⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Event deal reminder!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: ⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Everything is ok agai

Postby onion » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 am

ordered yet another surprise tank, i just love these things!
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Bad News!

Postby fuiuki » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:31 am

Really bad news guys...

So when I went to start working today, I found that the entire folder on my USB stick where I keep all the aquarium stuff is... empty. Recovery programs gave me nothing, everything else on my USB stick is fine, it's just the entire folder of aquarium stuff that's gone. EVERYTHING is empty in it.

Now, it's not a COMPLETE disaster. I did a backup last week on my computer at dad's place, but I won't be going there again until next week... and everything new since last week is pretty much lost. All files already uploaded are safe though, but this does mean that every tank I can't recreate (such as custom surprise tanks) will be uneditable. So basically, if something is wrong with the tank, touch luck. I will of course do my absolute best to try and fix something if it's not what you want, I have my tricks hehe. But for now, I'm not able to do any work until next week. I'm really sorry guys... I've closed the order form until then, but all orders are saved so not to worry.

While I can't do anything tank related, you can still do things such as trade in for RFT, and I might take this opportunity to organise some other stuff, or make changes. I've been considering lowering prices for stuff ALOT, so if you know something on the pamphlet that you think is waaay too expensive, let me know and things might just get lowered in price!

Also, some words of encouragement would be great right now... I'm kind of really stressed out over this, that's a lot of work lost...
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Bad news!

Postby cyrevan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 am

Oh no, I'm so sorry that happened to you!!! :'o
I'm sure everyone will be supportive about it, hopefully you manage to get things running again. You're doing great, try not to let it stress you out.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, that must be really frustrating. Don't forget though, what is really valuable here is your creativity, and you can't lose that!
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 am

memories is right, dont let it get you down :( once you have stuff back youll be golden!
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 am

im sure it will be ok because you've already done a code drop for the latest tank and you backed your computer up your going great this problem won't stop you
and you'll have more time to work on anything in the shop that needs working on and you'll be able to work on stuff that needs fixing ect

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)

╚═══════════════╝
birdbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 am

Thank you guys so much, it really helps to have your support! I know it's not the end of the world, and it's mostly easily fixed. I just can't work for several days now, and it's like having a rubber band snapped. I was going strong with work and feeling motivated, and suddenly I just feel empty. I also feel really bad for not being able to get you your tanks and orders during this time, I don't wanna leave you all hanging. But looking on the bright side, most of you will probably have forgotten your orders when I get done with them, so it'll be a surprise for all of you what you get anyway! :D

But while I have time to work on other random things (though not today, I need some time to not be upset anymore), I'd like it if you all could help me find things that can be improved. I know it's hard to say something negative about something you like, but I really can't find everything that needs improving without your input. I don't order myself tanks after all, I'm always behind the scenes, so I don't go through the process like you do. Please help this place improve, whether it's pointing out what works really well, or letting me know what doesn't work as well as it could. Putting the custom order form into just one section on the regular form might be one change, for example. Generally condensing the order forms is something I WILL do once I don't have to worry about some orders disappearing if I do.

Then there's also the matter of animating fish! I can still do that since I can just download the still images from online, but I still want to know some fish to animate. I'll probably do the weedy sea dragon, now that leafy has been animated already. Suggestions on HOW to animate a specific fish would be good too!

And lastly, thank you all for your patience! I don't know what I would do if you were all upset and shouting at me to get it done anyway. You're all gold worth! Also I'm feeling really sappy right now, haha. I'm a bit too tired to be making any announcements.
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

if you need some time to kill and something to take your mind of things I have a suggestion for a fish you could animate:
maybe a blob fish that would we so cute and derby XD
and maybe a lionfish

I'm sure we will all be patient its not your fault that your TVS aquarium stuff was whipped and at least you have most of it backed up and you know what a few days or weeks isn't really that long

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)

╚═══════════════╝
birdbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am

Do you think you could animate a fish poking its head out of a tunnel or volcano cave? Like its head pokes out of the cave, and a few seconds later the head vanishes back inside.
Last edited by Memories on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaffeinatedLlama » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am

Memories wrote:Do you think you could animate a fish poking its head out of a tunnel or volcano cave? Like its head pokes out of the cave, and a few seconds later the head vanishes back inside.

Ooh that would be adorable.

@Fuiuki- Don't worry, we all understand c:
We are so lucky to have you making these beautiful tanks that we can't really be used with you. Ever.
CaffeinatedLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me