A s t e r i a (Kalon Readopt Form)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

A s t e r i a (Kalon Readopt Form)

Postby -galaxie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 am

-galaxie || female || link to kalon || Theme Song || Playlist
Last edited by -galaxie on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
    -ɢᴀʟᴀxɪᴇ

infp || adult || ♐︎
-galaxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ Story ✧

Postby -galaxie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

Asteria was a typical kit.

Her energy never seemed to run out, she could run around for hours and never even stop to breathe. The only thing that seemed to slow her down were her oversized horns, but even then she'd pick herself up and go back to chasing around whatever she could. Asteria was always happy and full of joy, almost nothing could get her to frown, that is until school started. Her parents were hoping that maybe sending her to school would give her a place to put all of her energy to good use, but they were shocked when the other kits had been afraid of their daughter. Asteria was heartbroken. She had never faced such rejection in her life, she couldn't come to terms that she came even close to something that should be feared. After the first year of school Asteria's personality began to change. Instead of jumping around at recess she sat in the field and looked at the flowers. Her teachers tried to play with her and get the other kits to let her in on their games, but nothing worked. Even at home she began to just watch the flowers and other wildlife around her.

By the middle of her second year of school she didn't run around or even act interested in the other kits her age. Asteria could be found away from the crowd looking at the butterflies and other small things she found in the grass. The flowers and rocks couldn't be afraid or run away from you and wildlife saw you just as they saw every other kalon out there so that's where she found her comfort. She soon discovered her favorite thing about nature on a rather warm night in her backyard.
As normal, she sat down and observed everything around her, but this time she spotted teeny tiny lights floating in the air. She chirped in surprise at the sudden glow in the sky and jumped back near her father.

"Father, what is that?" Asteria's fur was standing on end from a mix of bewilderment and excitement, but she still inched closer to the bigger kalon just in case.

"What is what?" He just looked around casually as if there wasn't glowing orbs floating around them.

"Those - Those glowing things!" She added extra emphasis on the glowing and still managed to wedge herself under her fathers legs.

Her father chuckled at his kit and lifted a paw to look down at her.

"Those are fireflies. See? They glow just like you." She poked her head out of her hiding spot and looked at them closer, still questioning her father’s reaction, but growing more interested at the bugs around them.

“Fire? Will they burn me if I touch them?” Her father laughed.

“No no, they aren’t even warm.” A sudden gentle flash in front of Asteria distracted her from his words “Look there’s one there in front of you, go get it!”

Her father nudged her forward with his nose and she stumbled out from his legs and looked around trying to find the little bug again. This time the light came from her right side and she dashed at it quickly before losing sight of it again. Asteria pouted, but kept on looking before seeing it just in front of her again. She leapt into the air and grabbed it out of the sky. With a thud she fell back to the earth and looked down at her paws and a smile spread across her face when she saw the little bug light up.

Asteria turned around to face her father with a smile he hadn't seen for ages.

"I did it!" She giggled and waddled back over to her father, being as gentle as possible with the bug. Asteria raised her paws up to her father's face, but then to her dismay it flew out of her hands with a little flash. She looked up at her father with her mouth open, flabbergasted. Her father snorted at her and laughed at the reaction.

"Y'Gotta watch out, they don't wanna be captured so they are gonna fly off."

Asteria looked at him, unamused before running back to find more. Her father sighed and smiled at her as she jumped into the air trying to catch more of the glowing bugs.

As she grew into a teenager, Asteria was given more freedom. With this freedom her parents saw less of her, but she seemed much happier when they did see her. She had found places nearby their home, but far into the woods, that she could call her own. Over time she had found place after place, but she would always find herself coming back to the same pond. She soon realized not only did she like to visit the tiny body of water, but her favorite little insect would too.

Watching the fireflies dance around the water was calming to her and sometimes she would even be drawn out into the water to get a closer look at the glowing bugs. Asteria began to notice that not only was she attracted to the fireflies, but they were attracted to her. They would swirl around her head making her spin just to keep her eyes on them leaving her dizzy. Were they more attracted to her halo or her shine, she'd never know, but to a young Asteria it was fulfilling. She would follow them and they would follow her, it was perfect for the nature loving kalon like her. Were they more attracted to her halo or her shine? She'd never know, but it left the young kalon in awe. She would follow them and they would follow her, it was one of the greatest things Asteria had ever experienced.

Time went on and so did Asteria, but the only thing that changed for her was the time she spent outside. As she neared her adulthood she was rarely ever home, but her parents didn't mind. They knew she was happy and that's all they wanted for her. It's what brought back that side of her they seldom saw since she was a kit.

Besides what harm could chasing fireflies do?

(996 / 1000 )

|| Part 1 ||

Whenever Asteria turned eighteen she moved out of her childhood home and decided to live farther north where the nature surrounded the houses. Her closest neighbor was miles down the road and she had complete privacy.

Nothing much had changed about her other than her location of course, but with the new location meant new places in the wild to call her own. After some exploration of the woods that surrounded her house she had found many places around her that she called her own. Of course as always she had one that she would find herself returning to more than the others. Far into land behind her house there was a lake surrounded by acres of land with a breathtaking view of the land around. The wildflowers were beautiful, the colors added color to the greens and other muted colors of nature.

Not only was the scenery different, but so was the wildlife. Asteria would look outside and see deer, falcons, and even bears. She respected all of the life that she shared her land with and wouldn't dare disturb any of the animals that had come to her backyard. As amazing it was to see the animals up close and see them from a different view than when she lived in the suburbs she still found a tiny glowing bug the most interesting. Of course she'd visit at night to see those familiar glowing orbs float around her. There was still something about those little bugs that took her breath away whenever they would circle around her.

Asteria learned how to live on her own without the company of other kalons. Her parents did visit every now and then, but she'd only ever see strangers when she went to town. She didn't mind not seeing others often, sure having others around could help, but she preferred the independence that came with living deep in nature. The times she did see others though was definitely different from when she was a kit. Whenever she went into town there was always a new face asking her if she was new or where she was from. It was odd to her, but she didn't mind. Asteria began to make a lot more acquaintances in a small cafe in the middle of town. She'd order milk tea, read a book and others would approach her asking if she'd been living around here for awhile or if she was new.

No one was afraid, maybe intimated, but not afraid. She'd smile to herself knowing that she was welcomed into the small group of kalons that lived surrounded by the trees and miles of open land. Asteria was thankful that she found others who understood her passion for nature and the creatures that lived there. Sure they may laugh at first when she tells them how much she loved fireflies and how they would light up the night, but they always admired how long she could go on about the things she loved about them.

Asteria was more than happy with where she was and how she lived her life. She could run out into the middle of the woods and no one would follow or question her motives. Nothing could get her to leave the new land that she called her home and no one could ever get her to change her mind about the glowing bugs she had grown to love. Her love for the fireflies hadn't been a short lived infatuation like most would've expected from a young kit, but rather a life long passion for something that she felt connected to.

Asteria's love for the small things from life brought her miles far from her childhood home. She didn't mind the distance and she knew that her parents were happy she was where they all knew she belonged.

She was home.

(641 / 1000 )

|| Part 2 ||

Asteria tapped her nails on the table she was sat at as she waited.

There was a low murmur in the room, other kalons talking to each other about their days or what they had planned for later.

"Asteria!" The barista called out, making her jump up and walk over to grab her drink. She looked at her drink and swirled it around before sitting down and opening her book she brought from home. Asteria could spend hours in the small coffee shop on the corner of town and not even realize time had passed. Though she would try to visit around twice a week, often times she would find herself lost in the woods near her house before even realizing what time it was.

That seemed to be a problem she had. Living out here, you'd think counting the days would be easier, but not to Asteria. The hours blended into each other and her memories would meld into one. That just gave her all the more reason to go out and make more memories so she could try to remember them.

Quickly pulling herself out of her thoughts was the sudden end to the tea she was drinking. She sighed and rattled the ice around the cup as if it would bring her drink back somehow. Closing her book, she got up and tossed out her drink then made her way back over to the table. She grabbed her book and put it in her bag then made her way out the door.

The walk back to her home was always long, but she always seemed to find herself coming back as the sun began to make its way below the horizon. All the better for her, that meant the fireflies would be out shortly and she could join them. As she made her way up the final hill to her house her phone buzzed from her bag. She stopped for a moment and pulled it out of her bag to see a new text message from her mother. Reading it over, it dawned on her that her parents were visiting tomorrow and probably planned on staying for the weekend. Cursing to herself she ran the remaining distance to her house. She hadn't cleaned anything in her house in, well she didn't remember. It probably was the last time her parents visited, which was about a month or two ago. Asteria unlocked the door and was greeted by the mess that was her house. Sighing, she made her way over to the kitchen to try to fix the mess before her parents would soon arrive.

That night Asteria could not go and watch her favorite insect fly around outside. Instead she was stuck cleaning and trying to get as much rest before making herself look presentable for her parents. She woke up early or at least early for her and began to brew some coffee for her mother before making her way into the bathroom to straighten herself up.

Her parents arrived around noon and brought their suitcases with them. Of course she was happy to see them, but that meant her parents would probably want her in her own home at a more reasonable time instead of being out in the forest at around 3 am like she normally was. Whenever she had them over, they would try to join her outside, but no matter how hard they tried they couldn't seem to keep up with her.

"Hello dear! It's so great to see you!" Her mother exclaimed and hugged her tightly. Asteria chuckled into her shoulder before pulling away and smiling to her.

"Hello Ma."

"Heya Kiddo." Her father wrapped an arm around her and pulled in. She laughed and squirmed out of his grip.

"Come on guys let's get your stuff into your room." Asteria grabbed her parents suitcases and dragged them into the guest room that was across from her own. Her parents made their way over to her living room and sat themselves down and waited for her to come back. She came back to see them looking around the room trying to see if there was anything new.

"So..." Her mother began. "Have you done anything new recently? I hear that there's some new shops in the town down the road." Asteria sat down across for them and shook her head.

"No, I haven't really strayed from my normal routine. I did get a new part-time job at the pet store though!" She smiled softly thinking about the animals for a moment. "We have a cat that walks around the store named Zen. No clue when he showed up, but all of the workers love him."

He parents laughed for a second before they returned to the conversation. After a while they migrated to the dining room table. Asteria made them some drinks. They talked for hours until the sun set behind the mountains and the sky went dark.

She somehow persuaded her parents that she'd return soon enough and left her house to begin her journey deep into the woods. Asteria was never slow about getting to her destinations and kept on running until she reached the lake. There they all were, peacefully floating in the air, glowing as they pleased. It didn't take long for a few of them to make their way over to her.

Some swirled around her head while the others made their way to her tail. She slowly laid on the ground and let them land on her.

This was her life, going out into the middle of no where just to watch those little fireflies. She loved it and wouldn't change a thing, but tonight she had to keep her promise. Asteria stayed outside for around an hour before making her way back home.

She didn't worry though, she knew she'd be back soon enough.

( 1000 / 1000 )
Last edited by -galaxie on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
    -ɢᴀʟᴀxɪᴇ

infp || adult || ♐︎
-galaxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ Likes || Dislikes ✧

Postby -galaxie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:17 pm