night callers | CaK writing archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

night callers | CaK writing archive

Postby koushi. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 am

Welcome to the official archives for the Night Callers, my fictional dog pack from Create A Kennel. This thread is to store all of the written parts of the pack like traditions and relationships. If you want to meet the dogs themselves, click the link below. Please do not post here <3

writing portion [you are here] | create a kennel | meet the pack
Last edited by koushi. on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

origins

Postby koushi. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Background:

The Night Callers were founded long before any of the current members were born. Its leader was a dog named Luna, who dedicated her life to creating a pack for dogs to live in harmony with each other. She took in anyone who wanted to join and was merciless to those who wanted to destroy it. Her mate, Solar taught the dogs about the Star Walkers and is considered to be the first shaman. The kennel was a safe place that was full of peace and friendship. However, the kennel suffered a horrible winter and the camp was wiped out by a plauge.

For many moons, Luna walked the stars and searched for a dog who could carry on her pack's legacy. That was until she saw Ares, a dog with a kind heart but no path to follow. So, she came to him in a dream and told him that she had chosen him to be the next alpha.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reputation/Looks

Postby koushi. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 am

Since this kennel is very isolated, there is not much known about them. Night Caller dogs are notorious for stealth and speed. They have an ambush style of attack and use the shadows to their advantage during battles. That is why it is best to attack before nighttime, since they stick out more during the day. Night Callers, despite this fact, are quite peaceful and never escalate a battle unless they have to. They are welcoming to new dogs and hardly ever turn new members away. This, of course, can lead to some problems in the long run.

Looks:

Night Callers come in all shapes and sizes since no dog is every turned away. In general, the dogs are lithe and tall, and usually have dark coats (except for Jason cause he's a turd). They have long legs that allow for speed and dark coats to assist with camouflage.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby koushi. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 am

Overview:
    Night Callers live in a dense, shadowy forest that is overrun by weeping willow trees. The camp is set in a clearing bordered by thorn bushes and several of the low-hanging trees. The alpha's den is set under a large log called the "Fallen One" and it is where the alpha addresses the kennel from. The shaman's den or "hole" is to the right of the alpha's and is inside of an abandoned fox den. There is a small stream that trickles in from underground. The rest of the dens are made of mud and sticks, then reinforced with thorns. Common prey are mice, voles, rabbits, birds, raccoons, fish, and deer.

North Side/Border:

On the North Side of the territory, it is largely forest with only a few clearings. There is a small stream that runs through it where the dogs can fish and where shamans can collect herbs.

South Side/Border:

Like the North, the South Side is full of dense forest with lots of cover. There is only one clearing and this is where mentors bring their tenderpaws for training. There is also a patch of rocky terrain near the far border that is crawling with snakes. Tenderpaws like the dare each other to catch snakes here, much to their mentors' dismay.

East Side/Border:

This is the section of the territory closest to an abandoned twoleg nest that is harmless to the dogs. This is also the least dense section of the territory and where the Tenderpaws are trained for endurance.

West Side/Border

This section of territory is the most dense of the territory. This is where the Shadow Walking ritual takes place. There are many spots to hide but they are hard to find in the pitch black.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Beliefs/Traditions

Postby koushi. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:08 am

Omegas:

Unlike traditional kennels, Omegas are not considered "untouchables" or any less of a pack member. They are considered "Bronzeteeth". These bronzeteeth are simply those did not pass their Shadow Walk and are not part of the elite group of hunters and fighters. While nobody wants to be a bronzetooth, there are no major consequences if that is what happens.

Shadow Walking:

Shadow Walking is the graduation ceremony for Tenderpaws and determines whether they will be an Irontooth or a Bronzetooth. At the beginning of the ceremony, the tenderpaw is taken to the West Border by his/her mentor and two other kennel members, usually members of the family or the leader. The leader and shaman are there to see the tenderpaw off. When the sun sets, the tenderpaw runs into the forest and must avoid being caught by the three dogs chasing them. The only thing they are not allowed to do is go back to camp. It is also good to note that the three other dogs have rolled in mud to disguise themselves, making the tenderpaw blind to sights and smells. If the tenderpaw manages to evade the party until sunrise, they become an Irontooth. If the tenderpaw gets caught, then they become a Bronzetooth.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships

Postby koushi. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:40 am

Families:
((note: italicized names are NPCs, or dogs mentioned but not officially part of the kennel))

Ares x Enyo
      ➜ Agenta, Ajax, Basia, Jasper, Della
    ?? x ??
      ➜ Deimos, Anteros
    Dia x Cronus
      Cato, Eros
    ?? x ??
      ➜ Artemis, Apollo
    Nike x Apollo
      ➜ Spero, Argo, Zeus, Hera
    ?? x Jadus
      ➜ Circe, Helena, Jupiter

Other Relations:
    ➜ Athena and Hades are flirting (soon, soon)
    ➜ Nike and Apollo are flirting (later, dur)
    ➜ Ares is unsure of Hades (cause he's a sarcastic little turd and he's flirting with Athena who is basically his pup)
    ➜ Bello might be cruising on Diana
    ➜ Delphi and Jason are becoming best friends
    ➜ Delphi is a little ticked with Diana bc she hates that shamans can't take mates
Last edited by koushi. on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Post Archive

Postby koushi. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 am

koushi.

My pets