DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 am

17 days till code drop!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceflurry » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 am

Username: IceFlurry
Name of Character: Emberstone
Breed: No certain breed (NCB)
Species: Dragon
Any Rules?:
- May change name
- May change breed
- May not change gender
- May not change species
- Credit me for the design
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): Lines by ScarTheLion
Donatingyays

Username: IceFlurry
Name of Character: Eddy
Breed: No certain breed (NCB)
Species: Dog
Any Rules?:
- May change name
- May change breed
- May not change gender
- May not change species
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): Lines by Bugabee design by Dogedog
Donatingyays
Last edited by iceflurry on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 am

@Iceflurry - thank you!! I'll add your donations to the kennels <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | CODE DROP + open!

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Kennel Number: 62
Species and/or Breed: Lion
Use: Character in my story world
Name: Amhunet
Personality:
Wise and thoughtful, Amhunet draws on a lifetime of experience and hard lessons well learned. One of the hardest lessons she's learned is that keeping a calm exterior despite all the circumstances serves her far better then allowing her rather tumultuous temper to control her, or at least not allowing it to show on her face. She tends to internalize nearly everything she experiences including positive emotions. Sometimes she allows brief moments of affection towards others but though she may been enraged her face would never betray it and she'd never allow her emotions to affect her decisions, especially when her decision affects others.
History:
Skwali is a desert country made up of confederate cities strewn across endless sands and wind scraped flats. Countless nomads roam with no allegiances to any city.
Amhunet was born as one of these nomads and lived the as one the majority of her life.
One of the most ancient migrations traditionally taken by nearly every tribe, clan, and wandering family is to cross Contoran wastes to the Lleven shores which every year during the rainy season becomes the largest temporary oasis for about a month. To be able to reach the oasis in time the waste must be crossed during the peak of the windiest time of year which causes the wastes to be fraught with near constant dreadly sandstorms.
Amhunet was crossing with her family when she and her mate were caught in a sandstorm and separated from their clan.
After three days of aimless wandering her mate succumbed to the heat and Amhunet despaired, expecting to follow him quickly.
But as the day passed into night and she was still alive, Amhunet decided that she had no choice but to leave her fallen love and keep searching for water.
Eventually she found a plateau riddled with deep cool canyons that collected the rain in dank pools and as she explored further she found a small river cutting through the largest canyon, infested with less than friendly crocodiles.
Completely disoriented and having a steady source of food and water, she decided to stay in the canyons, but she wasn't alone for very long. She soon found that her new abode was one of the high plateaus that formed a large pass from the desert to the shore and the castoffs, the lost, and the unwanted often made their way to her 'new home'.
She gave aid to all who wanted it and a home to all who stayed. Eventually it grew from a few lost souls and to keep the enlarging colony under control Amhunet formed the Sisterhood, a core group, entirely female at first, but later on it was whoever simply wanted to make the canyons their home. Amhunet heads the Sisterhood and all within it answer to her.
Now Amhunet is dedicated to creating a refuge for the unwanted and orphans, it has become her purpose in life and she is determined to see it out until the end of her life.
Extra(s):
The Mother Of The Sisters
"I have found purpose again and I shall strive for it, until my feet no longer tread the dust of this earth and I am given wings to fly. Until the day I am reunited with my love."

The jewelry Amhunet wears are ancient heirlooms that where passed down from mother to daughter for generations. She has decided that the pieces will go on to whomever succeeds her as Head Sister.
hopesanddreams
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Kennel Number: 63
Species and/or Breed: lion
Name: Ayunni
Personality: Extremely guarded and somewhat cold towards others, it takes a long time for her to trust someone and even then she never fully places faith in them, not even Amhunet who she goes to for guidance and advice, though she does not always follow the older lioness's suggestions. Ayunni has a difficult time empathizing with others and while she is not selfish, her first instinct is to care for herself.
She has a very subtle way of dealing with others, often manipulating the other into thinking that what they're doing is for themselves but either directly or indirectly accomplishing Ayunni's goals. This often causes her to be accused as untrustworthy, but she rarely means any harm to those around her. Often she believes that those around her are less than capable of caring for themselves and through what might be considered twisted measures, she tries to make them do what she thinks best for them, usually without them realizing it.
History:
Slavery isn't legal in Skwali or in any of it's precincts, but indentured servents are and often children are indentured to pay off their parents debt. Ayunni was one of these children, along with her two elder brothers, used by their fathe to pay off his multiple and sizable debts. Ayunni was five at the time and would have been over seventy by the time she would be free to be her own person again. She grew up in the home of a harsh master, where she quickly learned that no one cared for her or the other young indentured servants so long as they did as they were told. She realized also realized that if she tried to adress a problem, even with one of the older servants working under her master, she would be ignored or even hindered in solving the issue. Thus began Ayunni's many years of learning to understand and manipulate those around her, until she could solve many of her problems with a few words in one ear or another, without anyone even realizing it was her goals they were fulfilling and she resigned herself to her fate.
Then abruptly her life changed again. Her master died and the indentured servants were sold off like furniture. Ayunni's new master turned out to be a traveling merchant, who, every year, traversed the Corvan wastes in order to gather the wild dates that grew on the Lleven shores. Ayunni and many others like her, were forced to go with him in order to harvest the dates. But what others considered a veritable death sentence, Ayunni saw an opportunity she thought would never come.
Three days into the desert trek she feigned a collapse and as she had hoped, the merchant had no use for an indisposed servant, so she was abandoned in the desert, free to make her way to a new city and a new life.
But only a few hours into her newfound freedom, Ayunni was caught in a sand storm. Now lost and completely disoriented, she wandered for days deeper and deeper into the desert, starving and dying of thirst, until she came crawling into the shade of a canyon.
There she was found by Amhunet and the first of the sisters. After spending some time with the small group of outcasts, runaways, and survivors, Ayunni decided to join them rather than venturing back out into the rest of Skwali for fear that she might be recognized and taken back into servitude.
Extra(s):
The Silver Tongued Sister
I lived long fulfilling the whims of others, forced to go where I did not want and to stay in places I despised. Now that I am free, I do not simply believe, but recognize as an undeniable truth that no thinking creature should be subjected to thrall of another under any circumstance.

All indentured sevents are required to have their faces veiled at all times, male and female.As such Ayunni grew up accostumed to others not being able to see her expressions and finds the idea rater upsetting, therfore even though she is no longer a servent, she continues to wear the garb of one.

hopesanddreams
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Kennel Number:67
Species and/or Breed: lion
Use: character in my story world
Name: Taneesha
Personality: Taneesha's young and talkative and enjoys being around others, but most of her relationships tend to be rather superficial as she rarely ever confides anything serious or even negative opinions and emotions to anyone. She thoroughly believes that in order to be accepted and loved by those around her, she needs to be as perfect and uncomplicated as she possibly can. This stuffing down of her emotions sometimes causes random outbursts as her feelings bubble over. She's really not certain of her place within the Sisterhood, but she feels a dedication to Amhunet and her 'Sisters', looking up to the others and admiring them as if they were her own family.
History: Taneesha was born as the only child to a wealthy older couple. As such, they treated her like a princess, giving her preference over everything in their lives and insisting that she have the best of everything. Taneesha grew up with this special treatment and didn't understand the scorn that her extended family had for her. But she didn't see them often as her parents tried to shield her from anything unpleasant or upsetting, trying to give her a perfect and worry-free life.
This changed abruptly as her elderly parents both succumbed to an illness and died within hours of each other, leaving Taneesha an orphan and totally unprepared to look after herself.
She barely even had time to breathe after her parents' deaths and burials before her extended family seized her inheritance and to keep her from ever trying to take it back her some of her uncles and older cousins drug her out into the desert and abandoned her.
But before even an hour had passed a group of nomads passed by and took pity on her, but they were travelling across the Wastes and it was clear that Taneesha was far too fragile to survive the crossing. So they took her to Amhunet and the Sisters, who welcomed her immediately.

Extra(s):
The Soft-Spoken Sister
"I don't know who I am, but I'm going to find out."

Taneesha's parents always ensured that she was lavishly dressed. Now, the clothes serve as a reminder of her parents's love for her rather than a status symbol.
hopesanddreams
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Kennel Number: 69
Use: character in my story world
Name: Najeela
Personality: Reserved and cunning in the ways of surviving the desert, Najeela's a desert warrior who's lived with death as a constant companion in the form of thirst, sandstorms, and bandits. This harsh life created a strong, intelligent, but emotionally distant creature. She was brought up to be physically strong and intensely loyal, as well as taught to follow a strict code of honor. She can be terrifically stubborn and cold, but despite that she's great at organization and communication.
History: Najeela was born into a clan of wandering warriors, who fought with whoever dared insult them and Najeela never knew any other life and never desired anything more.
But her wandering days came to an end after a brutal fight with a rival clan left her injured and seperated from her family.
She drug herself to the shelter of the plateau and eventually to the safety of the Sisterhood's camp. There her wounds were tended to and despite her immediate desire to leave and find her family, she was persuaded to wait until sandstorm season was over.
Two weeks passed when suddenly a few members of Najeela's clan came stumbling into camp, bloody and nearly dead. They told Najeela that after she'd been lost in the desert the clan had been attacked a second time and most of her family had been wiped out.
Enraged and blind with grief, Najeela disappeared into the desert swearing revenge and she wasn't seen for a month as she tracked down the rival clan.
Then she showed up late on evening, silent and hard, and she stayed with the Sisterhood and her surviving clan members; two male cousins and her mother.
Now she leads patrols with her cousins searching for any creatures lost in the desert and bringing them to the camp.
Extra(s):
The Warrior Sister
I am a warrior of the desert, I have spilled much blood onto the sand and one day my blood too will seep into the ground.

Najeela wears the traditional garb of her family clan, suitable for both desert travel and fighting. Her speartip is made of stone and the two feathers were shed by one of the Sisterhood's resident peacocks

hopesanddreams
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:13 am

Kennel Number: 71
Name: Divya
Personality: Sweet and oblivious, despite the harsh world around her. Always tries to help, to the extent of being underfoot and troublesome. Constantly trying to make friends with the crocodiles and anyone else who shows up. Terrified of the idea that there is a world outside of the desert and has totally rejected the idea of ever leaving the Sisterhood.
She tends to wander often and gets lost all the time, but never seems upset about being alone or even going without food and water for hours.
She's especially attatched to Taneesha, who takes much of the responsibility for looking out for her.
History: Divya was found wandering alone after a sandstorm, half-starved and tear-stained, crying for her parents. There was no trace ever found of her family or any larger group. Either they gave up the little girl as dead, or they were killed and buried in the sand.
After the few days of confusion and crying, Divya quickly warmed up to the Sisters and seemed to forget entirely about her traumatic experience. Now she's perfectly happy causing trouble and frustration around the camp, then wiggling out of it with her wining, sweet smile.
Extra(s):
The Little Sister
"I was just walking when I couldn't see my mother any more and I kept walking and looking for her and then Najeela found me and now I'm here

The ring of bells on Divya's tail is a traditional tactic used to keep track of children, especially ones who tend to wander.
hopesanddreams
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:44 am

13 days till code drop!