★ ɴιɢħт σf тħє ℓιvιɴɢ ριχєℓѕ ★ α ριχєℓ ∂σɢѕ єvєɴт ★ OVER

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

★ ɴιɢħт σf тħє ℓιvιɴɢ ριχєℓѕ ★ α ριχєℓ ∂σɢѕ єvєɴт ★ OVER

Postby Bison » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:08 pm

To continue enjoying all that Pixel Dogs (as well as PPPE, Teuthida, and Fat Cats) has to offer, head on over to Arcadia Isle and sign up!
Night of the Living Pixels is now over!

Before you looms a large and mysterious looking mansion, made up entirely of old, rotted wood and rusted red nails. Nothing about the place seems cozy and homey, and chills run up your spine as you gaze into the cracked glass windows. Something about this place disturbs you deeply, and a sense of dread looms over you that you just can't seem to shake away. Fear runs like ice through your veins, keeping you still in place. You try to run, to put as much distance between you and the frightening building as possible, but something compels you to walk ever closer, right up to the large, creaking door. . .

Welcome to Pixel Dog's second event, Night of the Living Pixels! NOTLP is actually our first holiday event, however, and as such will be rather small! There will be plenty of games and activities to keep all our fans happy and busy, although it won't be even half as big as Le Carnaval was. Beware, however, of a new occurrence! While wandering you may happen upon a stray pet, but you have been warned! Not every pet is what it seems.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our Loyal Minions
★ ShortAxel - Creator, owner, and artist.
★ Beebop - Co-owner and moderator.
★ Chry - Moderator and artist.

★ Yearofdragon - Artist
★ Moonstar10 - Artist
★ Roonie-Roe - Artist
★ Patches101 - Artist
★ Aesse - Artist
★ Ekio - Artist
★ Tae - Artist

If you agreed to be an artist and are not listed, or didn't agree and are, please PM Axel! She's forgetful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Credits
A lovely thank-you to Chry for the banners! The brushes she used can be found here!
Last edited by Bison on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tamu | Kipper | Yubari | Makhata | Dip | Ulysses | Kallie | Corona

I used to be "ShortAxel" and "Princess Celestia"
Avatar by Celozon. Sig photos by me. Sig art by riddlestyx and Joojoo.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Rules
Here at NOTLP, things are run almost exactly as they are at Pixel Dogs. But you have been warned, not everything is the same here!

★ Axel makes the rules here. Obey her and you'll do fine.
★ All CS forum rules apply.
★ Don't spam the thread with forms. Axel will post when a game is opened. It will not be announced on the front page. (Contests and premade sales, however, will.)
★ Don't spam the thread with questions or unrelated chat. A few off-topic comments or questions are fine, but keep it to a minimum.
★ We appreciate it when people bookmark us, but don't just leave comments that say "marking." That's spam, and I'm sure you have something more interesting to say!
★ Don't beg or bribe Axel into letting you win the games or get the best pets. The games are random, and randomness favors those who are polite and follow the rules.
★ It is YOUR responsibility to know the rules and FAQ. If you don't and are banned as a result, that's not our fault.
★ You can and will be blacklisted if you break the rules here. Your warning count is the same here as it is at PD. All warnings you get here will still count against you at PD.
★ The warning system applies here as well. It is your job to know it.
★ Removing the small text at the bottom of the forms disqualifies you for whatever activity you're trying to participate it. Its there so Axel can find your form.
★ Changing the color of the forms will disqualify you. They're color-coded for Axel's sake.
★ If you are adding pets to a bid you already placed, do NOT post a new form or link or anything like that; you will be disqualified and warned. If you've updated your bid, just post saying so. Axel will see it.
★ Each activity has additional rules for you to follow. Make sure to read those, too!

F.A.Q.

A lot of people have been asking these questions, so hopefully this will clear things up. Always make sure to check here before you post on the thread with a question!

Is participating in activities free?
The only activities that cost are the premade sales, everything else is 100% free.

Can my pet look like ____?
No, it cannot. All prize pets are created by the artists, and you may not choose how they look.

Do you need any more staff?
No, we don't. Axel recruited plenty of staff for the event in advance.

Want to be affiliates?
Thanks for the interest, but no. NOTPD is not a permanent thing, and is part of Pixel Dogs. Affiliate with PD instead.

I claimed that egg! Why isn't it mine?!
Because this thread is not run like PD; there is no "claiming".

If I won a pet today, can I keep playing games?
Of course! Even if you just won a pet from the very last game to be played, you're free to play everything.
However, if you've won a lot of pets or won from the very last game (while many others playing haven't), you might "sacrifice" your win to someone else (AKA Axel re-generates the random number).

What?! Blacklisted?! I want off!
Sorry, but its not happening. If you're blacklisted you can never get off.

This event isn't fair! I haven't gotten anything!
Actually, this event is very fair. It was designed with users who keep missing litters in mind. There are many chances to get pets, however nothing is guaranteed and you may end up with nothing.

If the event is so fair, how are winners chosen?
For games, Axel uses Random.org's Random Number Generator (except in the cases of speed games, as they are not random).
For contests, all are chosen by: preference, effort, creativity, and skill. Some are judged more harshly than others.
For premade sales, the "winner" is whoever posts the first form and sends the payment.

Is the winner of a game ever changed?
There are three cases where the winner of a game may be redrawn.
1] They've already won many pets (and Axel wants to give those with no/fewer pets a chance).
2] They've already won either one game today (and no other entrant has), today's last game, or yesterday's last game.
3] They've been recently very rude/broken rules/etc and Axel does not wish to reward their bad behavior.

Can artists and PD staff participate in the activities?
Of course they can! Everyone but Axel is welcome to play the games and purchase pets. Anyone can participate in contests, however artists cannot win their own creations.

Why can staff participate? Its not fair!
Because they spent hours upon hours of their time making this event happen. They deserve to have some fun, too.

Why hasn't my egg grown?!
Because while the event is happening, no one's eggs will be growing. Its enough work just running the games, and Axel doesn't need the added stress of remembering to grow things. Once the event ends, they'll grow.

The event is over! Why hasn't my middle-stage creature grown?!
There are three things that could have happened:
1] You got a PPS.
2] Photobucket isn't showing the adult for you yet.
3] Axel hasn't grown it yet.

PPS? What's that?
PPS is a rare disease that causes middle-stage adoptables (of any species) to never grow up. PPS pets can never be grown (even with injections), can never breed, and can't be given injections (their bodies are much more frail than a normal creature's). Sometimes they will have mutations or traits similar to those of adult dogs, but that's an even rarer outcome.

How do I know if my pet is PPS?
All PPS pets will have this symbol next to their gender sign: ∞

What?! Why did my PPS egg grow?!
Because there is no such thing as a PPS egg. All PPS pets stop growing at their second stage. Some have egg stages as well, but others don't.
Last edited by Bison on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The game of Bobbing for Apples isn't too popular today, but here at NOTLP we aim to change that! Our version of BoA is very different from your standard game, however. If you wish to purchase a unique pet, this is the place to come! All prices are final, and non-haggleable. Axel has priced everything herself, and all costs are CS Halloween candy, items, and pets. To purchase one of these elusive specimens, just be the first to post the form! If someone else has posted a form before you and has either been accepted or not yet answered by Axel, you WILL receive a warning. Always check!

Owned by ShortAxel, #30 - BOUGHT
Image Image
This poor little pair (male and female) was repo'd from their owner. Will you give them the love they deserve?

Price:

Custom by ShortAxel, #26 - BOUGHT Nin
Buying this slot earns you one custom Halloween-themed Aesse mane!

Price:
Image x5

Custom by ShortAxel, #27 - BOUGHT Chry
Buying this slot earns you one custom Halloween-themed Aesse longtail!

Price:
Image x7

Form
Code: Select all
[color=gray][b]I WANT TO BUY A PET![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pet Number:[/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]
[size=1]bobbingforapplez[/size][/color]

For a limited time, we have super special auctions! These are NOT first-come first-served! The highest bid will win! You must keep track of bids yourself, as there will be no list.

Created by Moonstar10, Demon #1 - WON Bae
A demon dog with a Halloween-exclusive edit!

Accepted payment:

Created by Moonstar10, Demon #2 - WON YOD

Accepted payment:

Created by Moonstar10, Demon #3 - WON Roonie

Accepted payment:

Created by Moonstar10, Demon #4 - OPEN FOR BIDS

Accepted payment: Must be a mix
Image Image Image

Form
[color=red][b]I WANT TO BID ON A PET![/b][/color][color=gray]
[b]Pet Number:[/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]
[b]Bid:[/b]
[size=1]biddingwarrawr[/size][/color]
Last edited by Bison on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ah, the classic joys of Trick or Treating! Nothing could excite a youngster more than the idea of a free bucket of candy earned for simply running around in a silly costume. Here at PD, we've put a twist on this well-known tradition! Trick or Treating here is quite simple. When the game is opened, you post a form. After it closes a random number generator is used to choose the winner or winners.

Form
[color=orange][b]I WANT TO TRICK OR TREAT![/b]
[size=1]tricksandtreatswootwoot![/size][/color]

Everyone loves a good game of trivia, right? Of course! Monster Mash is your daily dose of this fun game, and is, by far, our most popular!

Form
[color=green][b]I WANT TO MONSTER MASH![/b]
[b]Guess:[/b]
[size=1]mmmmonstermash[/size][/color]
Last edited by Bison on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The haunted house is a creepy place indeed, but makes for such a fun game! When its opened, a set number of people (who post their forms first), will win!

Form

[color=red][b]I WANT TO ENTER THE HAUNTED HOUSE![/b]
[size=1]hauntinginpixeldogsland[/size][/color]

When Pumpkin Carving opens, its all a game of skill! You must find a certain pet in Axel's CS pets (hints will be given in the announcement post), and the first to find the correct pet wins!

Form
[color=purple][b]I WANT TO CARVE A PUMPKIN![/b]
[b]Guess:[/b]
[size=1]carvinthedayaway[/size][/color]
Last edited by Bison on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:10 pm

As with every good Halloween party, NOTLP had to have a Costume Contest, of course! To win, one must make a costume that wows the judges! They could be judged on creativity or beauty, and sometimes even both!

ROUND ENDS ON OCTOBER 28TH.

Round Specifications
To enter, you must draw a picture from scratch (no linearts, bases, or help from others) of your own official Pixel Dogs creature (no lions) dressed up in their Halloween costume! If you do not own a Pixel Dog, you may draw any official PD creature owned by Axel or Beebop. You may not draw a creature belonging to anyone else!
For this round, there are two categories, Creativity and Beauty! Creativity is judged on how unique and original the costume is (i.e. no vampires or princesses will win), while Beauty is judged on how beautiful the costume is. You may enter up to three times total, but can enter both categories!

Prize
Creativity:
Image Image
Beauty:
Image Image
If Roonie enters and wins, she'll get a prize she didn't make.

Entries
Creativity: ENTRIES CLOSED
-3B- - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=80#p7354563
Moonstar10 - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=100#p7366755
Yearofdragon - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=310#p7414004
Skyebreeze - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=400#p7438620
Brisa - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=420#p7439294
Toadfoal - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=460#p7442095
Ekio - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&view=unread#p7445009

Beauty: ENTRIES CLOSED
Yearofdragon - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=320#p7419580
Toadfoal - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=440#p7440329
Patches101 - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=460#p7441310

Unknown:
SteffiDaBeagle - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303758&start=50#p7348964

Form
[color=brown][b]I WANT TO ENTER THE COSTUME CONTEST![/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]
[b]Who is the entry of?[/b]
[b]Category:[/b]
[size=1]itstimeforacostumecontest[/size][/color]
Last edited by Bison on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-----------------NOTLP Prizes-----------------

By ShortAxel
Image Image Image Image Image
iBrevity's Sighting ♀ / SweetCorgi's Pumpkin Pie ♀ / -3B-'s Unnamed / iBrevity's Phantasma ♂ / Roonie-Roe's Skullbane ♂
VampireKitty's Unnamed ♀ / iBrevity's Alma ♀ / iBrevity's Hugo ♂ / Tae's Unnamed / Tae's Unnamed
Image Image Image
Chry's Unnamed ♀ / Chry's Unnamed / Veggievampire's Unnamed

By Chry
Roonie-Roe's Toxic Dream ♀ / -3B-'s Unnamed / Ninjutsu's Unnamed / Veggievampire's Unnamed / Ninjutsu's Spice ♀
Image Image Image Image
Merryeaster's Unnamed / Azalea's Unnamed / SweetCorgi's Sunset ♀ / TheBigBlack's Lassie ♀

By Yearofdragon
iBrevity's Blight ♂ / Yearofdragon's Bonesey ♂ / Azalea's Chisora ♂ / Ekio's Arron ♂ / Toadfoal's Athena ♀
Image Image
Veggievampire's Ashe ♂ / Ekio's Ariela ♀

By Moonstar10
Chii-sai's Pooka ♀
Ekio's Typhon / DharSii's Immoratales ♂ / KeeDrake.'s Inubis ♂ /Skyebreeze's Unnamed / Theyru's Unnamed
Image Image Image Image
Bae's Unnamed / Yearofdragon's Unnamed / Roonie-Roe's Unnamed / DharSii's Pyre ♂

By Roonie-Roe
Roonie-Roe's Zoey ♀∞ / ShortAxel's Unnamed ♀∞ / SweetCorgi's Raven ♀ / мєяяуєαѕтєя's Snuggles ♀ / Yearofdragon's Unnamed ♂
Aesse's Unnamed ♂ / Jelli's Unnamed ♀ / Chry's Unnamed / Chry's Unnamed / Chry's Unnamed
Image Image Image Image
Moonstar10's Kisa Kabari ♀ / Ekio's Shaitan / Veggievampire's Thaorn ♀ / Chry's Unnamed and Unnamed ♂♀
Image Image Image
Tae's Unnamed ♂ / Toadfoal's Mirrikh ♂ / ShortAxel's Unnamed ♀
Image Image Image Image
Brisa's Unnamed / Brisa's Unnamed / Toadfoal's Deimos ♂ / Toadfoal's Violet ♀

By Patches101
Image Image
VampireKitty's Candy Corn ♀ / Chry's Unnamed

By Aesse
Image Image Image
Ekio's Unnamed ♂ / iBrevity's Auro ♀ / ShortAxel's Unnamed ♀

By Ekio
Image Image
Mintblossom's Metallic / ShortAxel's Unnamed ♀

By Tae
Image Image
Patches101's Unnamed / Ninjutsu's Coven ♂
Last edited by Bison on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 47 times in total.

Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ ɴιɢħт σf тħє ℓιvιɴɢ ριχєℓѕ ★ α ριχєℓ ∂σɢѕ єvєɴт ★ U/C

Reserved.

Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved.

Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Reserved.

Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me