A Prehistoric Writing Thread [DNP]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

A Prehistoric Writing Thread [DNP]

Postby DinoSaga » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:49 am

Here I will be posting all of my writing for ARPGs and such for easy linking and sharing :)

PLEASE DO NOT POST!!!!!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4609131][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZQP5pqK.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4612764][img]https://i.imgur.com/9K2Eyzf.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4609954][img]https://i.imgur.com/NasCbfJ.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeviantArt | Toyhou.se | Writing | Character Sales | Runes & Ruins

VoK|HW|★s|PM #115555#229999#44bbbb#bbbbbb#338877PFP

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Prehistoric Writing Thread [DNP]

Postby DinoSaga » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:15 am

T 04: [165/150] Explain the typical climate/weather of your territory, how do the seasons impact your group and their lifestyle?

Due to the mountains that sit to the northwest and southeast of the valley, its climate doesn't change much year-round. In the winter, the air is dry and chilly, with no more than a few inches of snow over the course of the first two months of the year. In spring, small flowers bloom up through the grass in blues and violets with the occasional tiger lily along the edge of the valley. Summers are warmer, though not overly hot due to the cool breeze that sweeps between the mountains frequently, and the air becomes a bit more humid. Fall is the prime season in the valley as leaves from the trees on the mountains and forest create a crunchy carpet, making hunting easier on the lions who know where to place their paws. Rainless thunderstorms roll over the very tops of the mountains during this time, which the pride calls the Roaring, where the manticore displays his happiness with the progress of its guardians.

Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:15 am

T 06: [176/150] Where has your group decided to establish a main 'base'? What makes it a good spot to call home?

The pride's main "base" is set in the Maze of Shadows - large, cylindrical, rocky outcroppings that stand in the northeast of the valley. They tower over the ground so close together that it creates an odd labyrinth of sorts, in which the lions sleep, eat, make medicine, raise their young, and hide their prey and various treasures. Dead ends in the maze create "rooms" of various sizes, including one near the entrance where the Jarl and his family sleep, to best keep an ear out for impending danger. Skati sit atop the pillars, solidifying into stone through their shifts to watch out for intruders, prey, wanderers, and the like. The land beneath the towers is made of solid rock, which keeps the lions cool in the summers. During the winter, they have to bring in soft materials or skin prey to lay on to keep warm. The height of the ground is tilted slightly and is raised above the clearing, which keeps rainwater from pooling amongst the maze and floodwater from reaching their sleeping place altogether.

Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:57 am

I 03: [151/150] Write this character's backstory, how they came to join the territory (or if they were born into it) how their childhood made them who they are

Roland's life began at the statue of the Manticore. When he was created - lions of the Stone are not born, but morphed out of the statue itself - he knew nothing more than his own name, Roland, and the name of the great statue that stood before him, the Manticore. Two large mountains loomed over him, and he knew that his only goal was to survive. Over three months, he slowly figured out how to hunt, how to swim, where to sleep, how to hide, and what dangers lay in the great world. He acquired his scars in this time, during a crocodile attack in which he also learned how to solidify himself into his stone form, the only thing that saved him. At the end of the three months, the statue granted him a companion, his brother Sigbrand, and together they made the valley their home and formed the Manticore's Pride.

Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:19 am

I 01: [157/150] Write out this character's basic personality

Roland had to learn how to become a leader from a very young age when his brother Sigbrand joined his cause - and destiny - to protect the Manticore. He is very emotionally immature, unsure of what to do with his feelings, or what they even are. He has trouble describing how he's feeling about things, preferring to lay things out directly and only taking note of physical or tangible things. He feels a strong sense of responsibility since he has to keep an eye on the entire valley and all of its lion residents, which causes him a lot of stress. He finds it very difficult to relax, always having to be doing something important, something for the better of the Pride, for the better of the land. He hopes to prove to the Manticore that he is worthy of this powerful position. To others, though, he just seems to be the strong, smart, leader they all need.

Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:33 am

I 03: [151/150] Write this character's backstory, how they came to join the territory (or if they were born into it) how their childhood made them who they are

Dotta started her life in the Valley of the Manticore as all other Guardians did. She morphed out of the stone one day when nobody was looking, knowing nothing more than her name, Dotta, and the name of the Manticore. She was found by Roland and Sigbrand, who were surprised to see a female, but took her in nonetheless. They taught her how to survive, everything from hunting to hiding to solidifying into stone, and she quickly became a very powerful huntress. After a few years, Sigbrand confessed his feelings for her, but she had always had her eye on the powerful leader, Roland. It took her a long time, but she eventually did earn his trust and started to help him lead the Valley. Eventually, the two declared their mateship, and now they work together, with Roland's brain and Dotta's heart, to keep the Manticore's pride safe, happy, and healthy.

Last edited by DinoSaga on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:51 am

I 01: [170/150] Write out this character's basic personality

Dotta is the epitome of motherhood. She is the most compassionate lion you will ever meet; kind, loving, nurturing to her very core. This does not impede her ability to hunt and provide for the pride, however, as she is one of the fastest lions in the Valley. She is very emotional, often blowing up in anger or excitement, unable to hold her feelings back even in situations where she definitely should. She is working on this, trying to be mindful of her emotions and contain herself when she needs to be, such as when she fulfills her duty as Kona of the pride. She is a lot more forgiving than her beloved mate but knows when it's absolutely necessary to put her foot down - or keep herself from stopping Roland from putting his foot down. One of her favorite things to do is visit prides where there are cubs, hoping to instill values of compassion and love into them from a young age, in case their pride falls short.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 am

I 03: [158/150] Write this character's backstory, how they came to join the territory (or if they were born into it) how their childhood made them who they are

When Sigbrand emerged from the Manticore, he stood face-to-face with another lion, a cup just barely older than he, who was scarred and looked relieved to see him. He knew only his name, Sigbrand, and that of the Manticore, but soon he learned the name of the other cub; Roland. The two would become brothers, both with the goal to lead the lions of the Valley to greatness. But for now, and for a while, there would only be them, the two brothers. Roland taught him everything he knew, how to survive and solidify himself into stone, and they worked out together how they would run the Valley. That is until a female lion entered the picture. Sigbrand quickly grew feelings for her, but she always showed love for Roland, and in the end he came to accept it, and knew he would one day find his mate, but for now he needed to do his duties alone.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:26 am

I 01: [159/150] Write out this character's basic personality

Sigbrand, being a Kappi, one of the Manticore Pride's fiercest and strongest warriors, is naturally quite jaded. He has no issue with blood, death, or injury. He has lost a few chips of stone to a crocodile or two in his time. He is much more personable and charismatic than Roland, however, able to be very diplomatic when necessary. He enjoys seeing the other lions and patrolling the perimeter of the entirety of the Manticore's land to ensure everyone's safety. He is the best strategist out there, able to come up with battle plans and traps for the enemy. He is great at finding and coming up with exploits for the enemy's weaknesses. In times of peace, or when he has free time, he is known to enjoy swimming. He knows of a secret cave that leads to an algae-illuminated pool where he loves to relax, watching the light bounce off the walls of the cave in abstract patterns.

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 am

I 02: Write 3 positive traits about this individual, and 3 negative ones

Roland:
    + Confident
    + Intelligent
    + Strong
    - Emotionally Immature
    - Controlling
    - Overbearing

Dotta:
    + Compassionate
    + Motivated
    + Understanding
    - Impatient
    - Rash
    - Too forgiving

Sigbrand:
    + Capable
    + Strategic
    + Charismatic
    - Jaded
    - Stubborn
    - Ruthless

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me