♥ Shy Seals ♥ Hiatus

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Which event do you prefer?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Collecting items, no trading, no NPCs (Summer event)
47%
Collecting items, trading, tokens (Halloween event)
53%
Other (post in discussion thread/fanclub)
No votes

Total votes : 15

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Hiatus

Postby jesdar16 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm

ImageImageImage

What are Shy Seals?
Shy Seals are a type of seal that are very, very shy. They are rarely seen in the wild and are mostly comfortable with their own kind. Despite their initial shyness, they can form very strong bonds with their owners and are known to be very sweet once they are relaxed.

Rules
1. Do not use or steal the Shy Seal artwork, or claim it as your own. Do not edit or recolor the seals, or trace the art.
2. Please do not use Shy Seals anywhere other than Chicken Smoothie.
3. Please only take Shy Seals that belong to you.
4. Please follow all Chicken Smoothie rules.
5. Please do not whine or complain if you do not win a seal; all seals are raffled off via random number generator.
6. Please be kind to other members.
7. Please do not minimod.
8. Do not send in a staff application if the applications are closed.
9. Please PM me before trading a Shy Seal with someone else's. You must have their permission as well, and proof of it.
10. Please tell me if you have changed your username.
11. Do not double post your form! If you have to edit it, quote it and explain why. It will be seen.
12. Do not sell or raffle seals off for any currency. No auctioning, no trading for CS pets, no off-site trades with Shy Seals.
13. Please try not to "mark" your posts and reserve them; I will most likely not see it if you edit it. If you edit it long after you mark, the flow of forms will be off. (ex. all the forms are for litter 3, but the post is for litter 9). You can instead bookmark the thread to keep track of the adoption center that way. c:

News
- Litter 84 codedrop!
- Litter 85 up!
- Litter 86 up!

Credits
All people/websites that contributed to Shy Seals are listed here.
Cooltext.com - heading images
Glitter Graphics - dividers
jesdar16 - For creating the thread & linearts + running the center
Tiger_Eye - For the small horns trait lines
ixly - For the chicken crown and wattle, lemur tail, and dragon tail trait lines
castiel.winchester - For the closed wings, open wings, and bat wings trait lines
Respective artists for their litters and raffles

Affiliates
Do you want your adoptable's banner to be posted here? Do you want to affiliate with Shy Seals? Then PM me! Here is our banner:

Made by jesdar16
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/jesdar16/Shy%20Seals%20Banner_zpslmes87hr.png[/img][/url]

Made by sharky
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=97920403#p97920403][img]http://imgur.com/g5teECG.png[/img][/url]

Made by Lilly Your Bff
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927]
[IMG]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p378/victoria_eccles1/Mobile%20Uploads/imageedit_2_4425244446_zps6fvgfbug.gif[/IMG][/url]

Made by Artofmusic
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927][img]http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/pokemongator/Shy%20seal%20banner%20resize_zpsi35tp1sf.jpg[/img][/url]

Made by Artofmusic
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927][img]http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/pokemongator/Shy%20seal%20banner%202%20RESIZE_zpsrjwnwmnb.jpg[/img][/url]

Check out our wonderful affiliates!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageGumdrop CrittersImage
ImageImageImageImageImageLoveNumsImageImage
Last edited by jesdar16 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:50 am, edited 228 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Currency & Shop

Postby jesdar16 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Shy Seals really, really like fish. The currency here is Image. The shop takes fish, you must have at least the price of the item or more to buy something, there are no discounts, unless there are events going on in which there may be items discounted or limited-time event items. You can earn fish by sending me wishlist pets below, or by events. Please only send me wishlist pets, I do not need more than one pet (unless it is a hoard pet, or R+). Be sure to tell me that it is for fish, or else I will assume it is a gift!
The conversion list below will tell you how many fish your pet is worth.
Please calculate your pets' worth in fish! I will check to make sure you are not trying to get more fish, please do not lie!

You must calculate your own fish amount
and include at least one wishlist pet.

I have a huge wishlist so this should not be a problem.

Conversion:
Image = 1 Image
Image = 2 Image
Image = 2 Image
Image = 4 Image
Image = 6 Image
Image = 7 Image
Image = Infinite Image
C$ = 3 Image
Item: 1 Image
Any list pet: Infinite Image

Year Bonuses
2008-2009 = +5 Image
2010-2011 = +4 Image
2012-2013 = +3 Image
2014-2015 = +1 Image
2016+ = +0 Image

Special Deals
C$ Deal

I am currently searching for C$. Instead of the usual 3 fish per C$, you will receive 5 fish per C$. 2 C$ = 10 fish! Multiply the amount of C$ by 5 and that's the amount of fish.

Please include at least one wishlist pet in your trade. And also calculate your own fish amount, thank you!

**If you send me a pet on this list you will receive 100 Image plus the rarity and year bonuses! The pets on that list are my dreamies, and it's not complete, so if you get more fish than you originally thought you would, it's because you sent me a dreamy of mine! <3

Bank
Here all users who have fish will be listed here and the amount they have. Amounts will be deducted accordingly as the user purchases items.

jesdar16 - 0 Image
sharky - 844 Image
duckez - 18 Image
castiel.winchester - 112 Image
Tiger_Eye - 90 Image
BOOMchika - 13 Image
Lilly Your Bff - 108 Image
ruriko - 33 Image
Kawaiite - 20 Image
Moonstar - 11 Image
Wolfy858 - 28 Image
Artofmusic - 61 Image
TigerWoman - 2 Image
Darkest.Nation - 3 Image
Tigershark - 19 Image
TrixiePixie - 105 Image
Hiko Chan - 10 Image
kittycatleopard - 7 Image
AmberJewel - 3 Image
fuiuki - 116 Image
jellyeskimo - 1 Image
my demon side - 1 Image
Catskitten - 1 Image
FluffyBirdie - 1 Image
Imzadi83 - 19 Image
oreo770364 - 40 Image
Biscuit5224 - 2 Image
sienna77 - 142 Image
#Wolfdog - 81 Image
VibrantFeathers - 4 Image
Jhh3 - 1 Image
milatiger - 1 Image
leda. - 27 Image
budmisty0 - 10 Image
GreywarenX - 22 Image
Tim Buktu - 17 Image
MissFriday - 12 Image

Shop
At the shop, you can purchase items for your seals with your fish. There are two separate forms, one for buying items, one for using an item, please make sure you use them!
Certain items are used in breeding, some of them are decorative items.
(Prices of items are liable to change at any time.)

Decorative Items
Beach Ball (2 Image)
A cute little beach ball to put on your seal's nose. Can come in any color palette, please supply hex codes.

Collars (2 Image)
These cute collars come in any color! Please supply hex codes.

Balloons (2 Image)
Three different balloon shapes to choose from and they are tied around the tail. Can come in any color! Please supply hex codes. Shapes: Circle, star, heart

Halo (2 Image)
(suggested by Lilly Your Bff)
A cute little halo to float above your seal's head. Can come in any color, please supply hex codes!

Butterfly Friend (3 Image)
A butterfly friend for your seal! Please supply hex codes for color.This item can not be used in an aquarium.

Flower Crown (2 Image)
(suggested Lilly Your Bff)
A bright flower crown for your seal to wear! Please supply hex codes for flower color.

Contact Lenses (2 Image)
(Made by ixly)
A set of contact lenses that you can use to change your seal's eye color. Comes in any color, please supply hex codes.

Necklace (2 Image)
(made by ixly)
A nice oval-shaped necklace for your seal to wear. Comes in any color, please supply hex codes!

Hairstyles (3 Image)
(made by fuiuki)
Three different, custom-colorable hairstyles for your seals, sea lions, and walruses!
Styles: Long, bun, afro

Breeding Items
Love Potion (4 Image)
Needed to breed two Shy Seals together. (One time use. Once a Love Potion is applied to two seals, you cannot use it again.)

Cookie (2 Image)
Adds 1-2 more offspring to a breeding pair. One time use only.

Blue Dust (5 Image)
If sprinkled on a breeding pair, it guarantees at least one rare trait to be added to one offspring.

Adoption Token (4 Image)
Will allow the user to keep one more seal from their litter along with the original.

Aquarium
The aquarium is a very expansive decoration item that you can use for your seals. The aquarium itself is a mimic of the undersea world for your seals! The basic aquarium with no items has sand, a few seaweed, and one large rock.

Aquarium (6 Image)
The aquarium is the perfect place for your seals!

The aquarium also has items that you can buy separately, but these items can only be purchased if you own an aquarium, and they can not be used on a seal who is not in an aquarium.
Each item is custom-colorable and custom-placeable. You can choose what color and where you want the item to go in your aquarium.

Jellyfish Friend (2 Image)
A cute little jellyfish friend for your seal!

Fish Friend (2 Image)
These fish are poisonous to seals, so they became friends rather than food!

Rock (2 Image)
A small rock for your seal's aquarium.

Bubble (2 Image)
A small, indestructible bubble for your seal to play with!

These aquariums are recorded in their own post in the archives, so you can find your aquariums and other people's there. All seals are recorded in the archives, so you will be able to remove your seal from your aquarium if you wish, and leave it empty (base seal model will take the place of your seal)
You can buy as many items as you wish for your aquarium!

This is what an aquarium would look like:
Stripes's Aquarium
Here our lovely mascot Stripes is modeling an aquarium!

These items are special, so they have their own forms:
Form for buying an aquarium item:
[color=#0000FF]I want to buy an aquarium item![/color]
Username:
Item(s) wanted:
Total fish:

[color=#0000FF]I want to use an aquarium item![/color]
Username:
Seal to use (picture & name):
Where do you want to place the item? (if it is custom-placeable):

Store Seals
The shop will sometimes also sell seals! These seals are much rarer than the litter seals and more often than not have rare traits. Store seals are always rare, because they are harder to get than a litter seal! Store seals will not go up all the time, and once they are out of the store, they are out. They may come back during events as a one-time rerelease. You can buy as many of them as you want, but you must have enough fish to cover it!

Set Name: Autumn
Made By: Moonstar
Set Price: 9 Image per seal

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

Storage
All items owned by users are placed here under their name. It will also list whether the item is on a seal, and what seal it is.

castiel.winchester - 1 balloon (used on evening custom), 1 aquarium, 1 jellyfish friend, love potion; cookie; adoption token x2; blue dust, 2 shark pool floats, 1 white/yellow umbrella, 1 scuba gear, 1 crab friend, 1 arm float set, 2 seashell collections, 2 jellyfish plushes, 2 plain towels, 1 clownfish plush, 2 swimsuits, 2 surfboards, 1 striped towel, 3 buckets & shovels, 1 boogie board, 1 starfish friend, 7 candy items
Lilly Your Bff - 1 halo (used on Lilly), 1 flower crown (used on Love Ya), 1 butterfly friend, 1 surfboard, 1 clownfish plush, 1 shark pool float, 2 swimsuits, 1 striped towel, 2 bordered towels, 1 jellyfish plush, 2 body floats, 1 turtle plush, 1 boogie board, 1 seahorse plush, 1 crab friend, 1 bucket & shovel, 2 arm float sets, 1 white/yellow umbrella, 2 scuba gear sets, 1 plain towel, 1 contact lenses, 1 cowboy costume, 1 witch costume, 1 ghost friend, 8 candy items, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
duckez - 1 flower crown (used on Breeze), 1 bucket & shovel (used on Castle), 2 plain towels, 1 striped towel, 2 bordered towels, 3 shark pool floats, 3 clownfish plushes (1 used on Sunburst), 2 arm float sets, 2 jellyfish plushes (1 used on Priscella), 2 duck floats (1 used on Bright), 2 red/white umbrellas (used on Gracie and Kiki), 1 white/yellow umbrella, 2 scuba gear sets (1 used on Ocean Breeze), 1 starfish friend (used on Lina), 3 swimsuits (2 used on Sadella and Rayelle), 1 boogie board (used on Greenwood), 1 seahorse plush (used on Savannah), 2 pirate costumes, 1 superhero costume, 2 devil staffs, 1 black cat, 1 kitty, 1 pumpkin 1, 1 cat pumpkin basket, 1 princess costume, 1 ghost friend, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
Wolfy858 - 2 love potions, 2 cookies
Moonstar - 1 necklace, 1 heart balloon, 1 scuba gear (used on Patchy), 2 shark pool floats (1 used on Poly), 2 swimsuits, 1 jellyfish plush, 1 crab friend, 1 striped towel, 1 surfboard, 1 turtle plush, 1 ghost friend, 1 devil staff, 1 black cat, 1 witch costume, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
jellyeskimo - 2 surfboards, 1 scuba gear, 1 plain towel, 1 jellyfish plush, 1 ghost friend, 1 cowboy costume, 1 princess costume, 1 ghost friend, 1 cowboy costume, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 snowman item
spark. - 1 scuba gear, 1 striped towel, 2 swimsuits, 1 bucket & shovel, 1 arm float set, 1 clownfish plush, 1 bordered towel, 1 jellyfish plush, 1 seahorse plush, 1 plain towel, 1 duck float, 1 boogie board, 1 starfish friend, 1 seashell collection, 1 white/yellow umbrella, 1 surfboard, 1 crab friend
Kawaiite - 1 jellyfish plush, 1 arm float set, 1 body float, 1 swimsuit, 1 shark pool float, 1 clownfish plush, 1 love potion, 1 adoption token, 1 blue dust
ixly - 2 swimsuits, 2 seahorse plushes, 3 surfboards, 1 red/white umbrella, 2 arm float sets, 2 turtle plushes, 1 crab friend, 1 shark pool float, 1 duck float, 1 starfish friend, 1 ghost friend, 1 superhero costume, 1 cowboy costume, 1 kitty, 1 witch costume, 1 princess costume, 1 cowboy costume, 1 black cat, 1 superhero costume, 6 candy items, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
Tiger_Eye - 2 plain towels, 1 bordered towel, 2 turtle plushes, 1 yellow/white umbrella, 2 shark pool floats, 3 clownfish plushes, 1 blue/white umbrella, 1 surfboard, 1 scuba gear, 2 crab friends, 1 jellyfish plush, 3 boogie boards, 1 arm float set, 1 starfish friend
TigerWoman - 1 swimsuit, 2 crab friends, 1 jellyfish plush, 1 arm float set, 1 shark pool float, 1 surfboard, 2 seashell collections, 1 boogie board, 1 clownfish plush, 1 bordered towel, 2 striped towels
Darkest.Nation - 1 arm float set, 1 boogie board, 1 striped towel
BOOMchika - 1 turtle plush, 1 scuba gear, 1 swimsuit
TrixiePixie - 1 beach ball (used on Bobo), 1 collar (used on Neonitta), 1 balloon (used on Webb), 1 halo, 1 butterfly friend, 1 flower crown, 1 contact lense, 1 necklace, 1 aquarium, 1 jellyfish friend, 1 fish friend, 1 rock, 1 bubble (all aquarium items used on Cheshire), 2 ghost friends (used on Frankie and Webb), 1 pirate costume (used on Goldy), 1 princess costume (used on Ariel), 1 devil staff, 1 black cat, 2 gravestones (used on Frankie and Vladd), 1 superhero costume, 1 kitty (used on Kitty), 1 witch costume, 1 jack o' lantern (used on Webb), 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
my demon side - 1 pirate costume, 2 ghost friends, 1 devil staff, 7 candy items
FluffyBirdie - 1 princess costume, 1 ghost friend, 1 devil staff, 1 witch costume, 1 kitty, 1 pumpkin basket, 2 candy items, 1 black cat, 1 gravestone, 1 devil staff, 1 pirate costume, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
Catskitten - 1 kitty, 1 devil staff, 1 pirate costume, 1 black cat, 1 superhero costume, 1 pumpkin 1, 1 cowboy costume, 1 princess costume, 1 ghost friend, 1 jack o' lantern, 8 candy items, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
Imzadi83 - 1 princess costume (used on Violet), 1 ghost friend, 1 witch costume, 1 pumpkin basket, 1 jack o' lantern, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
fuiuki - 2 ghost friends, 14 candy items, 1 gem item, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
my demon side - 1 black cat, 1 witch hat 2, 1 superhero costume, 1 kitty
sienna77 - love potion, blue dust, cookie, adoption token, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
iamloyalllama - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 snowman item
_Wolfgirl_ - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
YOLOgirl4233 - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake
Jhh3 - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
milatiger - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 balloon
cherry blossom. - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
VibrantFeathers - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh
SarahAnimalLuvr - 1 rudolph nose and antler set, 1 big candy cane, 1 candle, 1 calendar, 1 holly item, 1 snowman item, 1 empty sleigh, 1 present sleigh, 1 sack sleigh, 1 present item, 1 fruitcake

Form for buying an item:
[size=150][color=#0000FF]I want to buy an item![/color][/size]
Username:
Item(s) wanted:
Total fish:

Form for using an item:
[size=150][color=#0000FF]I want to use an item![/color][/size]
Username:
Item to use:
Seal that item is to go on (picture & name):

Form for buying a store seal:
[color=#0000FF]I want to buy a store seal![/color]
Username:
Seal wanted:
Total fish:
Seal's name:
Last edited by jesdar16 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am, edited 215 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Rarity

Postby jesdar16 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Sometimes, seals can be born with special traits that make them different from the average seal. Some traits are more common than others, and some are extremely rare! Our scientists are always discovering new traits, keep an eye out on this page!

Species
There are two species that can be found here at the Shy Seals Adoption Center: Seal and Sea Lion! Each one will have its own unique traits and traits that are shared among both.

Seal
The seal, with fish-like flippers and tail, is perfectly designed for swimming. Its muzzle tapers to a soft point and it is a very strong swimmer. They enjoy leaping and diving for fish in the ocean and have thick blubber to protect against the cold.

Sea Lion
Sea lions are very vocal. They have very strong flippers and rotatable hind flippers that allow them to waddle more comfortably and easily on land than a seal can. They have visible ear flaps and the same thick blubber that a seal has.

Walrus
Walruses are well known for their distinctive tusks, which are used to battle for females and protect themselves. They also have very thick blubber which protects them from the cold. Their blubber is very wrinkly. They are social animals and sit in "walrus piles" to keep warm and socialize.

Shy Seals can be born with various traits, some of which are rarer than others. This list is a list of all various traits that Shy Seals can have and how rare they are. New traits are being discovered all the time!
(Small horns courtesy of Tiger_Eye)
(The traits look much better on seals than in the gifs)

Common
These traits will regularly appear in Shy Seal litters and events.
Image Opened Eye + Basic Tail
Image Closed Eye
Image Antenna
Image Small Horns
Image Devil Horns
Image Cat Ears
Image Pointed Dog Ears
Image Snake Tongue
Image Chicken Crown & Wattle
Image Pointy Flippers
Image Dolphin Nose
Image Curved Tusks (walrus only)
Image Spiral Tusks (walrus only)

Uncommon
These traits will occasionally appear in Shy Seal litters and events.
Image Dragon Spikes
Image Snake Tail
Image Whale Tail
Image Tufted Tail
Image Mermaid Tail
Image Closed Wings
Image Cat Tail
Image Pointed Bunny Ears
Image Floppy Bunny Ears
Image Deer Antlers
Image Lemur Tail

Rare
These traits will rarely appear in Shy Seal litters and events. If you see one, be sure to grab it!
Image Chibi Wings
Image Fish Fins
Image Unicorn Horn
Image Butterfly Wings
Image Wisp Tail
Image Bat Wings
Image Open Wings
Image Dragon Tail

UR
Sometimes, Shy Seals can be born with a defect that makes them a lot smaller than they should be, and they're a bit chubbier. These seals are extremely rare and cannot be found in litters. They will rarely appear in events. The seal, known as a UR Seal, cannot be ordered in customs and cannot be found in litters.
(Note: "UR" in SS does not mean "unreleased" it actually means "ultra rare"!)
Last edited by jesdar16 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am, edited 16 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Breeding

Postby jesdar16 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:28 pm

You can breed your Shy Seals here! You are allowed to breed with another person's Shy Seal as long as you have their permission, and you have proof of the agreement. If there are two owners involved, both must have a Love Potion. A Love Potion is needed to breed two seals together. The offspring is usually going to be about 3 if there are no cookies involved in the breeding.
Owners of the parents get first pick of the offspring, and the rest are put up for adoption. An owner of one of the parents (or both) can take one more seal from the litter if they have an adoption token. If the owner(s) have blue dust, one of the offspring will have a rare trait. (Rare traits are rarely passed down from parents with rare traits)
The offspring will share the colors, patterns, and traits of the parents.
Parents have a 30 day cooldown between breedings! You cannot breed a seal if you have already bred it in the past 30 days.
There are three dens available as of now for breeding. If they are full, then breeding is closed.
(Yes, you can breed two of your own customs, and you can breed free seals. But there must be at least one litter or custom seal, you cannot breed two free seals together) The seals cannot be in the same litter, either.

Seals and sea lions cannot be bred together!

Breeding litters get put up immediately after completion if there aren't already two litters up. This is to help put activity into the adoptables by putting up new litters in the middle of a current one, and it also opens up the breeding slots faster.

Breedings are
OPEN

Please purchase your breeding items prior to requesting the breeding, thank you!

Breeding Rules
- The seals you are breeding cannot be related, no same-litter breedings, no 2nd gens with parent seals
- No cross-species breeding
- Maximum of 1 of each breeding item per breeding, with the exception of the adoption token, which is 2.
- If 2 different people own the parents: 1 adoption token each, to prevent oversized litters
- If there are 2 different owners, please provide proof of the agreement and who is paying for what

Den 1
I want to breed two Shy Seals!
Username: Imzadi83
Seal 1 : Hallow Image
Seal 2: Beeper Image
Items: Cookie, Blue Dust
Do you have permission to use a seal if it is not yours?: They are both mine (one is a freebie)

Claimed: jesdar16

Den 2
I want to breed two Shy Seals!
Username: sienna77 and ✩ Moonstar ✩
Seal 1 (image & name): Devilish
Seal 2 (image & name): Libra
Items (if any, other than the love potion): we each have our own love potion to use and I would like to use my cookie and adoption token please
Do you have permission to use a seal if it is not yours? (And proof): we discussed it through messaging, I will have them quote this post with their approval for proof.

Den 3

Form for breeding two seals:
[size=150][color=#0000FF]I want to breed two Shy Seals![/color][/size]
Username:
Seal 1 (image & name):
Seal 2 (image & name):
Items (if any, other than the love potion):
Do you have permission to use a seal if it is not yours? (And proof):
Last edited by jesdar16 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 51 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Adoption

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:04 am

Welcome to the adoption center! Here you can find the current litter of Shy Seals up for adoption. There can be more than one litter available at one time, so be sure to check back often!
All litters are raffled off (random number generator)
Please do not whine or cry if you do not win, I do not choose the winners!
You are only allowed one seal per litter, unless otherwise stated.
Most litters are up for 4-7 days before they are codedropped.

(reserved for) means the seal was claimed in advance. It usually is a small artist custom with a litter or a breeding where the owner(s) of the parent seals chose theirs in advance. Please do not apply for a seal already claimed, your form will not count!

Litter #85
Litter Name: Hashtags
Made By: fuiuki
Codeword: Hashtags
End Date: January 20th

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

Litter #86
Litter Name: Four-Legged Furry Friends
Made By: Moonstar
Codeword: Waggy Tails
End Date: January 22nd

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

5. Image

Please fill in these forms COMPLETELY before posting. If one field is incomplete, you will be told so and your form will not be counted until you fix it.
The codeword will be posted inside the litter's quote box. It is case sensitive.

Litter Form
[color=#0000FF]I want to adopt a Shy Seal![/color]
Username:
Litter #:
Seal #:
Seal's Name:
Codeword:
Other: Thank you!

Raffle Form
[color=#0000FF]I want to adopt a Shy Seal![/color]
Username:
Raffle #:
Seal's Name:
Codeword:
Other: Thank you!

The username and seal's name are used for archiving purposes. Both are needed in the form, please fill them out.

Freebies
These seals are free to use! Some may be limited-time, so be sure to grab those!

Made by sharky
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i.imgur.com/GXPsJko.gif[/img][/url]

Made by BOOMchika
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/jesdar16/Freebie%202_zpsjqz1zmeb.png[/img][/url]

Made by melanie
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i.imgur.com/M4kdZow.png[/img][/url]

Made by Wolfy858
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/b64f2aa1-2117-11e6-8521-f590b8fcc2a0.gif[/img][/url]

100 Pages Celebration
Made by jesdar16
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/jesdar16/100%20Pages%20Celebration_zpsoimaza5w.png[/img][/url]

Made by Lilly Your Bff
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah20/Loreleiislonley/Mobile%20Uploads/imageedit_1_9673279114_zpshkrxwvg0.gif[/img][/url]

Made by AmberJewel
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]https://s17.postimg.io/wk8rpkfz3/shysealbase2_by_cloudthehorse_da0cgit.png[/img][/url]

200 Pages Celebration
Made by jesdar16
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3032927#p97920403][img]http://i.imgur.com/UrjjPSF.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by jesdar16 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am, edited 354 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Shelter

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:12 am

Here at the shelter, we place all homeless seals that either weren't adopted when their litter was up, given up by their owners, or were confiscated from banned members. These seals are first come first serve!
You cannot own a seal already in the litter
Check here often, these poor seals need a home!

Shelter

Form for adopting a shelter seal:
[color=#0000FF]I want to adopt from the shelter![/color]
Username:
Seal wanted (image please):
Seal's name:

Form for giving up a seal:
[color=#0000FF]I want to give up my seal![/color]
Username:
Seal giving up (image please):
Why?
Last edited by jesdar16 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:59 am, edited 38 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Customs

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:21 am

Here you can order your own custom seal.
Please only send in a form if you see that there is a slot open, it will take some time to be done as the artists and I also have to do the litters. Do not rush us when we are making your custom. It will be codedropped to you in PM and added to the archives when completed.

Customs are
OPEN

Here are some basic rules when ordering customs:
1. Please nothing extremely complicated or confusing, the lines are only so big
2. Very clear descriptions or references
3. Try to avoid asking for customs with modifications outside the lineart
4. No traits that will overlap, ex. 2 different tails

Prices
Basic Custom: 3 Image
Uncommon traits: 2 Image per trait
Rare traits: 5 Image per trait

The basic custom price is included along with the other prices per trait.
For example, a seal with a snake tail and chibi wings would be 3 + 2 + 5 = 10. Base price, 2 fish for the snake tail and 5 for the chibi wings.

Slots
Slot 1
I want a custom Shy Seal!
Username: Jhh3
Common traits: opened eye + basic tail
Uncommon traits: none
Rare traits: none
Total fish: 3
Seal's name: Beam
Specific description of the seal or reference image:colors and design not the bridge or people, just the sunset, mountains, waves...colors mostly. Sorry if I'm being too specific.
Hex codes for color:??? Sorry, can't get those.
Species: Seal

Slot 2[/size]

Slot 3

Form for ordering a custom seal:
(please do not choose traits that will overlap each other, ex. whale tail and snake tail)
[color=#0000FF]I want a custom Shy Seal![/color]
Username:
Common traits:
Uncommon traits:
Rare traits:
Total fish:
Seal's name:
Specific description of the seal or reference image:
Hex codes for color:
Species:
Last edited by jesdar16 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 62 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Staffing

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 am

All of the staff members of Shy Seals help out with moderating the thread, creating litter and custom seals, generating ideas, and helping host events.

Current Staff Members
Owner
jesdar16
Owner - Artist - Moderator
Hey! I'm jesdar16, owner and maintainer of Shy Seals. I'm an animal fanatic, and seals are my favorite sea animal! Don't be afraid to talk to me or ask questions about CS or the adoption center, I'm here to help!

Artists
BOOMchika

Tiger_Eye

aelin

Moonstar

fuiuki

Moderators
Lilly Howlter

River_

aelin

Staff get paid a certain amount of fish per seal they make/days they moderate:
Salary
Artists
Litter seal: 2 Image per seal
Custom seal: As many Image as the custom cost

At the end of the month, if an artist wishes to get paid for their efforts, they must link to the archive pages of all the litters & raffles they've completed for the month and tell me how much each fish they've earned using the rates above.

Moderators
50 Image per month

Yes, all staff have to pay fish to breed their seals and get items, but they are allowed to create their own customs for free. These customs do not count towards their custom salary, though!
These are the requirements that staff should be able to do:
Requirements
Artists
- Create at least one litter every few weeks, must create at least 2 per month.
- Contribute litter/event ideas
- Must be familiar with layering to use different traits on the seals
- Occasionally moderate the thread if needed
- Willing to claim any custom if it is left hanging
- Occasionally make a freebie or two
- Are not allowed to make only customs for themselves and not make any litters!

Moderators
- Answer questions on the thread
- Correct rule breakers, give explanations why
- Be polite and kind
- Contribute ideas

There are certain rules that staff must follow, particularly artists:
Staff Rules
- Must always be polite and kind to members
- If you are making a litter, please have all the seals in it be related somehow:
Same theme, same pattern, same color palette, ex, no spontaneous seals in litters
- If you are making a themed litter, please do not base it off of books or movies

ONLY SEND IN A STAFF APPLICATION IF THE APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN.
Artist applications: OPEN
Moderator applications: CLOSED

You must PM the form to jesdar16 for your form to be valid. Anywhere else will have you disqualified.
Form for an artist application:
[color=#0000FF]I want to apply for artist![/color]
Username:
Do you have any art examples (digital) 1-3:
What art program do you use?
How often do you think you can create litters/customs/freebies?
Why do you want to be an artist?
Any questions?

Form for moderator:
[color=#0000FF]I want to apply for moderator![/color]
Username:
Experience? (other threads you've managed)
Are you willing to answer any questions members may have?
Do you understand the rules of Shy Seals?
Why do you want to be a moderator?
How often are you online/how active are you?
Any questions?

Guest Artists
Guest artists are members who apply to make 1-3 litters for Shy Seals. They are NOT official artists, yet they are liable to be promoted to a full artist. They make 1-3 litters for Shy Seals, and then they are no longer a guest artist. If a month has gone by and they have not created the required litters, they will no longer be a guest artist and will be banned from applying again.
Requirements
- Cannot apply more than twice in a row
- Must wait at least one month between applications
- Must make the litters within the 1 month allowed
- Must have an art program such as GIMP, Paint Tool Sai, FireAlpaca, etc.
- Must be able to edit linearts and use layers
- No eye-burning colors or solid black or white seals
- Must provide examples of artwork
- Must send litters to jesdar16 via PM

Guest artists are paid 1 fish per seal they make in their litter.
Application form: (Must PM to jesdar16)
[color=#0000FF]I want to be a guest artist![/color]
Username:
Why do you want to be a guest artist?:
Do you agree to the requirements of a guest artist?:
Do you have an art program?:
Art examples?:
Questions?:
Last edited by jesdar16 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 37 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ Shy Seals ♥ Events

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 am

Welcome to the Events Center! Here, you can find any active event currently going on and information about said event, as well as a list of the other events that might go on in the future!

Current Event

Nothing currently.

Besides the current event, there are other events that will go on later in the future. You can find all of them here:

New Years
Every New Years, the SS staff will release a special New Years litter!

Valentine's Day
Every February the Valentine's Event goes on! Valentine themed litters will go on during this event and other litters will not be released. Different games may go on during this event and you have a chance to win some fish as well as a custom! There may be some limited-time items during this event, too!

St. Patrick's Day
For only one day, the St. Patrick's Day litter will be up and raffled off the following morning. Be sure to apply quick, because this litter is only up for one day, March 17th!

Easter Event
Every year, around Easter, the Easter Event goes on! Limited-time items, raffled custom slots, Easter litters, etc, will be released during this time!

Shy Seals Birthday Event
Shy Seals was created on April 24th, 2016. For this day, a special birthday litter will be released.

Summer Event
The Summer Event, which happens around June-July, will usually revolve around a different theme each year. Themed litters will be released and there will be raffles and fish prizes!

Halloween Event
Every October, Shy Seals turns dark and spooky.. scary litters will be released during this time and some spooky raffles!

Christmas Event
Christmas happens in December and Shy Seals celebrates with gift-wrapped seals, maybe a few URs, maybe some present opening...

Other Events
In between all the other events, there are smaller events such as staff birthdays and staff litters that will be released. Be sure to stick around to catch one!
Last edited by jesdar16 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:32 am, edited 104 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♥ Shy Seals ♥ Grand Opening! Litter 1 Up!

Postby thank » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:56 am

I want to adopt a Shy Seal!
Username: Candy ♥
Litter #: 1
Seal #: 3
Seal's Name: Dino
Codeword: Teal Seals
Other: uvu these are so cute!

---------

I want a custom Shy Seal!
Username: candy ♥
Common traits: none
Uncommon traits: Dino spikes!
Rare traits: chibi wings, unicorn horn
Total fish: 15? I might of done the math wrong...
Seal's name: Sprakles!
Other: Could you make it rainbow? With sparkles? And pink instead of red? Thanks! uvu
thank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me