↪ 【 osthaven archives 】writing storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

↪ 【 osthaven archives 】writing storage

Postby kipin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 pm

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
┌────────────────────────┐

tonketzu's writing storage
please do not post

└────────────────────────┘
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
Last edited by kipin on Thu May 31, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. directory 】

Postby kipin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Last edited by kipin on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 16 times in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】kalon archives

Postby kipin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm

all my kalon stuffs have been moved here

this post will most likely be used for other purposes or be deleted soon
Last edited by kipin on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】raeslys tryout

Postby kipin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:45 pm

x
tryout form
x

" there's bravery in being soft "

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
✘. raeslys ( ray - suh - lis ) / goes by rory or reaxxx✘. female ( she / her )
✘. sagittarius / dec 14thxxx✘. asexual / biromantic
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

the character 'abe' is just a lil dude i made up on the spot
both are portrayed as humans in this entry
*hella long post up ahead*

raeslys, more commonly known as rory, is a flirtatious goofball. she cares more about other’s feelings than her own and would gladly give her life for her friends, so much so that she has received the title of the “mom friend”. she has very little logic and rarely makes any sense, but she doesn’t really care. her sense of humor is extremely warped and can usually only be understood by a select few. she loves discussing conspiracy theories and playing board games in her free time.

✘. a look into the soul

rory squinted her eyes, eyebrows pulled together in confusion. “so you’re telling me that if you saw a dog just sitting on the side of the road, you wouldn’t even consider taking it home with you?”

“rory, you can’t pick up stray animals off the side of the road just because they look sad,” abraham’s eyes deliberately lifted from the book that was delicately cradled in his lap.

“why not,” rory huffed, plopping herself on the ground in front of him, “what are you reading there, nerd?”

abe sighed and looked back down at the book, “one, i’m not a nerd, and two, why do you wanna know, you don’t read all that much, do you?”

“well, not really, i guess. my brain kinda has a hard time focusing on the words long enough to actually understand what’s going on,” rory flopped down into her back, looking up at the ceiling fan, spinning around like a vinyl. “you have that look on your face, i just wanted to know what put it there”

“what look?”

“when you’re stuck and you can’t figure something out, you look like a fish”, rory held her nose and puffed out her cheeks, attempting to imitate a fish.

abe’s eyes snapped up to meet her’s, “a… a fish?”, amused, he crossed his arms and smirked. “that’s funny considering you look like a lost puppy in every compromising situation”.

she raised a curious eyebrow, “if i was the lost dog, would you take me home?”

abe looked like a deer stuck in the headlights, unsure which way to turn.

“i’m joking dude, i know you’re heartless and you would never pick up a dog off the road,” winking, rory stood up and brushed her legs off dramatically. “again, just kidding. do you want anything to eat? i’m gonna see if i can find something in the kitchen”

“dunno,” abe turned his focus back to the book, “i’m kinda craving pizza”

after sifting through the fridge and finding nothing, rory padded back into the lounge, “i guess we could go out to eat, you got gas money?”

“nope, i’m flat broke”

“great”

///

“no way in hell am i spending my hard earned cash on your weird pizza preferences,” rory looked like she was going to cry, “seriously? pineapple? on pizza? are you like… insane?”

abe frowned, “pineapple on pizza is good, i don’t know why you think it’s so terrible”

“well for one, pineapple is a fruit.”

“a tomato is a fruit too”

“but-“, rory stopped to think and then whined in defeat, realizing abe was right, “still, i don’t understand the appeal of ruining a perfectly good pizza with pineapple. can’t you at least get some other topping so i don’t feel like i’m just throwing my money into the wind?”

“ok… how about anchovies”

rory turned her head to look straight at him, tears in her eyes, “why are you like this”.

word count ; 487 / 500

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

✘. from the heart

the phone buzzed, the recognizable tune of a wii theme song remix playing as it toppled off the bedside table, hitting the floor and sending out a glow of soft orange light. rory squinted, rubbing the dirt from her eyes and yawned. she stretched towards the ground, snatching the phone from where it had fallen and checking the time. 2:47. she had a missed call. she clicked the home button and called the number back, waiting as the ringing pulsed through her sleeping brain.

the line clicked, “hey”.

“why are you still up”, rory rolled over and looked out the window, setting the phone on the side of her face.

“i can’t sleep, nightmares again”, the voice was tired.

“lemme guess, you want me to come over, at 3 in the morning”, rory’s eyes started to fall closed. she didn’t trust herself to not fall asleep, so she got up and walked into the kitchen, sitting on a barstool. “it’s so early though”.

“if you want, you can save some extra money and consider it an early valentines gift”, a sigh on the other end of the line, “please? i don’t wanna be alone right now..”

he hit her with that line, she was screwed, “fine. i’ll be over in 10. i’m only doing this because i love you a lot, you know?”, rory shook her head to herself.

“thank you rory. see you in 10, i love you”, the line clicked, leaving rory to put on some leggings and a sweatshirt. pulling on her shoes, she grabbed a bar of chocolate from the pantry. he always said that chocolate helped the nightmares, but she always said he was just a glutton for the stuff. still, if it’s an early valentines gift, why not bring some if it makes him happy?

hopping into her red vw bug, rory started up the engine, beginning her short journey to abe’s apartment building.

///

she pushed the buzzer, pressing her face against the speaker, “i’m here, loser”.

“come up”, the lock on the front door clicked. she grabbed the handle and walked through, continuing down the hall and up the stairs to the third floor of the building. walking to the end of the hall, rory knocked softly on the door, waiting and playing with her nails. the door creaked open, abe’s face peeking out into the hallway.

rory slipped through the door and kicked off her shoes. abe closed the door, “thanks for coming, sorry i called you so early.. or late… i don’t know what 3am is considered”.

“you don’t have to thank me, it’s kinda my job isn’t it? there to ‘comfort you in times of need’ or whatever. you should’ve just stayed at my place tonight”, she slipped the package out of her pocket and held it out.

“chocolate?”, he grabbed the bar, flipping it over in his hands.

“well since this is your valentines gift and you’re always going on about the crap, i figured you might want some”, rory smiled, “are you tired or do you wanna stay up for a while?”

abe ripped open the wrapper of the chocolate, breaking off a piece and popping it into his mouth, “can we just go and sleep? i’m exhausted, i don’t think i’ve slept since friday”

“two days? the nightmares are that bad?”, rory’s eyebrows seemed to fly off her face.

abe seemed to physically droop, “i don’t know what to do about them, the meds and therapy aren’t doing anything. i don’t know how, but you sleeping over helps more than anything i’ve tried”. he smiled, turning and walking down a delicately lit hallway into his bedroom. rory followed, knowing fully well he didn’t want to be alone, even if it was just for a few seconds.

she walked into the room, greeted by the goofy movie posters abe had up since she met him. he was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the ground, spacing out. he realized rory had immediately followed him and looked up. the expression on his face represented pure exhaustion. dark circles had gathered under his eyes and his hair was an unruly mess.

rory walked to the other side of the bed and slid under the covers. shutting off the lamp, abe joined her beneath the heavy pile of blankets.

“jeez, it’s really cold under here.”

“it’s always like this, but now i have you to keep me warm”, abe kissed her forehead, “thanks for helping me through this”.

“no problem, happy early valentines day, nerd”.
    word count ; 758 / 800

x
Last edited by kipin on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】kaihua tryout

Postby kipin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 am

x

「  kaihua // celebration excerpt 」
    notes: a little really-short story for my kal entry here

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“after we decorate, we’re going for dinner with your grandparents, so you both need to be ready by 6”, kai’s mother pointed down to her brother, “and you need to finish all your chores before we leave”

“but it’s 4:30 right now, they’re gonna take me over an hour!” her brother whined.

“you should’ve thought of that before you went and played your silly little video games.”

kai snorted.

their mother’s face slowly shifted to look back up at kai “oh you think that’s funny? now you have to help him”, she smiled, as if to say, complain, i dare you.

kai dragged a recycling bin up the driveway, "i can't believe you got me roped into your chores"

her brother pulled the trash bin up the rest of the way, "you're the one who laughed and tested mom, i didn't ask to be blessed with your presence".

///

kai jumped into the car after her brother had done the same, claiming the left window seat as soon as she had made sure she wasn’t going to bump her head on the low interior. “so, where are we going for dinner?”

“chipotle”, her mother hummed out.

kai and her brother both looked at each other in confusion, “chipotle..?”

“yup! it’s the only restaurant your grandparents can eat at without making a fuss,” the car rounded an abnormally sharp corner, “and when they make a fuss, they usually aim it my general direction.”

///

they had met their grandparents, eaten some wholesome burrito bowls, it had been a good night, “we should play laser tag”.

they all paused, looking at kai like she was insane.

“it’s not like tonight could be any less traditional. plus, laser tag sounds better than just going home”.

her parents looked at each other and shrugged, “i guess, but you’ll have to teach us how to play”. hopping in the car, kai explained how the game worked, and how she was a “supreme master”.

even though it was dark out, as they sped down the road, kai could look out the window and clearly see blossoming trees letting go of small white flowers.

///

“i’ll destroy you,” kai’s brother stared her down, grabbing the laser gun off his pack, getting ready to sprint off into the maze.

kai laughed, clearly amused, “in your dreams, trash boy”

word count ; 385 / 400

x
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】xan tryout

Postby kipin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:10 pm

x
tryout form
x

xan . cis male. heterosexual

" this indecision's bugging me
if you don't want me, set me free "

ten word personality

" watch out, get too close and you might just burn "

what do they do at the crack of dawn?

xan let go, the heavy boots he had been carrying dropped to the floor, a loud thud reverberating through the apartment. he walked over to the mini kitchen and busied himself with making a pot of coffee. a head popped through the door next to the fridge.

“hey, man, it’s 4 am and i’m over here trynna sleep. for the love of god, stop throwin’ your crap around” he yawned, rubbing his eyes.

“sorry, i have work today and it’s an important client, they’re paying good”.

“how good?”

xan stopped and looked up, “good enough for about three years worth of rent if you let me do my job instead of making me late again” he looked over, glaring at his roommate beside him.

“yea sorry about that… i’ll just.. go back in my room” with a wary smile, his head disappeared and xan was just as alone as he had been. xan was honestly surprised his roommate was fine with how he made money. he sighed, walking over to the window. small beads of rain came down at the speed of bullets, falling onto the waiting sidewalk below.

walking into his room, xan pulled a black backpack out from under his bed, pre-packed and ready to go, and slipped his arms through the straps. putting on the heavy boots, he checked his watch. 4:30.

he walked out the maintenance door of the apartment building and pulled out his phone, checking the bank account he used for work. 50k, just as promised, he would get the other 50 later, when the task at hand was completed. his clients expected him to get the job done quick and with precision. the target had almost escaped last time, he was surprised he still had a grip on his good reputation.

his target today was a businessman, the ceo of a large shipping corporation. xan never asked his clients why they hired him, it wasn’t part of the job description. some would probably say that he was a heartless murderer, and he wouldn’t deny it, but he didn’t care what he did as long as he could outrun the consequences.

he had arrived at the point where he was supposed to fire, the building across the road from where the target would be. he was only in seattle for a few days, leaving xan no chance to freeze up and miss, but he was good at what he did and hardly ever missed. he scaled the 10 cursed flights of stairs, getting him to a point where he could see the target’s office and get a clean shot. now all he had to do was sit and wait. he pulled out a blueberry muffin and a cup of sweetened coffee. chewing on the muffin, xan looked towards the horizon. the sun was just starting to rise and the rain had stopped, leaving the sky to turn shades of pink and orange

even though he’s a “ruthless hitman”, xan still loves a good sunrise

word count ; 500 / 500
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】the caretaker

Postby kipin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
tryout topic
x
─────────────────────────────

kalon tryout by tonketzu
Last edited by kipin on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa 】hugo tryout

Postby kipin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

hugo! the seventh divine necromantic!
tryout form

✘ / hugo - necromancer
✘ / agender ( they / them )
✘ / asexual - aromantic
✘ / early - mid twenties

↳ what do they do for a living and how does it affect their relationships with others?

claude debussy’s ‘claire de lune’ echoed throughout the small cave-like room as hugo bounced their knee to the delicate, familiar tune. their mother used to play the lullaby to calm them down and help them focus, letting the individual notes settle into the small child’s mind like soft feathers.

hugo couldn’t figure these measurements out, they’d been at it for what seemed like hours. it was similar to what someone would call a ‘recipe’, but much more serious. necromancy was an extremely dangerous form of alchemy, one that if used by the wrong people could wreak havoc across the earth. if they got the measurements even a smidge off, the consequences would be tremendous. hugo might’ve been able to raise the dead, but they couldn’t raise the dearly departed if they were one of them.

hugo massaged their temples, a headache pending in the back of their skull like a thunderstorm about to erupt, lightning close to crackling free. they had to get this mixture correct before they wouldn’t be able to think clearly.

even hugo sometimes thought the ‘recipes’ were sketchy and far fetched, “half a bird skull nestled into the ashes of an ancient redwood, doused in the corrupted waters of a lake from hell”…

what does that even mean, ‘corrupted waters’.. hugo definitely didn’t know, which was probably not a good thing.

sitting back in the wobbly spinning chair that teetered beneath their butt, they looked up through the sky-light to see the white fluffy clouds slowly floating by.

most people didn’t understand the appeal of necromancy in the ‘modern ages’, why bring back grandpa when you could check up on your instagram page to see if anybody commented on your plain-old post of “the squad!”. hugo didn’t get it.

when they were a child, hugo, instead of playing with the other children in the sandbox, studied alchemy and physics. they were overwhelmingly smart for their age, so why not use it to their advantage? the other kids and their parents were always whispering about the child behind their palms like it would prevent hugo from hearing.

when hugo started high school seven years before everybody else their age, students began to gossip. “people call them the seventh divine necromantic because they’re too involved in the dead to have a loving relationship with the living,” “they probably say they’re asexual just because they can’t find anybody willing to deal with their nonsense”.

hugo didn’t mind, their opinions didn’t matter anyway. all the others were just specks of dust trapped in a wind hugo had learned to soar through freely long ago. hugo guessed that’s why they didn’t have any friends, they just didn’t value the company.

a solution popped into their head. hugo sat back up in the chair, the measurements of ingredients flowing through their mind where the stale memory had been mere moments ago.

even if the name had been given to them by bullies, ‘the seventh divine necromantic’ had a nice ring to it.

word count ; 500 / 500
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】caspian tryout

Postby kipin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:00 pm

x
x
you're my weakness, and you'll be the death of me
────────────────────────────────────

caspian ( cas ) kiyashixxx cis malexxx late teens / early twentiesxxx gayxxx just a sad city boy

when was a time they experienced unrequited love?

this is a 'long standing relationship thrown down the toilet
        because the crappy boyfriend lost interest' type of unrequited love

caspian walked through a puddle, water soaking into the soles of his converse and eventually into his socks. rain pelted down, a hypnotic rhythm being tapped into the top of the blue umbrella val held tightly in her hands beside him. shoulders too broad for the umbrella, water droplets fell lightly onto the back of his thin rain jacket.

they walked past a bakery, a cafe, a market. it was two blocks before val said anything.

“do you wanna talk about it?”, caspian didn’t answer, “cas”. nothing. she stopped. caspian’s forehead ran into the canvas of the umbrella and he halted. “cas…” val walked forwards so she could see his face.

tears welled up in his eyes. he choked down a sob, holding it in, trying to contain the flood that was about to come crashing down. “i’m fine.” he smiled. a fake smile. “just in shock, that’s all”.

“cas, you’ll find someone better. he was just using you for his own selfish reasons.” val placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

caspian jerked away from her touch, “you’re wrong,” for such a large person, he looked so fragile, “he just wanted to take a break, that’s it. we’ll be back together in no time”.

“if he would do something like this to you then why did you always speak of him so highly?" val's face was one of pity, "you used to talk about him like he put the stars in the sky himself when he did nothing but break you so much that the cracks in your heart are practically visible in your eyes.”

caspian laughed warily, his gaze still glossed over, “that’s the thing about love isn’t it? you’ll let them get away with murder, even if it’s your own.”
[ 294 ]

extra 1 - prequel

a sort of prequel to the original entry, giving more of a background abt what happened

caspian flipped to the next page of the newspaper crinkled in his hands, to an article featuring a traffic collision. a man too drunk to even be walking, and a family of four. all hospitalized, the drunk in critical condition.

“isn’t it terrifying how someone can go from living a perfectly normal life and some random person they’ve never even met can come in and mess everything up in a milisecond?”, caspian pipes up from the dining table he’s sitting at. his boyfriend is at the sink, doing dishes. he doesn’t answer.

“babe”, caspian sits waiting for a response, it doesn’t come. this has happened before, lots of times. these little one-sided exchanges.

“leo, seriously?”, caspian stands up, the legs of the wooden chair scraping across the concrete flooring. he ambles into the kitchen, coming up behind leo, who’s still standing at the sink, hands shoved into soapy water. caspian’s hands sneak around his waist, linking together in front. leo doesn’t even flinch.

“are you mad at me or something?”, caspian lets go and moves to sit on the counter, giving him a view of leo’s face. “babe. what’s wrong?”

leo finally moves, looking up from the sink half-full of dirty dishes. he looks angry. “don’t call me babe.”

caspian stiffens, his heart starting to beat a little faster. he’s mad? what did i do? was it something i said? he furrows his brows, “why not?”

“because i’m not your babe,” leo spits out, looking away, “i’m not your anything.”

“what do you mean?”, what the hell?, “we’re dating, doesn’t that mean i’m your boyfriend?”.

“not anymore. i don’t love you and i’m not your boyfriend. we’re done,” leo swallows and looks up, eyes meeting caspian’s.

“what?”, caspian’s heart is in his throat. he can’t breathe.

“get out, now.”
[ 299 ]

x
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 【 oa. 】seventh wonder

Postby kipin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 pm

^ clicky ^
┌──────────────────┐
└──────────────────┘
❝ when ra, the greatest of the gods, was created, his father had given him a secret name,
so awful that no man dared to seek for it, and so pregnant with power that all the gods
desired to know and possess it too — ❞

kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me