.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Closed; Please Read Last Post :.

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Closed; Please Read Last Post :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:10 pm

ImageImageImage

Welcome to Sigbox Zoo adoptables (SBZ)!
Here at SBZ you can adopt your very own little pixel critters. SBZ critters live inside sigboxes which, as their name might imply, sit in your signature (though can be placed elsewhere as well!). Depending on the box and the animal, a massive assortment of different events can occur. Breeding and interaction is also possible within the critters, meaning that your tiny zoo can forever grow! If you're interested in adopting your own, keep reading!
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 am, edited 35 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Rules & Staff :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Rules

• All of CS's rules apply.
  • No art theft - that includes tracing, recolouring and selling these adoptables.
  • I run occasional competitions for becoming artists and mods - do not ask to be one.
  • If you take offsite then please leave the sigbox's link intact or post a link with it directing others to this centre.
  • Rule Edit: You may only adopt one pet once every 7 days. This does not apply to bred pets or those purchased from the shop.
  • Marking this thread is absolutely fine, however please do not spam or double post.
  • Customs are currently only available for staff and as prizes from raffles and events. Do not ask for one. Bribery will not work on me, so please don't even bother.
  • Please tell me if you have changed your username. This is both so we can avoid any confusion and so I can edit your sigboxes.
  • Please do not complain or make the others feel bad if you do not win a pet from any of the releases/raffles/etc.
    If you'd like to discuss new methods and ideas to further increase availability for pets, please forward it to the Fanclub so that we may talk about it without inadvertently causing any spam.
  • Talk and treat others with respect and courtesy in all related threads to this centre. Rudeness is not tolerated and will likely earn you a strike.
  • New Rule: Regardless if a pet is first-come or not, if you do not have enough room in your boxes at the time of applying you will not win it. I will not 'hold' a pet - that simply is not fair. The only exception is if the pet is won via a raffle or is a custom.
  • If you have a question or a problem, please let me know. I'm always happy to try and help out =)

Remember: Please don't rush me to do something. I am an artist, not a machine, and I like to take my time in order to try and get things just right and to a high standard. Making these sigboxes and editing them takes a lot of time so I do require patience.
Thank you for understanding ^^

Strikes and Warnings
This is our newly implemented warning system.
If a rule is broken the you will receive a Warning via PM, explaining what they have done wrong. Warnings will be lifted after 1 month provided no more rules have been broken.

Strikes are the next line. If a rule has been broken within 30 days of receiving a Warning, then you will receive your first Strike. A second Strike can be handed too, or depending on the offence you may immediately receive a second Strike. First Strikes will be lifted after 2 months whilst second Strikes are permanent.
Strikes also mean that you will no longer be able to have access to the Trading Centre or Breeding Centre, and will not be allowed to apply for Staff positions.

If you continue to break the rules even after receiving a second strike then you will be banned permanently. Offences such as Art Theft are an automatic ban. If banned then I have all power to confiscate and re-adopt any pets that you own. You will also not be allowed to adopt from SBZ again nor be allowed to post on the thread.

Warnings

Strikes

Bans
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:53 am, edited 18 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || The Animals & Suggestion Box :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:11 pm

The Animals/Rarities

A collection of all the species that are currently available. There are only a few at the moment, however as more species are added the rarities lists will be updated.
All animals have been hand-drawn by myself. Please do no take, re-colour or edit without my permission.

Common
Fox -- Rabbit -- Doe Deer/Stag Deer -- Horse -- Dolphin -- Hen/Rooster -- Spotted Hyena -- Rat

Uncommon
Bear --Raccoon -- Grey Wolf -- Kangaroo [M]/Kangaroo [F] -- Great White Shark -- Hamster

Rare
Squirrel Monkey -- Snake -- Lioness/Lion --
Snow Leopard -- Penguin -- Manatee -- Sea Turtle

Suggestion Box

Got a suggestion as to what animal you want to next see as an available SBZ adoptable, or maybe a new habitat? Simply post what it is you'd like and it'll be added right here! All animals are welcome including (but not limited to) birds, aquatic mammals, fish and reptiles!
If an animal is suggested more than once (or voted for) then it's chances of me adding it will drastically increase. Some animals may very well already be on the way, so keep your eyes peeled!

Animals
- Wildcats
- Hawk
- Frilled Lizard
- Fennec Fox
- Hyena
- Red Panda
- Giant Panda
- Cattle
- Pig
- Sheep
- Tapir
- Domestic cats
- Anteater
- Pangolin
- Gorilla
- Porcupine
- Iguana
- Alligator/Crocodile
- Whale
- Orca
- Sea Turtles
- Hedgehogs
- Seals
Habitats
-Jungle
-Desert
-Mountain
-Swamp/Marsh/Everglade
-Pond
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 am, edited 19 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Available Animals :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Available Adoptables
All critters available for adoption are posted here. In order to see whether there are any available, simply scroll down and check to see if it has a green 'Adopted' sign next to it. If it doesn't then you're in luck! Simply fill out the form, detailing which letter or which batch you want, and post!
All critters have a predetermined gender which cannot be changed. Critters must also be given a name for adoption to be accepted.

Litter#1
150 Special - Donkeys
First-come, first-serve

Batch 1
Image - 1A Adopted by Elwine
"This small grey donkey seems ill-tempered, kicking out at anyone who dares to walk by."

Image -1B Adopted by imakilljoywannabe
"This pretty little black donkey seems to be the timid type. Everytime she is approached, she promptly shies away."

Image -1C Adopted by Saphira344
This unusual red-dun jack is very energetic and seems to enjoy the company of his fellow equids."

Image 1D Adopted by GressgrinAST
This pretty splashed jenny is a curious, young thing and seems to enjoy discovering new things."

If you'd like to adopt one of the above pets, please read the above information specific to each litter and fill out the following form:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Batch Number:[/b]
[b]Batch Letter:[/b]
[b]Critter's name:[/b]
[b]Is this your first SBZ adoption? If so, which background would you like?[/b]:

If it's your first time adopting then you'll also get your first sigbox free. The box will always be of a small size, however the variety type is of your picking! To see what sigboxes are available please scroll further down to the 'Event Info, Sigboxes & Breeding' post.

If you have more than one sigbox at the time of adopting, please also mention which sigbox you'd like the pet to go into. Each sigbox is numbered and can be found in the Archives to make it easier.
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:05 am, edited 164 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Shop & Bank :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Shop
The shop, as you can see, is still under some major construction. However in the meantime a few items will be put up for purchase in the shop.
When the shop is closed that means that you may not purchase any new items until it is open. This is just to make it easier for me to process and complete orders without getting too overloaded.

To try and cut down on excessively large orders, there is now a cap [established 13/01/2015] on how many items you may purchase from the store at once. You may now purchase at the most 4 items at a time.

The shop is currently OPEN// CLOSED

~ Potions ~

Potion of Exploration = 80 Coins
"Allows one single critter of choosing to be rehomed in another sigbox belonging to the owner. One-use only."

Potion of Occurrence = 200 Coins
"Increases the liklihood of a rarer event to happen. One-use only."

Potion of Love = 250 Coins
"Allows a chosen male and female of the same species to breed. One-use only"

Potion of Fertility = 250 Coins
"Doubles the number of babies from a single successful breeding. One-use only."

~ Customisation ~

Custom Sigboxox Colour = 50 Coins
"Allows the colour customisation of a sigbox to a colour of the owner's choosing - EXAMPLES COMING SOON."

~ Decoration/Toys/Accessories ~

Beds = 50 Coins
"A medium-sized bed to accomodate a variety of smaller animals. Comes in a small range of designs - red, pink, green, blue or spotty."
Image Image ImageImageImage

Rubber Balls = 25 Coins
"A small brightly coloured rubber ball to keep your critters amused for hours on end. Comes in three colours - yellow, red and blue."
Image Image Image

Animal Plushies = 30 Coins
"Large stuffed animal friend. Perfect for lonely pets. Comes in several varieties - yellow bunny, white bunny, teddy bear, pandabear and old teddy. Warning: prone to wear and tear after excessive play."
Image Image Image Image Image

Fox Bandannas = 100 Coins
"A neat little bandanna scarf made especially to fit adult foxes.
Comes in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, rainbow, black, white and striped."

Bows = 100 Coins
"A neat little bow for your animal to wear. Fits any adult animal.
Comes in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink and rainbow."

Small Fish Shoal = 100 Coins
"A small shoal of live edible fish. Favoured by dolphins, whales, sharks and penguins. May help to attract other animals.
Suitable only for Ocean habitats."

Mini Owl = 120 Coins
"A small, cute miniature owl. Makes for a great companion for all land-based animals.
Suitable only for Forest and Field habitats. Comes in four varieties: Spotted, Barn, Horned and Snowy.
Note: Mini owls are simply companions and cannot be bred like ordinary pets."

Flowers = 50 Coins for 4 flowers
"Small colourful, edible flowers. Favoured by deer, horses, bears and rabbits. May help to attract other animals.
Suitable only for Field and Forest habitats. Comes in blue, pink, yellow and purple. Sold in bunches of four in any colour combination."

ImageImageImageImage

Coral = 100 Coins
"Brightly coloured decorative coral. Appreciated by most small aquatic species. May help to attract other animals.
Suitable only for Ocean habitats. Comes in red and purple."

ImageImage

Coral Rock = 200 Coins
"A large rock covered in different types of coral. Appreciated by most small aquatic species. May help to attract other animals. If left long enough, the coral may grow and spread across the habitat.
Suitable only for Ocean habitats. Comes in orange and pink varieties."

ImageImage

Reef Rock = 150 Coins
"A rock with seaweed. Appreciated by most small aquatic species. May help to attract other animals.
Suitable only for Ocean habitats. Comes in small and large varieties."

ImageImage

~ Sigboxes ~

Small Sigboxes = 150 Coins
"Will get you another box in the smallest available size. Perfect for new owners or those who don't have a lot of space. Can hold up to two adult critters.
Note: Only aquatic/semi-aquatic animals such as fish can be placed in the ocean habitats."

Forest [small] --- Beach [small] --- Field [small] --- Ocean [small]

Medium Sigboxes = 200 Coins
"Will get you another box in the medium size. Can hold up to three adult critters.
Note: Only aquatic/semi-aquatic animals such as fish can be placed in the ocean habitats."

Forest [medium] --- Beach [medium] --- Field [medium] --- Ocean [medium]

Large Sigboxes = 300 Coins
"Will get you another box in the largest available size. Perfect for owners with lots of critters. Can hold up to five adult critters.

Forest [large] --- Beach [large --- Field [large] --- Ocean [large]

Upgrades = 100 Coins (per upgrade)
"If you already own a small or medium box, then instead of buying a brand-new sigbox you can instead purchase an upgrade to acquire the next size up. For example, purchasing an upgrade for a small sigbox will turn it into a medium, whilst upgraded mediums turn to large boxes. Large boxes cannot be upgraded. Critters inside upgraded boxes will not be lost, either."

~ Store Pets ~

None = 200 Coins
"---."
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:29 am, edited 46 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Event Info, Sigboxes & Breeding

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Event Information
Events are random instances that can occur within your sigbox. Most sigboxes tend to have 2 -3 events a week, though more or less is possible. Events can be anything, from your critter(s) exploring their new home and interacting with each other to some leaving the box to wander into another's sigbox or even breeding!

Sigboxes
In order to adopt a SBZ critter, you must have sufficient space in your sigbox, however when you first adopt you'll receive one small-sized sigbox of your choice from the available varieties. After that additional boxes and upgrades must be purchased from the shop. More types of sigboxes will become available in time.

Forest [small] --- Forest [medium] --- Forest [large]

Beach [small] --- Beach [medium] --- Beach [large]

Field [small] --- Field [medium] --- Field [large]

Ocean [small] --- Ocean [medium] --- Ocean [large]

Small sigboxes can hold up to two adult critters.
Medium sigboxes can hold up to three adult critters.
Large sigboxes can hold up to five adult critters.
Ocean sigboxes can only keep aquatic species, such as dolphins and sharks.

Babies do not take up slots until they have grown up. Babies grow into their adult stages after just 10 days.

NOTE: Should you find yourself with some babies in the event that your critters breed, and you don't have enough room for them in the sigbox once they grow up, the youngest of the newly grown babies will leave, either going for re-adoption, becoming apart of a random event or they'll move into your other sigbox, if you have one.

Breeding
Breeding is possible however it is something that is unlikely to happen immediately. With that in mind however there are many different ways in which breeding is possible:

-- A random event where a stray male may wander to temporarily join a same-species female in the sigbox may occur, only for him to disappear a couple of days later when the babies arrive.

-- Using a particular potion two people may arrange to breed two compatible critters together. Critters must be of the same species and different genders for it to work, and it may take several days before any results are seen (in this case, the male will join the female in her sigbox, unless there is not room in her box). If the breeding was a success, the male will return to his own sigbox.

-- Breeding can happen randomly between two box-mates, provided they are the same species and different genders.

However, as breeding in any circumstance is not always a guaranteed success, a Love Potion can be purchased from the shop to enhance the chances of success by 50%. Fertility potions can also be used either separately or in conjunction to increase litter sizes.
Depending on the animal's species litter sizes can range from 1 - 4.

Genderless pets, though few and far between, are unable to breed unlike most other critters.
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:19 am, edited 15 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || --- :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:34 pm

-
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:23 am, edited 175 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Semi-Custom Raffle

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:34 pm

---
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 am, edited 198 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || Affiliates & Stamps :.

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Stamps
A fan of SBZ and want to spread the word? Why not advertise us?

Made by nettle.
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2538990][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2vbascz.gif[/IMG][/url]

Affiliates
Whilst you're here, why don't you check out these other great adoption centres?
If you'd like to be featured below as an affiliate, please send me (Weeest) a PM!

Screes by Check the PO Box

FluffBuns by dkb02

Wild Wolfies by wotb123

Leaf Tails by Peppercorn

Nettle Hounds by nettle.
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .: Sigbox Zoo Adoptables || WIP :.

Postby Azure is Unknown » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Track
Azure is Unknown