Articelus - Rainforest Dwellers

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Articelus - Rainforest Dwellers

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Welcome to the official thread of the Articelus. Now, what are Articelus? Articelus are night dwelling creatures from the rain forest. They are small, almost insignificant to the life of the forest. Unknown to few, and prey to even less, these secretive creatures have lived in the rain forests of the Caribbean region since before the natives, making them know the ways of the forest better than anyone, creating security, and the prospect of future generations.

This is Luminita, a rare albino Articelus, and the first to be discovered of the species.
Articelus are my original species, and as such, I am the only one allowed to make them. If I see anyone making some for, they will be reported for art theft.

About Articelus

Appearance

Small in size, Articelus appear to be a mix between hamsters and bats. Ears are large and round, making them capable of picking up the smallest of sounds, and their noses are leaf nosed, much like bats of the region, giving them amazing echo location abilities. Males range from 7 to 10 cm in size while females range from 5 to 7 and tend to weight from 10 to 25 grams. Like all bats, Articelus have narrower bones than most mammals, making their bones light, enabling their flight. Their wingspan helps in this however, seeing as how their wings are twice the size of the animal each.

Colors are far and many, however, they tend to keep a very earthy look to them, to blend with their surroundings. Their eyes are always black, or rather, almost always, as in rare cases have popped up of one of them having colored eyes. Their colors range from 3 to 5, never more or less. Certain mutations sometimes carry around on these creatures, giving them smaller ears, no wings, fuzzier coats, fuzzy tails, noses with no leaf indentations, and so on. These mutations, like the different eye colors, are rare occurrences, although maybe not as rare as the eyes changing from black to another color.

Their hind feet are large and clawed, enabling them to grasp to trees and leaves easily. Their front paws are clawed, and almost hand like, giving them the ability to grab whatever they are eating while hanging to the terrain with their hind paws. Their wings are bald and leathery, although on occasion they do have fur in them, giving them a look similar to their ears. This is not a mutation, but a common occurrence in the Artlus. Their bodies are compact, giving them a better chance at hiding and falling when followed by prey.

Footnote: Articelus are based mostly on dwarf hamsters, artibeus and Honduran white bats. Their references are not chibi, but showing how round in appearance and small they are, seeing as how they are 5 to 10 cm in size.

Diet

Herbivores, they eat anything in the forest they can find, from fruits, to leaves to even bark, although usually, this isn't the case, as there is normally enough to go around.

Behavior

They live their lives in colonies, usually ranging from 3 to 15 members. Uncomfortable if seen by other creatures, they tend to keep to themselves, sleeping underground until the night falls, which is when they come out to look for food and seek the company of others. Not territorial creatures, they can live side by side with another colony, and sometimes even swap members if mating occurs while they are in the same place. If they do meet with another colony, they may live above ground for a few days, but at the first sign of danger they will spread out, separating the colonies respectively and making them go back to the safety of their tunnels. Their sharp senses enable them to sense rain before it falls, giving them the opportunity of flying to the safety of the treetops where they will not drown from the floods that tend to plague the forest.

Mating

Unlike rodents, Articelus mate for life. They are short lived, and prefer to not spend their time looking for a mate every season. Once pregnant, the female will have a child at 2 weeks of gestation, and keep raising the baby and carrying him on her back or have him cling to her front for about 3 months. Once the three months are over, the young will be a part of the colony, and reach sexual maturity at 6 months of age, when it can choose to either search for a new colony or remain the one it already lives in. Usually, they will only leave if they have found a mate and the colony is overpopulated. They tend to mate three times a year, with a span of four months in between each mating season.

Aging

Males and females alike tend to live from 3 to 5 years. A venerable one may reach 6, but this is very unlikely.
Last edited by Tammanae on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Articelus - Rainforest Dwellers

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Existing Articelus and Their Owners

Tammanae's Articeli

Luminita
Female

Kamaliah's Articeli

Pogisa
Female
Tangi
Male
Thanh
Female
Tarun
Male

Tam's Articeli

Hathor
Male
Evenstar
Female
Lichen
Female
Kaijera
Female
Mikhail
Male
Mitso
Male

MixMatch94's Articeli

Harley
Male
Panya
Female
Grape
Female
Mango
Male
Mango
Male

Avenger's Articeli

Stratus
Male
Sap
Male

bouquetblu's Articeli

Alfie
Male

Gaiinawolf's Articeli

Shiirei
Female

Musical Snowflake's Articeli

Pluto
Male
Licorice
Female
Chocolatl
Male
Snitch
Male

Coy's Articeli

Vol
Male

.Arrow.'s Articeli

Teagan
Female
Rheic
Male
Cameron
Female

Benedict's Articeli

Militia
Male
Artillery
Female
Tartelon
Male

yumekaczorek's Articeli

Nubes
Female
Caecus
Male

Nearmagic's Articeli

Mouse
Female

Tennishinggledy1234's Articeli

Wuse
Female

CJ Shaw's Articeli

Aedan
Male
Tehya
Female
Brownie
Male

Ari'ssa-Chan's Articeli

Sayuri
Female

Elphie's Articeli

Hiccup
Male
Sylph
Female

Mirandamay's Articeli

Lucifer
Male

Lirrie's Articeli

Molly
Female
Last edited by Tammanae on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 am, edited 44 times in total.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:47 pm

Prices, Rules and Bids

Point System

I have seen around that many of these tend to run on point systems. I am afraid that most of my wishlist pets are exceedingly rare, so I will not be charging these for the articeli, however, if you wish to bid for one, the only kind of pet I accept are dogs. Now, how does the bidding work? You show me your bid, with links to the pet that you are offering on the bid, just to make sure that you have said pet, and I will add the amount to your bid. You may use only a certain amount of points that the pets give you, hence leaving you with points to use in another auction. ;3

When bidding, please let me know how many points of said pet you want to bid. You can only remove points from one of the pets you have in the bid to avoid people trying to make a savings account. X3

Prices

Store pets are currently not accepted as payment. I may put up a pricing for them in the future, but they will have a section of their own.

Wishlist

July 08 = 3 Autobuy

'08 Pets
July/August/Joker = 2 Autobuy
Very Rare = 300 Points
Rare = 200 Points
Uncommon = 60 Points

'09 Pets

Very Rare = 250 Points
Rare = 150 Points
Uncommon = 30 Points

'10 Pets

Very Rare = 200 Points
Rare = 100 Points
Uncommon = 20 Points

'11 Pets

Very Rare = 150 Points
Rare = 50 Points
Uncommon = 10 Points

Rules

Nobody likes em, but we all need them. First of all, you must be sure that you have the pets you are bidding. You must sent your winning bid to me withing a week. If the bid is not received by that time, I will not give you your articelus and in turn you will recieve a temporary ban. Where this to happen a second time, it would lead to a permanent ban. ;<

No mini-modding.

You cannot breed these guys. I may offer breeding later on, but I am the only one allowed to create them, this includes breeding. However, please remember that these guys mate for life. Once they mate with someone, you cannot mate with any other articelus.

You may not give these up for donation. If you bought them, they are yours. I am sorry, but the next person to have them may not understand that they are not to be bred or the qualities of the species, so I don't want them running rampage.

No using these as fursonas or as fursona mates, child, etc.

Once you bid, you may only up or withdraw. No lowering or switching to another pen is allowed, mostly to avoid confusion and chaos at people jumping all over the place trying to get the one with less bids as it isn't fair to the others bidding. This also means that you may only bid on one at a time, as to give others a chance to get one as well, seeing as how only three are released at a time. ;3

Any questions, feel free to ask. You may post art or stories you get of your articelus if you wish. ;D

Last, no drama, trolling, or spam.

Current Bids

Pen 1

Pen 2

Pen 3

Bank

Where Autobuys are reserved for further use.
Last edited by Tammanae on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am, edited 103 times in total.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Auction Pens

Auction ends on .

Pen 1

Pen 2

Pen 3
Last edited by Tammanae on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 am, edited 51 times in total.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Reserved
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm

<3 Such a cute species. You already know I love 'em. ;3 -snugs Pogi- <333
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tam » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm

These things are the cutest ever <33

I shall cherish my little boy for as long as I have him <33

♥ I don't know where you vanished to Blu, but wherever it is you're hiding, know that your Tam shall always love you and will be waiting here when you re-appear~ ♥

I apologize to anyone if any of my replies to anything are extremely late/overdue. I rarely come onto CS anymore unless it's to check my PM's, so if you want to contact me I'm always on my DeviantArt ♥
Tam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:24 pm

I am so glad you liked them. <3 Remember, they be tiny, so handle with care. X3
Tammanae