. Rifska . {open ;; one available;; new lineart poll

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Would you be cool if I posted a mix of the two linearts?

Yes, I'd be happy with both.
93%
No, I want the old one only.
7%
No, I want the new one only.
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: . Rifska . {wip, no posting yet!}

Postby Starmz ♥ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 am

Username:
    Starmz ♥
    Desired Riffie:
    Rifska's Desired Name:
    Kiandra
    A variation of Kendra, it means Water Baby, or Magical.
    I found it very appropriate, due both to her species
    and also because she's an unique little creature,
    and the way she handles situations could almost be considered magical or miraculous.
    Personality:

• Soothing
    It is undeniable that Kiandra naturally exudes a sort of relaxing, serene atmosphere. Her normal expression is one of cool contentment, and it seems like others take after her example, their features similarly loosening up into a peaceful half-smile. This Rifska's pace is leisurely and strangely slow when compared to those around her, many of whom rush around, darting in and out with laughter ringing through the air. Sure, Kiandra can be just as cheerful at times, but she prefers to take in the world around her at a more gradual, calm rate.

• Compassionate
    A friend to all and a helping hand, Kiandra may sometimes be taken advantage of because of her innate kindness, but she doesn't care. Does that strike you as unusual? Why of course! But Kiandra has weird morals, and feels that as long as someone is being benefited, that's fine by her. Frankly, at times it feels as if she were overcompensating, though her care for others is genuine - perhaps a bit too much.

• Favoured
    But surely that doesn't mean she's never getting anything back, right? Fortunately, that is not the case. Kiandra actually has many friends, several of which are very close. She is well-known for her special mannerisms and ways of behaving, and thus she sometimes has extraordinary treatment because of her reputation.

• Mature
    Oddly spiritually grown-up for one so young, Kiandra appears worldly and deep in her habits, and portrays the image of a disciplined, self-controlled youngster, a sight rarely seen these days. Indeed, she seems more comfortable conversing with adults rather than those closer to her own age, though she has the most trouble with those exactly of the same age. Usually, those that are older she respects, while those that are younger she finds adorable.

• Gullible
    Naive is easily a word that can be used to describe her, as well as inexperienced and (technically a phrase/idiom) in-over-her-head. Although she believes that she is well-aware of others' intentions when dealing with her, Kiandra may one day find herself in trouble that she'd never before imagined.

History or Short Story:
    BOTH
    Alright, history first:

[[ i think you should know ]]

She was born on a dark and cloudy night, something her parents felt bore ill omen. However, the sky was also full of stars, and the moon shone as bright as a lantern. In a way, it was an interesting metaphor for what was to come next.

Kiandra had a relatively peaceful childhood. Her parents cherished her, and some would even say that they, indeed, coddled her. Either way, Kiandra started off as a happy, bustling little Riffie. She took in the world with wide eyes and an open mind, always ready to ask questions and receive answers. In fact, she was well-known for querying others about the ways of life to the point of being an annoyance, especially to authority figures. That led to two very different nicknames, "The Suck-Up Nag" and "Inquisitive little dear". Suffice to say that there were two viewpoints on Kiandra: a relatively positive one, and a downright nasty one.

And, of course, that certainly didn't help the situation back at home. Although her family was a small, cosy one, the way her parents fought you'd imagine that they were all starving, depressed and abused. But while that was not the case physically, perhaps something different could be said about their mental states. Not two months after Kiandra was born did they break up. Her mother left the pair, off to find 'bluer waters', were her famous last words. What affected them the most was that her mother did not, in fact, actually tell them that she was leaving. All she did was give them a somewhat reassuring smile as she went away, saying that she'd be back in a jiffy.

So they'd waited there for hours upon hours, until they resigned themselves to going to their home. Admittedly, a broken one now, but it was still theirs to call home. Though Kiandra's father had much to learn in order to take proper care of her, he managed, for after all it was for the sake of his daughter's life; and though Kiandra's parents might not have shown it well, they did both love her very much. This was evidenced by little gifts that, though anonymous, convinced both of the torn-up family members that they were from Kiandra's mother.

Now Kiandra's life has stabilised a bit. Her friends are plenty and so is the amount of mutual goodwill. Kiandra's father is weary, but still going strong. She fears for his well-being and has made it her life goal to help make his life - and departure from life, indeed - as comfortable as possible. This strange mix of past and present has turned her into the riffie she is now, for better or worse.

[[ that love is ruthless ]]

aaaand now story!
{ i'd be smart to walk away }

A flash of light illuminated the darkness. An unusually apt parallel to the current unfolding events, if you thought about it.
He was late, but that was okay, right? Everyone deserved a chance to be late. Everybody ... except her mother.
But that was something to be left for another day.

She looked up, trying to gauge the time by checking the levels of light filtering through the cave's opening. Sighing, she realised that it was quite a bit later than their arranged meeting time, but well, that was fine. Really. She'd just wait here for him, until he was done with whatever he was doing. He wouldn't forget, after all. He was misunderstood but kind, not to mention he'd invited her. Settling down, she tucked her short tail around her paws, resting her head against the wall.

Hours passed, until she dozed off into an uneasy dream, reminiscent of a flashback she once had about her mother's disappearance. Finally, when she woke, the blue riffie found that it was the wee hours of morning, and a much different sort of light was streaming through the cave's opening. The seeds of doubt that had been sown last night bloomed into flowers of self-pity. However, she shook off such negative thoughts and instead swam off, wondering what she'd done to scare him off.

Somewhere a little way away from the cave's entrance floated a riffie with a devilish charm and an infuriating smirk. "Phase two is complete." So ended his duty, and the male swam off with a grin that indicated that trouble was coming.

{ but you're quicksand }

Why You're Applying:
    Because these are adorable! Also, I've always adored sea animals and water-based landscapes. Not to mention, silver + blue? Sign me up! Put simply, she's endearing, not to mention really pretty too; the concept of these creatures are intriguing as well. C: I'd love to be able to include her in my list of characters, and order art of her and just adore her like how her parents (used to, anyway) did.

Art {optional}:
    Will try to procure by the end of the day c:

i want a shiny mini-mod badge!

Username:
Starmz ♥
Nicknames:
Starmz
and any others you may come up with
When You Joined Chicken Smoothie:
Spring of '09
However, I went on hiatus for a while and only became active again about 1-2 years ago c:
Previous Expirances:
Well, I was a mod on WCRPG, a rather large roleplaying site for about a year or so?
I stopped because I felt like I was becoming more and more inactive, and didn't want to drag the rest of the team down.
The responsibilities there were pretty big, similar to actual mods on CS.
I'm also a mini-mod for the Lab Dogs ouo
Why You Are Applying:
Because these adopts are adorable, and I want to be more involved in this thread c:
Why I Should Choose YOU:
Quite frankly, my experience is probably the largest advantage I've got. Because of my past experience dealing with tons of drama (even extending up to suicide threats, blackmail, etc.), I think I've developed a tolerance for tiny trespasses, but will definitely call out people if I see signs of trouble stirring. I also think that I'm pretty nice, so as long as people follow the rules they won't even know that I keep an eye out for evidence of disruption ;D

delta
Last edited by Starmz ♥ on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Starmz ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: . Rifska . {open ;; two regular, two event available

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks for all the forms, guys :D
I'm glad to see this thread getting more love <3333
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

i am a big baby nerd who likes to draw and write. i like fruit snacks and dinosaurs and space way too much. panace demigirl and really good at making blueberry jam muffins. i'd love to talk with you about anything! especially if you start off with a really cool space fact.

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 am

More love^^ I love this 800% out of 100%
Update: July 31st 2016
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 am

Thank you Blackberry ^^
I've also decided to extend the Halloween event until both Riffies are adopted.
Juding for the regular Riffies is going to happen this friday the ninth.

And then I'll put the next batch up!
One of my personal favorites is in the next set owo
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

i am a big baby nerd who likes to draw and write. i like fruit snacks and dinosaurs and space way too much. panace demigirl and really good at making blueberry jam muffins. i'd love to talk with you about anything! especially if you start off with a really cool space fact.

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starmz ♥ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 am

I'll try to finish up my form asap c:
So many deadlines this Friday </3

Ee, can't wait! ^-^
Is there a period of time you have to wait out after you adopt before adopting again? ouo
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Starmz ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:28 am

I don't think so, I hope nope XD
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 am

There will be later on, but because we're just starting out I'm gonna bend that one x3
So yes, you'll be able to try out again, even if you did win a Rifska.
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Username: Zmija

Rifska's Desired Name: Zeher

Poem:
Spinning round and round
The small creature yet drowned
The three move in time
Around their pot of slime.
"Watch it burn!"
"Hush, hush, we must churn!"
And so moves the six hands,
As if it had been the creature's demands.
Slowly and slowly it falls to pieces,
It's life draining and suddenly ceases.
The three grin,
Pulling up the animal skin,
"A great feat!"
Then the chorus of, "Trick or treat!"
Came from a distance,
"What persistence.."
"Later we shall stitch."
And the three turned to the door; hidden as a witch.

Other: Hope it's alright that I try out for this one as well.. I figured since no one else was and it's ADORABLE. I had a TON of fun writing that poem and rhyming even though it didn't need to. x3
THEXTHEXTHEXTHE
───────────────────────────────
Create A Clan - ➳ who are you again..? - Link Name Here - Link Name Here
─────────────────────────────
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 am

All new forms are closed! Judging will happen for the brown baby after I get home from school, and the blue one the day after.

If you have already posted a form, you are allowed to edit it until I've posted again saying you cant x3
Have fun!
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 am

I nearly fainted when you posted, DX I will finish mine later.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me