{ Badger Deer Adopts }

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

{ Badger Deer Adopts }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 pm

A D O P T I O N S . C L O S E D ~ C U S T O M S . C L O S E D ~ K E N N E L . C L O S E D
E V E N T S . C L O S E D ~ C O N T E S T S . C L O S E D

W E L C O M E !

Benedict wrote:
Hello there, and welcome to the Badger Deer Adoption page! My name is Benedict, and I am the thread mascot. Before you do anything, please take a moment to read the rules and the FAQ that Vee has written out for you. Then, why don't you see if you can take one of us home? (:

N E W S + A N N O U N C E M E N T S ;

Please welcome our new permanent artists and guest artists!!

White Teeth Teen
gwen trix
Seymour
versicolor
Lierre

S T A F F ; Image

Vellamore; Thread owner, species creator, artist.

White Teeth Teen; Artist.
Wind Song; Artist.
gwen trix; Artist.
Seymour; Artist.
C-ren; Artist.

Rekhyt; Moderator.

versicolor; Guest artist.
Lierre; Guest artist.

Currently we are not looking for new staff, but this may change once the thread gets running! Check back later.

Image R U L E S ;

1. Do not take a creature that is not yours! You must follow adoption procedure to own one.
    2. Respect the staff as well as anyone who posts here! Bad manners will get you blacklisted.
    3. Do not spam the thread! Spam is considered as whining, complaining, or posting things for no reason. It is okay to post a compliment or bookmark the thread, but don't post things that you know aren't important.
    4. PM any questions directly to Vellamore, no matter how small! It may be added to the FAQ for future reference.
    5. Currently, you may own up to 8 Badger Deer at a time, plus one slot allowed for a breeding. This number may change as time goes on.
    6. Three strikes and you're out! You will be given three polite warnings if you break any of the above rules, and after that, you will be blacklisted either temporarily or permanently depending on what you did wrong.
    7. These creatures cannot be your fursona or fursona's mate or anything. You may of course use them as regular characters.

F A Q ; Image

Please read through these questions and answers before you ask anything, in case your question is already answered here! If it isn't, send a PM to Vellamore and she will help you!

Who owns these species?
Vellamore is the creator of the Badger Deer species and they are copyrighted to her.

Can I make my own?
No, you may not. Only artists are permitted to make their own. However, you can order customs when they are open.

When will the next litter be released?
Litters will be released at random, as they are completed. There is no set schedule, and we will try to post them at varying times to give everyone a chance!

Are the adoptables free?
Yes. You will usually have to answer a question relating to the thread or to the staff members in the form to verify that you read everything, though! Sometimes, there will be writing or drawing competitions for a Badger Deer.

How do you decide who gets each design?
Normally, they will be first come, first serve-- to the first person to fill out the form correctly. But sometimes, the forms will ask you to fill in some information about the critter you are adopting, and staff members will choose the ones they like. And other times still, there will be special openings for people who do not yet have one. This way, we can be sure that everyone has a fair chance to get one :D

During special events, can I make forms for two different Badger Deer?
You can enter as many special events or contests as you want at one time! During regular adoptions, you are only allowed to post one form, but for example, during our holiday events, you are permitted to post multiple forms. However, each user will only be allowed to win one Badger Deer per event, to ensure that others get a chance.

What if I don't want my Badger Deer anymore?
You may PM a staff member and they will put your Badger Deer in the kennel for re-adoption. You are not permitted to resell them or gift them to another user.

How do I become a Guest Artist?
Every now and again, Vellamore will post a form in the Events/Contests section of the thread which you may fill out and PM to her. She will choose based on your designing abilities. Guest Artist slots will be opened very rarely.

Can Guest Artists create their own customs?
Yes, Guest Artists are permitted to make ONE custom for themselves if they do not have a Badger Deer yet, and design three to be put up for adoption.

What am I allowed to do with my Badger Deer?
Anything you want! Give it a gender and a name, unless one is already assigned to it, give it a personality, some accessories if you want, order art of it, draw it yourself, roleplay with it, anything! You are permitted to use it on other websites as long as credit is given; link back here if you can!

What am I NOT allowed to do with my Badger Deer?
You may not claim credit for the design or the species (unless it's your artist custom or guest artist custom), steal someone else's Badger Deer, change its design, sell it, or gift it to another user. Anyone found breaking these terms will have their Badger Deer taken away and may even be banned.

Are they breedable?
Yes, C-ren runs the breeding center on its own thread; the link is up at the top of this post!

Can two Badger Deer from the same litter become mates?
Yes, that is allowed, but it is entirely up to their owners. Badger Deer that are adopted from the main thread here are technically given out in "litters," but they don't necessarily have to be siblings, or "littermates," as we call them. If you would rather have your Badger Deer be mates with another that was adopted in the same batch, that is something you'll have to work out amongst yourselves. (Also, this does not apply to any Badger Deer that are results of a breeding. If you breed two Badger Deer, any resulting babies have to be siblings.)

Am I allowed to make the image smaller so it fits in my signature?
Sure, you can resize them if you want! As long as the image isn't altered, that's totally fine (:

Can we be affiliates?
Certainly! PM me your banner or stamp or thread link and I'll add it in the affiliates post (:
Last edited by vee. on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 71 times in total.
Image Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hi, I'm Vee and I love you! ♥
    » I was Vellamore previously~
    » I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913
    » Commissions are closed.

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ s p e c i e s . i n f o }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Years ago, hardy little cervinus meles, also called Badger Deer, roamed all corners of the globe. However, in the 1950’s, they were hunted to near extinction for their beautiful pelts, which come in a wide array of colors and patterns. Only eight of these creatures were left in the wild. Not eight hundred, not eighty —eight. The remaining few were rounded up and brought to an island off the coast of Australia where conservation efforts began. The island had no natural predators, and now, with a little human intervention, they have started to rebuild their numbers.

A P P E A R A N C E + C H A R A C T E R I S T I C S ; Image

Badger Deer are exactly what they sound like. Their heads have deer-like features, but with more the bone structure of a badger. The nose bridge is rounded like that of a bull terrier and does not dip down between the eyes. Their front legs are thick, muscular, and clawed at the ends, while their back legs are hoofed and slim. These critters have a variety of tails, from barely there to dragging on the ground, as well as an array of different types of horns and antlers. They can be almost any color, though neon colors and very bright saturated colors generally do not appear. Their horns, hooves, and claws are usually more natural shades, but can be painted or metal-plaited. Both males and females grow horns or antlers, and there does not appear to be any notable differences between genders.

Standing an average of 3 feet tall at the top of their head, Badger Deer are rather small, with short bodies and slightly stubby legs. However, due to their muscle mass, they can weigh as much as 100 lbs when full grown. The smallest Badger Deer ever recorded was only 2 feet tall and 62 lbs, while the largest was 3’8” tall and weighed an astonishing 142 lbs!

Image D I E T + L I F E . C Y C L E ;

Badger Deer are classified as omnivores, though they mostly tend to feed on plant matter. As the species is confined to their small Australian conservation island, there are no predators, nor is there competition for food, so they tend to prefer fruit, leaves, roots, young grass chutes, and seeds. They will eat various types of insects and have a serious sweet tooth for honey, if they can get past the bees. Some individuals will eat small burrowing animals, but it is uncommon.

Badger Deer are social, friendly animals that live in herds of varying sizes, from just 2 up to 15 or 20 animals in one group. The herds are led usually by a matriarch and patriarch pair, whose roles are mainly to protect their herd members and diffuse any tension. Herds are not hostile to each other and are generally friendly and can co-inhabit the same territory without incident. While it is not always the norm, many Badger Deer mate for life and form family herds made up of their young and any related animals. Others still form groups of mismatched individuals that coexist happily. The young are raised collectively throughout the herd, though they do of course have a strong bond with their mother. Females are called doe, and male are called bucks, just as deer are.

Strangely, baby Badger Deer, called cubs, are actually born looking similar to baby bears—tiny, helpless little pink things that cling to their mothers’ stomachs and drink milk constantly for the first four weeks of their life. The mothers will dig a burrow, called a sett, which she will remain in while her cubs are nursing. The fathers and other herd mates will stay in place and guard her sett from any intruders. At five weeks old, their eyes and ears start to open, and at six weeks, they are starting to walk. At this stage, they’re plump and wobbly, still not quite grown in to their large forelimbs. When the kits reach two years of age, they are more or less the height of their parents, though not quite fully fleshed out. They are able to breed at age five, and from that point, can live to be up to 50 years old—an unusually long lifespan gained due to the seclusion of their environment.

V A R I A T I O N S ; Image

As was mentioned above, Badger Deer come with all different types of tails and either horns or antlers. They can be mixed and matched into any combination you can think of! And as the conservation efforts continue to progress, more consistent variations of physical appearance are showing up. Here is a directory of the ones we are currently aware of!

Antlers and Horns wrote:
Below are examples of the six types of antlers and horns along with the nicknames we've come to know them by, for your reference. Most types can be found on either gender, though there are two that seem to be exclusive. Small Horns only ever show up on bucks, and Mini Horns have only ever shown up on does.

Tail Types wrote:
There are also five different variants of tails found on the Badger Deer. We assume each type of tail has evolved for a purpose, and we're doing research to see if we can figure out what those purposes are. The only one we have successfully placed is the Long Tail, which seems to make its owner a fantastic swimmer. Badger Deer that have the long tail type have been seen using it sort of as a rudder to guide them through the water and help them turn more precisely. But other than that, the tails are just tails!
Last edited by vee. on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ a d o p t i o n }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 pm

A D O P T I O N S ; Image

Currently, adoptions are OPEN!

Image F O R M S ;

This litter was done by one of our new artists, White Teeth Teen! She did a lovely job on them, don't you think? (And I'm so sorry it took me almost a month to get these up for adoption, sweetheart! I'm so scattered haha)

For this contest, give the badger deer a name, gender, and personality, and show us one art piece of it! The art can be a drawing, a story, a scrapbook page, a poem, or any other type of entry that can be put under the category of "art" c: Doesn't have to be by you, either ♥ An end date will be put up for this contest when enough entries have been submitted. Good luck!

Code: Select all
[b][color=#f07b69]Brilliant darling Badger Deer![/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Badger Deer #:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Art:[/b] (any form)

A V A I L A B L E . B A D G E R . D E E R ; Image

Badger Deer #73 wrote:A fiery volcanic Badger Deer! It has Ram Horns and a Long Tail

Badger Deer #74 wrote:This peaceful-looking mountain-based Badger Deer has White Tailed Deer antlers and a Cropped Tail.

Badger Deer #75 wrote:Based on a frozen beach! This Badger Deer has Elk Antlers and a Docked Tail.

Badger Deer # wrote:

Badger Deer # wrote:
Last edited by vee. on Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 53 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ e v e n t s / c o n t e s t s }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:00 pm

E V E N T S ; Image

Currently there are none. Check back later!

~

Image C O N T E S T S ;

Currently there are none. Check back later!
Last edited by vee. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ c u s t o m s }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:01 pm

C U S T O M . I N F O R M A T I O N ; Image

Customs are currently C L O S E D .

Here, you will be able to apply for your own custom-designed Badger Deer. However this will be done very rarely, and will not be first-come-first-serve, but instead will be chosen from a selection of forms. They are free, but there are a few specifications and restrictions for the types of designs you can ask for.

Permanent staff members are allowed customs without filling out the form.

Image C U S T O M . R U L E S ;

1. Customs CAN be designed to "match" or go along with an existing Badger Deer, to be used as a mate. However, it must be one that is owned by you, and exact markings/colors will not be used from the one you own. They will simply be designed so that they would look good together and make cute cubs c;
    2. You CAN choose whatever type of horns/antlers and tail you would like for your custom, from the existing list.
    3. You CANNOT ask the artist to just "design anything!" for you. If you are ordering a custom, you must have some idea of what you want-- a color palette, preferred markings, or a reference image/description- something along those lines.
    4. Your custom CANNOT be a "mix between Badger Deer 1 and Badger Deer 2." That is a breeding, silly!
    5. You CANNOT grab a custom slot for a friend. It must be for you!
    6. Your custom CANNOT include neon or otherwise bright, fully saturated colors. Unnatural accents are allowed of course, as well as toned down unnatural colors, but "eye-burning" colors do not exist on Badger Deers.
    7. Your custom CANNOT be colored like any existing CS pets.
    8. Customs CANNOT be colored based on your fursona or character. Sorry!

C U S T O M . F O R M ; Image

Please do not fill this out when customs are closed, or when the form is struck out. When forms are open, please be sure to remove anything in parentheses and fill out each section completely before you post it. If you run out of time before you finish your form, you can save it as a draft and come back to it later, without actually submitting your message! This is just to prevent flooding the thread with unfinished forms.

[color=#f07b69][b][u]Custom Application![/u][/b][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Current BD count:[/b] (How many do you already own?)
[b]Desired Name:[/b] (Can't be the name of any existing Badger Deer. If you are chosen and you change your mind when you see the final design of your custom, you are permitted to change the name.)
[b]Desired Gender:[/b]
[b]Desired Design:[/b] (Jot down any and all ideas you have for the design of your custom, including antler/horn and tail types.)
[b]Why You Want One:[/b] (I'm just curious c: Doesn't have to be long.)
[b]Other:[/b] (Any final thoughts?)

Example Form;
    (This is what I'd write if I were filling out a form for my custom, Winslow)

Custom Application!
    Username: Vellamore
    Current BD count: None, this will be my first!
    Desired Name: Winslow maybe? I want something fancy that starts with a W.
    Desired Gender: Male
    Desired Design: I'm thinking I'd like something based roughly on a bighorn sheep, with light grays and whites. I'd like ram horns and a barely-there tail on him, please. Maybe some tiny bits of gold and teal could be added to brighten him up?
    Why You Want One: This species is adorable! They remind me a bit of bighorn sheep, and I'd love to see a design made up to look like one!
    Other: Nope! Thank you for the opportunity!
Last edited by vee. on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ b a d g e r . d e e r . k e n n e l }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:01 pm

K E N N E L ; Image

Any Badger Deer who do not have homes will be kept here. A new form will be custom made for each one. The critters here have had it rough so far, though, so if you post a form for one, please make sure you really do want it and that you intend to give it a permanent home.

Currently there are no Badger Deer in our kennels.
Last edited by vee. on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ a r c h i v e }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 pm

A R C H I V E ; Image

Here is a list of all the current Badger Deer, listed alphabetically by owner. In the event that this post gets too long in the future, a new thread will be created to serve as the archive.

A - D

E - H

I - L

M - P

Q - T

U - Z

Last edited by vee. on Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 59 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ a f f i l i a t e s / a d v e r t i s i n g }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 pm

A F F I L I A T E S ; Image

Please PM me if you are interested in becoming an affiliate!

Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImage\ Image ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image

Deerbit Adoptables! || 自然神 (Shizen Kami) Adopts

Image A D V E R T I S I N G ;

We do not have any banners yet, but we do have a lovely stamp gifted to us by Chomp! Feel free to use it c:

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1666951][img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/Sunlantern/Stamp_template9_zps09a08b86.png[/img][/url]

If you would like, you may also borrow this cute little pixel art, done by Berkshire, to help advertise in your signatures (:

Image Image
Badger Deer Adopts
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1666951][img]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/tessmarieee/badgerdeer/benedictbyberkshire2_zps2b1119c5.png[/img]   [img]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/tessmarieee/badgerdeer/benedictbyberkshire_zps54bdf388.png[/img][/url]
[color=#f07b69][b]Badger Deer Adopts[/b][/color]
Last edited by vee. on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 am, edited 25 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ i t e m . s h o p }

Postby vee. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:03 pm

I T E M . S H O P ; Image

Here, you will be able to purchase items and accessories for your Badger deer.

We are working on getting some images drawn up for this shop, so please do be patient in the meantime (:
Last edited by vee. on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ b l a c k l i s t / w a r n i n g s }

Postby vee. » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:17 pm

B L A C K L I S T ; Image

Currently empty! Let's keep it that way! (:

Users listed here are not allowed to post in the thread. Temporary blackisted members may not adopt any Badger Deer during the time, but are permitted to own them if they have them already. Permanently blacklisted members may not adopt OR own any Badger Deer, and if they have any, they will be taken away and re-homed.

Image W A R N I N G S ;

Currently empty! Let's keep it that way! (:

Users listed here will have one, two, or three x's listed next to their name, and sometimes will have a brief description of their offences, if neccessary. If a user has three strikes, and they break another rule which gains them a fourth strike, they will be placed on the blacklist either temporarily or permanently.
Last edited by vee. on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me