Okay so I have a story idea... (Opinions please)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Okay how bad is it?

1 - I really like it, I would read it!
75%
25%
3 - Meh, I really don't care
No votes
No votes
5 -Give up on it, Scrap the idea
No votes

Total votes : 4

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:32 am

Okay so I have an idea for a story that I really want to complete. I originally thought it up for my Creative Writing class, but now I'm just in love with the idea and the characters even though I have done no world building or character development at all yet. So I'm gonna take it as a sign, I guess? But yeah the project was a romance story that only needs to be 5-10 pages, so I'll do that with one of the actual falling in love scenes, but I would love to turn it into something more than just a school project. If you know what I mean... So uh yeah, since I have a need to hear other people's opinions um, would y'all read this idea and lemme know if it sucks or if I should actually make this into something. Possibly like a book series, a graphic novel format in the future if I can figure out how to draw that... So yea, please lemme know if you like it or you think it sucks.

I would really like some title ideas for this story, so if you are struck with a brilliant Idea for the title of this story. (Or maybe series?) I dunno, I just need ideas, because for some reason my brain is stuck when it comes to that specific part. Umm, yeah. If this gets enough attention I could write the story here? I mean it would follow all the rules for CS, no swearing or spicy scenes, if any, will fade to black, because this also needs to be 'school appropriate.' So Uhh, yeah. :)

If you have any suggestions for something to include or change because it doesn't make sense, I would love that too! This is just a very rough outline, so it will have some massive gaps but I'mm work those out as I go! If you have ideas you are willing to share, please give! Thank you!!

Okay so I'm gonna put the idea on the next post because I don't want this one to be super long and really wordy, even thought it already kind of is... Sorry about that ;-;
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:33 am

Word/Character Key Thing:
G1 = Main Female Character
M1 = 1st Main Male Character
M2 = 2nd Main Male Character
M3 = The son of a noble that G1 was talking to

The Idea: Part 1

• G1 wakes up after a ‘failed assassination attempt that left her in a coma for 3 weeks.’ She has no memories of where she was, who she is, or who anyone around her is. Previously she had been engaged to, M1, the current king, who is madly in love with her. The doctors find she has no visible mark whatsoever from the attempt on her life, which has just baffled them completely. She has no memory of who or where she is. When she is told that she is going to be the queen of this country, she panics. That is a lot to throw at someone who just came out of a coma and doesn't remember anything, ya know? She has no idea how to run a kingdom anymore or care for its people. She doesn't remember the customs from before the attack.
  • Now M1 is madly in love with her, they were engaged as an arranged marriage thing, but it was one of those where it worked out great. He is having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that she doesn’t remember anything, not even him. But why does he seem angry about it, not sad, but angry? After G1 is cleared to go back to her daily life, or what had been her daily life before the attack, she must now learn everything all over again.
  • G1 gets odd flashbacks into what she thinks are past memories. It happens when she touches and/or uses certain objects that were significant in her life before the attack. These all give her clues as to what her life was before everything changed. So everything is starting to come back to her little by little, but it's only fragments so it's confusing. G1 is on her way back from M1's office when she passes a hooded figure in the hallway and feels a internal pull towards the person, or something the person carried? She did not see what they looked like, but there was an internal tugging in her chest that got stronger the father the hooded person walked from her. She fought the feeling, returning to her room being like, 'what the hecc was that about?'
  • M1 has been 'busy' managing the castle affairs and everything that needs to be done around the castle so he hasn't had time to go and see G1. All the while G1 is relearning how to do things, with bits of it coming back to her each and everyday due to the memories and weird flashbacks that she can't figure out why she's getting. The pull in her chest never seems to go away, it's like a constant aching tug on her heart.
  • On one specific day the pull was so hard that it radiated dull pain through her chest and body. On that day an envoy from another country had just been sent back to their homeland. She didn’t think much of it as she didn’t know anyone anymore. Maybe she had known someone previously? She had no idea, and dismissed the thoughts. Day after day the pain was there, aching and burning, until it wasn't there. She thought nothing of it, thinking that it was a blessing that the pain was gone. She had no idea that it meant something. That night G! fell asleep and had a very interesting dream.
  • G1 was talking M3, the son of one of the nobles in the castle, they had been very good friends for as long as either of them can remember. But M1 confronted her about being with M3 and they had a huge argument, with G1 trying to tell M1 that they were just friends and she thought of M3 as a brother, and nothing else. M1 wouldn't hear it, he was blinded by hate and rage so M1 paid off an assassin to dispose of M3. So sad times. To cover up what he had done to M3, before the deed was done to M3, he had someone slip a sleeping drug into G1's drink, threatening one of the leaders of the foreign country delegation so give it to her at a party the he hosted. Spinning the tail that M3 had killed tried to kill G1 by putting something in her drink at the party and then drank the poison himself to no reap the consequences of his actions towards the future queen.
  • G1 woke up in a cold sweat when the dream ended with her falling to the floor that night an excruciating pain in her head. She had no idea what the dream was or that it was an actual flash back into what had happened that night. She was confused and had no idea what it was about or if it was trying to tell her something. Starting to put all the pieces together she, while thinking about it she realized that the other weird dreams and flashbacks had all been connected to this event. What the hecc was happening to her. She decided to go and see one of the doctors that had cared for her when she had woken up.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Okay so I have a story idea... (Opinions please)

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:19 am

The Idea: Part 2

• G1 goes to the Healer/Doctors little like wing or whatever it's called. The doctors tell her all that they know, telling her that normally poison would have left some sort of mark on her or the person who said the incantation to make the poison work. G1 is like ''but how am I not dead then, if I was poisoned?' The doctor tells her that not all poisons are meant to kill people, and it must have been one of those. The doctor then mentions someone with a strange mark on their arm after the party, returning to the diplomatic side of the castle. But G1 says that the delegations had returned to their home country 2 weeks ago.
  • G1 then talks about the aching in her chest and the pain she had experienced earlier. The doctor goes sorta pale and G1 is kinda concerned about it. She has no idea what is happening. The doctor tells G1 to wait there while they go grab something. They come back with a dusty old book. They told G1 that M1 had borrowed this book recently from them for what he said was a personal reason. So with him being the king they had no right to ask further questions.
  • The doctor explains that this book holds information about the effects of different poisons, and one of the effects for a certain one matched what G1 was feeling. The doctor said that it was extremely rare and they had personally never seen a case of it until G1. The doctor asks G1 if she would like to borrow the book to see if she can learn more about what ever this was. G1 gratefully accepts the book, gives the doctor her thanks and returns to her room.
  • As she is returning to her room G1 runs into M1, literally and she falls, but he catches her. When he touches her it feels like her veins are on fire. What was happening to her? M1 looks very concerned and lets her go, and the pain vanishes as quickly as it had come, leaving G1 shaky, pale, and sweating. G1 hurries to her room after assuring M1 that she was fine and it was just G1 not feeling well and that she needed to get some rest. M1 seemed to agree, but there was a slight darkness in his eyes when she looked at them.
  • Once in her room G1 flipped through the book and started looking for the poison that the doctor had mentioned. She quickly found it and started reading about it, finding out that it not a poison but a love potion. It had an interesting affect, causing a strong bond between the giver and the recipient. This was the love potion affect. Thinking everything through, why would M1 give her a love potion for her to fall in love with someone else? Unless he didn't know about the side effects. M1 was the type to just get the recipe and have someone make it for him, she doubted that he read it thoroughly enough to find the fine details.
  • G1 goes to M1 while he is in the middle of a meeting with all the officials of the castle. She does this on purpose so that he will have to choice but to accept her request. She announces to him that she has found a way to find the assassin that tried to kill her, and that she wanted to be the one to find them. The council was stunned obviously, they thought it was a good idea to find the person who tried to assassinate her. G1 saw M1's eye narrow and a look of worry spread across his face, which was when she knew that her theory was true.
  • With everyone looking at M1, there was nothing that he could do except to tell her that she could go. But he assigned her a group of guards. But what concerned the council causing one of them to speak up was the fact that he was sending a group of low ranking soldiers to go with her. Why wouldn't he send more qualified warriors to guard his future queen. M1 managed to smooth it over by telling them that it would be less suspicious that way. And that he should stay here in order for it to not look like something was up to the other countries who could try to take advantage of this moment.
  • Of course they all thought that this was a brilliant idea, and complemented him on thinking everything through so well. G1 however knew something was up, but she didn't know what. She knew she would have to be careful now, M1 looked worried when she said she wanted to go herself. Perhaps he knew that he could not pay her off to keep quiet about what he had done. This made G1 nervous. What was he planning?
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:44 am

The Idea: Part 3
*Sorry it's a little long...*

• Now they are getting ready to leave the kingdom. The travel time was about 5 days to get to the border of the other country. They were camped out near the border under the cover of trees when a group of mercenaries ambushed them during the night. No one was left alive, or so they thought. G1 managed to survive, surprise! Main character has to survive, right? Anyway, so yeah everyone died except for G1, but she was very close to death.
  • She just kinda blacked out, probably from blood loss, or pain. But she woke up a couple days later and she was on a soft bed in a decent size room, way smaller than hers at the castle, but it was nice. It felt cozy to her. When she woke up she heard noises coming from beside her and looked over to see a tall dude leaning over a table messing with something that was in a bowl on the table. G1 had no energy so she couldn't cry out, she honestly thought it was a dream. But the dude must have sensed something as he turned and his eyes fell on G1, noticing that she was awake.
  • When he looked at her and she met his eyes, again there was a burning in her veins and chest. But this time it was a good pain. One that she never wanted to got away. It was so much better than the pain she had felt when she was around M1. The dude walked over to her and put a cool cloth on her forehead. She got kinda spooked and tried to move away but then cringes when a sharp pain radiateds from her side. Not the kind of pain like when she was with M1, but physical pain.
  • When she hissed in pain the dude told her to be still. He told her about how he had found her while on a scout mission, everyone else had died, but she was still alive despite loosing a lot of blood. He told her that she needed rest and that she was in good hands. G1 paniced when she realized she was wearing different close. the dude seemed to notice because he smiled and said that he had sent female servants in tho help her change and that he was not present.
  • G1 is very sleepy, and the dude tells her to sleep, before she drifts off she notices the mark on his bicep, but she can't say anything as she falls asleep right after. She doesn't remember anything and wakes up the next day to see the dude, who is M2, sitting in a chair, head resting against the side, sleeping. She wondered if he had been there all night. She thought it was kind of sweet if he had been. But then she was like 'what am I thinking? I don't even know him!'
  • But she wanted to get to know him. He seemed sweet. And the pain that had been aching in her chest now felt like her heart was going to explode. It was beating fast and she could feel her face going red. He was very good looking. When he had spoke to her yesterday the burning in her veins had spiked and it felt like sinking into a lovely hot bath and feeling the warmth surround you.
  • He woke up and realized the she was awake and told her he was going to go get the doctor to make sure she was doing okay. G1 tried to tell him she was okay but he had shut the door behind him before she could say a word. Was it because he didn't want to be in her presence. She had no idea
  • He came back with the doctor just like he said he would. and the doctor declared that she was healing very well and could now get out of bed and do some light things. M2 said he was very glad that G1 was okay, and told her that he would send in some servants with some clothes that she could pick from. As hers had a massive hole sliced into the side of it, so it had been thrown out. G1 thanked him as he left and again saw the mark on his bicep. Making a mental note to ask him about it later, if she saw him again.
  • Nice time talking with the servants that helped her change the bandages on her side and then helped her get dressed into something loose but still elegant. Flowy shirt and some black pants and boots? Yeah I like it. G1 asked where she was and they told her that she was in the summer palace of this countries leader. She asked who the leader was and the people giggled and told her that it was M2. They said that they had never seen him be so attentive to anyone before she got here. G1 turned red when they said that.
  • One tour of the summer palace later and M2 came to see her to make sure she was okay. He asked her if she needed anything and she said that she had something she wanted to ask him. She asked him why he had saved her when he had no idea who she was. and he answered it very simply. So then she asked about the mark on his Bicep and he said which one. He showed her his arm and there was the strange mark but in the center of that mark was a branded X. She asked him what that was and he told her siply that he had been threatens with a war by the neighboring kingdoms leader and so he had made a deal out of fear. All he had to do was give a simple love potion to the queen-to-be of that kingdom at the masquerade party that the king was hosting. After the deal was made the King had branded and X onto his arm, marking him so that if he ever betrayed him then he could hunt him down. After he had done what he was asked the mark had appeared on his bicep with the X in the middle of it.
  • G1 thought it was very morbid, but his story matched her dreams and what the book had said about the effects of the love potion on both the giver and recipient. G1 told him that she was the one he had given the love potion too and he was confused. He lloked at her for a second and then he stood. He asked her what she was doing here and she told him that she was looking for the person who had given it to her, and killed her best friend. M2 said he had never killed anybody during his stay at the palace, only giving her the potion as he knew if wouldn't kill her. Yes he was threatened but he had boundaries where he would draw the line.
  • After chitchat about that event G1 showed him the book that she had brought with her, the scouts had found in her back that was over her shoulder. Being respectful people, they hadn't gone through her bag. Wow, amazing! Anyway G1 showed him the book and then they developed a deeper understanding about what in the world was happening.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:45 am

The Idea: Part 4

• Yes so they now have a deeper understanding and G1 tells M2 that she is developing a plan to reveal to everyone what the King had done, but it would be very difficult as everyone loved him and knew he would never do such a thing. M2 admitted that they had managed to capture one of the ambushes that killed the convoy. G1 asked to be taken to them so she could ask some questions and M2 said that she could, but he was going with her to be sure she was safe.
  • One uneventful trip down to the dungeon later and G1 was face to face with one of the people who had tried to kill her. The bad person looked very surprised and scared when she saw the G1 was alive. Her eyes were wide and she started begging for her life. She said that she had been threatened and the person would kill her family if she didn't do what he asked of her. She swore to tall them everything that she knew, in exchange for her returning to her children and husband.
  • She admitted that the King of the other kingdom had threatened her so that she did what he wanted and that she had done it out of fear. M2 asked her if he could look at her arm and she agreed, asking why he wanted to, but he didn't answer, instead promised that he wouldn't hurt her. She watched with wide eyes as M2 cut her sleeve off and there on her arm was the same X brand that M2 had on his arm. He looked back to G1 and told her that what she was saying was true.
  • The mercenary begged for them to not tell the King that they had failed as they had sent a message that the missions was complete and he would not spare them or their families if G1 turned up alive. M2 promised her and the others who were threatened by the king that they would be safe here and could become citizens as well as their families if they swore loyalty to M2 and G1.
  • G1 was taken aback by this. Loyalty to her? She was not the leader of this country M2 was. She didn't have any power. Then she thought back to what the servants had said to her while they were getting her dressed. G1 started blushing and M2 seemed to notice that he had said something and was about to ask when the bad person said that she would get the word out to the others that were also threatened to do it.
  • M2 thanked her and told the guards to release her from the chains and give her the guest suite in the summer palace. The guards looked stunned at M2 and then one spoke up saying the G1 was in the guest suite already. M2 nodded saying that he knew that. He turned to G1 and told her that she could stay in his quarters for the time being, and he can sleep on the couch in the other room. G1 went as red as a tomato lmao, share a room with M2? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • M2 was true to his word, making sure that she was comfortable and had everything she needed he left her to get ready for bed. After she had gotten ready there was a knock on the door and she called for the person to come in. It was M2. He looked at her and she saw his cheeks flush a little pink before he looked down at the floor and walked over to the side of the bed, which G1 was sitting on. G1 was nervous, what was he doing?
  • M2 leaned down over G1 and G1 could hear her heart beating a thousand miles per hour. What was he doing? He pulled away and held up a small book that had been under the pillow. Saying that he forgot his book and he wanted to read some of it before he went to sleep. G1 nodded and tried to force her heart to clam down, what had she been waiting for, wanting? No, Never. He said goodnight and then left the room and G1 to her thoughts. WHAT WAS THAT?
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:15 am

The Idea: Part 5

• One slight time skip later all the families of the threatened people were safe in this kingdom away from the neighboring kingdom and its king. M2 and G1 had heard the news that the King had announced that G1 had been killed while traveling to find out who her assailant was. The king appeared sad and to the people he was, but G1 knew him better. He used that face when he was dealing with something that he was trying to hide how he really felt.
  • M2 said that this confirmed what the bad person had told them about who had hired her. G1 agreed. Apparently M1 was not the person she had thought he was. Was anything he had felt for her real? She had been faithful to him everyday. And now he was casting her to the side as if she meant nothing to him. Had never meant anything to him. Yeah, she was pretty angry about that.
  • G1 said that the people need to know what really happened and that their king is a horrible person who will do anything to keep power. Maybe he had once loved G1, and G1 had once loved him, but all those feeling were gone. He had killed her friend out of jealousy despite her telling him they were just friends, siblings even. It was like G1 didn't even know him anymore.
  • G1 noticed the M2 was looking at her, he had said something and was looking at her for an answer. She asked him what she had said and he asked her if she was okay. She told him how she was feeling, and it brought up some tears, and he pulled her close and promised to never let anything hurt her ever again.
  • The next morning G1 woke up in M2's bed with M2 sleeping peacefully next to her. How did this happen? Did they do anything last night? She kinda panicked at the thought. But she didn't wake him. There was something about him laying there peacefully She felt safe with him laying next to her. Then she remembered everything last night. She had told him everything and he had pulled her into a firm hug.
  • He had told her the he would keep her safe, that he wouldn't let anything hurt her ever again. She had succumbed to the feeling inside her. This man made her feel at ease. She must have fallen asleep in his arms so he had carried her to the bed for her to sleep. She was sure now that they hadn't done anything that night, well other than cuddle. She closed her eyes and fell back asleep feeling safe and secure in his arms.
  • More timeskip and they are getting ready to go back to G1's original kingdom so that she can confront M1 about all the crap he has done, and why he did it. She wanted to know what happened to make him like this. So they start their 5 day journey back to the other kingdom. M2 would not let G1 go without him as it was too dangerous to let her go alone. He refused to leave her side, like a loyal guard doggo. So cute!
  • G1 knew what she felt for M2, but she feared that his feelings were just a form of pity and that he just wanted her safe. It's so obvious girl, he likes you! So she keeps her feelings to herself and doesn't say anything to M2, but asks him to help her with things during the journey just to that she had a reason to be close to him the whole time.
  • M2 had asked his group of close knights if they would come with, for safety purposes, and they agreed because he is their king, so yeah. That night when they stopped again to rest from their long march back, G1 couldn't sleep. She had seen a river close by when they were setting up camp and she had gone to get them all some water from the river while the others were setting up the camp earlier.
  • G1 couldn't leep so she walked down to the river again. The night was warm so she decided to put her feet in the water, she had not worn shoes because she was ready for bead and screw shoes. So she just sat with her feet in the river. M2 had seen her leave the camp and was worried about her because she should be sleeping not wandering around. So naturally he followed her as he was off guard shift.
  • G1 turns and looks at him as he sits beside her. They sit in silence for a little bit before G1 anska if she is doing the right thing. They talk about this and they talk about G1's relationship with M1 and M2 says that she is doing the right thing and that the people have a right to know what their king has done, and what he might do again. G1 asks him why he came with her. He could be putting his country in danger. He tells her that the other King would find a reason to go to war regardless, and the he would Gladly fight a war for to make sure the G1 is safe.
  • M2 gives G1 a smooch and G1 looks surprised. M2 thinks that he overstepped and started to apologize to G1, but G1 pulls him closer and gives him a smooch back. They confess their feelings for each other and have a great romantic time. I might add a fade to black here if I feel like it later.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:37 am

The Idea: Part 6 - FINAL PART

• So both G1 and M2 wake up happy the next morning and G1 is ready to face M1 about this. She knows that M2 will back her up and make sure she is safe, but sh also doesn't want him to get hurt either. They finally reach the castle and M2 requests a meeting with the king. G1 is dressed in a hooded cloak and is disguised as a servant of M2.
  • The king agrees to give M2 the audience, but it is in front of the council and civilian witnesses as well as journalists who come to record the goings on of the palaces. M2 walks in in his fancy king of the other country uniform thing, which is gonna be pretty cool, and G1 likes it a lot. M2 greets the king, bowing to him first, but G1 can't bring herself to bow to the man she once loved who had tried to kill her.
  • M1 remarks about this to M2 telling him that his servant is disrespecting him and that the servant can be thrown in jail. M2 looks over at G1 who is looking at M2. She gives him a look and a slight nod that says she is ready. M2 nods back a barely visible movement. M2 smiles sweetly up at the king, standing up tall, his guards all on alert in case something happened.
  • M2 makes a swag sassy comment to M1 and M1 is like, 'how dare you.' and then G1 steps forward and lowers the hood of her cloak to reveal herself. There are shocked gasps from everywhere around the room and the King stands up quickly looking surprised and angry. He asks the basic question of how are you alive and that he made sure she was dead. and then there were MORE gasps from about the room.
  • M1 becomes very angry and starts toward M2, probably going to try to attack him in some way. But G1 tells him that this was her Idea, not M2's and M1 changes paths and starts towards her instead, calling her some not friendly names that are still appropriate and non swearish. But then in a blur of motion M2 is standing in front of G1 and then M1 is staggering backwards into a pillar. M2 punched him in the jaw real good.
  • M2 turns to G1 and pulls her close to him, asking her if she is okay. G1 says she is fine thanks to him. And all the while M1 is angry but can't do anything as all the people in the room are whispering to each other about what is happening. G1 was alive and M1, the king, had said that he made sure that she was dead? What did that mean?
  • G1 knew their work here was done. so she looked up at M2 and said that they should go back to M2's kingdom now. M2 nodded and placed his hand on her back guiding her out of the throne room. M1 was furious and called after them, saying that if G1 left him he would not rest until M2 and everything her loved was destroyed. M2 payed no attention to this, but it stuck with G1 as they walked out.
  • When they got back to where they were staying, M2 said they should leave as soon as possible and started getting everything together. G1 grabbed his arm and stopped him looking up at him with tears in her eyes. She told him that he shouldn't have stepped infront of her. Now M1 was going to take his anger out on M2 and the kingdom he ruled.
  • M2 pulled her close to him and gave her a soft smooch telling her that he would stand by her side through everything, but then asked if she would stand by his. G1 asked what he meant and he got on one knee, holding her hand and looking up at her. He than asked her if she would become his queen.

END , I hope you liked :D
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Opinions on story idea? would like feedback

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:39 am

Hi! Please tell me what you think about it! Feel free to post!
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me