๏ผ๏ผˆ ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’ถ ๐‘”๐“๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ' ๐“ˆ๐’ธ๐“‡๐’พ๐’ท๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ ๏ผ‰

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

๏ผ๏ผˆ ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’ถ ๐‘”๐“๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ' ๐“ˆ๐’ธ๐“‡๐’พ๐’ท๐’ท๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:10 pm

hi
hi
hi
yo

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
แด›แด€ส™สŸแด‡ แดา“ แด„แดษดแด›แด‡ษดแด›s
i. intro
ii. ode to g-ma
iii. to where you are
iv. being cyber-schooled
v. my college essay
vi. titlexvii. title
viii. title

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
xxโ
Imageสœแด‡ แด›ส€แดœแด‡ แด€สŸแด„สœแด‡แดษชsแด›s แด…แด ษดแดแด› แด„สœแด€ษดษขแด‡ สŸแด‡แด€แด… ษชษดแด›แด ษขแดสŸแด…;
แด›สœแด‡ส แด„สœแด€ษดษขแด‡ แด›สœแด‡ แดกแดส€สŸแด… ษชษดแด›แด แดกแดส€แด…s.
- william h. gassxxxxxxxxโžxx

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
Last edited by sea glass. on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผ๏ผˆ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐“Š๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Imageello all! It seems you've stumbled across my
writing thread! Welcome! I'm glad you're here.
Basically, I adore writing. I first discovered my
passion for writing lwhen I was about eleven &
it's grown ever since. lI've been writingl for my
local newspaper since l2015,l & I have way too
many notebooks x& lword documentsl that I've
filled with random thoughts, poems, & short st
ories. lI even started a novel l&l wrote 70,000+
words before I scrapped it. l(Ah, thel painsl of
writing. It breaks my heart!)

Imagenywho, I digress. So this thread is basically for
me to share my writing with you, lwhich I'm sure
you've already figured out. In order to make this
less confusing I've labeled each piece in the post
subject; labels will include "article" (denoting an
article I had published in the paper), l"school" (a
piecex I lwrotel for lschool),l orl "miscellaneous"
(something I wrote lfor fun / on a whim.) This is
by no means all of my work,l but rather the piec
es I wish to share. So read on, friend! Read on.
Last edited by sea glass. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผ๏ผˆ โ๐‘œ๐’น๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐‘”-๐“‚๐’ถโž // ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰๐’พ๐’ธ๐“๐‘’ ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 am

author's note;; originally published november 22nd, 2016
    dedicated to my grandma. i miss you so much
    โ™ก

carImages of Saturday (Nov. 19), it's been two years since I literally watched my grandmother leave this world. I can still remember it like it was yesterday, and sometimes it feels like it was.
    carAfter a long and passionate fight against lung cancer for three years, God decided it was her turn to go.
    carWhile sometimes my heart wails at the injustice of it all, I find so much joy in all the memories I have of the times I spent with her.
    carGrowing up, my siblings and I went to G-maโ€™s house a lot. Sometimes, weโ€™d go there when our parents were working, and maybe even get to stay the night (a special treat).
    carAs I look back, I realize that it was the little things that made her so special. Like the way she loved to play solitaire on her computer, or how watching โ€œJeopardyโ€ together became a mandatory thing โ€” or our visits to the Philadelphia Zoo every summer.
    carOn a trip we took to New Orleans and Atlanta in April of 2013, she swam with beluga whales, held a baby alligator and did other awesome stuff that I could never picture a grandma doing.
    carShe always urged us to practice the piano more and study our hardest in school and be the best that we could be. She cheered us on through countless musicals, sports events and recitals. She encouraged me to write more because she knew I loved it so much.
    carThe finality of selling her house was the worst, because I think thatโ€™s when I realized she was never coming back. I realized that Iโ€™d never return to the place where Iโ€™d spent so many Christmases and sleepovers and everything in between with her. I realized that the memories โ€” oh, the memories so precious to me now โ€” were all I had left.
    carItโ€™s so hard to explain a person as wonderful as G-ma, but I miss her so much it hurts. Iโ€™m blessed to have spent so much time with her, and I cherish every one of those moments, no matter how silly or trivial they mightโ€™ve seemed at the time.
    carWhen I find myself missing her again, I like to think of this quote: โ€œDonโ€™t cry because itโ€™s over, smile because it happened.โ€

sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผ๏ผˆ โ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“Œ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’โž // ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ˆ๐’ธ. ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 pm

author's note;; originally written in november of 2014.
    dedicated to my grandma.
    i wrote this between the day that she died & her funeral. i read it at her funeral service.

november 19th, 2014โ”the day your world stopped turning

Almost
    Three years ago
    They told us of your cancer
    I told myself there was much time until
    The day your lips stopped smiling

Now it's last Christmas
    We're all gathered in your living room
    Safe and sound
    You look around the room and say
    "this may be my last Christmas with you all"
    we rush to speak
    "don't say that, Grandma"
    But I truly believed
    that I would spend so much more time with you before
    The day your eyes stopped seeing

My mom is waiting for me
    In the car
    I get in, she looks at me
    "they don't think she'll make it through the week"
    She tells me
    I grab her hand
    We start to cry
    And it is then I realize
    Your time was coming much too soon
    The day your lungs stopped breathing

That same day I'm in your house
    Sitting next to you in the hospital bed
    I'm holding your hand and
    You tell me "I love you very much"
    "I love you too, g-ma" I say
    And brush away my tears
    You see and say, "it's ok babes"
    Like you always used to
    I held your hand a little tighter
    Unaware that those words would be
    Your last to me until
    The day your hands stopped feeling

Wednesday, November 19th,
    two thousand and fourteen
    We're crowded around you
    We say our goodbyes
    -
    Your struggle is ended
    You fought so hard, you really did
    Until
    The day your heart stopped beating

I still can't believe
    That you are gone
    It seems that only yesterday
    We were watching Jeopardy
    And swimming with beluga whales
    And you were trying to fix my grammar
    I just want you to know
    I love and miss you so very much
    And I regret
    The day your world stopped turning~
sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผ๏ผˆโ๐’ธ๐“Ž๐’ท๐‘’๐“‡-๐“ˆ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‡๐“Š๐“๐‘’๐“ˆโž // ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰๐’พ๐’ธ๐“๐‘’ ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 am

author's note;; originally published july 4th, 2017

carImageetโ€™s face it: there are some pretty big stereotypes when it comes to home-schoolers. Because we are schooled at home as well, cyber-schoolers tend to be grouped right along with them.
    carIโ€™ve grown up calling myself home-schooled, because itโ€™s true โ€“ I do school at home โ€“ but technically Iโ€™m cyber-schooled. My school program, Agora, is different from traditional home-schooling because we have live online classes and a teacher for every subject, so I can get individual and specialized attention from a certified teacher. If our grades are good enough, Agora allows students to choose whether we attend live classes or not, which is incredibly convenient.
    carIโ€™ll say this now: I love being cyber-schooled. Iโ€™ll also have you know that Iโ€™ve never attended a public school (or โ€œnormalโ€ school, as Iโ€™ve heard it referred to) โ€“ Iโ€™ve been cyber-schooled my entire life.
    carThere are several stereotypes out there about being schooled at home, the first and most prevalent being that children who learn this way are anti-social. This is ridiculous, because while public school kids sit in classrooms with other students all day and see these other students every day, home-schoolers have to actively seek out friendships in activities they do with public schoolers or other home-schoolers.
    carSure, there may be some shy home-schoolers, but there are shy public school kids too โ€“ and who said there was anything wrong with being shy anyway?
    carAnother stereotype says that home-schoolers donโ€™t get real-world experiences like public school kids do. Actually, we probably get more than they do, because while they have to sit in a classroom for seven hours a day, weโ€™re off visiting zoos, museums and amusement parks, which are conveniently less crowded since everyone else is either working or in school. Weโ€™re also able to get jobs with hours during the school day and go on vacations during the school year, since we can do school basically anywhere as long as thereโ€™s wi-fi.
    carI feel that Iโ€™ve gotten so much real-world experience through my schooling itself, because I donโ€™t have a physical teacher looking over my shoulder all the time. Iโ€™m more independent and get to make my own choices, and I have to be responsible for those choices. I have to balance out and budget my own time, and (this one is huge) I donโ€™t have to ask a teacher to go to the bathroom.
    carLast but not least, people seem to have this crazy idea that we do school in our pajamas. However, this one isnโ€™t a stereotype โ€“ itโ€™s absolutely true.
Last edited by sea glass. on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผ๏ผˆ ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐‘”๐‘’ ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“Ž // ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ˆ๐’ธ. ๏ผ‰

Postby sea glass. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 am

author's note;; this was the essay that got me into my top college.
    there was a 650 word limit, so i had to cut down my original essay quite a bit, which leads me to believe this is definitely not my best work.
    however, i was accepted to the school, so that's pretty awesome.

carImagever since I was a child, reading has been one of my favorite pastimes. I guess it was only natural that I would turn to writing one day. I was about 12 or 13 when I first discovered my passion for writing and itโ€™s grown ever since, as through the years Iโ€™ve penned various short stories, poems, and other literary pieces. The most life-changing and exhilarating moment of my writing โ€œcareerโ€ occurred in October of 2015, which was the start of my sophomore year in high school and the beginning of a part of my life Iโ€™ll remember forever.

carMy local newspaper, the [classified info], is extremely special because teenagers can write for the paper. Seriously. In a weekly โ€˜newspaper within the newspaperโ€™ called โ€˜Voicesโ€™, every Tuesday, teenagers across my hometown of [classified info] get to open up that paper and read opinion pieces, news stories, and columns penned by ourselves. And hereโ€™s the best part: we get paid for it. Joining the group only took a quick application, and I was soon an official member of [classified info] โ€˜Voicesโ€™!

carAt the first meeting, I was beyond ecstatic to receive my first assignment: an article on the local Renaissance Faire in [classified info]. When the day for my visit arrived, I felt pretty important strutting around the Faire, snapping photos and holding interviews with different vendors and performers for my big article. Clear the way, folks! Journalist coming through! My first day as a reporter was awesome, but then came the real challenge: settling down with my laptop that evening to pen my first-ever newspaper article. I worked on that thing for hours before I was finally satisfied, and I turned it in with fingers crossed and a stomach full of nerves.

carTo make sure the stories for each week are turned in on time, โ€˜Voicesโ€™ articles run two weeks after theyโ€™re due. That meant I had to wait two excruciatingly long weeks for my first article to be published โ€“ but the day finally came on Tuesday, October 6th, 2015. My family doesnโ€™t actually get the paper, so we had to drive to a gas station to pick up the newspaper that day. We walked into the small convenience store, ignoring the potato chips on the shelves and the refrigerated sodas along the walls, making a beeline for the newspaper stands instead. My mom handed money to the cashier and we hurried from the store as I grasped the paper, staring down at the dayโ€™s headline. I stood on the pavement outside in the warm morning sunlight and gently unfolded the paper, finding the โ€˜Voicesโ€™ insert and rapidly flipping it open to scan the pages for my work. It seemed that an eternity passed as I searched for that article โ€“ then, lo and behold, there it was. My hands froze when I saw it. โ€œTurkey legs and more at Renaissance Faireโ€ proclaimed the headline, punctuated by the vibrant photos Iโ€™d taken. And below it, my words, my writing. Every last word on the page was mine. I could hardly believe it. Here I was, standing in front of a Sheetz, or Sunoco, or whatever it was, and I was realizing a dream Iโ€™d carried for yearsโ€ฆand it was coming true. It was truthfully one of the best days of my life.

carSeeing myself in print for the first time was such a powerful experience because it showed me that I shouldnโ€™t be afraid to dream big. My enthusiasm and hard work paid off and I was able to accomplish something at age fifteen that some people donโ€™t accomplish until they graduate from college or even later. The experience of opening that newspaper and seeing my words marching across the page in fresh ink is one Iโ€™ll never forget. Benjamin Franklin once said, โ€œEither write something worth reading or do something worth writing,โ€ โ€“ and I certainly intend to.
sea glass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me