Interest Check & Help wanted (Revamped first post)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Should I make a dedicated discord server for all Nekovie owners and future owners?

Yes
56%
No
22%
Make a DeviantArt Page dedicated to them
22%

Total votes : 9

Interest Check & Help wanted (Revamped first post)

Postby HopeRazgriz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 pm

It has been a while since I have been on this site and I want to get back into and I thought maybe this could be the way. I am going to throw this out there and see what everyone thinks. I'm going to get straight into the species basic info.

Basic Info on the Nekovie:
Nekovie are a demon cat species that have been around for several centuries. They are split into two different types; Risen and Fallen. These two types tend to stay away from each other. Risen Nekovie are the dominant race and are seen as direct descendants of their Godly Ancestors. Fallen are seen as they lesser race. Risen Nekovie believe that the Fallen are Nekovie who are not accepted by their Ancestors. Each race have their own specific
roles.

Purpose of the Lantern Tails
~ The lanterns that Nekovie hold with their tail are a part of them, The lantern holds the Nekovie's own soul within. The nekovie can never let go of their lantern. The lantern is literally a part of them. If a Nekovie's lantern is shattered and the soul escapes, the Nekovie passes away.
~ The lanterns and the little souls inside help the nekovie lead lost souls to where they need to go, allowing for the soul to either pass on, be consumed, or become a nekovie.
~ The Lanterns can take on any shape or form, the form of the lantern often takes the shape to match the personality of the Nekovie.

Purpose of the Masks
~Most ,if not all, Nekovie are born with a mask. The mask can never be taken off.
~If a Nekovie is born with a mask they can never take it off.
~Masks are considered sacred to both Fallen and Risen.

Species and Subspecies
There are two main Species of Nekovie. Risen and Fallen, these are the most common. There are many subspecies as well, but are far more uncommon. This is where those will be listed along with some info. This will include behaviors, diet and purpose.

Common - These are the most Common Nekovie that will be found.

Risen
~These are the ones who lead souls to the afterlife safely. They also consume souls, but only demonic souls and cleanse them. Their main diet consists of Fruits, Vegetables, and sometimes meat. They are usually calm and docile and very rarely exude any amount of anger.
~ Souls usually take on lighter colors.
~ Can Mutate into Owling. (Cause of Mutation unknown.)

Fallen
~ Fallen are the ones who lead souls astray and often consume them to gain more power. While they do tend to eat the souls they lead astray their main diet consists of various meats. They have a tendency to be very short tempered and possess higher gifts for dark magic.
~ Souls usually take on a darker color.
~ Fallen are the only ones more likely to mutate.
Mutation includes: Nightmare (See Nightmare for more info.)

Uncommon - These are a little harder to come by, but will be featured more often than not.

Maren - (Name subject to change)
~These are the ones that are found roaming the seas and islands. They are considered to be Davy Jones’ Soul Takers by humans. They have been mistaken for mermaids/mermen. Any soul lost at sea is found by these Maren and are either taken to “Davy Jones Locker”, Consumed, or freed to the Afterlife. Their diet consists of mainly Fish and other aquatic food sources.
~Souls will take on blues and greens, or the colors of corals.
~ While they do have lanterns it is the Maren’s song that leads humans to their death or lead their souls to be consumed. (much like a Siren Song.)
Maren are neither Fallen nor Risen.
~ Maren have fish-like tails.

Fae
~This breed of Nekovie are small and display characteristics of fairy like creatures. Their diet consists of fruits and vegetables. They are very friendly, but shy away from living people. They tend to the souls of forest animals and can be see tending to the lost soul of a human if they died in the forests.
~ Souls will take on Pastel colors.
~ Souls are usually take on the shapes of flowers.
~ Can be Fallen subspecies.

Wildlings
~Closely resemble large cats in size(I.E. Tigers, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, etc.). Main diet consists of meats. They do have a temper, but are considered main subspecies of Risen Nekovie.
~ They make their homes in savannahs and such. They tend to the souls of animals and humans alike.
~ Souls take on earthly colors and light colors.
~ Can be Fallen subspecies.

Rare - These are the species that are very hard to come by and are rarely spotted.

Nightmare
~Can be born naturally or from a mutated Fallen.
~Nightmare nekovie are very foul, they are very hostile, and very angry. They are nekovie that prefer their solitude and revel in it. They consume only souls as a source if their diet. They will purposely lead a human to their death in order to consume their soul and they can enter the nightmares of humans. Hence their name.
~Nightmare’s usually lose their mask.
~Souls take on one of three colors, Blood Red, Midnight Blue, and black.

Owling
~Can be born naturally or from a mutated Risen.
~They are pure and very quiet. They keep to themselves. They consume only pure or victim souls as a source of their diet. Victim souls meaning the souls of those lost in a great tragedy human or man-made. They too can make their way into human dreams, usually only the dreams of humans close to death. To let them pass peacefully in their sleep.
~Owlings usually lose their mask.
~ Souls take on one of three colors Rose gold, Sunset Yellow, White.

Maskless/Purelings
~Can only be born from a human soul. If born from a human soul all memory of their life as a human is forgotten. Never to be remembered, they never remember their loved ones, they forget their human name and all memories. Their diet consists of fruits, meats, and corrupted souls. (corrupted souls meaning any human that has done so much bad in their life there is no forgiveness for it.)
~Souls can take on more than one color.
~ Since they are born from a human soul they also include a mark either on their mask or forehead.

Merien
~ These are the same as Maren, the only difference is Merien are born to resemble more Mermaid like.
~ They have no back legs.
~ Merien can only be born from human souls lost at sea. (Same rules apply for their memory as well.)
~ They are restricted to the waters and cannot walk on land. Unless they find a way around that. (For example they live in a giant fish bowl with wheels.)
~ Souls can take on more than one color.

Ultra Rare - These are the ones that may only be seen during events, will most likely contain only Event Nekovie. (Event Nekovie will be based on Holidays or Staff Birthdays and will most likely be of the Rare variety nekovie subspecies.)

Breeding & Hatchlings
(please read everything in the spoiler)

~ Nekovie are born from eggs.
~ A Nekovie mating pair can only lay up to 3 eggs in their den. The Mother Nekovie never leaves the eggs, the Father is the one that will hunt and bring food to the Mother.
~ Incubation period is 2 months. (1 week our time.)
~ While in their eggs their lanterns have not taken a form for themselves.
~ Nekovie babies wrap themselves around their own souls while in the egg until they hatch.
~ The lantern forms after 1 week of hatching. (Nekovie babies will stay in the den with their souls wrapped in their tails, until the lantern has formed.) To determine how many the pair will have a random number will be generated from 1-3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to be looking for some feedback and 1 or 2 people who would be willing to help me set up shop since I have not set up a breedable shop on here before, so perhaps some who are already successful in running an adopt shop here.

Do not post harshly as these are still a work in progress and am well aware they could possibly still use a lot of work.
Last edited by HopeRazgriz on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Interest Check & Help wanted

Postby OriGalaxii » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 pm

I love the idea, and concept design! I might be able to help, but im not able to be online a whole lot often since my school work load is kinds heavy atm. I'll help in any way i can though!
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopeRazgriz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Lexxa_Astral wrote:I love the idea, and concept design! I might be able to help, but im not able to be online a whole lot often since my school work load is kinds heavy atm. I'll help in any way i can though!

Thank you~ I would definitely appreciate the help. There is a few more things I want to add to the concept art, but that was just the basic one for now. I'm also adding more to their lore.
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Oh my goodness. The lineart for these looks amazing already!

I would absolutely love to help you out! I can help with shop set up & coding, as I've had experience setting up my own shops over the years I've been on CS. If you'd like to see examples of my coding work, you can check out these shops I've owned: X X X

As for some feedback, may I suggest the idea of calling the Light Nekovie the Risen Nekovie? Then you'd have the Risen and the Fallen. But I understand if you chose to call them the Light and Fallen for a specific reason and want to stay away from any sort of "cliche" names.

Also, what use do they have for the lanterns on their tails? Are those used for a specific purpose? To lead souls astray or lead them to the afterlife, perhaps? And are they able to see in any way, since it looks like they don't have eyes? Or is the hole in their faces supposed to be an eye? Just a few questions that I thought of when I was reading through the info you provided.

I also have access to a template full of questions that may be able to help you flesh them out more. I got it from someone on deviantart, so if you want I can PM you the questionnaire.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness,
nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow,
without a little rain

🌈🌈☔🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopeRazgriz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm

rainbowpanda101 wrote:Also, what use do they have for the lanterns on their tails? Are those used for a specific purpose? To lead souls astray or lead them to the afterlife, perhaps? And are they able to see in any way, since it looks like they don't have eyes? Or is the hole in their faces supposed to be an eye? Just a few questions that I thought of when I was reading through the info you provided.

I also have access to a template full of questions that may be able to help you flesh them out more. I got it from someone on deviantart, so if you want I can PM you the questionnaire.

I actually just updated the first post again about the lanterns and some info on them and how some Nekovie are born. I do actually like the idea of calling the Light Nekovie Risen instead. It does flow better.
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:16 pm

I like this a lot! I'm an artist myself and maybe I can help out?
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopeRazgriz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:52 am

I definitely appreciate the interest.
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby majora. » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 am

oh gosh, this is really really cool. i'm an artist and i believe i'm okay with simple coding, so i could possibly help there. i'm more into the aesthetic of things though, so if that's not what you're looking for that's completely fine. i think i could help a bit with making some, if you're interested in art staff. here's an example of a small adopt post i have on a multi-shop thread; x, and here's like. one or two example of art. x x. it may be humanoid and whatnot, but i have done animals in the past. i'm sure i could do a few practices to get on with it, too!
majora.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby HopeRazgriz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:17 am

majora. wrote:
      oh gosh, this is really really cool. i'm an artist and i believe i'm okay with simple coding, so i could possibly help there. i'm more into the aesthetic of things though, so if that's not what you're looking for that's completely fine. i think i could help a bit with making some, if you're interested in art staff. here's an example of a small adopt post i have on a multi-shop thread; x, and here's like. one or two example of art. x x. it may be humanoid and whatnot, but i have done animals in the past. i'm sure i could do a few practices to get on with it, too!

I will more than likely definitely being looking for art staff at one point. I currently deciding on how I would accept applications for that at one point.

As for coding I'd like to see some more of your stuff on that. (coding is never my strong suit.)
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopeRazgriz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am

rainbowpanda101 wrote:I also have access to a template full of questions that may be able to help you flesh them out more. I got it from someone on deviantart, so if you want I can PM you the questionnaire.

I would love to have the link to the DA if you think it will definitely help.
HopeRazgriz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me