ani does writing ── ❅ ❅

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

which of my stories have you read?

the dialogue prompts
9%
the stormpilot stuff
9%
the jess/rey saga
9%
soulmate things
9%
advent things
9%
starbird team
9%
striker squadron
9%
my assorted gay star wars stuff
17%
none (yet?)
22%

Total votes : 23

strategic planning !!

Postby danheng » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm

"alright, listen up starbirds." karé slammed the clipboard down on the ping-pong table, the loud clap instantly grabbing the entire team's attention. "It's game week. you know what that means."
    "trust-building exercises and red-bulls all around!" jess called from the ratty couch pushed up against one wall, nearly tipping her half-empty drink over as she gestured with one hand. this was met with an irritated eye-roll from karé, who chose to ignore her teammate. jess tended to take things lighter than the other girl. not that their game was any less important to her.
    "no, that means we gotta talk strats. leader, anything to say on the subject?" her gaze flicked up as poe dameron crossed the room to lean both hands against the opposite side of the table. as always, the boy carried with him an aura of confidence. he was always smooth spoken, charismatic words with a hotshot attitude- even jess, a raging lesbian, admitted he was pretty hot- for a boy.
    "you know it, quatro. let's talk defense."

danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ooh a DIALOGUE prompt

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 am

"so, where is it today?" I fired up the delta-7 with a quick flick of a switch, moving to lean out of the cockpit as I gazed down at kaid. he was knelt before a green astromech, giving the droid a quick brief on their mission before they both boarded their ship.
    "somewhere fun!" he perked up, offering a light tap to the astromech's domed head before pushing to his feet.
    "oh, god, we're going to die, aren't we?" I was only half joking.
    "don't worry," kaid tched. "It's still the beginning of the week, I know how to restrain myself from the dangerous missions." he moved to lay one hand across the metal surface of his ship, waiting until the green droid had positioned itself before he boarded.
    "you absolutely do not." I pointed an accusing finger, eyes narrowing.
    kaid gave a dismissing shake of his head as he lifted himself into the starfighter and sat in the pilot's seat. "stop being so anxious, aari, it's bad for your health!"
    "oh yeah?" I grumbled, turning away to close the cockpit covering. my astromech gave a little blip to tell he was ready to go. "I'd think running about trying to kill everything with a laser sword was bad for my health."
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ooh a DIALOGUE prompt

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:39 am

when kaid said 'fun', I wasn't quite sure what I expected.
    this, though, was not it.

"this isn't good.." I muttered softly, saber held protectively in front of me, illuminating my features in the otherwise dark engine room.
    "how can you tell that?" I could hear the strain of stress in his voice, too, as kaid stood back to back with me, the gentle hum of his weapon low and steady a sharp contrast to the high frequency my orange blade let off.
    my eyes never left the line of blasters aimed right for my head. "see how they're surrounding us?" I hissed back. "and they all have blasters? and stun prods? and I think that one guy has a machete?"
    "I am painfully aware of our situation, aari. no need to illustrate our dilemma."
    "hey, you asked!" we were only wasting time.
    "drop your weapons, jedi!" the trooper with the orange pauldron spoke up, his voice dripping with a venomous hatred. no doubt the captain of the crew that had them cornered.
    "plan?" I regretted asking this every, single, time.
    "hell of one."
    and then, we fought.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ooh a DIALOGUE prompt

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 am

"so, about that plan." I spoke through huffed breaths as we darted down the hallway of the maze-like ship. I didn't know if he knew where we were going, or if we just wanted to get far from the soon-to-explode engine room as possible.
    "what plan?" kaid gave me a side-glance.
    this was it. I was going to die aboard a collapsing star destroyer with the biggest idiot in the galaxy.
    "you know exactly what I'm talking about!"
    "oh, that plan." he stopped abruptly, holding out a hand that I nearly slid into as I dug my heels into the ground to skid to a stop. "that plan was going well, wasn't it? until someone threw it OFF OF A BRIDGE!"
    "IT WAS ON FIRE!" I growled, wildly gesturing, as if to reinforce my anger.
    kaid gave what could have been a frustrated groan, or a sigh, possibly, before turning away from me, his hands clenching into fists. I could tell he was trying not to respond with a snappy retort, holding in as much irritated anger as he could.
    I felt satisfied.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

blurr

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am

-At the corner of your eye, you can see a blurry vision of whatever your soulmate is doing (like sitting down drinking coffee in your living room, even though they're doing this in another area) - transferred from wattpad

__

Most of the time, she's painting. That's what I love the most about her. I can never see what her painting looks like, but I can see her movements, the way she seems so relaxed, yet so focused at the same time. I think her art is beautiful. It must be.

When she isn't painting, she's working. I don't know if it's school work or a job, but she doesn't seem so happy when she's working. Her body tense. If I'm just careful, I can see her hands shaking. I'd like to see her face just once.

I can never hear her. If it's really, especially quiet, I can hear her paintbrush bristles against the canvas, the gentle scribbling of a pencil on paper, but never her. I'd like to hear her voice, just once.

And though I cannot make our her face I can always see her dark brown tumbling curls, spilling over her shoulders and down her back, obscuring most of her body from me. I can see her hands, pale from her lack of exposure to the sunshine. I don't see her when I go outside. That's when I'm alone.

__

Today she was crying. her body was trembling, curled up into a tiny ball, a fortress of emotion, a standing wall of our isolation. It was a pain unlike any other being unable to hold her, to tell her everything was going to be okay. When she cries I want to cry, too. I want to show her it's okay to cry and it's okay to be upset because I am here for her and I believe in her.

I'm sure she is beautiful on the inside, too. I am sure of it.

One day I can tell her everything.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ooh a DIALOGUE prompt

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 pm

I made it to the hangar just as the engines fired to life.
    "no- wait!" I froze in the doorway, panic seeping into my voice. with every breath a sharp pain jabbed through my stomach, my chest heaving from the exertion of running.
    as soon as he saw me, lee jumped from the cockpit of the starfighter, running to extend a hand, almost as if offering support. no way in hell I'd take it. "aari, what are you doing?" he spoke softly, looking me and up down with an expression of worry. "get back to the med-bay, please-"
    "I'm here. I'm ready. tell kaid I can help." despite the thin layer of sweat growing on my face and the burning of my muscles begging my body to slow down, I was determined not to let them leave without me. "don't tell me he's taking you- lee, you're not combat certified, you're going to get yourself killed!" I sounded like I was, a mess, my jumbling words tossed out like I couldn't say them fast enough. this was when I realized, with a sinking sigh, that I was not going to be able to go on this mission. "a-at least send someone else, rico- someone who can fight!" It wasn't until I'd spoken that I realized how hurtful that could have sounded.
    but lee didn't look hurt, upset. his eyes were wide, his gaze not of anger or frustration but of worry. I could hear it in his voice, the way his words reminded me of a brother chiding a sister. he was desperate.
    "let me do this. come on- you need to be in the med-bay." he shot a nervous glance back at kaid, who was beginning to exit his starfighter, but lee held up one hand, hoping the older man wouldn't take offense to him basically shushing kaid. "I-I'm just tired of you getting thrown off of buildings and getting shot at. you're always so close to the edge, aari- I worry about you." the genuine emotion to the words rendered me silent, as I stared blankly at him. this was my job- how could he not see that? "let me do this for you."
    I didn't have a choice.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kickoff

Postby danheng » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 pm

from the dead center of the field where he stood, he could see everything.
    from the puffs of breath in the cold wintry air, to the tense faces on the sidelines, breath held as they awaited the moment the ball would start rolling.
    the entire field was frozen in that moment. there was not a sound, for that split second, and all felt calm.
    the swift crunch of frozen blades of grass beneath pristine cleats, the thump of the impact that would send the ball skidding over the earth slick with ice and dew.
    in moments, everything changed.
    a kick of adrenaline and his entire mind shifted to that of a player.
    reflexes, instincts- everything pumped up to 11 as he set off like a dash of lightning to intercept the ball.
    it was like a target. his computer of a mind locking on to it and aiming right for the perfect angle-

breath. kick.
    that was all it took.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 am

-- alpha's boys
    elite group of pilots in the united coalition.
    captain lenore morrison. callsign alpha.
    lieutenant alexandre markk. callsign pretty boy.
    airman even tracy. callsign hotshot.
    airman lola patrick. callsign raygun.
    airman matías angelo. callsign angel.

whoo WIP
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ooh a DIALOGUE prompt

Postby danheng » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:41 pm

"she's... she's crying." it took a moment to realize that. I couldn't tear my eyes from her, though. it was like watching a train wreck. I wanted to do something, I had to- but I couldn't.
    "comfort her." he prompted, an underlying tone of urgency.
    I blinked up at him. "what?"
    "make her feel better."
    "I'm... sorry?"
    "try a hug."
    "a hug?"
    "If she hits me I'm blaming you."
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes