♛ -- queen of the southern waves [tryout dnp]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

♛ -- queen of the southern waves [tryout dnp]

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 pm

▬▬▬▬▬
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▬▬▬▬▬
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████████████████
┌─────────────────────────────┐

((xxname // dewi lawanaxxxxgender // femalexxxxsong // xx))
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

└─────────────────────────────┘

Last edited by ShimmerSolarPets on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ -- the various sides of the queen

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 pm

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████
█████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
➟ the princess
As a mortal princess, Dewi Lawana had been a kind, optimistic Viscet. She was a bright-eyed, idealistic
princess with big plans for the future. She was easygoing and cheerful, socializing with the commoners
of her kingdom without much reservation. Helpful, kind, and generous... it was no wonder that most
of the people of the kingdom adored her and looked up to her as the future ruler of the kingdom.
She knew that, and did her very best to satisfy them. After all, they had placed their faith in her.
However, Dewi Lawana had a childish, spoiled nature. Whatever she wanted, she would get it,
and there was nothing stopping her from getting it. She could be incredibly headstrong and
stubborn, refusing to back down. She had even occasionally asserted herself by using her title
as princess. She was very determined. Very little could stop her, though it didn't make it impossible
for her to succumb to despair. Dewi Lawana was also quite naive and trusting. She believed in the
good of everyone. She especially loved her family, and believed that they were absolutely good.
This caused Dewi Lawana to have complete faith in her family, believing that they were incapable
of doing cruel things to her. She also had a romantic side to her. She would often fantasize about
finding her prince, and was quite taken by Pelagius's sweet actions.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
x
➟ the new queen
When she became the queen of the sea demons, however, Dewi Lawana's personality had a
considerable shift. No longer is she that optimistic, cheerful princess. Because of the despair of having
her trust betrayed and her future snatched away from her, she became a subdued, aloof Viscet.
When she first became the queen of the sea demons, she was vengeful and driven by hatred. She
became incredibly ruthless, and could take away millions of lives without batting an eyelash. She
has built walls around herself, refusing to place her faith in others due to fear of betrayal. For a
period of time, she became very cold and aloof, treating her subordinates as pawns and using
her newfound powers for personal revenge.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
➟ great queen of the sea
Past her destructive stage, though, it becomes apparent that Dewi Lawana still retains some
traits from her past self. She is determined not to let her sea demon subjects down because they
had placed their faith in her. Unlike the naive, idealistic princess she once was, the queen takes
actions to attain her goals. She is still quite idealistic, having a vision of expanding the kingdom
of the sea demons all across the sea and dominating the oceans of the world. However, she is
not content to just sit around and dream. Dewi Lawana is still quite headstrong and stubborn.
Even when things do not go her way, she will find another way. She is still very determined.
Dewi Lawana still has some compassion. The vain part of her loves being treated as a queen,
and how the mortals worship and try to appease her. That's why, after the dedication of the
Festival of the Coast to her, her anger was quelled and she changed. She would allow them
safe passage through the seas and aid them. She still has a bit of affection for her old
kingdom. Dewi Lawana is now more relaxed, willing to engage in friendly chatter with other
members of her kingdom thought not to the extent of when she was a princess. She enjoys
teasing her subordinates in a friendly manner, even acting in a somewhat flirty manner. She
still has her personal walls around her, being quite guarded and reserved, but she does not
actively push others away as she did before. No longer is she the exuberant starry-eyed
princess nor the cold and vengeful demon. Dewi Lawana is now a calm, graceful queen,
both revered and loved by mortals and demons alike.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ -- melodies of the sea

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Res
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ -- the queen's bonds

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:48 am

Res for relationships
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ -- let her legend never fade

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:49 am

Res for story index
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

act i |♛| the promise on a sunny day

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 am

"C'mon, Candra, we're gonna be late for the show!!"
    A couple of Visclings ran through the crowded, cobbled streets of the marketplace. Excitement was in the air, and it was apparent that a festival was afoot. Sea-green decorations hung from the lampposts and the roofs of the marketplace stalls. There were colorful lanterns hung everywhere, and merchants were shouting left and right, promoting their goods for this very special day. The Visclings ran past a statue of a beautiful Viscet, with an extremely long tail and wavy tendrils sprouting from her snout. She stood with perfect poise, two pairs of three golden horns protruding from her head and pointing up to the sky. The fresh scent of the sea could be smelled between the smell of the herbs and fishes being sold in the marketplace. The citizens of the kingdom could be heard, chattering excitedly to each other about the festival. "Come one, come all! The Festival of the Coast Shadow Puppet Show is about to start!" a Viscet yelled out in front of a traditional-looking building, wearing the traditional garments of the kingdom. The Visclings weaved between the legs of the adults, running as fast as they could towards the theatre. Pushing through the crowd, they entered the dimly lit theatre. The mysterious, serene music of the traditional instruments echoed through the theatre, filling the atmosphere with a mystical vibe. The Visclings took their seats among the crowd, anticipation building up inside their chests.

A mystical fog descended over the stage. It might be the result of mechanisms and special effects, but it shrouded the whole place with a mysterious aura. The music continued to play as a hush descended over the entire place. "This is the ancient tale of how the queen of the sea demons came to be," the voice of the puppeteer boomed across the theatre, sending chills down the Visclings' spines. "The very queen our Festival of the Coast is dedicated to. The very queen who watches over the ocean, and allows our sailors safe passage every year. This is the story of that very queen. May her legend never ever be forgotten."
    The lights dimmed, and a single light appeared from behind the screen. A shadowy figure appeared on the screen, and the Visclings were transported centuries back.

Into a world where the Queen of the Southern Waves have yet to rise.

ACT I: THE PROMISE ON A SUNNY DAY
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

"Good morning! I'd like to buy some fish, please!"
    "Certainly, Princess! You look lovely today!"
    "Thank you very much!"
    Dewi Lawana, the fair princess of the beautiful seaside kingdom of Banyuwulan, skipped through the marketplace with a basket in one paw. Everyone who saw her smiled. Everyone who saw her waved. The princess made sure to wave to each and every one of them. Her deep blue fur sparkled in the sunlight, just like the sea that stretches out right beside her kingdom. The smell of fishes and fresh produce filled her nostrils. It was a beautiful, sunny day out in Banyuwulan. The smile on the young princess's face was equally as bright as she made her way back to the palace. The gardens in the palace were flourishing with colorful flowers in full bloom. She walked up to the entrance of the castle, threw open the doors and shouted, "I'm home!"

But, she was greeted with silence. Her smile slowly turned into a frown as she wandered the halls of the palace, wondering where her parents were. She gave the basket of goods that she had bought from the marketplace to her servants. While it wasn't her job to purchase supplies for the castle from the marketplace, she loved doing it anyways. It gave her an opportunity to socialize with the people of her kingdom. The smiles on their faces as they greeted her, and the stories they would tell her... Dewi Lawana would never trade her life for anything in the world. Still, where could her parents possibly be? Loud noises suddenly echoed down the corridors. Loud, angry voices. Her heart pounded. What could possibly be happening? Picking up her pace, she walked towards the source of the voices. As she did so, she nearly bumped into a Viscling who had been sitting in the middle of the hallways.
    "Oh, Handaru, what are you doing here?" Dewi Lawana asked, bending down towards the Viscling with a kind smile.
    Mahandri Handaru, Dewi Lawana's stepbrother, looked up at the princess. His expression looked weary and almost bored. "Mom and Dad are fighting again," he said, with a near emotionless voice. It was as if the young Viscling was so tired of this occurrence that it almost didn't matter to him anymore. A frown crossed Dewi Lawana's face. The king and the queen of this kingdom- her father and stepmother- had been fighting quite often recently. They always fought behind closed doors, but their quarrels were so loud they reverberated through the castle's hallways. Part of her wanted to eavesdrop; to finally find out what had been the tension between the two of them was. However, there was Handaru sitting there, looking quite sick of all the fighting. At once, she felt a wave of pity for her stepbrother. Her stepmother was quite protective; Handaru didn't have the same free rein that she had. He had to stay cooped up in the castle most of the time. Dewi Lawana thought that she wouldn't be able to stay as calm as Handaru was if she had to be trapped within the castle walls jsut to listen to their parents' quarrels.

"Come, Handaru, let's play in the garden," the princess invited, forcing a kind smile despite her facial muscles hurting from the strain. Her heart was clouded with worry, and tears were threatening to spill out of her eyes with every harsh syllable that floated out from behind the closed doors. What could have possibly made them like this? Ever since her real mother died, her father had been so depressed and so lost. He wouldn't touch his food, he rarely slept... Dewi Lawana remembered how upset she had been when he was like that. Then, her stepmother came into the picture. She was beautiful and sympathetic. She managed to put a smile back on her father's face, and it was evident that he truly loved her. Dewi Lawana thought that things would be alright now, and she even had a new brother. So, why were they fighting? What could be so wrong that they had to fight over it countless of times?
    "Why?" Handaru asked. It hurt Dewi Lawana to look at his eyes, looking like fragmented glass.
    "It's bad for your health if you keep being cooped up indoors," she reasoned, a grin on her face. The deep blue Viscet picked up the Viscling and brought him outside. Upon stepping out into the sun, Handaru gave a small squint of his eyes as if the sunlight wasn't something he was used to.
    "...what are we doing?" the Viscling questioned, in a monotonous voice.
    "Let's play hide-and-seek!" Dewi Lawana suggested, a bright smile on her face.
    "...you're seriously going to lose, you know? You're way bigger than I am, you can't hide so well," Handaru pointed out. Dewi Lawana flinched. He really was an intelligent Viscling, no doubt about that. However, she laughed. Standing up tall and pointing her paw down at him, she spoke in an exaggerated, authoritative voice. "Do not underestimate the power of Dewi Lawana!" she joked. "I can blend into anything I want to!"
    "You mean you're a chameleon?" Handaru pointed out, his tone quite blunt. However, faint hints of a smile was tugging at his lips. Dewi Lawana's shoulders sagged, and she crossed her forelegs with a pout. "J-jeez..." she muttered, rather embarrassed that her younger stepbrother had made her speechless. The two began to play hide-and-seek, with Dewi Lawana doing so terribly, it was almost pitiable. However, the two of them had fun. The smile had returned to Handaru's face, and his eyes looked more like the way a Viscling's should be: bright and cheerful.

The two slumped onto the lush, green grass, staring at the clouds. Beads of sweat rolled down their fur, and for a moment, Dewi Lawana had forgotten all about her parents' quarrel. They took turns spotting shapes in the clouds. "I see a ship," Handaru said, pointing a paw at the sky. He traced the outline of the cloud. "See? There's the sail, and that's the prow." Dewi Lawana's green-and-gold eyes widened. She nodded excitedly, with a smile. The image of one of the kingdom's fishing ships floated into her mind, battling against the waves of the ocean in order to supply their wonderful kingdom with a fresh supply of fish. The young princess scanned the clouds for another shape. A strangely-shaped cloud came into view, slowly moving across the sky. It had three points. "Hmmm... I see a crown!" Dewi Lawana said, tracing the outline of the cloud for Handaru to see. Handaru's eyes widened, but suddenly, the happy sparkle vanished from his eyes. A frown slid onto his face, and he sat upright. His dull eyes looked at the green grass. "Big sis," he began, his voice softer. "Do you want to be queen?"
    "What kind of a question is that? Of course I do," Dewi Lawana answered, raising a brow in confusion.
    "And what would you do when you're a queen?"
    "I would improve Banyuwulan, of course. I would make it the greatest kingdom in history. Everyone's counting on me, so I can't fail!" A bright smile was on her face, completely oblivious to the pained expression on Handaru's face.
    "And if you're a queen, what would I be?"
    "My brother, duh. What else would you be?"
    "...what if I became the king? Where would you go?"

Dewi Lawana sat up, puzzled by the strange questions the Viscling was asking her. There seemed to be a conflicted expression on Handaru's face, and it confused her. What could be going through her brother's mind? With a gentle smile, she wrapped a paw around her brother. "I'm not sure how you would be king, but even if that came to pass, I won't be going anywhere," she said, pulling him closer to her. She could feel his warm weight pressed against her. "I'll still be your big sis, and I'll always be there for you."
    "Promise me you won't go anywhere. Promise me you won't let yourself be taken away."

"I promise."
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me