DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 am

@Iceflurry - 'use' is how you plan to use the character. Like, why do you want them? So they can be in a story? To get art of them? Just so they can be one of your characters? There can be many reasons. Looking at other forms is a good way to see examples.

Also, n/a just means that the character didn't have an age when they were donated, so you should decide on one!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceflurry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 am

Oh ok!
I'll edit the form.
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 am

Username: q1q2q3q4
Kennel Number: 41
Species and/or Breed: Lion

Use:
To add him to my vast and ever
growing collection of characters!
Just like most of my characters,
he'll be a part of many different
universes and stories, so he'll
get used well over time.
Art by q1q2q3q4
x
x
x

Setting: The Universe of Kalamar - Early War
(sci-fi universe)

Name:
Yukon

Personality:
Taken away from his family as a child, Yukon can be a bit cold and appear emotionless or emotionally unreactive. He creates a very detatched and stone-hearted feeling to those around him. Many pass him off as someone with little personality. Whilst Yukon appears rather detatched and unresponsive emotionally, he can and does have strong emotions and feelings. Yukon has the ability to cut off these feelings thanks to special training he received as he suffered great guilt at taking other's lives (this originally made him a rather bad warrior).

Yukon's personality has changed and developed over his lifetime.

Originally Yukon was an individual who expressed himself greatly. He's always been a bit of a dramatic and emotional character and this showed the greatest as a cub in his family setting. Yukon wasn't afraid to complain that he wasn't getting what he wanted and he would always make sure the whole pride knew he wasn't happy. He was never spoilt, but he just decided one day that he was special. From Early on Yukon decided that he would be amazing and do something great, although at the time he didn't have a clue what he actually wanted to do.

When Yukon was taken from his family by force, he was mortified. He became very scared and unsure and developed bad anxiety. He became very faded in expression and as he was taught to fight and kill as a warrior he became even more unresponsive. He still clung on to his original personality, but kept it hidden. He was still very connected with the world and would still react emotionally to certain events. Yukon then passed his training and was sent into his first battle where he first took an innocent life. This shattered him. He felt extremely guilty and he became even worse. At this time he was a mess and although a colder, darker side had begun to be forced out of him, you could easily see an emotional skeleton in him, his morals and values having been slowly torn off him.

Yukon then received special training to pit him on a more emotionless, ruthless killer track, as he was recognised for his great physical strength and valued for thus reason. This training, for the most part, worked really well. He left the training as a new man. He would never be the same again. At this point, Yukon had completely lost emotions and he was completely cold. He became a successful, ruthless warrior. If you were to see Yukon at this point, you could stare into his eyes and see the dead, emotionless expression. The only emotion he felt during thus time was anger.

Yukon stayed this way untill he became a general. He got a huge ego boost and his authority made him even more ruthless and cruel, however it also brought back some feelings. For the first time in years he felt a sence of accomplishment and belonging. He remembered his childhood dream of doing something amazing and he felt that he had accomplished that. He looked at his years of suffering as worthwhile and meaningful. For the first time ever he felt complete. He hid his emotions behind his cold, unattached face, but if you got to know him well at this time, it was obvious that Yukon was a happy man. A little on the insane side by then, but he was happy.

History:
Yukon's life began in a small lion pride located on a planet named Amos Leeu. Atmos Leeu was one of many terraformed planets created to host lifeforms of endangered or destroyed planets.
At a very young age, Yukon was taken from his loving family to be trained as a warrior to fight in a war. This war later became known as Kalamar's war, named after the warlord who started the war. Kalamar's war spread throughout the whole of their known universe and dragged many innocent lifeforms into the military forces belonging to two respective sides, Kalamar's side and everyone else.
Yukon was taken to serve on Kalamar's side. He started off slow, staying at the lowest and most ill-treated ranking for 3 Amos Leeu years (20 months per year) before he began to sky rocket. Within the space of weeks Yukon made it from the lowest ranking to the first middle-class ranking.
He stayed in this ranking for a while and then retired as a warrior and became a general. By this time he had owned a name for himself and he was nicknamed the Warrior's Shadow by lower ranks. This name caught on with other generals and even higher ranking individuals recognised this nickname as Yukon grew more popular. Yukon was even recognised by Kalamar.
Yukon made it to the highest ranking general before he retired altogether. By then he was filthy rich and one of Kalamar's most trusted individuals. He spends his days playing around with Kalamar's virtual reality simulators that were originally designed for training individuals for war, but Yukon tends to use it it to simulate all sorts of funny and stupid scenarios.

Notherround
Last edited by Raptocidic on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 am, edited 14 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm

just a notice that there's three days left till we close to judge forms for this round! All edits to your forms should be completed by then. If you don't think you'll finish your form in time, there will be another code drop next month.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Kennel Number: 17
Species and/or Breed: Hedgehog
Use: I would like to use him in my stories as a crewmember aboard a ship named the Lune Del Mar
Name: Herb
Personality: Cheerful, ready to help, a bit bumbly and prone to dropping and spilling things, but always apologetic and quick to clean up after himself. Gets frustrated with himself if he can't at least make a good effort at whateve he's doing
History: Like most every other young creature in my fictional land, Herb wanted to join the Navy, not only for the glory but for the adventure that the high seas promised. So, even though his family had been carpenters for generations, Herb's parents gave him their blessing to sign on and become a sailor, expecting him to return and learn the family trade after the four years were up.
But what Herb found was twice the amount of excitment he expected. Instead of the usual chasing after pirates anc smugglers, Herb's captain was embroiled with the very myths and legends their country was founded on, and their missiin was unendingly dedicated to seeking out and preserving the ancient pieces of long ago history, leading the Lune Del Mar on a chase around the world to unexplored, unmapped, and dangerous places. Throughout the dangers that Herb faces he forms a strong bond with his crewmates and a great sense of loyalty to his captain, causing him to stay in the Navy far longer than the promised few years.

Extra(s):
By me
Notherround
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Kennel Number:34
Species and/or Breed: weasel
Use: To use as a character in my stories, specifically as a crew member on a ship named The Lune Del Mar
Name: Rinette
Personality: Slightly hauty, has a difficult time agreeing with others but is quite a creative thinker. Prefers her own company, but doesn't mind a quiet dinner companion if they're willing to let her do the talking. Spent quite a few of her younger years being ignored and now refuses to ever let herself be trampled ever again.
History: Her family of candlemakers had hit some lean years when Rinette was born and as a consequence she grew up hungry, not just for food but for knowledge and attention. Once she was old enough she moved out and tried to make it on her own, despite her parents' warning that she'd only flop.
As she found her parents dire predictions coming true she decided to join the Navy rather than admit defeat and return home. She served on several differnt ships before being transferred to the Lune Del Mar, where she was treated like a part of the crew directly from the start rather than a disappointment or an outsider and despite the highly unusual dangers she faces, she'd rather be surrounded by those who care about her than trying to make i on her own again
Extra(s):

The first day aboard

Rinette stared at the small ship, bustling with activity, and felt her heart harden to a lump of lead in her chest.
It was better that way, she thought, as she tried to swallow past the tightness in her throat. The less she felt the better she would preform. The better she preformed the easier it would eventually be.
For like the new child at school, or a new worker amongst the experiance, a fresh face in an old crew was unwelcome, even in the Navy. Strangers were treated like foreigners.
If only that meant ignoring her.
She hesitated at the gangplank, trying to catch a glimpse of her new captain.
She'd had several before and she only found that although they never joined in the tormenting of green sailors, they were more than willing to turn a blind eye.

"Excuse me miss?"
A coyote wearing an officer's coat aproached her, wearing a lopsided smile "Now, would you be Miz Rinette?"

She straightened her spine and tighetned her face.
No smiles, no tears, those only encouraged them.
"Yes sir."

"Right then, I'm Galino," he held out his paws and dutifully she shook it.
"Afraid the captain's a bit busy at the moment so I'll show you where you'll bunk and brief you on your duties."
"Thank you sir."
She followed him through across the deck.
Either he put on a good front or he was one of the ones who was totally oblivious.
"You've served on several other ships, aye?"
"Yes sir," she directed her answer to his back "Three."
"So you'r familliar with how things work."
Oh, more then he realized.
"Yes sir," she said as they descended into a dark corridor.
"Good, then that should make things easy."
Oh no, she winced despite her best effort, here came her assignment and as the lowest rung on the ladder she was sure to have the worst job.

"You're a midshipman right? You can just slip in and start working, shouldn't have any problems," he stopped in front of a door and turned "Well, here's where you'll bunk. Lunch is in an hour and we shove off right after. See ya then!"
She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself as Galino disappeared.

Then with hands that she forced to keep from shaking she turned the knob and stepped inside the small cabin.

There were four bunks, two on each side, and three of them empty.
A young hedgehog shot to his feet with a grin as she entered.

"Hello! You must be Rinette! I'm Herb," he extended a paw "Looks like we'll be bunking together."

She studied his paw dubiously and he laughed.
"Don't worry, I haven't got any prickles there."
Still, she gripped gingerly as she shook his hand.

"You need any help unpacking?"

Oh no he didn't.
"I'm fine," she said tersly "Don't you have work to do?"
"Not right now, Cap'n said I could help you get settled."
Greeaat.
"I can handle myself, thank you."
"Okay, oh and you get the bottom bunk across from mine," he pointed "And by the way, lunch is in an hour."
"Yes, Mr. Galino told me."
"Great!" Herb collapsed back onto his bunk "If you need me I'll be right here."
She scowled to herself as he stared with undeniable interest while she unpacked, undoubtedly planning on which items to either take or purposely misplace.

"Hey, that's a nice candle."
She felt her stomach drop.
"But you know open flames aren't allowed on board, right?"
"Yes, I know," she gritted her teeth "It's personal."
"Personal?"
She glanced back into his bright eyes and wondered if maybe she'd misjudged him. He was probably the youngest and the newest crewmember, until she arrived.
He probably just hoped that the negative attention shifted from him to her.
"My family runs a candlemaking shop," she explained slowly, no harm in telling him that, right? "Just reminds me of home."
"Neat," he grinned "My father's a carpenter, made me this."
He held up a chisled star pendant strung around his neck.
"Very nice," she admitted grudgingly.
It was nice.
"Made it as a going away present when I first joined," Herb stood up with a stretch "Anyway we should head down to the mess."
"It hasn't been an hour yet," she pointed out sourly, thinking that the extra time could've easily been used for the first round of hazing.
"Yeah, but it's better to get there early, the food's hotter and they'll just start serving when you show up."
"Go on, I'm not finished unpacking my things."

"Okay, if you're sure, you can find it by yourself?"
"Yes," She wished he'd just leave "This isn't my first ship."
"See there then!"
He disappeared, his boots clomping on the wood.

She didn't have anything else to unpack, it was the only excuse she could drum up in the few seconds and she sat on the bunk, counting the minutes.
She let twenty pass then stood and began to slip through the halls, memorizing the new shadows, making them familiar, mapping them in her head. It would be imperative if she needed to tuck herself away from jeering crewmates.
Suddenly a heavy pair of boots pounded behind her and there was nowhere to duck into.
"Hiya! Rinette!"
She stomach flopped and she turned to see an otter in a captain's uniform and a misshapen brown hat.
"Yes...sir?"
"Hey, yeah, sorry about earlier," he grinned like a boy as he held out his paw "It's crazy trying to shove off. It is Rinette, isn't it?"
"Yes sir," she took his paw and he shook it, not too hard, but no weakling grip either.
"Yeah, oh you're off to eat, sorry for holding you up," he grinned and stepped back "Glad to have you on board."
She'd never seen someone smile that much at someone they'd just met.
Maybe she'd misjudged this ship and it's crew, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
She stepped into the mess and immediately Herb was waving her over to the seat he'd saved her.
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad at all she let a small smile touch her face as she sat next to the hedgehog.
Notherround
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bandergandi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 am

Username: Bandergandi
Kennel Number: #5
Species: Arctic Dragon
Breed: Dreamer Drake
Use: I'd like him to be one of my personal characters. I'll probably create a story for him, though.
Name: Dreamscape
Extra(s):

Notherround

Personality wrote:A semi-cheeky but chill dragon. He never fights with fire first, and will do anything to protect his friends. He knows how to fight, but would rather attack with talk.
He's also the semi-adventurer type, finding things he has never had a chance to see.

Backstory wrote: His mother was a pure Dreamer; she caught the dreams of the animal mortals in a different universe. Although, his father was a Dream Eater, known to eat the dreams of others and corrupt them with nightmares.
Once Dreamscape was born, he had a completely different name: Runes. His name was first this since he never had much of a chance to be a Dream Catcher or a Dream Eater. Once he was a bit older, his father tried to learn him everything there is to know about nightmares — although, it frightened the poor hatchling and he wanted to learn about being a Dream Catcher instead. His father was outraged at this, but calmed down, knowing that his mate was a Dream Catcher herself. But, it only got worse.
Dreamscape looked up to his mother more, since she taught him the way of the overworld, dreams, and peace. He never asked his father to becoming a Dream Eater. His father had enough and told his mother to come with him to the underworld. She did, but she left Dreamscape, saying that it's only a trip down there. But, she never returned.
Although, she found a way into the hatchling's dreams, telling him to leave the den, their home, and find his own home; to get far away from his father as far as possible. He did what he was told and set out into the world, passing different areas and territories home to many other kinds of dragons. But, once Dreamscape's father got word of this, he sought out to find him and end him. The last time Dreamscape ever saw his father was in a nightmare. His last words were "I will find you."
Last edited by Bandergandi on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
XxImage

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

wip

XXXXXXXXXXXXX✭✭✭XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Bandergandi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 am

found another old character design!

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Name of Character:
Breed:
Species:
Any Rules?:
- save the images after adopting!
- take good care of them
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): first piece - me
second piece - color by me, lines by peanutbutterrum
Donatingyays

edit - and a couple old characters i dug up.
extra art 1, lineart by phoenix1617, extra art!
Name of Character: Basil
Breed:
Species: Pip (open species)
Any Rules?:
- save the images after you adopt!
- take good care of them!
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): first image - art by me, lineart by gator vocals
all other art - by me
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Moon
Species: cat
Any Rules?:
- take good care of them <3
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): art by me, lineart by meveh
Donatingyays

extra art!
Name of Character: Maris Ratscurry
Breed:
Species: red panda
Any Rules?:
-Save the images after adopting!
- Take good care of them <3
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): first - by me, lineart by ~punkstache
second - by me
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Stormsong
Species: diamond tiger
Any Rules?:
- take good care of them <3
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): by me, lineart by winter & fireflii
Donatingyays

extra art 1, extra art 2
Name of Character: Karma
Species: canine
Any Rules?:
- take good care of her <3
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): design by saarebas
first image - color by me, lineart by Bellamy
second and third images by me
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am

About four hours before we close for judging! Finish editing any forms you want to be judged for this round!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceflurry » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:22 am

Ooh i'm ready!
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me