Finding My Soulmate

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Chapter 3.1

Postby ScarDolphin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 am

Chapter 3.1

Grace grabbed two apples from the fruit bowl and headed outside. One was for herself and one for Sandy. She walked across the driveway to the fields.
“Hey Sandy!” Grace called.
The mare lifted her head and pricked her ears. Seeing her beloved owner, she made her way in a smooth trot to the gate.
“Here girl,” Grace gave her one of the apples, as she took a bite of the other. She opened the gate to let the mare out. She knew Sandy wouldn't do anything.

Grace stood just outside the barn with Sandy. She groomed the mare thoroughly; she felt bad about having neglected Sandy a bit the past couple of days, but she had been so busy with trail rides and her birthday.
She clicked her tongue, hinting to Sandy to lift her hoof. Picking out her hooves, Grace then went into the barn and got her jumping saddle, which was fairly dusty at this point. She took a cloth and quickly wiped the saddle, before taking it outside and placing it on Sandy’s back.

“What have I told you about letting Sandy loose,” Grace’s father came out of the house and scolded his daughter.
“Sorry dad, she's not going to do anything though,” Grace defended her beloved mare as she fixed the saddle, and tightened the girth.
“What if she suddenly gets spooked? You never know what could happen. Horses are unpredictable animals.” He replied.
“I know, I'm sorry,” Grace turned and went into the barn. She could hear her father sigh, before going out to collect the horses in. The first trail was in 20 minutes, but Grace had been promised the morning off to spend with Sandy.
She grabbed her hat and put it on, before taking the bridle that was neatly hanging on Sandy’s peg.

“Open,” Grace said, and the mare willingly took the bit. Grace put the bridle on and fastened the loose straps. She tightened the girth an extra time, before putting her foot in the stirrup and swinging onto Sandy’s back.
The mare walked forward eagerly, happy to be out doing something. Grace took her to the sand arena they had. They used it for beginner guests to walk around if they felt unsure, but otherwise it was Grace and her sister’s arena to practice whatever they wished.

The jumps were already standing just as Grace had left them. She clicked her tongue, and Sandy obediently set into a trot. They trotted around the arena, Grace keeping Sandy’s mind busy by asking her to turn often, do many circles of different sizes as well as changing the rein. After 10 minutes or so of trotting around the arena, Grace sat down in the saddle and put her outside leg back, asking for canter. The fresh mare threw in a playful buck, causing Grace to lose her balance. She quickly regained it and gathered up the reins she had dropped, before asking Sandy to collect herself.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 3.2

Postby ScarDolphin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Chapter 3.2

Turning towards a small cross bar on the long side, Grace held Sandy at a steady pace. The mare pricked her ears seeing the jump and picked up her speed, flawlessly sailing over the small fence.
“Good girl,” Grace praised the mare and patted her neck. She turned Sandy towards the same jump. Failing to keep her at a steady pace, the mare’s speed increased as she cleared the fence again. Grace gently held back on the reins to get the mare steady again. She turned diagonally across the arena, facing a double. She held the mare back a little, before letting her find her stride just before the first jump. Sandy sailed over the red and white fence, then taking 3 strides and sailing over the green oxer.

Grace noticed a car coming in the drive and frowned, slowing Sandy to a walk. She looked at her watch; 10:09. The trail had just left and there wasn’t another one until 11:30. Letting her parents handle the unexpected guests, Grace nudged the mare’s sides as she leaped forward in a fresh canter. Grace made a small course of the jumps inside her head.

She started off by turning towards the small cross bar, which Sandy jumped it effortlessly. Grace turned her sharply on the diagonal, taking Sandy by surprise, but the mare jumped the red and white fence without hesitating, followed by the oxer. Next, Grace turned her towards a yellow straight, which was taller than the other two fences. Sandy flew over it with inches to spare. The last fence Grace decided to take was the water ditch. Sandy despised that jump, so the poles were set low. Grace could feel the mare hesitating below her as they approached the jump. Giving the mare an extra boost of confidence through her legs, Sandy leaped over the jump, unseating Grace. Grace shoved herself back into the saddle and pulled the mare to a stop.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 3.3

Postby ScarDolphin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Chapter 3.3

First then did she notice the small crowd, which was made up of her father, two guests she recognised who had been on trails recently, and a woman she didn’t know.
“I told you they have perfect horses,” one of the guests said to the woman.
Grace halted Sandy and looked at her father, “What’s this about?”
“These people are willing to pay a lot of money to borrow two horses for their scene in a music video,” her father explained.
“You mean Sandy?” Grace asked. Her father nodded.
“No! I won’t allow it! Sandy’s not leaving me!” Grace exclaimed. “Dad, you know how Sandy is around unknown places and people. She’s not going anywhere!”
“Grace, calm down. Finish your session with Sandy and we’ll talk about this after,” her father replied.
Grace turned Sandy around and cantered off, getting the mare’s muscles moving again. She decided she would show them Sandy is not for beginners in some movie that can’t even ride. She turned Sandy towards the big oxer at the bottom of the arena. It was big, but not bigger than what they had jumped before. She kept her leg on and as Sandy lengthened her strides. Sandy cleared the jump easily, but upon landing let out a few happy bucks, causing Grace to lose her balance. She was used to the mare doing this and sat back in the saddle, pulling her up to a trot. Once she had Sandy under control, she asked for canter again, and turned towards the water ditch.

Grace swung her leg over the mares back and landed swiftly on the ground. She rolled her stirrups up, before leading the mare back to the barn. She halted Sandy at the post. Fiddling with the girth, she let her eyes glance towards the front of her house. Her mother had now come outside and stood, along with her father and the new visitors, discussing. What they were saying she couldn’t hear, but she assumed it was about Sandy. She took off the sweaty saddle and let Sandy stand, ignoring her father’s rule of tying her up. She went into the barn and put her saddle back on the rack, before going back out and leading Sandy to the side of the barn, where the water hose was. Turning on the water, Grace cooled her horse down, before letting her out in the field with her equine friends.

As Grace walked back up towards the barn, she was approached by the group of people including her parents and the three visitors she didn’t wish to welcome.
“Grace, we need to talk about this. You know your mother and I are struggling to keep the ranch running, even with the trails. These people are offering a lot of money for this,” Her father spoke to her in a calm manner.
“Sandy is not going anywhere without me!” Grace was starting to boil up inside, but knew she had to stay as calm as possible so her parents didn’t get mad and ground her.
“And that’s why you’re going along with them,” Her mother replied.
“What?” Grace didn’t know what to say.
“You will be leaving with Midnight and Sandy tomorrow. They needed two horses for a music video of some sort and fell in love with ours while they were here. You’ll be helping them and looking after the horses,” Her father explained.
“Is Midnight ready for a sort of thing like that?” Grace asked.
Her mother nodded, “The vet did give her a clean bill of health and I’m sure she’ll do brilliantly.”
“I’m just going to introduce myself. I’m Sarah, the manager who is in charge of making sure everything goes according to plan. If you have any questions, come to me,” The woman said. “This is the cameraman and his wife, which you might be seeing around as well.”
The other two slightly familiar guests nodded a hello.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 3.4

Postby ScarDolphin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:29 am

Chapter 3.4

“Just after dinner you’ll be leaving along with the horses. Sarah has got transport ready for you all. So make sure to go in and pack this afternoon, and we’ll take care of the trails. Don’t forget all the tack! You’ll need to clean it too,” Her father rambled on until his wife stopped him.
“How long will we be gone?” Grace asked.
“Three weeks, unless we are delayed,” Sarah replied.
Grace turned to her mother, “Can I go for a ride on Paint up to Alyssa’s? I need to see her before I leave.” Paint was her mother’s horse, a pinto mare who was very gentle, but got spooked quite easily.
“Does that mean you’re willing to go ahead with this?” Her mother asked.
Grace nodded in reply.
“Then yes you can borrow Paint. Make sure to be back before dinner!” Her mother commented as Grace turned and headed back towards the field.

“I can’t believe you’re going to help with a music video! Midnight and Sandy are going to be famous!” Alyssa squeaked as Grace told her the news. “Does that mean you get to meet famous people?!”
“I don't know yet, but probably, since it’s an official music video. I wonder how Midnight and Sandy will take it,” Grace replied.
“That is so unfair! I'm going to miss you lots. How long will you be away for? Make sure to update me with what's happening!”
“I will I promise! I’m away for about 3 weeks so you better update on what's happening with loverboy,” Grace looked at her watch. “I'm sorry I can't stay much longer, I really need to get back and pack.”
“Of course!” Alyssa replied and held the stirrup down on the right side whilst Grace swung herself up onto Paint’s back from the left.
“Text me!” Alyssa waved as Grace headed down the trail.
Grace turned left, which was the quickest way to get back.

After quickly untacking and letting Paint back in the field, Grace went inside to pack. She would have to leave the tack cleaning until last to make sure she got everything else done. She went up to her room and found her rather large travelling bag. She then rummaged through her cupboard to find her nicest pair of jodhpurs as well as some normal clothes; she wasn't planning on wearing her riding gear all day every day. She then packed her underwear and her pjs. Looking at her desktop, she grabbed all the necessary things off it. She decided to have a quick shower and change clothes.
“Grace, dinner!” A call came from downstairs as Grace was finishing up.
“I'm coming!” Grace replied, shutting her bag and bringing it downstairs.
“Have you got everything?” Her mother asked.
“I've packed everything except the horses’ stuff. I haven't had time to clean the tack yet though, is it okay if I bring one of the saddle sprays and a cloth with me?” Grace returned the question.
“Of course darling, then you can clean it between shoots too,” her mother put plates out on the table.
“Let’s have our last family meal for a while!”
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 4.1

Postby ScarDolphin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:00 am

Chapter 4.1

Grace sat on the backseat of the large luxury transport that they were travelling in, fidgeting with phone. She had no internet access as they travelled out in the open land; fields with few trees and bushes was all that could be seen in her surroundings. Ever so often, they would pass a smaller village, but 10 minutes later they would be out in the open again. Grace looked up at the camera that was installed for the 100th time. She could see Midnight and Sandy standing next to each other, both chewing hay from the large haynets. All their tack was in the tack room; with plenty of space to spare. This really is a luxurious transport, Grace thought.

“We’ll be arriving in 15 minutes,” At the sound of Sarah’s voice, Grace woke up. How long had she been asleep for? She looked at her watch. 4:06am. It was a clear night, but Grace could barely make out the stars due to the bright lampposts lighting up the highway. Her eyes followed the road as they soon turned off the highway. The transport slowed down and they turned off onto an empty road. It didn’t take long before the large transport drove up the driveway.
“This is where Midnight and Sandy will be staying,” Sarah said as the vehicle stopped.
Grace nodded and jumped out the car. She went round to the back of the truck and opened the side door. Midnight and Sandy seemed impatient to get out after such a long journey.
“Steady now,” Grace spoke quietly to the two mares.
She untied Sandy, who was the closest to the back, and waited until the ramp was let down. Grace lead Sandy down the ramp, who stopped and looked around curiously. She handed the lead to Sarah, before going back in the truck to get Midnight. She untied the lead rope and led the black mare out of the truck. Sarah handed Grace Sandy back, who then held both horses.
“I’m going to go look for the owner so we can get them settled in, wait here,” Sarah told Grace as she headed off towards the dark barn.

Grace stood with the horses for what seemed like a long time, before two figures came out from behind the barn, one being Sarah and the other being someone Grace didn’t know, but assumed it was the owner.
“Hello Grace, I’m Scarlett,” the young woman smiled. “My parents own this barn, but I’m taking over once they retire. So that we don’t disturb the other horses, you can leave them in the paddock over there,” she pointed towards an empty paddock that Grace barely could see due to the darkness.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 4.2

Postby ScarDolphin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:31 am

Chapter 4.2

After the horses had been left, they drove to a small hotel not too far away. Grace grabbed her bags from the transport and headed inside. “Go get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow. I’ll come get you at 9am. Be ready,” Sarah said as she drove off.
Grace went inside to the reception and told them her name. She got her keycard and went up to her room. Not even bothering to change, she set an alarm on her phone and threw herself in the kingsized bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Grace unwillingly rolled out of bed and groaned as her alarm went off. She looked at her phone’s screen. 7:30am. She had only gotten a few hours of sleep. Getting out of bed grudgingly, she took a quick shower and changed clothes. She normally rode in her jeans, but she had brought her nice jodhpurs with her for the filming, depending on what the director says. She put her makeup on and brushed her teeth, before grabbing her bag and heading downstairs. She stopped by to grab some quick breakfast, and then headed to the lounge to wait to be picked up. She tapped her foot anxiously on the floor as she waited to be picked up. There was still another couple of minutes to go. Her phone beeped in her pocket.

Girl what’s happening? I want all the details!
Did you arrive safely? Don’t forget me when
you’re famous! A x

Grace smiled. She knew she had support at home. She opened her phone and started typing.

Hey A! We arrived in the middle of the night
and left the horses at a barn. I’m getting
picked up in a minute and we’re going to
start. Wish me luck! G x

“Grace?” An unfamiliar voice was heard. Grace looked up and found a man dressed neatly in a suit.
“Yes?” Grace replied, standing up.
“Hello, Sarah was busy so she sent me to pick you up. I’m Kent, the chauffeur. We must hurry, I have to pick up the boys as well,” he put his hand out and they shook hands.
“The boys?” Grace asked confused, as she followed him out the door where a limousine was parked. He took her bags for her opened the door for her and she got in. “I’m referring to the members of Out of Control. Have you not been told what the plan is?”
Grace shook her head at his question.
“Well, it’s not too far away. I’m sure Sarah will tell you the rest on set,” he said, and shut the door.
Grace looked around the limousine. It was fairly dark, but light still shone in through the windows. There was a small bar that was filled up with water and champagne. She moved over and sat near the front. There she could see a stereo with cables to listen to music through your own device, as well as a CD player. Grace took her phone out to text Alyssa.
Last edited by ScarDolphin on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 4.3

Postby ScarDolphin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Chapter 4.3

Girl you’ll never guess what! This video is
for THE Out of Control’s new song! We’re
on our way to pick them up! Save me! G x

Grace and Alyssa both adored Out of Control, one of the biggest boy bands around. The members were only a few years older than the girls. They had even gone to their concert once, when they visited the nearest city from Grace’s hometown. Grace knew Alyssa would be so jealous. Her phone beeped to signal a new message. Grace saw that she had replied.

Soooo jealous! You better get pictures
and an autograph home for me! A x

Grace smiled to herself. She put her phone in her pocket and looked out the window. All her surroundings were unfamiliar - she had only been in a city very few times, since it was quite far away from her hometown out in the countryside. The busy roads were filled with impatient drivers in their cars, who all needed to get to work. The limousine drove through the worst of the traffic, to a mansion that was almost in the center of this big city. The gates opened as they drove up the driveway.

The chauffeur stopped the large vehicle and got out, opening the door to the back seats. A moment after, Grace saw the four band members come out from the building. She could recognise the band members instantly. Leading the band was the lead vocalist, a tall guy with blond hair. He had a friendly face and was smiling along with his teammates. Brand Sanders. On his right was the drummer; a black-haired guy, who looked a lot smaller than he actually was when standing next to Brand. Ryan Adams. On Brand’s left were the two guitarists. One of them had semi-long brown hair and brown eyes to match. Michael Rodgers. Unlike Michael who was almost smiling, by his side was the guy who looked the most stern. His hair was as long as Michael’s, yet black instead and he had blue eyes to match. The last member of the band, Sonny Robinson. All four of the band members were wearing black jeans and matching leather jackets.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 4.4

Postby ScarDolphin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Chapter 4.4

“Hey Grace! You know us, right? Welcome to the making of our new music vid-” Michael was cut off by Brand, who pushed him to the side.
“Ow Brand!” Michael exclaimed.
“Sorry about that,” Brand said, ignoring Michael. “It’s nice to meet you. I hope this guy didn’t scare you away.”
I-It’s fine,” Grace managed to say, although to say she was overwhelmed was an understatement. She couldn’t believe that the Out Of Control were right in front of her eyes.
The four members all jumped in, as the door was shut behind them.
“Tell us a bit about yourself, Grace,” Brand said.
“Yeah, we need to know who we’re working with” Michael added. He was going to say more, but stopped as Brand glared at him.
“Well, I come from a little village far away from here. My parents own a ranch where we take tourists on rides. My sister and I help out whenever we can. It works well because my friend, who lives on the other side of the forest, has cabins where people can come and stay, so it's pretty good. Money can be tough in the winter, though, so sometimes I'll help out by teaching lessons at the nearest equestrian center,” Grace paused. She didn't know what else to say so she just shrugged, as the first thought that came into her head was, oh no, now there's going to be an awkward silence. I should've ended that better.
“Sounds cool!” Michael jumped in, and Grace’s panicky thought disappeared.
Ryan, who had stayed quiet until now, connected his phone to the speakers. “Let’s blast some music! Any requests?”
“I'll put one on!” Michael replied and took the phone from Ryan.
Brand sat down next to Grace and shook his head, “Those two are completely bonkers, don't mind them.”
It was first now that Grace had calmed down after meeting her favorite musicians, that she noticed a warmth coming from her heart. She put her hand up to her chest. Her necklace. Her thoughts were disturbed as a song blasted on from the speakers. I Hate Everyone. Grace knew this song very well, although she was surprised that the band listened to this.
“We don't only listen to our own music,” Ryan smirked, noticing Grace’s expression. “We’re not that self centered.”
“Plus it’d get boring listening to the same things again and again all the time,” Michael chimed in.
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mods please lock

Postby ScarDolphin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 pm

I took a break writing this and ended up writing it in another way. For anyone interested, it can be found here. Otherwise, mods may lock this thread c:
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery