[DNP] ✧・゚:* ☆α нσρєfυℓ ѕтαят ☆ *:・゚✧ [DNP]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[DNP] ✧・゚:* ☆α нσρєfυℓ ѕтαят ☆ *:・゚✧ [DNP]

Postby teddy. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 am

~ 147 141 171 ~ ~ Jacob ~ Female ~
~ username ~ link to kalon ~ kalon name ~ kalon's biological gender ~

~ ~ ~

~ contest link ~ link to original form ~

~ personality ~

If Jacob had to describe himself in one word, it would be 'terrible'. He's a troublemaker for sure, never one to mind being on the wrong side of a prank. He's not exactly innocent himself, either; he's well known for being on the other side of a door with a bucket of water balanced precariously on top, and is barely ever without his prank hand buzzer. Despite his mischievousness, Jacob has a heart of gold. It takes a lot of prodding to get him to admit that he has this softer side, and he laughs off any accusations of his sweet streak.

~ origins ~
The breeze was warm against Jacob's fur, blowing up the dust around them as he made his way down the dirt road. The sun, high in the sky, burned down mercilessly on his weary back. His tongue hung out of his mouth as he stumbled foot over foot towards the tiny smudge on the horizon. Though he felt like he had been walking for hours on cracked, burning pads, the city seemed no closer, always just out of reach. Jacob felt his paw catch on something and down he went, landing with a hollow thud in a cloud of dust. He willed his body to move, to pick himself back up, but his weak limbs could do nothing. Jacob's eyelids fluttered, the clear blue sky and endless expanse of desert stretching out before him suddenly twisting and fading. He heard quick footsteps and a flash of a worried face before the world disappeared, plunging him into relieved darkness.

Jacob came to slowly, his senses returning one by one. First it was the wind, whistling a tune in his ears. Then it was a taste of metal on his tongue. All of a sudden the bitter cold bit into him and Jacob was awake, sitting straight up. He glanced around, head pounding from sitting up too fast. The room around him was cozy, a weak fire burning under a mantle decorated with pictures of friends and family. Nearby, a window was flung open by the wind and let in frigid air and snow. Jacob stumbled to his feet, a bit shaky. He pulled the window shut before settling back down on the couch, picking up a piece of paper the wind had blown off of an overcrowded desk. He stared at the paper for a moment, memory jogging as he stared at the familiar drawing. With a flash of comprehension, Jacob realized what was going on. This was a dream. It had to be. Thinking back, he had just been in the desert, trudging uselessly towards a city he'd never reached. Was this.. did he die? Was this the afterlife? Jacob shook himself a couple times to calm down, breath hitching. No, no. This was simply a dream of his past. He ran a paw over the drawing endearingly, admiring his own terrible crayon drawing of himself. He laid back with it for a bit, breathing in the smell of home deeply. The faint scent of something sweet cooking, the burning firewood, the wisp of outside air. The sound of crackling fire filled his ears as his eyelids began to droop again. Too late he realized that he was falling asleep again, and try as he might to keep himself awake, just long enough to take in a little more of his home, Jacob's eyes slid shut and he was bathed in darkness again.

Jacob's body felt heavy when he woke back up, all of his limbs deadweights. His eyelids could barely open, showing him a chaotic, blurry scene. Two shadowed figures above him grabbed and mixed things, one of them setting a cool, damp cloth on his burning forehead and murmuring something he couldn't hear. The whole world seemed to move slowly, everything blurry and out of focus. Jacob tried to push himself up, but his body was not listening, and he fell back yet again. His head was tilted back and something savory and warm poured into his throat. He gulped it down thankfully, managing to hold the bowl with his own paws for a moment. Then he laid back again, welcoming the blankness of sleep.

When Jacob woke up this time, he was somewhere achingly familiar. A fishing spot, not far from his home. He glanced around, hoping to find his house again, but saw nothing but blankets of white snow. Jacob sighed. Another dream. He admired the lake despite his disappointment, eyes scanning it's icy grey waters. They were almost completely still, gentle ripples touching the surface every now and again. He remembered how it would never freeze, even in the dead of a warmthless winter. Jacob dropped to his knees, splashing some water on his face. It stung a bit, but it felt good. He stood and walked along the edge for a bit, all the way to the cliff he loved so much. Jacob remembered daring his friends to jump, though never of them took the plunge. He leaned over the side to look down through the deep, foggy water. Jacob gasped as he felt something like a push from behind him, turning and reaching a paw out for help as he broke through the serene surface of the water. The lake swallowed him right up, his mouth opened to scream as he sank and only let water in. The light above him slowly got farther and farther away as he sank, and then he was gone.

Jacob sat up with a start, aching body protesting the quick movement. He was drenched in a cold sweat, heart pounding as he clutched his chest. Gentle paws tugged him back, a quiet humming filling his brain. He felt his heartbeat slow down as he fell back into something soft, closing his weary eyes. The whispered tune felt intimate, a secret that only he could know. Jacob felt his limbs grow heavy again as a paw was run over his hair, gently wiping sweat from his brow. All at once the tears were there, tears he didn't know he had, pouring relentlessly from his eyes. Still, the humming continued. Jacob cried and cried, his chest racking and the sound of his sobs filling the room as he curled into the warmth and comfort of the huming stranger. Their chest vibrated against him as the continued their secret song, and then Jacob was asleep again.

Jacob woke up slowly this time, eyes fluttering as he stretched himself out. Unlike before, the ground beneath him was hard and dry. He felt hot, a gentle breeze tickling his dry nose. Gradually he lifted himself to his feet, glancing around. First, he saw desert, stretching as far as he could see. Then, just a little ways down the road he had woken next to, a city. It's buildings seemed to stretch on forever into the sky. Jacob felt a noise of gratitude wrench it's way out of his chest as he dashed to the gate, tugging his bag tighter over his shoulders. He entered the city, eyes wide and gleaming with tears, sending a silent prayer to the angel who had save him. He thanked her for her secret song, for her expert care, and for the memories that had long since faded from his mind.

~ extra notes ~
~ Jacob is a traveller who makes a living by telling stories
~ Jacob also has very bad memory, especially after an incident when he fell into a lake at his childhood home and almost drowned
~ He often forgets things that you really shouldn't forget, such as the memory of falling into the pond and memories of his home
~ He hopes to one day regain his memory, so that he may use it to tell more stories of his home
~ He also doesn't know of any family since he doesn't really remember anything

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me