Woes of Winter's War

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Woes of Winter's War

Postby Whispered Melody » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Chapter 5~
Ashisa turned her head to see the human. She then turned all the way around to face the human. The new girl gazed up at Ashisa, her cyan eyes filled with a determination. She lowered her sword, extending it threateningly towards the dragon. She than gazed behind her to Vera.
“YOU TRAITOR! I’ll get you first THEN the dragon!” She spat, sliding quickly on her feet until she was charging at the unsuspecting Vera. Vera knew this had to be her demise. The warrior kept sprinting forward. Quickly thinking, Ashisa flew in front of Vera before the girl could reach her.
“If you hurt one precious hair on Vera’s head, I’ll see you dead.” Ashsia threateningly growled.
The warrior stood her ground. She glanced at them both. The tension was thick enough to be broken with a feather, much less a knife. The three stared in an eerie silence that chilled their very souls.
“L-listen!” Vera whispered in fear, putting her hands in front of her. “What have we done to you, huh?? Just let us be on our way!” she demanded.
The mysterious girl glanced down at her sword, and swiftly maneuvered around Ashisa and next to Vera.
“I am sorry, I cannot do that. King Felicia has asked me to round up all the traitors and enemies for executions.No exceptions!” She barked.
“Is this what YOU want? To live under a corrupt ruler who is fighting people who only wish to defend their king like you do? His majesty murdered a truly apologetic and loyal king, and if you’re stupid enough to say that is justified, I hope you die with all the other fools.” Vera retorted.
At the sound of these remarks, the girl only continued what she was doing, her nostrils flaring as she kept on. She rushed towards Ashisa, her sword raised high. Her eyes widening, Vera picked up a piece of debris. Huffing, the girl ran towards the mysterious girl, throwing the rock with all her might. It bounced off the girls armor pathetically, the female laughing in response as she kept on running. However, with this distraction, Ashisa took the girl by surprise and smacked the enemy with her tail. She went flying to the left, crashing into a wall.
Coughing, brushing the hair out of her face, she wobbily got up. With a stern expression on her face, she got her sword, her clothes now painted with dust and small slashes of crimson. Despite this, the mysterious woman walked towards the dragon, her eyes containing a blazing flame.
“Is that all you got?!”
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woes of Winter's War

Postby Whispered Melody » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Chapter~6
Ashisa expanded her wings to make herself look bigger. She also did this to protect Vera, who didn’t have the right equipment to fight.
“Is that a challenge? If so, it’s one you don’t want to enforce.” the dragoness smiled, amused. She knew very well that this girl could understand her. The armor she wore was one of the King’s most elite bodyguard forces. They knew how to speak the dragon language, just in case they had to interrogate or become a temporary ambassador. It was understandable that Vera did not know of this class, though, due to the fact that there wouldn’t be a need for such an important group of guards to be deployed to such a sleepy town. “I’ve fought many people like you. All screaming about how Obsidian was wrong and evil.” she continued, chuckling.a glint of sadness was in her eyes. However, this quickly dissipated. “They all only put that on the surface to intimidate me. To make themselves feel better. You’re just like your fallen comrades.” she continued. Briskly, Ashisa blew a long tongue of fire onto the ground, blocking the girl from approaching. The fire roared softly in the background, crackling in warning to those who dared come towards it. “However, you seem different. Like someone who could put more to their mind if they just tried harder.” she explained, coming closer to the band of flames. “Just like Vera over here.” she gestured to the blond girl. “Do tell, have you even tried to hear from my perspective? Or are you so scared of knowing the truth that you’ve covered yourself in your king’s lies??” Ashisa spat, her tone somber and filled with anger. She looked at the girl intensely, flicking her forked tongue in and out quickly.
The girl gripped her sword tighter and tighter as the dragon kept on speaking, her lip whimpering. She took a step back as the dragoness strutted towards her, her body beginning to feel as if it would collapse at any moment. Her legs had taken more damage than she had first perceived.
“I…” she stuttered, attempting to level her voice. “I can’t believe you!” she blurted, dropping her sword. “Why does this all have to be so confusing? I’m just trying to serve my King! That’s my only job!” she exclaimed in aggravation. “And now here I am, questioning my morals! Why has it come to this?!” she questioned ruefully, bitterly, softly falling to her knees. “All I want to do is bring honor to my family’s name. And yet, here I am, talking to a dragon without striking back. Even though you’ve brought a great amount of pain to me.” she shut her eyes, frowning. Vera went up to Ashisa and whispered something in her ear. The dragon nodded. She stomped the flames out, Vera sitting towards the mysterious girl.
“I know it’s tough.” she cooed, putting her hand on the female's shoulder. I know what you’re feeling. You’re torn, right? You don’t want to betray the humans, but you are now beginning to realize how bad Felicia is. And what horrible things he’s done.” she looked down at the ground, unsure of what to say next.
Ashisa turned her face to the side, tut-tutting. A long, long silence set in before she decided on where to go with her words. “We’re done here, Vera. Just leave the medical supplies you found and we’ll go.” she ordered, already beginning to stretch her wings to fly away. Vera did as she was told, tying the bag to her shoulder as she went to her friend.
As they were beginning to take off, though, a clattering of metal could be heard behind them. As they looked around, the mysterious girl was running towards them again. However, this time, she had her sword sheathed; the medical supplies in her hand.
“Hey! Let me go with you!”
Author's Note
I really want to thank everyone for thier support. Please do not lose faith in the series yet, I'm trying. Your comments help.
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woes of Winter's War ~Please Read!

Postby Whispered Melody » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:28 am

Whispered Melody wrote:
Picture Link
Hey everyone... We have an issue. The co-writer/creator, Captain Plucky has lost interest in the project.
I can't handle this project on my own, as I have school, other projects, and family life.
For the sake of keeping everyone up to date, a chapter bomb will be released today.
If you are interested in saving the project, pm me or ping my Discord.
~Mel

Update: I got someone who agreed to help for now. They are on Hiatus until Friday.
I'm still looking for your help!
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me