Wavetail Cats | V.1 | New Thread & Owner | Mods Please Lock

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Wavetail Cats | V.1 | New Thread & Owner | Mods Please Lock

Postby mothstrand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Please see the last post to find to the new thread.
You stroll along the beach, your toes in the sand and your thoughts with the beautiful waves. You wonder why nobody ever seems to come here. This beach is so pristine, surely it would be a popular destination. You stare at the perfect water, debating whether or not to jump in. Startled, you stumble back. You thought you had just seen something hop out of the shallows, but you couldn't be sure. You focus your eyes on the waves again, and this time you see what it was. It was a cat. Wait, a cat? you do a double take when the creature rises out of the water and steps onto the flawless sand. Its fur is bluish and seems to be solid, but its tail is peculiar indeed. It seems to be made of water, but that can't be possible. Then again, neither could a blue cat. The creature looks at you with eyes that match the water perfectly, their colors seeming to shift with the ocean. "What... who are you?" You ask. You feel pretty stupid talking to a cat. And a blue one at that. "I am Annabelle," The cats says. "Welcome to Wavetail Beach."
"Wait.." You say. "You didn't just talk to me, did you?" The cat nods. "And who names their beach "Wavetail beach?" The cat seems agitated when you say that, but makes and effort to hide it. "Wavetail beach is the home of my kind; the Wavetail Cats. Most humans cannot see through the magical barrier which guards this place from the rest of the world. You must be special. You were chosen out of hundreds of humans to come and adopt one, maybe two or more of us." You smile at the idea of being able to take one of these beautiful creatures home. "What things should I know in order to adopt one of you?"
"Come," Annabelle says, beckoning to the waves. "You want me to swim?" You ask.
"Of course not," she says. "I will take you to our kingdom." She grabs the leg of your jeans with her forepaw and pulls you into the water.

You feel yourself plunge into the water and hold your breath. You open your eyes, expecting to see nothing but blurriness. Instead you find that you can see normally, and you have traveled much deeper than you thought. You are standing on the ocean floor, Annabelle facing you. Other Wavetails walk by, going about their daily routines. It doesn't seem logical that gravity would apply underwater, but you ignore this. You are becoming very uncomfortable holding your breath and realize that you'll never make it to the surface in time to breathe. You begin to panic. "You needn't worry," Annabelle tells you. "You can breathe here." You close your eyes in an effort to stop panicking and take a tentative breath in. Nothing terrible happens like you had expected. Instead, you feel just like you are breathing regular oxygen. You begin to calm down. Annabelle speaks. "Before you adopt one of us, there are a few things you must know." She pulls a list seemingly out of nowhere and begins to read.

The Rules:
    1. No art theft. This means you cannot color in the lines unless you are an artist, you may not take other members' cats, or steal the design in any way.
    2. Do not claim Wavetail Cats as your own.
    3. No mini-modding, period. That's what we have mods for. If you feel the need to behave in such a manner, please take it elsewhere.
    4. Do not complain. It doesn't matter if there aren't any left in the litter, or if you didn't end up getting to be a member of staff. Complaining really has no benefit, and will not make you any more likely to get what you want.
    5. You may have as many Wavetail cats as you want.
    6. You may not edit your adoption form.
    7. Please PM me about any questions you have instead of asking them here.
    8. Please don't beg for anything.
    9. Please try to keep spam on a low.
    10. Don't bump the topic by posting "bump". If the topic has fallen low enough, there should be a "bump topic" button at the bottom of the page.
    11. Please be polite to everyone.
    12. Have fun!

Banned Members
Nobody yet, thankfully.

"All right," Annabelle says. "Now that we have that out of the way, let me introduce you to the cats that help keep this place running." She leads you into a brightly lit cave where several people sit at a table, discussing something with each other. They notice you enter and turn cheerfully to face you. "Here are the staff," Annabelle says.

~ Owner ~
{ Saphira }

~ General Helpers ~
Saphira344 | Petalfur | *Simon*

~ Mods ~
SomethingFishy~ | 'Tis The Season | Skittlesky12 | *Simon* | Eevee123 |

~ Artists ~
Music_Lover | *Simon* | kkmk | Frozen~Flame | S c a r l e t t | Alantica

Sorry, we're not currently hiring.
Code: Select all
[center][color=#0080FF][b]~ I Want to be an Artist! ~[/b]
[b].:Username:.[/b]
[b].:Why do you want to be an artist?:.[/b]
[b].:Experience?:.[/b]
[b].:How often are you active on CS?:.[/b]
[b].:Art example:.[/b]
[b].:Do you promise to submit at least one litter every week?:.[/b]
[b].:Anything else?:.[/b][/color][/center]

[center][b]~ I want to be a Mod! ~[/b]
[b].:Username:.[/b]
[b].:Why do you want to be a Mod?:.[/b]
[b].:Experience?:.[/b]
[b].:How often are you active on CS?:.[/b]
[b].:Anything else?:.[/b][/center]

Please note that not everyone will be chosen to be a part of staff. Those who do get chosen will receive a PM from me explaining the basics.

Annabelle leads you out of the cave and over to a signpost with a bunch of arrows all pointing in different directions. It looks like something you might find in a cartoon, and you almost laugh. "This is the directory," Annabelle says. "It will take you anywhere you wish to go."

Places on this thread:

Adopt a Wavetail
The Store
The Bank
Customs
Events
Banners & Affiliates

Other Wavetail threads:
Breeding Thread
Co-op Archive
Trading & Gifting Thread

Coming soon:
The Roleplay
Last edited by mothstrand on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 84 times in total.
call me moth! | they/them | adult
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:Adopt:.

Postby mothstrand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Annabelle leads you over to another cave, though this one is a bit more dimly lit than the last. "This is the Adoption Center," She says. "Where you can adopt a Wavetail."
"They're so beautiful..." You marvel. "Aren't they?" She replies. Let's go over a few more rules before you choose the one you would like."

.:Adoption Center Rules:.
1. You may only adopt one wavetail per release, not per litter.
2. You may not edit your adoption forms, even if you make a typo.
3. Please don't complain if you don't get the Wavetail that you want.
4. Don't beg for new litters. The Staff have lives too!

.:Litter 1:. made by Saphira344

1. Image ~ Stolen by Saphira344

2. Image ~ XxBlueAngelxX

3. Image ~ BrokenShadows

4. Image ~ 'Tis The Season

5. Image ~ Simon & Marcy

6. Image ~ Horse65478

7. Image ~ Stolen by Me (sorry guys)

8. Image ~ SomethingFishy~

The Codeword is... Gemtails!

Your code will be PM'd to you as soon as possible.

[color=#0080FF][b]~ I want to Adopt a Wavetail Cat! ~[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Litter Number:[/b]
[b]Wavetail Number:[/b]
[b]Wavetail's Name (put WIP if you would rather think of it later):[/b]
[b]Wavetail's Gender (Again, put WIP if you'd rather think of it later):[/b]
[b]Codeword:[/b]
[b]Anything else?:[/b][/color]

"Now then," Annabelle says. "That was the adoption center. Let me show you the pound." She leads you into another portion of the cave, where there are several cages. "This is the Pound. Wavetails from permanently banned users come here to be adopted by other people, or sometimes they are donated or left over from past litters. Occasionally a Wavetail will just show up out of nowhere." She pulls out another list. "You're probably tired of rules by now, but I have a few more to go over."

.:Pound Rules:.
1. The pound is a bit different from the main Adoption Center. You have to write the story of how the cat came to the pound. This is to encourage a bit of creativity, and it makes things more interesting.
2. You may not edit your form.
3. You may not post "WIP" for any of the areas on the form. You must fill it out all at once.
4. If there are three or more cats in the pound you may adopt 2. If there are two or less, you may adopt one.
5. Again, please don't complain if you do not get the cat that you want.

.:Pound Wavetails for Adoption:.

Nobody's here at the moment (yay)!

[color=#0080FF][b]~ I Want to Adopt from the Pound! ~[/b]
[b]Cage Number:[/b]
[b]Cat's Name:[/b]
[b]Cat's Gender:[/b]
[b]How did this Wavetail arrive at the pound? [at least 5 sentences]:[/b]
[b]Anything else?:[/b][/color]
Last edited by mothstrand on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 153 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:Store:.

"I know that you're eager to adopt a Wavetail, but we haven't finished our tour yet and I'd hate for you not to know your way around." Annabelle leads you out of the Adoption center and into another cave, which is filled with items for sale. "This is the store," she says. "Here you can buy things for your Wavetail cats."
"What about money?" You ask. "Ah," She replies. "Good question. We have a whole post explaining that, right after this one. It will tell you everything you need to know about currency."

.:Accessories:.

.:Toys:.

"A Bunny Plush for your wavetail! Choose from 6 different color schemes. Costs 100 Image."

.:Jewelry:.

"A bracelet for your Wavetail. Choose from 8 different jewel colors! Costs 100 Image."

"A necklace for your Wavetail! You can also choose from 8 different jewel colors. Costs 120 Image."

"A collar for your wavetail! Choose from 8 different colors. Costs 120 Image."

.:Other Accessories:.

"An Alchemist accessory set! Your cat will look just like it's brewing potions. Costs 200 Image."

[b]~ I want to order Accessories! ~[/b]
Which Item(s)?:
Quantity:
Color (If applicable):
How many Sand Dollars is that in total?:
Applied to which Wavetail? (Please provide image):
Anything Else I should know?:

.:Breeding Items:.
These are items needed to breed your wavetail cats. They can only be applied on the Breeding Thread (link in Directory).

.:Potions:.

"A Love potion. Using this will result in 2-3 offspring. It can only be used once. Costs 150 Image"

"A super love potion! Using this item will result in 4-6 offspring. It can be used only once. Costs 210 Image"

"An eye potion! This will whange the color of your wavetail's eyes. It can be used only once. Costs 200 Image."

"A Hippogriff potion! This will turn a gryphon wavetail into a Hippogriff. I can only be used once. Costs 200 Image."
[b]~ I want to order Potions! ~[/b]
Which Potion(s)?:
Quantity:
How many sand dollars is that in total?:
Anything else I should know?:

The Store items are a bit of a WIP. More items will be added as time goes by, so check back often.
Last edited by mothstrand on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:The Bank:.

Annabelle leads you out of the store and into yet another cave, this one quite ornate. "This is the bank," she tells you. "It's where we keep track of how much money everyone has." You gaze around the cave, noticing the high ceilings and the huge chandelier. "What's currency here?" You ask. "Oh yes, I nearly forgot about that." Annabelle says. "Currency here is called Sand Dollars." She once again reaches behind herself and pulls something out of seemingly nowhere. She holds it up for you to see. "This is what a Sand Dollar looks like." Image You nod, and say; "So, how do I get these Sand Dollars?"
"By exchanging your CS pets!" Annabelle leads you over to a big chart on the wall. "This chart will show you how many Sand Dollars you get for each pet."

.:Exchange Rates:.

Pets

OMG So Common = 10 Image

Very Common = 30 Image

Common = 50 Image

Uncommon = 100 Image

Rare = 1,000 Image

Very Rare = 3,000 Image

OMG So Rare = Infinite Image

There is a 5 Sand Dollar bonus for each wishlist pet.

Please send all exchanges to { Saphira }.

"All right," you say. "That's all fine and dandy, but how do I keep track of how many Sand Dollars I have?"
"Right this way," Annabelle replies. She leads you over to a large screen and types in a few commands on a nearby keyboard. A list pops up, on which there are many names. Beside each name is a Sand Dollar total. "Here's where we keep track of everyone's total," She says. "The list is in alphabetical order. Just find your name and it will tell you how many Sand Dollars you have on your account."

.:Accounts:.

Arabella. - 310 Image

XxBlueAngelxX - 3,005 Image

BrokenShadows - 1,095 Image

Elwing - 600 Image

Frozen~Flame - 855 Image

Little~black~kitten - 1,200 Image

Petalfur - 130 Image

Pugmaster - 180 Image

{ Saphira } - Infinite Image

Saphira344 - 1,085 Image

*Simon* - 300 Image

Simon & Marcy - 0 Image

Skittlesky12 - 1,055 Image

-Snowy- - 380 Image
Last edited by mothstrand on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 31 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:Customs:.

Postby mothstrand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:44 pm

You follow Annabelle into a fifth cave, this one a bit smaller than the rest. "This is where you can get a custom Wavetail Cat, exactly how you want it too look." She says. "It can take anywhere from a few hours to several weeks for a custom to be made, so you must be patient." She pulls out another list. "We do have a few more rules for the customs, if you don't mind."

.:Custom Rules:.

1. Please do not complain if there are no custom slots open.
2. Please don't beg for a custom, or continue to prod the artists to finish your custom.
3. Please do not repost your custom form.

So, you've decided you want a custom?
There are a few things you should know...
1. Customs cost 150 Sand Dollars.
2. There are limited slots, so please don't complain if there aren't any open at the moment.

Customs Are:
Open/ Closed (Sorry guys, I need some time to finish the orders.)

Here are the slots:

1. -- Pugmaster
2. -- S c a r l e t t
3. -- Dream Believer
4. -- *Simon*
5. -- Simon & Marcy
6. -- Elwing
7. --
8. --
9. --
10. --

~ I Would like a Custom Wavetail Cat! ~
[b]Wavetail's Name:[/b]
[b]Wavetail's Gender:[/b]
[b]PPS, Yes or No?:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Reference (Optional):[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Last edited by mothstrand on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 22 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:Events:.

Postby mothstrand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Annabelle leads you out of the Customs Center and up to a large pavilion in the middle of the square. "What's this?" You ask. "Wavetails are very festive animals, and we like to celebrate things. We often have events going, so check back here often to see what's going on."

.:Current Events:.

Happy holidays! I'm Frosty, the Mascot of the Christmas Event this year. I'm owned by { Saphira }. I'll be hosting all of the Chrismas games, raffles, and events this year.

What's going on this Holiday Season?
We have lots of games going on this winter! There will soon be some limited-time Christmas Items for sale in the store, and there will be plenty of games going on! We may even have a special Christmas Store with special currency at some point!
~~~~~~
.:Games:.
Gift-Quoting Game
If you see the above present in any of my posts (this one does not count), quote it and say; "I wanna open that present!" If you are the first one to do so, you will receive a special gift!

Cat Carrier-Quoting Game
If you see the above image in any of my posts (this one doesn't count), quote it and say "I want the fuzzy!" If you are the first one to do so, you will receive a Christmas-Themed Wavetail!

Stocking Game
Stockings (see above image) are collectible items, and each one is different. They can be used to decorate your Wavetail Cats. I will occasionally post one. When I do, write a short story (5 sentences minimum) that involves the stocking. The first person to do this gets to keep the stocking!

Simon's Sock Tail Game
This lovely game is hosted by one of our General Helpers, *Simon*. Click here to find out how it works!

Last edited by mothstrand on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:Banners & Affiliates:.

Postby mothstrand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Want to show support for Wavetail Cats? Put this banner in your signature!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2039098&p=63302767#p63302576][img]http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/Elora_Benzakein/WTBanner_zps0de76e11.png[/img][/url]

Image Image Image

Please PM { Saphira } if you wish to be Affiliates.
Last edited by mothstrand on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wavetail Cats Grand Opening!

Postby mothstrand » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Open for posting! :)
trade thread
mothstrand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wavetail Cats | V.1 | Grand Opening!

Postby slug » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 am

~ I want to Adopt a Wavetail Cat! ~
Username:Yui
Litter Number:1
Wavetail Number:3
Wavetail's Name (put WIP if you would rather think of it later):WIP
Wavetail's Gender (Again, put WIP if you'd rather think of it later):WIP
Codeword:first litter
Anything else?:thank u
slug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wavetail Cats | V.1 | Grand Opening!

Postby JourneyMaster » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 am

~ I want to Adopt a Wavetail Cat! ~
Username: Elwing
Litter Number: 1
Wavetail Number: 4
Wavetail's Name (put WIP if you would rather think of it later): WIP
Wavetail's Gender (Again, put WIP if you'd rather think of it later): WIP
Codeword: First Litter!
Anything else?:Thank you! This looks like a good, cute adoptable! I'm excited to see it grow :)
Hi all! I'm (hopefully) back from a very long absence. So sorry for leaving you all hanging! I won't be online as often as I used to, but I'll be around :)

It is my goal to collect every butterfly wolf, please send me a trade to help me reach this goal!

Pân i valt law thilia,
Law pain i reviar mistar aen;
Iaur i vell law thinnatha,
O lith naur echuiathar aen,
Calad od dúath thuiatha;
Adamminen i vagol vreithannen,
Pen-thôl ad echannen i aran.
JourneyMaster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery