Kalon readopt form. Do not post.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Kalon readopt form. Do not post.

Postby Meduz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 am

Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am

Hello! Pleased to meet you, I'm jellyfish.lucy but you can call me Jelly or Lucy. I currently own one Kalon, Chanel, link in siggy. She's spoilt rotten but I would love for her to have some friends in the medieval fantasy universe I am developing. Although this world is in it's early stages of development I am really excited about it and I think this little man would be right at home there. here is the work I've done so far. It's a massive work in progress as the world is growing around the characters stories and this is the most development of a story I've done yet.

I initially intended to change Keopi's name - but I couldn't it just stuck - I'd keep referring to it as "Ooh I need to do some work on the Keopi story" and such, so instead I added a surname. Let me introduce you to Keopi Steelfire, a village blacksmith made from pure husband material. His personality like his design is simple but beautiful.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 am

an interviewer wrote:Full Name ; Keopi Steelfire
Age ; 20
Gender ; Male
Sexuality ; Straight
Relationship status ; taken <3
Job ; Blacksmith
Zodiac Sign ; Scorpio
Greatest fear ; something happening to his family
Theme song ; YouTube
Piercings/tattoos ; maybe one day
Favourite food ; Steak
Favourite creature ; Brownies
Moodboard ; xXx

xxxxxxxxxxImage

xbzbziaiayahahakakkakakaajajajhahshjwkwmwmwnwnnwwnsnsnnnsxxxxxxxxx
Keopi has simple dreams: a warm home, a loving family and food on the table. He works hard as a blacksmith to provide for his family. He's gentle and often adopts little fairies or little twig people and keeps them as pets. He's very generous and hospitable and tries to do his best to help the people around him. He'd always buy an extra bread roll to give to the homeless or offer water to weary travellers. He's a true craftsman, he is always making things as part of his work as a blacksmith and also does whittling as a hobby in his spare time. He is working on a carved zoo containing all sorts of animals and magical creatures to put around his house as ornaments and give to his children as toys. Keopi uses his good practical skills to care for his friends and family and anyone else who needs it. He is a reliable and patient kalon who can be counted on to deliver what he promised even if it takes him some time. His perfectionist and idealistic nature can often mean that the things he sets out to achieve overburden him. He can take on a massive task that he will struggle to achieve, often this concerns his work projects he'll agree to an unrealistic deadline and still insist upon delivering a perfect product on time, usually for less money than he should really be charging. However, he makes enough money to put food on the table and wood in the fire, he has no desire to become rich or powerful, he is rich in happiness. Keopi is open minded and accepting he has a "live and let live" attitude to other people, he is also incredibly empathetic and observent and can tell when people around him are suffering and he does his best to ease their difficulty. Keopi is also very humble and quite shy. He prefers to keep himself to himself and potter around his forge or family home. He is also optimistic and trusting, he tries to see the best in people, and can be vulnerable to scammers. Keopi is happy in his small village bubble and is opposed to any change that might disrupt that.
Last edited by Meduz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:24 pm

[The Beginning] [The Journey] [The Prison] [The Escape] [The Citadel] [The Return]

It all started on a crisp, brisk but embracing night. The type that makes you welcome the privacy of the dark, not fear it. Chanel and I were lying on our backs in the paddock. It's not a large piece of land but it's my piece of land. We were looking at the stars and planning our futures. I told her I planned to build us a house on the same spot we were lying. We sketched the plans with loving words whispered in hushed tones. Aware of the fragility of such dreams. Where the fireplace would go, the bedrooms, the nursery. She recalled her childhood in the palace of Epra and the cracked stone walls of her nursery that all but threatened to let in horrendous drafts. She had never felt cold or alone however, the cold winds seemed non-existent as they tickled the decor of the room. There was one tapestry in particular that was to blame for this defiance of Physics. A mismatched piece of various fabrics, frayed and fading in so many places, yet made the more beautiful for it. Its worn appearance was owed to the fact that it had been added to and repaired by the generations before her. Each new addition telling a vivid story filled with a continued and revered dichotomy as old as time itself. That of hope and despair, tragedy and triumph, victory and defeat. The story of kings and warriors, princes and princesses; like a fairy tale in thread. It broke her heart that her children would not witness the tale of their ancestors and experience the same warmth that came with that tradition. She didn’t need to explain this to me, I could see the sorrow in her eyes when she spoke longingly of her old home. I resolved that she would not have to bear the guilt of breaking that tradition, not just from herself. But from those around her who would mock her and her children for their ignorance, or at least the apparent lack thereof.
We kissed that night, under the swelling, pregnant moon and parted with lingering touches for our own beds. I did not sleep well. All I could think of was Chanel's heartbreak at the loss of her tapestry, then it struck me, what I had to do to make her happy, to prove myself worthy and for our future children.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 am

[The Beginning] [The Journey] [The Prison] [The Escape] [The Citadel] [The Return]

Even though we live near to the border mountains the journey ahead of me was long and unkind. Crossing into Epra through the border mountains was cold and bitter. The wind chapped my lips and numbed my hands. I longed for the warmth of my furnace and bellows. At night I bedded down and prayed my tent wouldn't blow away in the night. The solitude was harrowing, some of the branches I gathered for firewood each night I would carve into small animals or whittle into simple pipes. It was after several days of travelling that I saw the arid landscape of Epra on the blurred horizon. The outerlands were an unfamiliar terrain. The ground was dry and mostly sand, it was like ice at night and fire in the day. I took to traveling at night to avoid any awkward questions from the few merchants who travelled this way. My clothing was unfamiliar and impractical for the scorching day times. After several nights the sunrise was interrupted by the silhouette of a town on the horizon, I continued walking into the day and it was early afternoon when I reached the town. I resupplied and purchased some new more comfortable clothing and went into the local Inn for some refreshment. Nailed to the door of the inn was a wanted poster for a familiar looking man, the king was seeking him and a large reward was offered. I didn't think much of it at the time, instead distracted by the smell of roasting pork and stewed vegetables. I salivated and sat down at the bar. The barmaid was youthful and rosy, she smiled at me and I asked for some stew. I dropped some copper coins into her ruddy palm and accepted the steaming bowl from her. I broke a roll and dunked it into the bowl. The first bite was heavenly, a stark contrast to stale biscuits I had been eating on the road, the stew was rich and deep, warm and comforting, like a hug from your soulmate. I missed Chanel, her hugs, her laugh, her beautiful yellow eyes. I was jolted from my memory by the chill of the outside air entering through the open doorway. Two heavily armed men wearing purple headscarves fastened with badges in the insignia of the king stood in the doorway. They walked over to me and roughly grabbed me. I protested and one of them ripped the poster from the still open door and thrust it in my chest with an accusing finger. They tied my hands and gagged me, they threw me in the back of their cart and dragged me into a cell.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 am

I collapsed against the wall, broken. I would die here, alone without my love, in the cold and dark and damp, without so much as a window. I sobbed. My whole body shaking with my anguish. I sobbed for a while, until I didn’t have the energy anymore, then for the first time I looked around. The cell was dimly lit. Candles in the passage outside the cell gave enough light to see by and cast shadows of the bars across the small room. I drew closer to the door and looked through. The cell opposite me seemed empty, but I noticed a table that I couldn’t see in any of the other cells - the table was quite a peculiar object it almost seemed to be breathing. The cell nearer to the stairs I had been dragged down was home to a rather glum looking unicorn, it’s usually majestic iridescent white coat was a dulling grey and it seemed limp and lifeless it’s eyes were dull and mane and tail flat, it was a pitiful sight. The cell to the other side of the curious table was inhabited by a family, the mother nursing a young child and two small girls braiding one another’s hair. The father sat on the top bunk, with guilty, ghostlike eyes full of pain at his families suffering. I retreated from the door and sat down on the lower bunk. “Oi!” someone shouted. At this moment it was as if my hearing had been switched on, my experience until this[/left]
moment had been trancelike. Now I was abruptly jolted back to reality and I could hear a weird, scratchy grumbling coming from the cell to my left and the drip of a pipe somewhere. “Oi!” the person shouted again, I looked around but I couldn’t see who was saying it. “This is my bunk. You’ll have to take the top one.” I looked down and realised a small pixie type creature was lying in my bed. He was about 12 inches tall, wearing a brown cap and brown shorts, he had leathery skin and curly hair. I recognised him as a brownie although I had not seen one before. I apologised to him and climbed into the upper bunk. It had been a long time since I had slept in a bed so even on the hard, thin mattress I slept soundly.
I woke, I had no idea of time so I could not say how long I slept for or what time it was when I awoke. The brownie was up, scratching patterns into the floor with a long pointed nail. I called down to him “Good day, I’m sorry for disturbing you yesterday.” and swung my legs over the side of the bunk to face him.
He called up “I don’t usually snap like that I’m Talad. How’d you end up here? Arson? Theft? Bar fight?” So I explained my story, my voice cracking at several parts, my throat hoarse from yesterday’s weeping. I told the curious fellow how I had travelled this far to win the hand of my love and how I was innocent and not the man the guard believed me to be. Talad explained how the Lord who’s dungeon we were currently in was rather overzealous in his capture of random citizens, especially foreigners and magical creatures; prisoners make good bargaining chips when trying to acquire favour or more land from the king.
[/quote]
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 am

When the day came for us to be taken to the citadel we were taken from our cells and shoved into a cart.
The journey was uncomfortable, I was surrounded by darkness. My legs pressed up against the sweaty clammy flesh of my unfortunate comrades as I felt the bite of cold, unrelenting steel against my wrists. The bumps in the road let the rotting oak walls of our mobile prison give way to the briefest glimpses of sunlight. The only reminder of an outside world allowed to us given the nature of our current ideal.
The road underneath was no longer the cracked cobbles of poverty stricken roads but rather beaten earth kept and maintained by regularly beaten farmers. The smell of confined human living had been left behind and instead replaced with Damp befitting the disease that ran rife amongst most of the population of these parts. That is not to say that there was not a certain beauty to the dew-covered trees that gave way to vast clearings in an otherwise emerald topped forest. If one listened carefully you could hear the slight trickle of a nearby stream, whose water would usually bring promises of life and refreshment. At this point in time however, it seemed almost cruel, like a taunting jeer.
I knew what fate I would face at the end of our journey. A man wanted enough to have posters in every corner of the kingdom couldn't be allowed to live. Somehow it seemed, in the resigned churning of my mind there was still some part of me paying attention, like my world had not already collapsed and there was still something to be gleaned from this apparently sealed fate. The singing of birds had been replaced, a brief silence - that jolted the still active part of my mind – and then the thudding of hooves.
The carriage tipped as the side exploded, a horse’s hoof tearing through the rotten timber. The sunlight was blinding, the wood holding my chains splintered. The outlines of fighting figures could be seen through the holes as arrows punctured the sides. A flaming arrow caught the far end of the carriage. This arrow had come from the attackers as I realised their intent, to cause maximum chaos and damage by whatever means necessary. Even burning this part of the forest to the ground. More fire arrows dropped from the sky hitting forest and man alike. I ran, hoping to gain myself some sanctuary from the raining hellfire. I saw guards and other prisoners running in all directions, only to succum to the blazing arrows or the hooves of the panicked horses.
I dragged Talad by one tiny hand hoisting him up onto my shoulders. I vaulted stumps and trees and thick undergrowth as branches whipped at my face, drawing blood. I couldn’t stop though, not when our lives depending on it - if I stopped I would never make it home to her, this was my only chance. I turned back briefly to see the banners of the prison guard trampled and replaced with another. That of brigands looking for new recruits and willing to kill to get them. Maybe I could have sought their protection, but I did not want to ally myself with the men who had caused death and destruction. I had to get back to Chanel and I could not return empty handed.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 am

I headed towards west towards the sunrise. I headed west, towards the sunrise, towards the coast. Talad and I walked for days, I was comforted only by the memory of Chanel's touch and warmth and the knowledge that I would see her again. At night I dreamed of our future, us laughing and spinning through meadows of wheat, lying by the fire in one another's arms. By day I saw only the harsh blue skies and the monotonous landscape. Talad was riding on my shoulders one particularly warm morning. He shouted out "The sea! The sea!" We had found the coast, we walked eagerly to the water submerging our faces in the clear salty tide.
We walked along the coast, fishing for food and drinking from the streams that trickled into the sea. I was tired, my once strong arms were growing weak, my large muscular arms replaced with sinewy, runners arms. I longed to be back at my forge, wielding my 16 pound lump hammer and fashioning dainty horseshoes from crude iron. The rhythmic thump of the hammer comforts me, as the regular plod of my feet do now. I am lulled into a familiar trance, the days blending together, time ceasing to matter. The spell is broken once we arrive at the citadel. Tallad and I are presumed dead and would not be wanted in this part of the country anyway. We buy some large rolls of satin and velvet and gain access to the innermost parts of the citadel easily by pretending to be merchants. It dawns on me that I never asked Tallad what he was imprisoned for in the first place. Judging by his quick wit and skillful lies probably theft or impersonation, which I realise I am going to be guilty of soon. We are walking through the citadel when I see it. A great tapestry probably 6 foot long, woven from all colours of the rainbow. Sea blues that I have never seen in thread before, pinks and greens that I didn't know it was possible to dye, strands of silver and gold. It was old, in an ancient way that takes your breath and fills you with great reverence.Now I know why Chanel could not bear to part with it. Many tapestries line this great hallway, presumably belonging to families conquered by the king or previous queens who married in and joined their family history to his. I realised then that this would soon be my family history too, and that perhaps was part of its spell. I had to take it home for my children.
As per the plan, I dropped the long rolls of fabric I was carrying, they fell to the floor, bounced and then rolled. Metres and metres of fabric unfurled down the corridor - both the guards rushed in to assist me, and as they did Talad climbed the old crumbling brick of the castle wall and unhooked the tapestry. It tumbled to the ground, folding in upon itself, I rushed to quickly roll it up and in the chaos this did not seem amiss. Merely like I was gathering one of the numerous pieces of fabric I had dropped. When all the fabric was gathered back in I picked it up on the rolls and left the citadel.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 am

We sold the fabrics we had bought on our way in and I said goodbye to Talad. It was a curious goodbye, for two people who should never have met but without their meeting neither would be where they were now. I hoped I would hear from him again and that, just maybe, he wouldn't end up imprisoned. I bought a horse, a map and some supplies, I was determined that the journey home would be easier, I could not waste another minute I had to get the tapestry back to Chanel.
Returning home to my village, I saw the sun set over my forge and the paddock where I would build my home. When I drew close enough to call out I started yelling for Chanel, hoping she was waiting expectantly for me. My life had seemed so lost on the road, my end so certain, my doom so established, but here I was the love of my life rushing towards me her brunette hair flowing in the wind, barefoot and calling my name. I slid from the horse as she rushed into my arms; like a key in a lock she fitted there perfectly, the final piece of my jigsaw. I vowed to her at that moment that I would never leave her again, never again would she have to fear for my life; from now on I would stay at home, welding the steel for our house, fashioning the bricks and felling the timbers. I would build a home for her - and I would have peace.
Last edited by Meduz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art Credit

Postby Meduz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 am

More Art

Illustration here by hixtape

First Post
Header made on canva

Third Post
Human form headshot by anonymous-axolotl
Pixel animation by me
Moodboard by me using canva

Winner may keep the pixel - however I doubt the human form art will be appropriate
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets