Phaethon's Tekes • Equine • We Moved!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

What would you think of new lines?

Yes, change is good!
87%
No, change is bad!
13%

Total votes : 52

Phaethon's Tekes • Equine • We Moved!

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:53 pm

We Moved!
Welcome to the next generation of Phaethon's Tekes!

I will gradually be moving the already existing tekes over to those lines so there is no need to worry about a split herd.
You may still use the old lines, just treat them as any other piece of art or reference for the character. :3

Posting Open
We have a new archive.

•••

In Greek mythology, Phaethon was a son of Helios. One day, he insisted that his father let him drive
his chariot, but was unable to control it. To save the Earth, he was struck by one of Zues’
lightning bolts and fell, allowing the horses pulling the chariot to get home.

Phaethon’s Tekes were discovered by a group of people on a search for Phaethon’s landing point.
When they believed that they had discovered the crater, thinly built horses began to gather. Upon first
glance, they seemed no different than akhal tekes. However, a handful of explorers felt that they had
discovered something different. Because of their location and the motive of their search, the explorers
dubbed them Phaethon’s Tekes. While part of the group left to report their findings, the rest stayed back to
construct a ranch, unable to leave the magnificent creatures.

•••

Feel free to advertise us. :3

Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2307971][img]http://i.imgur.com/YoqDyKD.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Dia. on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 71 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff . Updates

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:54 pm

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Staff

Dia. - Creator, owner, and artist.
Dia. is in the mountain time zone.

{h o r s e} & teresa8oats. - Thread Archivists

Ezai - Chart Archivist

Updates

6.2.14 Fanclub made by {h o r s e}
5.30.14 Customs and Breeding thread posted. A custom Teke is offered as CWHR's Mustang Makeover Prize.
5.28.14 Grand Opening, archives posted, first adopts up
5.17.14 Under construction
5.1.14First adopts will be available at the end of the month

Last edited by Dia. on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Rules

do not claim the breed, art, or individual designs as your own
do not resell or rehome. return them to Dia.
do not create your own. this is not an open species.
do not alter the design or image(resizing is okay)
only breed tekes at the official breeding thread
if taken offsite, credit Dia. and link to her profile and this thread
please refrain from complaining and other spammy posts
please do not mini-mod
do not edit your forms*
you may only adopt a teke every other round.**

*if you mess up, leave it. if you need to post a form for a different number, go ahead and do that. you can always rename later and i forgive typos(with the exception of teke numbers). I'm no longer adopting tekes out to edited forms.
**if you won a teke the last release, please do not apply again.

there is no adoption limit. however you may only adopt one per release. please also be considerate of other people. if you adopted within the last few rounds, maybe give someone else a chance?
tekes have 10 breeding opportunities

Last edited by Dia. on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

information

ImageImage
Phaethon’s Tekes exhibit sexual dimorphism, meaning mares and stallions look different.
Stallions are well-muscled with a larger chest and a thicker neck. They also have a roman nose.
Mares are more delicate with a thinner neck and barrel, smaller chest, and a slightly dished face.
Their hips are larger than the stallions' hips.
Both mares and stallions lack a full mane. It is extremely sparse. For vanity’s sake, handlers roach their Teke’s manes. Only neglected, abandoned, and wild Tekes have their natural mane and it is considered bad ownership to let their
mane grow. Their tails are usually kept short as well. It is rare when one of Phaethon’s Tekes are shorter than 14 hands or taller than 16 hands.
They are not considered fully mature until they are 6 years old and their muscles and skeleton are extremely fragile
until that point.
Phaethon’s Tekes are known for their high intelligence, endurance, speed, and athleticism. They may be trained to ride under saddle after their delicate structure has matured. Tekes can be taught to jump as well as schooled in the art of dressage. Some have even been successful in racing, although they can very rarely compete with thoroughbreds. They aren’t particularly good at working with livestock. Phaethon’s Tekes are very high-energy but have incredible focus when put to work especially on something they enjoy.
As they are stubborn, it is difficult to get them to do something they don’t want to do. As a result, some Tekes will not excel in
some disciplines.

Phaethon’s Tekes can be any color that horses naturally exhibit. Any possible equine coloring may appear on a Teke. Tekes can have any paint, appaloosa, face, or leg markings as well as mutations like bird-carcher spots, brindle, etc. Chimeric coat colors are possible. Unnatural coat and tail colors are not acceptable. They are never artificially colored or dyed.
Tekes can have any color eyes. Naturally, brown and blue are most common. Purple, green, gold, and grey
eyes also occur. Red and pink eyes are extremely rare. A teke will never have white or black irises. In some circumstances, a Teke may have heterochromia, where the eyes are different colors.

Phaethon’s Tekes are incredibly social creatures.
Outside of human influence, they most commonly live in herds consisting of a dominant stallion, a handful of mares, and their foals. The foals are usually chased from the herd when they are around 4 years of age. While they aren’t yet structurally mature at this age, they are sexually mature. The colts become increasingly aggressive and the stallion forcibly removes them from the herd to avoid negative consequences. Fillies are cast away in a more gentle manner by their mothers.
Stallions may steal mares from other stallions similar to normal horse behavior. However, mares may become attached to certain stallions and refuse to leave. Some stallions give up while others are more persistent. In the case of the latter, if the mare’s stallion does not protect her, she may be injured or killed in her struggle.
Stallions do not harm foals that are not their own and mares commonly work together to care for all of the foals in their herd. It is not uncommon for a mare to take an orphaned foal as her own. In a wild setting, Tekes can live to be 30 years.
In captivity, Tekes are still social. However, they may be kept in different conditions. They are adaptable and will work out a hierarchy without much trouble. In these cases, stallions are able to live together. It is unknown how they are able to adapt to this behavior, since their natural tendency is to be rather aggressive. Tekes can become very attached to their handlers when captive. They can live up to 40 years with excellent care in captivity.
While it is fairly easy to take a wild Teke and tame him, it proves to be nearly impossible to let him return to his wild ways.

Phaethon’s Tekes always have a thin string tied around their neck. This string is commonly very delicate, soft, and
of high quality material. It may be of any color. The Tekes are never seen without this string and foals are given their first string within their first day. Handlers commonly save these first strings as it is believed to hold promises of good luck, health, and fortune for the Teke. Often times, the foal will wear the same color string as his/her sire or dam. However, this is becoming a less common practice. These strings are constant for the creature’s entire life. The color of the string as well as the shape, color, and number of beads will always be the same for that Teke. The string may break or beads may be lost, but they are always replaced in a timely manner. It is extremely rare that a Pheathon’s Teke will wear more than one string at a time.

Special Note: It is extremely rare that a teke is actually completely wild. All tekes get strings and have their manes clipped. So, all tekes have at least a minimal amount of human contact even if they live outside of captivity.

Last edited by Dia. on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Adoptions

use the provided form
Username:
Name:
Number:

If you have previously adopted a teke under a different username, please state the name here:

Available Tekes
#0000- gender, 0 years, 00.0 hh, color, dip
[img]image[/img]

#0170 - mare, 4 years, 15.1 hh, buckskin tobiano, small brown dip

#0171 - stallion , 4 years, 15.2 hh, bay with birdcatcher spots, large palomino dip

#0172 - mare, 4 years, 14.3 hh, silver bay varnish roan appaloosa, small black dip

Last edited by Dia. on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Special Events

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Special Events
*Special events are not affected by normal adoptions. You can still apply if you have adopted recently. You may still adopt if you are applying.

use the provided form
Username:
Name:
Number:

Headshot/"Tailshot" Links:
Personality:

Everything Else:

The Form Explained
Headshot/"Tailshot" is drawn by you. It is either a sketch or a full drawing showing the style of mane and tail that you will give your teke. Keep in mind, this teke is wild and completely untouched by man. So, his/her mane and tail are not neat and perfect. The headshot is mandatory. The "tailshot" is not, as you may choose to keep the normal teke tail.
The Everything Else is just that. Do whatever you want. This is an impress me competition. Quality over quantity, please. By quality, I mean I want to see work put into it, not some stellar professional quality art. ^^ So don't be ashamed of your art skills, embrace them!

All art must be by you. I don't want people spending money/pets/etc on art for a character they may not win. ^^
You may only try for one.

I will close this competition October 1st.

Wild Teke Rules
These completely wild tekes are incredibly rare. Another release is not currently planned. To keep these special, I have developed a separate set of rules.
- Wild mares only have 5 breeding spots.
- Wild mares may only breed with wild stallions, resulting in wild foals.
- Wild stallions may rarely breed with domestic mares, resulting in domestic foals. I may decide to decline these breedings.
- Wild tekes may not be domesticated in any way and it is very rare that they have friendships/relationships with domestic tekes.
- Wild tekes do not have strings and their manes are a mess. You design the teke's mane and tail style. If you win, use the image you drew for your form for future reference.

Available Tekes
#0000- gender, 0 years, 00.0 hh, color, dip
[img]image[/img]

Last edited by Dia. on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rehoming

Postby Dia. » Sun May 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Rehoming

when someone no longer wants their teke, they surrender it back to Dia. and they will be readopted here. o3o the readoption process will not be first-come-first served and will change for each readoption.

Tekes in need of a new home

-

Last edited by Dia. on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Links and Affiliates

Phaethon's Tekes Links

Breeding and Custom Thread
Phaethon's Tekes Archives
Fanclub

Affiliates
PM Dia. to be an affiliate

ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImage Image

Blackberry Hill Stables
Artemis Arabians
Masai Farasi
Siberian Monks

Last edited by Dia. on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Owner's Directory

Directory
This directory includes links to websites/pages that owners make for their teke herds. This is another way for people to see and keep track of who owns who, breeding spots, and other useful information. PM me a link if you'd like your herd site/page added to the list.

{h o r s e} - {h o r s e}'s Phaethon’s Tekes
teresa8oats - ❈ teresa8oats Phaethon's Tekes ❈
NewNimrod97 - my Phaethon’s Tekes
Tynahi - Tynahi's Phaethon’s Tekes
.FrozenFire. - ~★.FrozenFire.'s Phaethon's Tekes★~
anarchy, inc. - anarchy incorporated ||Phaethon Tekes|| no posting please
Chellerd's Tekes

Last edited by Dia. on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Dia. » Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 am

image here