi on #3 in c$ to where I am winning it please (kinda confusing with the other currencies and the Lionden link goes to an old thread, not the current bidding thread, just a heads up).
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:24 am

Friendlyseal wrote:+mi on #3 in c$ to where I am winning it please (kinda confusing with the other currencies and the Lionden link goes to an old thread, not the current bidding thread, just a heads up).

Thank you for letting me know! I’ll fix that right away, also I’ll update your bid now!
Art Shop
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:20 am

Last Call for The Galaxy litter! 1HR left, here are the standings:

Egg #1: $1.50USD worth for Friendlyseal on ChickenSmoothie
Egg #2: $2USD worth for Stormm on Lioden
Egg #3: $2USD worth for AngelicDemon on Lioden
Egg #4: $2.75USD worth for RandomCheese on FlightRising
Egg #5: $2.50USD worth for Stormm on Lioden
Egg #6: $2.50USD worth for Absinthe on Lioden
Last edited by Black.Wings on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art Shop
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:53 am

Is 20c$ on #1 more than the offer on Lioden? If not, I will bid 30.
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:56 am

Friendlyseal wrote:Is 20c$ on #1 more than the offer on Lioden? If not, I will bid 30.

20C$ on 1 will tie you, so I will put you down for 30C$!
Art Shop
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:36 am

I saw on Lioden that you are again changing when bids end, which feels like the goalposts keep moving and it is hard to stay up to date.

I feel like I have to check in on not just this but every other thread you have running on multiple sites with different info and different currencies, constantly trying to outbid others but not even knowing if I am being successful because I am not familiar with the other currencies? and because you changed the rules again to now be "12hrs from the last bid" but didn't update here, I wouldn't even have known. On Lioden the new rule isn't even on the current page.

As someone who doesn't use the other sites, it is very confusing. I wanted to get into this cool species but I feel like the cross posting thing to chicken smoothie isn't really working and I don't wanna have to be hyper vigilante across multiple sites I don't use trying to keep track.
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black.Wings » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:30 am

Friendlyseal wrote:I saw on Lioden that you are again changing when bids end, which feels like the goalposts keep moving and it is hard to stay up to date.

I feel like I have to check in on not just this but every other thread you have running on multiple sites with different info and different currencies, constantly trying to outbid others but not even knowing if I am being successful because I am not familiar with the other currencies? and because you changed the rules again to now be "12hrs from the last bid" but didn't update here, I wouldn't even have known. On Lioden the new rule isn't even on the current page.

As someone who doesn't use the other sites, it is very confusing. I wanted to get into this cool species but I feel like the cross posting thing to chicken smoothie isn't really working and I don't wanna have to be hyper vigilante across multiple sites I don't use trying to keep track.

Im just learning to run a cross posted species myself so your input is very valuable to me! Im going to end the bidding here as this litter has very much outstayed its welcome. You have won the egg if you're still interested.

I also understand the frustration with the other currencies, so from now on I will update all eggs across all websites with the current bid in that websites currency and the other websites currencies, that way users will know how much they need to bid in order to stay ahead. Example being: User A on Lioden bids 2GB, that is equal to $1USD, 20C$ or 115G/KT so User B can bid 30C$ to get ahead of User A. I will also update the Shop and Adopt threads with the other websites currencies so users will know how much $1USD is equal to which should help alleviate some confusion. Lastly I think I will make it mandatory to update bids by even amounts only, so $0.25(5C$,500SB, 25G/KT), $0.50, $0.75, $1, $2.25, $2.50etc.

Lastly, pushing the end dates/times further and further from when they were originally supposed to end is my way of preventing bid snipping at the last second. Nobody with a leading bid wants to head offline an hour before the litter ends just to come back and find someone has waited until the last second to outbid them. Its wrong and unfair. I thought I had this typed out as a rule but going back to look for it I seemed to have skipped it. Unfortunately theres not much I can do to prevent the constant checking up on the thread for bids due to the nature of having them cross posted.

Once again this is all a learning experience for me so any and all feedback, whether positive or negative, is much appreciated. Im also always open to any and all suggestions, or ways to improve the species, or user experience as a whole.
<3
Art Shop
Black.Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:51 am

Black.Wings wrote:
Friendlyseal wrote:I saw on Lioden that you are again changing when bids end, which feels like the goalposts keep moving and it is hard to stay up to date.

Im just learning to run a cross posted species myself so your input is very valuable to me! Im going to end the bidding here as this litter has very much outstayed its welcome. You have won the egg if you're still interested.

I also understand the frustration with the other currencies, so from now on I will update all eggs across all websites with the current bid in that websites currency and the other websites currencies, that way users will know how much they need to bid in order to stay ahead. Example being: User A on Lioden bids 2GB, that is equal to $1USD, 20C$ or 115G/KT so User B can bid 30C$ to get ahead of User A. I will also update the Shop and Adopt threads with the other websites currencies so users will know how much $1USD is equal to which should help alleviate some confusion. Lastly I think I will make it mandatory to update bids by even amounts only, so $0.25(5C$,500SB, 25G/KT), $0.50, $0.75, $1, $2.25, $2.50etc.

Lastly, pushing the end dates/times further and further from when they were originally supposed to end is my way of preventing bid snipping at the last second. Nobody with a leading bid wants to head offline an hour before the litter ends just to come back and find someone has waited until the last second to outbid them. Its wrong and unfair. I thought I had this typed out as a rule but going back to look for it I seemed to have skipped it. Unfortunately theres not much I can do to prevent the constant checking up on the thread for bids due to the nature of having them cross posted.

Once again this is all a learning experience for me so any and all feedback, whether positive or negative, is much appreciated. Im also always open to any and all suggestions, or ways to improve the species, or user experience as a whole.
<3

I just wanted to say thank you so much for having such a thoughtful response to the feedback I had provided earlier and taking it on board constructively, even offering ways to improve bidding in the future. I have autism so I struggle to word things often and I never know how things I say will be received.

I really love rats (I have 4 pet ratties!) and finding out about Drats was super awesome. They are such a cool species! I just wanted to provide some feedback in the hopes that the bidding process would be less confusing for everyone moving forward.

I definitely would still like to pay for my egg.
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me