y a z u !   || tryout

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

 y a z u !   || tryout

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 am

Y A Z U / D R E A M - H O P P E R / M A L E / A G E  U N K N O W N  ( M I D - L A T E  T E E N S )

𝗬  𝗔  𝗭  𝗨!
┌─────────────────┐
why d r e a m another d r e a m
if every dream is here with me?

└─────────────────┘
theme. lullaby lyrics. we're beautiful

[ entry ]

Last edited by lysander on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

 y a z u !   || vignette

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 pm

vignette.

time is elastic in the in-between. a flurry of colors and super-saturation and a whirl of sounds— wings beating wind and lifting off into a kaleidoscopic sky. you're sitting on a ledge overlooking a fuchsian sea where the breeze smells sweet like sugar.

close your eyes. inhale. let it fill your lungs. let the warmth wash over you as the world turns.

you open your eyes again. the birds disappear into clouds far, far away. you can see for miles and miles on, where islands dot the honey-gold horizon, set aglow by the setting sun.

it's beautiful. as you know dreams can be.
              this is why you love your job, after all.

a wave of the hand and a book materializes next to you. you speak the words to be etched onto its pages, voice carrying the hints of a song:

"subject, age ten. female. reagents used: sunflecked honey, a seashell.
              conjures a sea as sweet as sugar. seems to be eternally dusk. it's nice!
              now, to replicate this again. i may have forgotten the proportions..."

a snap, and the book closes, vanishing into the air. you stand, peering down the ledge into the waves below.

then, you jump.
              you break the water's surface, but no water reaches you.
              instead, you dive into a familiar darkness. it's gone— the sea, the sky, the birds. the sound of the waves. then darkness gives way to candle light, and once again you're back where you started.

home.

the sandman sits at her desk in an enclave, potions and all kinds of materials laying about. all around her are pools as deep as eternity. as you rise out of one of them, she turns to greet you.

"are you ready for another dream?"

and you smile back at her, grin as big as ever.

"always!"

Last edited by lysander on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

 y a z u !   || about

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm

about.

yazu is a surveyor of dreams residing in a world between the waking world and the next.

his job entails visiting dreams of various individuals and documenting the contents of them as well as the materials used to create said dreams. he works with an entity better known as "the sandman" and in her realm exists countless— millions— billions of pools that, once jumped into, transport yazu into different dreams. recording his observations allows the sandman to refine her dust-making process and experiment with different base materials in order to produce different kinds of dreams with more ease. each ingredient alters, shapes, or somehow affects every dreamer, but the results vary from person to person— making yazu's job an indispensable part of the sandman's work.

of course, that's not entirely why he's there.
              in truth, souls such as yazu's— that is, trapped between realms —are extremely rare.
              in this world in-transit between consciousness and unconsciousness, only non-corporeal beings exist naturally. yazu was never meant to be here, but here he is.

unknown to him are his origins, which the sandman witnessed but never speaks of. she knows what happened and why. she knows that, once upon a time, yazu was alive. just a normal human like all the other humans she's created dreams for. then, one day, he died. his dreams up until his death were troubling to her. darkness, running, being chased by some creature he couldn't see— couldn't even hear, but he could feel the fear nevertheless.

no amount of dream dust could save him. she tried, and failed.

when she finally found his soul wandering aimlessly through her domain, his eyes were worn, tired. as if he'd been walking for a long, long time, looking for a final resting place. souls were never meant to be here, she knew. he would be as a ghost, haunting this plane for the rest of time.

so, she took him in. made up a job, some purpose to fill his endless days with.
              they've been together ever since.

Last edited by lysander on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

 y a z u !   || personality

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm

personality.

yazu has no idea what he was like before, when he was alive and a human. he doesn't remember his past either— perhaps only in the most fleeting of fragments, flashes of feeling that hit him much like deja vu. but honestly, he doesn't mind— doesn't care. with every passing moment an adventure to a new reality, a new dream, a different world and a different time, why bother looking towards what's been said and done? all the places to see, all the things to do — even eternity isn't long enough to explore it all.

maybe this is the reward for whatever he went through in his waking life, he thinks. maybe this is what heaven's supposed to be like— from the sandman's hidden expressions (the way she looks at him, just a hint: sadness) this probably isn't the case. but it doesn't matter to him. he's moved on and let go, embracing the new with open arms.

of course, not every dream is a good dream. sometimes it's scary. sometimes he finds himself back in dark labyrinths that seem all too familiar to him somehow. sometimes he wakes up with a start in the sandman's arms, her expression twisted in pain (how stoic she usually is!) as his beating heart races, sweat rolling down his forehead. sometimes he rushes into these dreams with a foolish naivete. sometimes he ends up hurt— and though he can never die, he knows all too well that some scars are not physical.

yet, yazu is, by all means, happy. he has his purpose. he has someone who cares for him.
              and all those countless sleepless nights he doesn't remember— though he'll never dream again, it doesn't matter.

he'll let the world dream the dreams he never got the chance to.

lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

 y a z u !   || design notes

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 pm

design notes.

a poofpoof design based on this human one possibly?
      feel free to go crazy with it! i'm leaving it to you since i love your designs ;w;
      all these are just suggestions! especially no need to do clothes on the poofpoof- that's just there because Human

Image Image
      Image Image

palette ideas/suggestions if you don't want to use the above!
      palette 1
      palette 2
      palette 3
      palette 4

i LOVE bright colors so definitely more color than on the human ref please!
      horns and stars would be lovely, wings would be a bonus!

i may put a sketch here later if i've got time :lc

x
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me