& i cannot grow.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

& i cannot grow.

Postby flie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 am

AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          AND I AIN'T NO HERCULES
          BUT THERE'LL BE COINS ON MY EYES
          TO PAYTO PAY

Last edited by flie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
flie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prestige: human & elf roleplay 2014

Postby flie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓

CARVER EMERSON:
SECOND LEADER
sexuality: heterosexual;
tags: all of sophia's group, thranduil, randir;
weapon(s): dagger & whip

ooc: ohmygosh this is disgusting...
but finals are coming and i have enough
homework to keep me busy all year so
i guess this is the best i can do for now ^^"

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
                  she catches sight of the elf and then her dagger in his hands, the same dagger she has always had since the beginning of the hunt, and the one that was aimed to knock the elf king down. for the elf to have it must mean one thing: she missed. maybe her strength was weak or aim was off. her focus could have tethered at the last second or the wind could have interrupted the dagger's journey. but, regardless of the faults, she missed. cursing lowly, the girl glares at the new elf with question floating in her eyes. the man surely has powers, being that he showed up in the fight in just a blink, and has wickedly strong senses. he had caught her dagger and is playing with it as if he isn't standing in the center of a battle. his look unravels her, making her body tense with uncertainty. "you-" just as carver goes to speak, a booted foot flies into her line of vision and she quickly lets her legs give out to dodge her opponent's kick. the elven warrior's powerful blow had missed its intended target, but grazed the top of her head, giving her something similar to a headache. now is not the time to question the strange elf with her dagger, but to fight for her race.

or so, that's what she thought. just as she sends an elf onto the floor with a powerful kick to his abdomen and readies herself to lunge at the man with her weapon, sophia's voice sounds. carver's whip almost falls out of her hand as she stops in mid lunge, eyes going wide with shock. surrender. sophia, her higher up and the group's second command, just surrendered to the very race who killed her brother and their friend; the very man they had wanted to kill for years... she gave the king who has done nothing but ruin their lives all of their effort and plans. sophia handed the king the humans' lives on a silver platter.

carver feels sick.

will an instant wave of fury, carver cracks her whip and quickly swipes her arm to hit the elf in front of her (randir) across his torso with a loud growl. looking around, the stench of blood becomes stronger as she gazes at all of her fallen comrades, and those barely standing. this is it. this is the end of their mission. after years of agony and shedding blood, their hunt is over. they have failed. they failed their comrades, fallen and standing. they have failed their families and friends. they have failed the entire human race. they have failed gabriel and orfius. carver huffs out a scream before hanging her head. "no! i won't give up!" her bitter voice raises. "our efforts will not be in vain! gabriel and orfius' deaths will not be meaningless!" nearly sobbing from the anger burning her chest, she attacks anyone who comes near her. elven guards immediately swarm carver as her whip becomes a beast and her fists wild. she swings and swipes at all, eyes blazing with rage.

her adrenaline takes control as she kicks away from a warrior's hold and spins around to punch him across his face, her knuckles splitting from the man's armor. hissing past clenched teeth, carver tackles the elf. they land on the ground with a harsh thud, sand going everywhere, and immediately carver can taste iron. her lip had split open. hands come from all around as they grab for her, and she desperately tries to squirm away. she can't be taken by them! she won't be taken by them! the brunette human sinks her teeth into the nearest offending hand but is grabbed harshly by her ankles. the hands drag her on the ground causing a strangled cry to escape from the girl as the hand grips tighter and tighter around her small ankles. another pair of hands twist her arms back, her whip finally falling from her hand and onto the harsh ground.

gasping for breath and a heart racing ninety miles per hour, carver violently shakes her body, twisting and turning in an attempt to escape the warriors' holds. the grip on her ankles disappears but she cannot be relieved as her head is forced down roughly and her arms go even higher onto her back. a loud pop echoes throughout the clearing and pain instantly shoots up carver's arm. her right shoulder has been dislocated. carver bites her lip with a grunt and stinging eyes. she can no longer handle a weapon... at least, not as well. her left hand is her weakness, for she has injured the left arm too many times for its strength to be as good as her right one. she can no longer fight. choking down a scream, of agony, fear, or rage, carver apologizes to the fallen warriors and friends she once knew, and surrenders.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓

CARVER EMERSON:
SECOND LEADER
tags: all of sophia's group, thranduil;
locaton: elven palace

ooc: please please please correct me if i made
any mistakes, im not quite sure what's going on but
i think i may have done okay?

its also a bit crummy but its first post so meh /shrugs/

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
                  sometime during her childhood, carver was convinced the trees were talking to her. with every sway a tree would speak its incoherent tongue, and every rainfall the voices would silence. at first, as to be expected, the young carver was scared of the voices, and credibly confused. of course the trees didn't actually talk, she would remind herself. but even that little reminder didn't keep her away from the forest her curiosity lead her to daily.

carver fell in love with the forest as the day by day visits continued, and gained comfort from the voices of the trees. though she was never able to comprehend the words she heard, she could tell they were nothing but sweet. the trees became her friends and her escape. whenever down, the young girl would run into the forest to be consoled by the plants' words. her free time became tree time (apologies for how corny that was.) she learned to climb the trees with the mindset of getting closer to the voices.

in the end, though, no matter what the girl did, she never did get closer to the voices. a day with rain that pierced the ground like arrows came and carver visited the forest with concern. the voices were gone, like how they always were when raining, but carver stayed (until her parents found her, of course.) the next visit, the trees did not speak. nor did they the visit after that.

the trees were done talking to carver.

thinking back on it, carver must have been some sort imagination prodigy. now she knows, or at least is sure, elves were what she heard all those times, not nature itself. to think she was so close to elves as a child sickens her. maybe not all elves are bad, but if the ones from her childhood met her, she's sure they would not be the kindest of creatures.

carver draws her whip as soon as she lands on the other side of the wall with a light thud. now is not the time to think back on the "happy" memories, but to think about the happier memories she will have once the elf and human war is over. her group will bring the war to its knees and end it once and for all, saving the lives of many humans and her own family. it has been four years since she has seen them, and joined the human group is in now, but she knows her family is safe. a neighbor had given her notice of her family of three made it safely into a military shelter, due to her neighbor's veteran status.

carver had let sophia handle their group and the recent elves as she observed their surroundings, discovering various of ways to escape in case their plans fail. the group of humans are trained, loaded with weapons, but have no magic like the elven. they also have much smaller numbers than the elven kingdom, and will be easily outnumbered if discovered. with those points in mind, carver only found two escape routes that would be somewhat helpful. since their size is small, they can go on more narrow and long paths, but getting there would be hard considering the fact that they are now inside, not outside where carver spotted the routes.

plus, there is the fact that the king is now in front of the group with his sword drawn and haughty speech. carver cracks her whip on instinct. the fight will start sooner than expected, but that will not damage the group's plans. the sooner they kill the royals, the sooner they finish their mission. her legs spread by a few inches and her weight is lifted to have lighter movements as she gets in a defensive position. with one hand on the dagger at her hip and the other hanging with her whip, she grins ever so slightly. "this is just perfect," she directs to sophia while staring at the elven king, "he saved us the trouble of looking for him; how thoughtful." the girl's eyes shine with confidence as she prepares herself for another eventful battle. a rational person would give themselves up to the man who has archers positioned for her death, but carver wouldn't. though she knows the archers wouldn't hesitate to shoot, she also has confidence in her abilities. sure, she may not be a ninja or secret agent, but she has dodged a few arrows before; one more training exercise wouldn't hurt.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓

CARVER EMERSON:
SECOND LEADER
tags: all of sophia's group, thranduil;
locaton: elven palace

ooc: im not proud of this /shrinks back in to corner/
but i wanted to squeeze something in before
going somewhere. ^^'

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
                  the sickening smell of blood floods carver's nose to which she hisses at. her comrades had been struck, pierced by the elven archers, within a matter of seconds. carver had stepped back to avoid the archers' aim and barely dodged the experts' arrows, coming out with only a sting in her cheek caused by a grazing of an arrow. the others were not so lucky. she doesn't need to look around to know how many were injured in just that time frame; the scent of iron is strong enough for her to know almost half of their group was knocked down. growling under her breath, the girl slams her foot down on the arrow that harmed her cheek. the arrow smashes with a loud crack, splintering and shattering in one small area.

carver's skin is crawling, but out of anger. how dare the elf man take them lightly! although he is the king and they are merely humans, they still have skills. these skills kept the group of mortals alive, and have felled many of the elven folk; the same skills that will bring the king of elves and the war to their knees.

chuckling under her breath, the twenty two year old picks the arrow head up slowly. carver can feel the elven archers watching her with their beady eyes, and she just may feel like putting on a show for the bloodthirsty species. with a swift and sharp movement, the arrow head pierces into a nearby barrel with a echoing thud, the liquid contents seeping out of the barrel slowly. "your majesty," she glares with a sick smile. "i do not think it to be fair if we are to be judged without a nice battle? we have skills, yes, but also power, heart, and strength." the opposing girl's shoulders straighten and her chin tilts higher. "im looking forwards to see you and your archer's skills; i do hope they can match ours for a good fight." eyes blazing with excitement, the girl never takes her gaze off the king while speaking directly to him. the disrespect the second leader gives the royal is clear and intended, for she wishes to anger to king to the point he engages in combat. as soon as he begins to fight, he will be open, and will die. if the king were to not fall, the group will still be able to retreat or maneuver into the castle for the king will be too busy with the fight to pay attention to all of the warriors. the plan isn't fool proof, but will give them some means of escape. carver readies her whip, her fingers strumming along the handle as she waits eagerly. her dagger is still not drawn, but its blade is peeking out from its sheath as carver places a hand on the small sword.

the fight sophia that officially started only moments ago has made carver's adrenaline boost, readying her for intense combat. it has been a while since carver has had a good fight, and never has she fought the king's men. excitement courses through her veins. though she is not bloodthirsty, she sure doesn't mind a nice battle. the second leader does not wish to see her comrades fall, so she engages in only the fairest of fights with them around.. but now the mortal has no chose of who she fights with and cannot protect all of her allies while protecting herself. despite that fact, she is still excited. "let's see how well they dance," she thinks wickedly while watching the men beside the king, clenching her hand around her whip.

Last edited by flie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
flie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the end is nigh: one on one 2015

Postby flie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:15 am

gage miller

Gage watches as the other boy tends to him, eyes glazed over by unshed tears. The vines snake up his arms and dig into his wounds, a sharp prick Gage hisses at before realizing nothing hurts. Well, nothing except for the untended wounds. The boy stares in awe, though face still fallen and mood not far from. He is lucky he had such a resourceful savior. He is lucky he had a savior at all. Truly, if it hadn't been for the stranger, Gage would most likely be dead. The thought shakes him just enough to stiffen against the vines, that then tighten around his wounds. It's almost a warning for him not to move, and a warning he heeds to.

He hasn't been out in the real world, the human world, for more than a day but he has learned one thing: this stranger who can control nature may be his key to survival. Gage glances over to the injured boy beside him. It amazes him how well the other can control his power, while Gage can barely prevent from burning down everything he touches. It is almost a miracle the vines haven't shriveled to ash yet, but maybe that's because they aren't normal vines.

With minor curiosity Gage goes to flick open his hand and ignores the searing pain from the action. He had burned his hand with his own fire, the skin on his palm pulling back by layers and curling like a paper to a flame. The burn had broken enough skin to draw blood, but that isn't what surprises him. In the middle of the charred palm is a small, flickering flame with deep red streaming from the open wound. Gage doesn't stop to watch it dance before he closes his hand. Even after he can still feel the heat of the fire, and even the small smoke trail of his burning flesh.

Gage tries to relax but can't seem to escape himself. His eyes are unable to stay in one place, the irises an autumn orange and whites a yellow to match. His hands dig into the ground below him and feet coil and uncoil again and again. He has never been so restless before, not even in the lab. It was so simple back in the lab, but out here Gage feels nothing is as it seems. His habit to over trust may become his downfall in this world, but he cannot help himself from replying to the other boy. The boy had indeed saved his life not once but twice, and even continues to do so with his magical healing vines. Maybe he isn't so bad, or maybe it's just Gage's nerves trying to calm themselves. Either way, he goes for it. "..Thank you," Gage whispers before willing his eyes to stay on the other, "for this and before.."

Outside the tree is quiet, but Gage only hears noise. It may possibly be his heart pounding in his chest, or the sizzling of his skin against flame. It may also be a human from before, the people with torches and rage and death and... Gage shuts his eyes, then opens them just as quickly. The townspeople will be visiting his dreams tonight, perhaps to finish what they started, and Gage cannot fake excitement for the later time of sleep. Even closing his eyes sends the villains from before back into his sight, and scares him enough to dread each blink. The fire mutant digs his fingers into the ground and tries to distract himself from the fear growing inside. "It's really cool.." his throat is scratchy, "how you can just bend nature." The shaking boy cracks a smile. "Can't imagine why anyone" - his breathing picks up - wouldn't want that."

He stops talking and looks away from his savior to calm his rapid breathing. The heat in his hand intensifies and swells along his hand, fingers sweating against the flame. Gage does nothing to stop the flame, not even noticing its increase, as his mind races over the previous events once again. Tears well in his eyes while images of the townspeople appear before Gage buries his face in his arms. His heart feels heavy as if it has sunk and chest in horrible pain. What has he done to hurt those people so much that they would want to harm him, let alone kill him? Could he possibly get them to forgive him for whatever sin he committed? Did he even commit one? Gage lets out a hushed cry. "What did I do to them? Why do they want to kill me..? I didn't do anything.. I didn't do anything.." His voice, high and pained, raises to a desperate plea as he sobs in his arms. "Why are they trying to kill us?!"

GAGE MILLER
POWER xx PYROKINESIS xxx HEALTH x 91% & HEALING

Gage had slept much less than peacefully. His dreams haunted him with the twisted reality, the townspeople successfully slaughtering his charred body. He couldn't be more grateful to Salem for waking him up. He could feel sweat beading at his hairline and heartbeat fail to steady, breathing erratic from either the previous night or dream that came with it. For once he managed to calm himself, though hands still shaking and flame unsurprisingly still burning, before steadying his gaze on the other boy. His kindness truly surprised Gage, but definitely did not disappoint him. Hopefully Salem would stay with Gage along his journey, or at least until he could survive on his own. Gathering enough courage to speak Gage introduced himself, face stiff from crying even in his dreams. "I-I'm Gage. Nice to meet you, Salem." He took the granola bar slowly but with interest.

His gaze shifted from Salem to his supplies, eyeing the bag with curiosity. Timidly he crawled over to examine the supplies and sat beside Salem, teeth chewing on his bottom lip. He only cast a quick glance at the other mutant before looking back to the materials. Surprisingly he was able to recognize few of the objects, clothing not too far from home. The bullet-less gun was also familiar, though not for the best of reasons. Gage had heard the shots more than he saw them back at the lab, but was never personally harmed by them. The black weapons were always strapped to the scientists' waists, and even some of the townspeople from earlier possessed them. Gage was foreign to the other supplies, but wanted to know everything about them. "Salem? What are these?"

Not daring to touch the pistols Gage's hand connected with the plastic bottle and shook it lightly. The liquid inside - water? - swished around the bottle, moving along all areas. He only watched it move for a few seconds before growing bored and placing the bottle back in the bag. He truly felt like a newborn, so new and naive to the world around him. In his defense he was isolated off for years, nearly his whole life, to only dream of the outside world. The most adventure he would experience was when the scientists changed his food or preformed new tests. He had plenty of scars to prove it, and was sure Salem did as well.

With an ever growing curiosity Gage lifted his stare from the bag to his surroundings. Last night he wasn't able to take in the area due to his sobbing and fear. Looking at it now had him forgetting the previous night for just moments, too awed by the scenery to worry. Around the two were thick, weaving roots. The tree roots acted as a cage around the mutants and for once Gage wasn't scared but felt secure. The tree had protected them from the outside, thought the outside didn't look the least bit harmful. Bright green bushes and ferns covered the land that wasn't already taken up by the many trees. Moss grew on many of the free soil and trees, and mushrooms poking out from the ground in multiple colors.

What shocked him the most were the vines wrapping around the tree just above him and Salem. These vines were thicker than the rest and seemed to be out of place, almost as if forced from the ground. Some of the vines were nearing death as ash ate away at their sides, and others appeared fresh. Gage almost winced when his gaze followed the vines and to the charred ground around them.. He had a good idea of what happened there, and wasn't proud of his destruction.

Gage adverted his eyes from the ashen ground, too ashamed to stare any longer, and looked back to Salem. The boy carried harsh bruises on his body, to which Gage immediately reacted to. "Oh gosh, Salem, I'm so sorry!" The fire mutant fussed, mind flashing back to the fight between Salem and Gage's attacker. If Gage hadn't let himself be cornered Salem would have never been hurt (because of him at least,) and Gage felt obligated to repay the favor. He looked around the area for anything to heal his savior's wounds with but came up short, realizing he knew absolutely nothing about medicine or medical herbs. He truly was clueless. "U-um.."

GAGE MILLER
POWER xx PYROKINESIS xxx HEALTH x 91% & HEALING

The dagger's handle was warm from Salem's side but other than that, the weapon was not appealing to Gage. He shifted the object in his palm with a perplexed expression; Gage knew well why he would need the item, and wished he had it earlier, but had no experience with fighting nor weaponry. It was obvious the dagger's main purpose was for defense, though Gage worried he wouldn't have the guts to draw it when needed. Nevertheless he gripped the small weapon loosely and followed behind Salem, teeth picking at his lip as he made his way over the shrubbery.

With his back arched in instinct, Gage walked closely behind his new friend? as his eyes struggled to stay on the person before him. The little town was quiet, a suspected trait of an abandoned area yet Gage's nerves were still plucked. In Salem's hand was a gun and Gage knew all too clear why. The reason scared him to bits, and made him shuffled closer to the earth mutant's side. "Salem?" He whispered tentatively. A white picket fence, a victim to graffiti and obvious tear, was their last obstacle until the first house. Gage wanted to welcome the easy circumstances. "Are we going to stay here?" The idea unnerved the shaking boy, though not more than surviving without shelter. As many chills the place sent up his arms, Gage felt it was the best protection they would get for a while. He was relieved knowing they would be with a roof and food, a spark of excitement changing his demeanor.

Interest betrayed him as the boy broke away from Salem's shield, back straightening to its full height for Gage to peer over the fence. It was short, and allowed him to see straight into the withering back yard. Evidence of once blooming flowers trailed along disheveled beds of soil, once vibrant petals now spread among the dirt as their stems slouched low. The grass had multiple patches of crusty brown blades, the green areas only the minority. A rusty play set's swing shifted in the corner of the yard, nearly hidden by the outside trees' shadows. Gage's eyes twinkled at the sight, in either awe or disappointment. When he had wanted to travel the world, this was not a sight he expected. He could only imagine Salem's reaction. Although the yard itself was in poor condition, the house was surprisingly better off. Sure, a few windows were shattered and the screened-in porch had some major tear, but it wasn't an impossible shelter. Gage certainly thought it was safer than an old and worn hut.

A sudden rustle in the bushes came from beside Gage and startled the mutant to a jump (and an embarrassing whimper.) Fearfully he turned to the noise, a shaking hand clutching at the dagger in his palm. The rustling continued, and Gage could only think of the townspeople from before. He had a feeling they would haunt him for some time. When the sound of leaves against leaves became louder Gage sent a panicked look at Salem. Gage, the inexperienced teenager, was closer to the nearing noise. If a fight were to break out, he would die in a heart beat. His hazel eyes wanted to shut in fear but Gage held them on the clattering bush. He had to be ready for anything. When a small animal darted out from the shrub Gage nearly shrieked, but caught himself as he watched the bushy tailed rodent scramble away. Although he was clueless to what he just saw, Gage knew it was completely harmless and that knowledge made his rosy cheeks darken.

Despite the urge to cry Gage let out a confused laugh. He could not believe he had nearly pissed his pants over such an adorable creature! The animal was barely the size of his foot, yet he was trembling before it. Another laugh escaped the boy before he broke out into burst of giggles, the relief of the entire situation finally blooming. In his heap of laughter Gage turned to his companion, "We should stay here."

After mentioning their stay once before, Gage hadn't thought of him and Salem splitting ways. Gage had already attached himself to the other boy. Salem saved him, after all. His attachment was justified. As well as Gage's personal hero, Salem was also highly reliable. The earth mutant knew much about the current world, and could even control his powers. He would have been undoubtedly Gage's role model back in the labs, and is already nearing the position as time passes on. Being with Salem gave Gage a sense of security, and the thought that being with Salem would grant him even more days of survival. He only hoped the other boy would think the same.

GAGE MILLER
          POWER PYROKINESIS xx HEALTH 91% & HEALING xxWORD COUNT 867
      Gage was a second away from screaming when he peered around Salem's back and spotted the aimed rifles. He stared down a barrel with a gaping mouth before glancing at the defensive humans. They were a group of three, and seemingly younger than most humans Gage had seen before. The girl, a tall woman with striking blue eyes, didn't appear much younger than Gage himself, and the other similar humans barely older than she. Although the small group wore bruises and scars as accessories, they did not strike Gage as harmful. Their weapons, on the other hand, did worry him. Gage had seen the damage such guns could inflict, and was no fan. The fire mutant timidly drew closer to Salem for protection as his hands warmed below the skin. Fearing an eruption of flames, Gage to lace his fingers lowly on his back. His irregular bursts of power could jeopardize Salem and his lives, as well as his forming plan.

With a quick look up to Salem, Gage shook out, "y-yes, we are. A-are you hu-human, too?" Behind his back scorched his hands, the skin hot against skin as he struggled to contain the heat. His face flushed in dread though he still prayed for his act to fool the humans. If it did, he and Salem could find a permanent place to stay. Although they would live a lie, at least they would live. He felt his hopes diminishing, though, when the barrel he had looked down was pressed against his chest. The cold metal against sweltering skin nearly gave his species away and Gage was sure the gun would melt. His eyes shut tightly at the thought, a fear similar to what he felt outside the house seeping through his mind. He was going to be killed, and then Salem as well.

A small "hmph!" came before the barrel left his chest in almost urgency, and made Gage stumble in shock. Brown eyes snapped open at the sudden change before focusing on the bickering humans. "You dim-wad! Can't you tell the poor kid's like us?!" The fire mutant had to bite his tongue from not pointing out their similar ages, and instead blinked rapidly at the sight before him. The short girl was whacking her much taller companion in the chest with her bag. The other men were in as much surprise as he, though recovered before Gage. Apparently it was a common occurrence in their group. Relief quickly filtered Gage's senses as the boy gave Salem a bright smile, unable to compress his excitement. He had done something right! His plan had worked, and he had been helped! Truly Gage would have jumped in glee if his sudden happiness wouldn't be suspicious. Instead the mutant tried to calm his grin, only managing it into a tight lipped smile. He could not believe he had actually tricked the group, and was extremely proud of himself. (There was a slight spark of guilt for deceiving the kind girl, but he had to push it aside.)

Hesitantly Gage stepped forward as the girl's abuse ended. He only managed a few steps before he steeled himself beside Salem's form, not willing to venture much farther from his protector. Warm blue eyes meet his weary (yet ecstatic) form, a slight smile meshing the girl's cracked lips. "Sorry," he hadn't realized how raw her voice sounded until then, "it's just been a while since the last... one of us." She took a short pause, as if talking so much was a difficult task. "There aren't many visitors around here anymore." Gage was confused; he couldn't understand why such a stable town wasn't a main attraction to fleeing humans, but kept the question to himself. Instead the boy merely shook his head and muttered, "i-it's fine..." It was not, not at all, but he tried to hide his opinion for it could have risked their hospitality (or at least the girl's.) Really the gun against his chest, just a twitch away from his heart, would become another object of terror to keep him up at night.

The girl herself was not threatening, and almost gave him the same safe feeling Salem did. Her welcoming smile among a body of bruises truly spoke for itself, and Gage could most definitely see her as a potential friend. She and Salem seemed strangely familiar, but Gage figured it was just because their easy welcome to him. A different voice pushed Gage from his thoughts, one much deeper but lacking the rich southern accent of his partners. "So.. what brought you here?" The man had a short beard, the only difference between him and the other. Perhaps they were twins, or of blood relation. He certainly seemed nicer than the other, and Gage could tell he wouldn't press a gun onto a teenager's chest. But despite the man's charm, Gage still found himself fidgeting under his stare. He wasn't entirely sure how to answer the question, or if he even should. Instead he glanced at his own companion at a small plea for help, lip trapped as his chewed at the chapped skin. To Gage's relief, the stranger caught on. "What about yer names?"

GAGE MILLER
          POWER PYROKINESIS xx HEALTH 91% & HEALING xxWORD COUNT 997
      The air was tense, and Gage knew it. Seeing Salem fret over the humans buried low in Gage's chest, and he nearly wanted to apologize for suggesting they stay. However, Gage was sure they had found a safe place to stay. He didn't believe Beth and her companions were anything but blessings to them, and went to voice his opinion. "I don't think they're bad people.." Cautiously the mutant sat a distance, or as far as the small bed would allow, away from Salem with a soft sigh. "Uh, I-I.. I think they genuinely want to help us.." He bit his tongue to think, not sure where his words would lead their friendship. Although Gage was positive they had discovered a safe haven, he didn't want to risk his safe haven. Salem had saved him two times within a span of twenty four hours; Gage could not just leave him for three strangers without last names. It didn't help that Salem was also a mutant, and also extremely kind. With a low glance at the sulking boy beside him, Gage tried to reassure him, "But, um, we could just try it out here? And if anything bad stands out, leave?" He doubted the three could do anything bad, except maybe for the man who pointed a gun at Gage's chest, but kept his thoughts to himself.

Instead Gage busied himself with examining the room. They were placed in a room no bigger than his isolation cell back in the labs; it was possible the room was smaller. Old and worn wallpaper peeled from the dented walls, small purple flower decal edging along the wood frame with tacky glue. A single picture frame stood out on the empty wall across from the door. It seemed to once have been an elegant decor, but was now coated in dust and cobwebs. To Gage's surprise, it lacked a photo and instead supported a white background. Gage vaguely wondered what the purpose of the frame was, but rid of the question when he heard a soft tap at the door. With a sideways look at Salem, whom seemed to not be getting up anytime soon, Gage rose from the stiff bed and headed to the door. Even the door seemed to be falling apart, but Gage paid no mind. With a slow movement he grasped the door knob, biting his lip in hopes his flames would not react to the cold metal. Thankfully, they did not, and Gage opened the door in a slick motion.

Standing in front was Michael again, with a broad smile Gage couldn't help but respond to. A faint smile littered Gage's lips before Michael's southern accent rang, "grub's ready, friends. Ya'll best be in the kitchen fast before Rick and I take all the goods." Gage had never heard an accent like Michael's, though Rick's was much stronger, and was still a bit startled by it. In his usual meek voice Gage tried his best to seem unsettled when he replied. "Um, thanks. We'll be there.." He wasn't quite sure when, a question which hung off his words as they died out. Salem may not have been as willing as he. Michael seemed dense to Gage's hesitance and merely nodded his grinning head before walking off. With a soft sigh the fire mutant turned to face Salem once again, drawing his hands from behind his back with a loose grip on the small dagger. Despite their opposing opinions on the family, Gage agreed with Salem's order to hide the dagger. He didn't suspect he would need to use the dagger on their new friends, but found it would be useful to have by his side. It still didn't feel natural in his hands, but Gage figured he would get used to it soon.

"I know you don't like them," Gage tried once standing near Salem, "but I, I still think we should eat." His fingers found the edge of his - Salem's - shirt, the other hand gliding along the dagger's handle. Salem's word was above all at the moment, and it was hard trying to deny the other mutant. "I-it may be the only meal we'll have a for a while.." Just a simple granola bar wouldn't supply two growing mutants, something Gage knew all too well with his seemingly empty stomach. He also knew Salem was in no better state. Gage reached to wrap his fiddling fingers around Salem's wrist and pull the older boy from the bed to stand beside him. He would not take no for an answer, their health before Salem's worry. Without another word the fire mutant, hand hot with suppressed flames, led Salem behind out of the room. He hadn't remembered the exact way from the kitchen to the room, but managed to find his way by using the loud laughter of the other group. Nerves plucked at his chest, fret Salem's thoughts were right, before he pushed them away and stepped into the kitchen.

At their arrival the group silenced their laughter to greet the mutants. Rick was the only exception of the group, although Gage may have heard the man utter a "hi" behind his siblings' chatter. Under the attention of Beth and Michael, Gage was unable to resist the blush which rested on his face. The laughter began again then, but only for a different matter. His blush grew even darker, and his grip on Salem's wrist even tighter. Beth was the one to break his embarrassment, her warm smile doubling the impact of her words. "Well boys, come on and sit at the table so we can say our prayers." Gage never found much relief in religion but somehow managed to grow excited at the thought of saying prayer. He nearly scrambled to the closest chair, eager to begin the feast before him. Canned foods was everything compared to granola bars. In a hurry, he connected his palms with Michael's and Rick's as Beth gave grace.
flie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me