Saff's writing storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Saff's writing storage

Postby endless shelter;; » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:34 am

Realise I don't have one of these yet, oopsie!

A little cave of various stories and writing that I have used here for cs purposes, usually pieces i accidentally went over the word counts for or general tidbits to have organised together :)
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Saff's writing - extended writing for kal #2208

Postby endless shelter;; » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:22 am

Extended writing piece for kalon #2208

(772 words WHEEZES lordd)
(NOTE: this isn't part of the actual contest, the official submission is below the max word count, this is just to have all the pre-cut down stuff somewhere)
-------------

"Oh, heavens, you're askin' about that ol' tale again, huh? Alright, alright... The forest cult, right? Wha? Haven't told you about that one! Hah! Get ready, you old coots, yer in for a ride."

Aestaire was not a child with much to her name, nor was she one with someone able to tend to her. From a young age, she found herself risking life and limb, snatching up petty pennies and apparent treasures, the latter often revealing to be a set up or coupe. Fortune did not tend to follow the young kalon - that was, until one of her attempts to seek what she was told was a pure gold bar, hidden deep within the forests, within an old, abandoned home.

Aestaire had nothing to lose, and so she went for it.

She was not prepared for what was inside the home, which was oddly easy to enter as it was, which made her question if the gold was even there, and who was planted nearby. Yet, she still searched. She was still young, and her excuses managed to avoid heavy consequences. Under a particularly loose floorboard, she found it. Solid gold. Confirmed as she clawed into it, reassuring her it was neither pyrite nor coated iron.

She had planned to leave quickly after her discovery, before yelling and a howl was heard in a distance.

Someone was around, and they were storming through, able to hear their steps growing ever louder, she hid herself amongst the rubble of the home. What entered was not fully wolf, nor fully kalon - it was a werebeast; ever clear by the light of the full moon reaching into the hut, revealinng itself. They growled, and stalked, knocking into already tattered furniture before they suddenly stopped. A scent had caught their interest. Their growls turned to snarls as they learned their stash had been stolen, and the scent left behind guided them to the culprit. They were headed towards her, about to reach between with claws and teeth-

Until they suddenly fell to the sound of a bang.

She watched the werebeast fall, and slump further. Aestaire held her breath as she watched a gruff, ruffled kalon blow away smoke - a gunslinger. He silently strode towards the body, inspecting it, before pushing it aside, nearing her; stopping just between the cracks.

She expected an arm to drag her out, and steal off her find - or worse, but instead, a deep, rumbling voice spoke as gently as it could manage, "You alright there? It's safe now. I won't bring ya any harm, I promise."

Against her better judgement, she peered out towards him. The kalon took a step back, "You found the treasure, didn't ya? Impressive. But what's a kid doing out here for something like that? ... You got anyone?"

She shook her head.

"Looking for a score to get yourself comfortable, then?"

She nodded.

"... Right. I get it, kid. Been there myself. Though I never managed to keep after myself the way you seem to be doing."

She stepped out, cautiously, curiously, "What do you mean?"

He knelt before continuing, "It's a long story... One we could share if you'd be happy to leave here with me - doesn't seem you've got a place to go, am I right? Swear on my heart I'm not plannin' anything cruel with ya, you seem bright, kid, and someone like that I could use to help me around."

"... Are you kidnapping me?"

He stared, before bursting out with laughter, "No, no! Well... It can seem that way, I suppose... Think of it this way, what do you say to me taking you as something of an... Employee, free to go whenever you please, but, you know, ya help me around?"

Aestaire contemplated, before nodding, and heading to him, "Sure. I keep my gold though."

"Of course, kid. Of course. Speakin' of which, what's yer name?"

"Aestaire."

"Fancy that. Come along then!" He beamed, flicking his tale behind as she caught up, and he veered her from the former ugly site.

As they began to walk, Aestaire spoke up, "... This is nicer than the vampires."

"Hu-thewhat-" He stared, gobsmacked, "Whutduyemean-"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you on the way." She teased, happy with his response to her use of his words, "After you tell yours."

"After that drop, ya sure better, missy!"

"Look, he taught me everything I needed, and how to get me out of the paranormal trouble I always seemed to get into. Getting into them... Honours him, in a way - hah! He's not dead! Death spat him back out. Don't ask. Actually, do. Let me tell you-"
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me