Burning Bright [#1014]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Burning Bright [#1014]

Postby Flowerlily » Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Tez-knee, Welsh, meaning β€œπ“Œπ’Άπ“‡π“‚π“‰π’½ π’»π“‡π‘œπ“‚ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“Šπ“ƒβ€
Bow-lore-mah, Mongolian (Π‘ΠΎΠ»ΠΎΡ€ΠΌΠ°Π°), meaning β€œπ’Έπ“‡π“Žπ“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“ π“‚π‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡β€

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

Sexuality: Homosexual
Birthday: April 2nd
Zodiac: Aries
Job: Candle Maker and Shop Owner
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What Makes Someone Who They Are?

Postby Flowerlily » Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 pm

It is in what they do, the people they meet, and the influences on them. It is what they are taught, through inspiration or interest, necessity or manipulation. It is what they have gained, and what they have lost.
Every experience, good or bad, shape who they are.
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Interest

Postby Flowerlily » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 am

xxxxxx
Candle making is a delicate process. You have to make sure the wax is the right temperature, too cold, and it hardens too fast. Too hot, and it causes it to solidify incorrectly. The wick has to have the right strength, thickness and material, or it will not burn right. Everything must be in perfect balance.

xxxxxx Ever since she was little, Tesni was fascinated by the process by which her grandfather made his flickering works of art. Be it the
ones formed in a mold, to the ones he dipped in different brightly colored waxes and carved into their shape, she just adored each one. She loved that her grandfather poured his soul into each gallon of colorful steaming broth to make something more beautiful than before, giving them each a flame of life. Tesni hated to light them and watch their flame of life sink as the wax melted once again into a broth and snuffed out their life’s flame, but her grandfather always reassured her.

xxxxxx β€œTesni, oh my little flickering flame, worry not on melted wax for it served its purpose! What use would it be sitting on a shelf looking pretty, but collecting dust?” He smiled at her lovingly.

xxxxxx Tesni pondered this to herself, she guessed that was true, but she felt like she was burning away a precious gift her grandfather had brought into this world.

xxxxxx β€œLittle Flame, you will understand once you are old enough to make your own,” He said while ruffling her hair then turning back to his work.
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Work

Postby Flowerlily » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 am

*Work*

xxxxx Tesni’s grandfather always told her that you can lose yourself in the flame of a candle. There is an allure to the held back destruction it contains. The warmth and aroma contained within can sway a mood. In these ways, and many more there is a beautiful life contained inside each waxen body.
Respect it and it will respect you.

xxxxx Tesni smiled to herself as she carved into the candle she was working on. Every cut, fold, bend and twist of the warm wax reminded her of the times her grandfather worked with her, teaching her the techniques he had known since a young boy. His father had taught him, and his father before, for as far back as any records the family could find.

xxxxx Tesni’s father was the only exception. Thinking of this made her frown ever so slightly. Her father had learned, but he never had great interest to continue the business. She and her grandfather never held a grudge over this fact, only slight sadness. Working on the art brought the family together.

xxxxx Her father instead got a job as a cook at a chain restaurant. There, her father met her other father, the restaurant chain owner’s son. They both own the restaurant chain now and are usually busy and out of the house because of that. Tesni never minded because that meant she could spend time with her grandfather (this helped her find her passion). Whenever her fathers were free, they all went to shops and amusement parks to have fun days together, so Tesni always had a very happy childhood.

xxxxx Tesni’s attention snapped back to her candle. She had spent a little too long reminiscing and she had run out of her 15-minute window that the candles’ wax is warm enough to carve on. Tesni sighed and looked it over. It wasn’t as intricate as she had intended, but she figured it was good enough. She got up from her suspended candle set up and dunked the candle a couple times in the sealing paraffin and put the finishing touches: cutting the wick indent, cutting down the wick, and putting their official seal on the bottom.

xxxxx She walked over her newest candle and put it with the plethora of others she had on stock to bring to the shop the next morning.
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am, edited 8 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Loss

Postby Flowerlily » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 am

xxxxx β€œTesni, I’m leaving the shop to you,” He managed to get out as he reached for her paws.

xxxxx β€œGrandpa, don’t talk like that, you’ll get better, and we’ll run the shop together,” Tesni choked back tears, β€œLike usual! You have to see the new candles I’ve made, I finally was able to make flower stems, and you have too..”

xxxxx Tears poured down her face and she buried her face into one of her grandfather’s paws.

xxxxx He wiped away some of the tears slowly and said, β€œOh my Little Flame, I’m so proud of you,” he smiled at her, β€œYou’ll do great, you’re just so talented.”

xxxxx β€œI don’t know what I’ll do without you.”

xxxxx β€œI know you’ll figure it out, you were always such a quick learner.”

xxxxx β€œAnd you have so much more you can teach me, Grandpa.”

xxxxx β€œI’m sorry my dear, but I’m afraid I’ve reached the end of my wick,” he pulled her paw close to him and kissed it and closed his eyes.

xxxxx β€œNo. Nono nononono! Please! Grandpa, no!” Tesni cried into her grandfather and held him for as long as she could bear.
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Music and Hobbies

Postby Flowerlily » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:50 am

xxxxx Tesni is a big lover of music as one of her major hobbies is playing the piano. It helps her to destress and reminds her of the duets that she would play with her grandfather. Her grandfather played the violin and inspired her to love music, a non-tactile art as opposed to the one with form that was candle making.

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Her Favorite Playlist || Her Theme Song xxxxx
- Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers
- Pink - Just Like Fire
- Winter Love Song
- Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire
- Song From A Secret Garden
- Marina and the Diamonds - Bubblegum B****
- Sleepsong - Lullaby from a Secret Garden
- Kathy Troccoli - Go Light Your World
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind
- Secret Garden
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Tesni loves all things bright and light hearted and her aesthetics are typically sunsets, crystals, flowers, and candles!
ImageImageImage

She also always wears her lucky necklace (she likes that it looks kind of like her):
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 am, edited 15 times in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Footnotes

Postby Flowerlily » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:08 pm

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Base used for this made by DA user HobbaGobin
Base used for this made by DA user Aseruff-Adopt
Necklace made by NightFlame22
All other art done by me
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Last edited by Flowerlily on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me