Eotc - Team Sleuth Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Eotc - Team Sleuth Writing

Postby alphatoros » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Last edited by alphatoros on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphatoros » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Prompt: Write your starter / partner's first battle ( min 100 words)
Characters: Piccolo | Buizel | They/them, Tomas | Mudbray | He/him

"Just use a move on me," the buizel encouraged, their arms spread wide in an inviting gesture, "we need to practice this. You start."
The mubray that stood across the sand filled pit shook his head and sighed heavily. "I didn't think I'd be using them on you, Piccolo."
"Fine," the buizel smirked, "I'll start."
Piccolo took in a deep breath, feeling the chill down their throat. Then, as though they were blowing out a candle, slowly let the air out. A beam of ice shot forward towards the mudbray, who quickly put up a phantasmal wall to protect himself from the damage.
"That's cheap!" Tomas shouted, the protective wall falling away as the Ice Beam ended.
"Yeah?" Piccolo laughed, bumping their fists together, "And what are you gonna do about it tough guy?"

Tomas reared up, his front legs dangling in the air as an orange glow surrounded his body.
"Oh dear." Piccolo deadpanned, their companion having landed on his front legs and charged directly at them. They tried to dodge the attack, but Tomas only turned his trajectory to match Piccolo's.
Tomas smashed into Piccolo, who was thrown a distance away with a heavy thud. He stopped exactly where he had hit his partner, stomping triumphantly.
"I'll beat you." Tomas responded coyly as Piccolo pulled themselves into a sitting position.
"Yeah, okay. Ouch," They grumbled, rubbing their forehead as a headache began to blossom, "but you haven't won yet."

With practiced easy Piccolo leapt to all fours, smirking through the pain. They began to run, a white trail of light appearing behind them as they picked up an intense speed. Tomas knew a Quick Attack when he saw one.
He rose onto his hind legs once more to attempt a Bulldoze, but Piccolo was too quick. Their paws became encased in a blue aura and, when they reached Tomas, leapt underneath his vulnerable stomach and punched it with all the force of the run.
Tomas was knocked backwards, off balance. He fell on his back and wheezed at the air that had left his lungs, taking in big gulps of air.

Piccolo fell to the ground next to their partner a second later, the adrenaline wearing off and an ache in their chest becoming very obvious.
Tomas, out of breath, began laughing. Piccolo turned to face him, a grin on their face.
"Call it a draw?" Tomas offered.
"A draw it is then," Piccolo agreed, huffing out a laugh, "We should probably go fix ourselves up though."
"Give me ten minutes." Tomas groaned.

[431/100 min]
Last edited by alphatoros on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphatoros » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Prompt: Write your starter / partner relaxing ( min 100 words)
Characters: Piccolo | Buizel | They/them, Tomas | Mudbray | He/him, Flea | Wooloo | She/her (mentioned)

Tomas walked into the sleeping cavern, a strange book clamped between his teeth. He leapt up a few of the larger boulders and into his his nook, curling up comfortably on the hay filled floor. Gently he lay the book on a protruding rock, one that was specifically used to hold books such as this one, and flipped it open with his nose.

Piccolo, one nook over, swung their hammock and grabbed onto a worn rock near the entrance. Now held in place, they could look at Tomas clearly. "Another book? Where did you even get that from?"
Tomas looked up from attempting to flip a page and looked directly at the buizel.
"A dragonite I saved today gave it to me, if you must know."
"How many of those do you need?"
Tomas lowered his ears and huffed, shaking his head, "Piccolo, not every book has the same information in them."
"Oh." Piccolo grinned, letting go of their hold as their paws began to ache. Unskilfully they removed themselves from the hammock, falling out of it's cloth embrace and onto the hard, stone floor with a thunk.

Tomas' ears perked at the sound and, to those who knew him well, smiled softly.

Piccolo scurried around the rock formation between the two partners and into Tomas' nook, sliding in next to their companion. Tomas shuffled as Piccolo wriggled up next to him.
"So what is it this time?" They asked and looked intently at the pages.

Tomas knew full well that Piccolo couldn't read.
"The Evolution of the Shiny Form."
Piccolo nodded knowingly, "For Flea?"
"She has an impressive coat."
"That she does." Piccolo agreed, crossing their arms and laying their head on them.

Tomas also knew that Piccolo couldn't care less about this book.
"Read it to me?" Piccolo asked.
"Of course." Tomas obliged.

[317/100 min]
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me