Sandy Roots and Dense Leaves

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Sandy Roots and Dense Leaves

Postby everydeysnek » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:32 am

• A Rocky Proposal •

• • • VoleskipPalefleck • • • • • • InkdazzleFrogclaw • • • • Boughbranch • • • PantherpawRookpaw

The luminescent morning dew shimmers across the wispy blades of grass, creating a ray of many hues that lay upon the ceiling of the petite den. Voleskip’s eyes flutter open and gaze upon this luxurious sight, while thriving in the coziness of her bedding. Yet, she realizes that she isn’t feeling as content as she should be. Her tail patters against her mate, Palefleck's paws as she glances towards where the light is coming from. The gentle beams remind her of her clan’s name, Rayclan, which seem to hum an unspoken proposal about her future. As Voleskip looks beyond the grass to the sands of the beach that she knows so well, Palefleck purrs a good morning, "You look a little lost in thought hun, are you alright?" Voleskip turns back to him with a coy smile and gently touches her nose against his, "Yes, I think so. I just came up with a crazy idea that I'd like to try." He smirks, "And what would that be?" Voleskip dips and shakes her head, "Not here, come with me." Palefleck chuckles and is intrigued as he stretches to follow her. They leave the den as the light graces their faces, and they have to let their eyes adjust for a moment. "Let's grab Ink and Frog as well." Palefleck looks at her in confusion and raises an eyebrow, "What exactly are you planning? It's not another double date, right?" Voleskip giggles, "No, silly. It's a lot... bigger than that." She pauses slightly then saunters off to another warriors' den with Palefleck close behind her, who is trying to wait patiently for this big plan of hers.

Frogclaw awakens because of the bright morning light and nudging from more than one cat. She groans as Inkdazzle rubs his nose on her cheek, "Hhhi, alright I'm awake, I'm awake!" she gently headbutts Inkdazzle then looks up to see Voleskip staring at her intensely. He chuckles, "You know, they've been trying to get you up for a solid thirty seconds." "We have! Now lets go to where the sand meets the rocks so I can suggest my plan to you guys." Frogclaw looks to Palefleck with the same confused expression that he gave Voleskip, but he simply laughs and shrugs, "I don't know either." Inkdazzle purrs, "It's probably best if we accompany her. If you wish to find out what this is all about." Voleskip seems pleased with this statement and leads the group to the aforementioned spot, not saying a word until they get there.

Frogclaw is still only half awake and leans on Inkdazzle as soon as they stop. "So, what has you so excited this morning?" Voleskip breathes, "Ok, so you guys know this clan is huge right?" "Yeah, they probably don't even know we're gone right now." "Exactly. So.. I want to start my own clan, with us four." The group silently pondered for a moment, "Just us?" "Yeah! And Ink you can be my deputy so you would have a say in things as well." Frogclaw and Inkdazzle look at eachother with some uncertainty, then back to Voleskip. "This is pretty sudden and I'm not sure if this is a great idea. Our roots are here with Rayclan.. but, I suppose it would be nice to actually have a bit of adventure in our lives and start anew, what do you think love?" "Well.. I wouldn't mind, since I don't have any family here anymore, and you guys are my closest friends." The group gives wholehearted smiles in thanks, "I mean I basically don't either, but don't you have an apprentice?" "Oh. well, we could bring Pantherpaw along too! And the other apprentice she's head over heels for. I think it was Rookpaw." "Bring more cats? That would mean we'd have to steal Rookpaw from his mentor." Inkdazzle tilts his head in thought, "It could help us with numbers in the future if we do decide to go through with this. And I don't think his mentor cares all that much." Palefleck's ears perk up and he lightly nudges Voleskip, "We would probably need a medicine cat as well so we could at least have a fighting chance of surviving." He decides not to mention that Rayclan would be more upset at this than anything else. Voleskip knows this regardless, but also immediately knows which medicine cat to ask. "Oh wow ok, that's a good point. I know this is a lot, so I won't ask you to give me an answer now, but will you at least think it over? We would bring the apprentices and I think I can convince Boughbranch to come with us as well." "Of course we will." "Bough? Isn't he kind of weird?" The group laughs, "I think that it would be necessary to be a little weird in order to run away from the clan you've grown to heal." Voleskip turns to Palefleck lovingly, "You took the words right out of my mouth, you know me too well."
everydeysnek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me