Kalon Readopt Tryout Form

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Kalon Readopt Tryout Form

Postby Jippy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 am

Click to return! ^^
Last edited by Jippy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dierdre Cassandra

Postby Jippy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 am

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Username: Dreamlight
Link to Kalon:Silas
Name: Dierdre Cassandra
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Jippy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing

Postby Jippy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm

You could explore every inch of Elystia and only see half of it. From the very start, the world Elystia was separated in half, the ocean and the land. A powerful magical force called the Vylx was a barrier separating the two worlds. It was a like an invisible wall that created an illusion so that on one side, you could never see the other side. The people that lived underwater never knew there was a world above land nor did the people on land know the existence of those underwater. It stayed like this through all eternity until a woman from the ocean and a man from the land met, it was a shocking moment when they saw each other, just magically appear out of thin air. They had crossed through the Vylx through its only weak spot. Eventually they fell in love and had a baby girl, she was part ocean and part land. That girl was me, Dierdre Cassandra. I am part Oceana and part Earthen. My mother and father would visit each other through the opening, in secret of course. They kept each other and me a secret, knowing it was for the best. They knew they couldn’t hide me forever so when the time was right, they parted ways, my mother took me back to the ocean and my father went his way. I didn’t look like everyone else, my jagged stone patterns that scaled up my body came from my father, my royal blue came from my mother, and the craziest of all, my eyes. My right side could see the world underneath the water and the people their but not the people on the surface from underwater. But my left side could see the people on the surface but not the people underwater. With both sides open, I could see everything, I was an exception to the Vylx. I could also see the border of the Vylx, it was shimmering white, and seem to drape from the sky, flowing ever so gently.

But one small accident changed my life. I had been playing in the coral reef while my mother sewed up a dress. I picked a stalker of seaweed and pretended like it was a tail, copying the way mother swam gracefully. She laughed and I went out to explore more. I wandered too far and end up getting caught. I was sold as an item, it was horrible. There are no words to describe how awful it was to be sold like toy. They caged me up, I cried for days, and I never saw my mother again. For years, I was a circus act to all the merfolk, word got around of a freak and I was trained like an animal. It was beyond embarrassing and humiliating. People were scared of me but they laughed on, it was miserable. I managed to escape a few years ago, and now I’m on the run. Going back and forth through the Vylx, I made it my home, I’d walk in it for days, it was my only safe place. I’d change my identity wherever I went, for my greatest wish was to see my parents again. For I do not know who I am or who I am suppose to be.

I wandered through the Vylx, the two flaps of magic silk flowing beside me, on one side I could see the forest and the other I could see the ocean. It was a shame that both sides were missing out on the beauty of this world, I felt selfish for only sharing it with myself.

Just yesterday I stole bread from a baker and stole coins from a merchant, it was a continuous struggled for survival. Then I had to go underwater, avoiding everyone as I snuck into a farmers field and stole his moon jelly peaches. People had forgotten about the freak, believing that she had died which made it easier for me. No way was I gonna ever get caught agains. I smiled sadly at what my life was. Then, I looked left and right before slipping through the silk, suddenly I was underwater, I padded along the sandy floor, before sitting behind a coral plant. It had been years since I escaped even when it only felt like yesterday, I remembered the fear of sneaky away and the consequences of being caught, I remembered being in front of so many faces as they mocked and laughed at me in a circus rink. They drove me insane. I could feel it coming, the lump in your throat and the intense emotions burning in me, yet no tears came, I cried them all out. It was a pity, what’s a cry with no tears. I cried for my parents who loved each other, sobbed for their hard sacrifices, and cried for the times I missed dearly. I wish I could be normal, I wish I didn’t have to hide, I wish to feel the comfort of someone, but in the end, I have no one. No one but me.
Last edited by Jippy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art

Postby Jippy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Last edited by Jippy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me