The Little Angel

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Little Angel

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am

'Great stories happen to those who can tell them.' - Ira Glass

Tryout thread for Sanara's kits, please do not post

Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am

Image Image Image

( Image The Little Angel Image )
╒══════════════════════════╕
Username :: FluffyBirdie ~ Kit :: Left
╘══════════════════════════╛

Meaning and reason wrote:Parisa - Persian/Iranian, meaning 'like an angel'

╒═══════════════╕
Nickname
Paris, Pari, Angel, Ange,
Blu

╘═══════════════╛
Parisa's name was chosen in the hopes that their little halo child would be kind, sweet and curious. Their wish was granted, though in an unexpected way. Parisa is indeed kindhearted and hates it if someone feels left out, or unheard. She is mature in this sense, most likely because in such a large family she feels responsible to care for them, even if Rufus is home and she's younger. She takes everyone's wants and personalities into account before thinking up one of her wonderful stories or plays, and wants everyone to be happy; her greatest wish is to make everyone smile. She’s quite talkative if the occasion allows for it, though she’s a great listener as well. As for sweet and curious, she as a sweet tooth rivaling that of Elliot's and is too curious for her own good. Parisa is a creative and energetic soul, who loves adventure, whether literally or through stories. She has a great imagination, often creating stories that involve her friends and family, and loves it when everyone enjoys her stories and plays. She is often hyper, likely a side effect of her sweet tooth (and probably a contributor to her chubbiness), and fidgets if she stays in one place for too long. But for all her energy, she can get quite snappy and irritable when she's tired, and gets pretty grumpy if you touch her stash of candies. She tries her best to please her parents, as she hates it when they scold her. It's understandable in a sense, though she still feels like she'd failed them and made them disappointed. She is the type to intervene in a fight, even if she’s not involved, and attempts to calm everyone down. Although she usually can control her temper, if someone is aggressive towards her friends or family, she shows a harsher side; she will fight tooth and nail to protect them.

However, despite all her kindness and imagination, she has one great flaw: Self-confidence. She believes she can fix anything, especially with her stories, and will pester others on why they are upset and how she can help. Of course, she keeps their opinions in mind, but sometimes she believes it is up to her, andl only her, to fix a problem someone else has. If they told her to leave them alone, she would respect it, sure, but she’ll feel hurt as well, as if she’s not qualified or good enough to help. She doesn’t back away when she needs to, and sometimes can be quite forceful. This self-confidence developed through her curiosity, and the praise she receives for her stories, and especially how it ties her family together, even quiet Zach and rude Elliot. Hopefully it would wear off if she meets the right friends…

Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curiosity is the one thing invincible in nature - Freya Star

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:03 am

╒═══════════════════════╕
Image Bacon
Image Kind strangers
Image Smiles
Image Sugar!!
Image Stories
Image Dirt
Image Outdoors
Image Fire
Image Roleplays
╘═══════════════════════╛
x
Image Cleaning things
Image Being still
Image Lies
Image Lateness (herself or someone else)
Image Mean comments
Image Bitter/sour foods
Image Rejection
Image Vultures
Image Creative blocks
x
╘═══════════════════════╛
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Birthday
June 4th
Zodiac
Gemini
Fav color?
Golden-brown
Future job?
Explorer, Adventurer, Traveler, maybe
also writer...
Fav animal?
Deer
Fav movie?
Up! The idea of a house flying away, carried by
balloons, inspires her. She loves the characters
as well, especially Dug! (The talking dog)
Fav foods?
She loves trying new things, food included, but
one thing she will always come back to is ice
cream, especially cookies & cream. Milk
chocolate is a close second, though.
Fav festival/holiday?
Halloween, of course! The costumes other kalons wear and the decorations on houses give her ideas for her stories, and she gets free candy! One cannot overlook the chance for free sugar.
Fav saying?
'I write because creating something that didn't exist before is as close to magic as I'll ever get' - Unknown
Type of clothing?
So far, she likes awesome scarfs like this (matches her pelt!) and this. Simple gradient sweatshirts are also a favorite. Comfortable clothes first!!
Alignment?
Chaotic good
Allergies?
She has a mild allergy to mold, interestingly.
Element?
She would be earth. Those with earth elements are caring, but they also stand up for the weak. She also loves to encourage others and support them throughout their life.
Hogwarts house?
Ravenclaw
Hobbies?
Drawing, writing, reading, and making friends
Bad habits?
Stealing candy, poking things

Q & A!
Do you collect anything?
I love souvenirs! Every time we go somewhere special, even if it’s just the beach, I'll try to find a shell that suited the adventure we had there, or something unique to make the experience memorable. I also love just collecting interesting objects, as inspiration for my stories!
What animal would you be?
A Prairie Dog! I decided to take a quiz about what animal I am, and though I had never heard about this animal before, I saw the similarities between us. It was mischievous, intelligent, and loves being social, and despite its insatiable curiosity, the prairie dog is cautious about venturing into the known. It’s more of a homebody as well, like me! I would prefer to stay with my family and the people I knew, if I had to make a choice.
Heart or head?
I think up stories with my head, but I make decisions though my heart
Dream place to live?
If my family is near, I would love to live in the woods when I'm older!
Early bird or night owl?
Early bird
Role in a Disney movie?
The adventurous princess! Or the loyal sidekick.
Any nervous habits?
I’m outgoing, so am rarely nervous, but when I am I move my mouth like I’m chewing something.
Do you like your name?
Of course! It was given by Daddy and Hawkie, and it suits me very well!
What one item would you take to an uninhabited island?
If I can’t take others, I’d take a book on survival!
Are you ticklish?
Very, and Cody uses this to his advantage *huff*
Random fact!
I eat KitKats by biting them, instead of snapping them and eating them a bar at a time. It's funny to see other's reactions to eating Kitkats like that!
Music you prefer?
I like music that has less lyrics and words and more sound, so I can listen to it as background music while I think. My favorite songs are the first 17 by TheFatRat and most songs by F-777

ImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImagexImage
╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

[ 590 words ]
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:06 am

FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Family is a gift that lasts forever - unknown

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 am

Avery is pretty much called 'Hawkie' by Parisa, in replacement of the words 'Daddy' or 'Mummy'. She's really curious about alcohol, and really wants to try it, but since Avery watches her every movement she still has yet to try a drop of this 'alcohol'. Her adventurous spirit leads her to organize a plan involving her siblings, and so Avery pretty much has to be on alert 24/7 before Parisa figures out a way to sneak a drop of alcohol. Of course, she won't drink it -- Hawkie's always lecturing about how bad alcohol is for kits -- she just wants to try getting under their guard. She loves their random babbling, and enjoys listening to them talk as well, especially about their life. Since Avery doesn't eat a lot of pork, she takes it for herself. What? Bacon is good! Inheriting their love to socialize, she enjoys talking to the new kalons that arrive at their bar, though she knows how far she can push, and when to step back and respect their privacy. Meeting these kalons always give her ideas for her stories, and so she greatly enjoys going to Hawkie's bar, and just being in the presence of her parent and in a group. She doesn't want to play favourites, but if she really had to, she'd say she liked Hawkie, but only a little bit more than daddy. Generally, her relationship with Hawkie is good, though they find her a bit hard to control, and wild.

Rufus is the best. Since he makes edible arrangements, this means there is always a stash of sugar somewhere around the house, and she is always itching to get it. Though daddy is quiet, she still greatly loves him and enjoys being around him, especially when she needs some downtime or quiet to think. There's always a peaceful and content atmosphere around him, and she finds that comforting when she's troubled or stuck on one of her story ideas, or just unhappy in general. She loves intruding on his reading time and listening to him read, even if the story contains words she doesn't understand yet. She wants to make jokes just like him, since they both have a common goal of wanting others to be happy, and so often asks him for tips and how to joke and sing as easily as he does. Rufus can sometimes be really mushy and weird, but she likes this side of him because she gets to know him more, and plus when he's in this mood he doesn't mind giving her sweets. Horray for mushiness! He worries a lot for her, since she's overly adventurous, so Parisa often endures one of his checks to ensure she's not hurt.

Elliot can be quite rude to Parisa, but since he has a complicated past she understands his behaviour, and doesn't retaliate. She knows that he came into the family in a different way, through something called 'adoption', but she doesn't really mind it, nor does she care. What really matters is that he's part of the family, not how he came in. As she and Lio share a love for candy, they both struck up a deal: if any of them manage to steal any sweets, they will share with the other. Sometimes she catches him breaking this deal, but she keeps trying with him, since he's family! Whenever she makes up a story, she makes sure to give him a role he would love, which is mostly the villain role since the villains don't listen to authority and no one can boss them around. Sometimes he doesn't seem to care about Hawkie and Daddy, which upsets her, but she doesn't voice it. Though Lio is aggressive and sometimes even cruel, Parisa tries her best not to exclude him. From the stories from Hawkie's bar, if you exclude someone it just makes things worse, and makes them feel bad as well, so she's determined that she would make Lio better, and become someone who's always kind to him. It's hard sometimes, but there's no harm in continuing to try, right? She's unsure how to proceed with him though: should she continue to stay nice? It might go to his head, make him think what he was doing was OK, and change him for the worst. But if she pushes him, he might snap back... She discussed this with her siblings and her parents, and now she's settled on a balance between the two: she'll be his friend and someone dependable, but if he's rude or mean she'll point it out. Just pointing it out, no lecturing. Lecturing just makes everything horrible.
      Cody likes attention, so Parisa gives him a lot of attention. Since he's energetic and playful like her, the two are close, often seen recreating many fairytales and most of Parisa's stories, with Cody often being the main characters, and Parisa acting the rest. She loves his glow, and likes to swat it and figure out how in the world his shine and eyes glow. The pair greatly enjoy making mischief, and sometimes it seems like one kit's excitement makes the other excited, until the pair are little balls of hype and giggles. Cody doesn't like his small size, but she tries to make him feel positive about it by making it a strength in her stories. 'Cody, at first glance, is small, and the villain relaxed, thinking the hero was weak and pathetic. Suddenly, Cody charged, taking the villain off guard! "Still think I'm weak?" He asked triumphantly. "That's the last mistake you'll ever make." '
      Zach is pretty introverted, so it was a surprise that Parisa, an energetic extrovert, found common ground with Zach who tries to disappear into the background. Similar to how she interrupts Daddy's private time, she pounces on Zach when he's reading as well, though she does it more delicately than with Rufus. She makes up stories for him to listen to as well, and Zach often corrects her on facts or gives her ideas for her stories. After finding out that Zach loves adventure games, their relationship deepened, and now Zach can often be seen playing out Parisa's stories as well, often taking the quiet and wise roles. Parisa is really curious about his extra set of ears and second tail, and tries to incorporate this into her stories as often as possible, resulting in a Zach who is either a mystical being or someone with great magical powers. She tries her best not to disturb or surprise him, and thus is often whispering or speaking softly when talking to him.
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:09 am

Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Life is either a great adventure or nothing - Helen Keller

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 am

Two figures crept towards their target, gripping bags intended to for capture. The cook turned away then, and siezing this opportunity, they moved closer, waiting for any indication that the cook would turn back. Sensing none, the pair grabbed as much as they could and stuffed it into their bags, their senses alert for detection. Grinning, they retreated, before running into their worst enemy: The heroes.
"Stop!" The knight yelled, the wizard right behind him. Hissing in anger, they attacked their enemy, starting a fierce and explosive battle. The heroes were ultimately defeated, and smirking, the figures left, their bags full and eyes bright.

That was the third Candy Heist.

"You need to get better, Cody, I keep saving you." Zach said, laughing as he tentatively helped him up, trying to make as little physical contact as possible. In all honesty, he couldn't help but share Cody's love for adventure games, and he simply couldn’t refuse his role in this family roleplay, even if he prefers to keep to himself. Parisa always found a way to incorporate everyone in her stories, even someone as introverted as him.
“We’ll get them!” Cody said confidently, patting himself off. “The villains’ arrogance and love for sugar will be their downfall.” He declared dramatically. “And anyway, they have no idea that the cook is on our side.”
“I’ve made more jelly beans, this time rainbow-colored and flavour-changing.” Rufus said, emerging from the kitchen of the café and grinning. “I couldn’t make my miracle sweets though, I ran out of thyme.” Cody and Zach groaned at this, which encouraged him. “Come on, my heroes! Lettuce catch them together! The steaks are too high for us to lose. My celery will be cut if they keep stealing from me.”
“Add another four to the counter.” Cody said gloomily, shaking his head. “Dad’s jokes get worse every day.” Zach, who was giggling quietly, nodded, before resuming his silent fit.
“I ‘eard you need my ‘elp!” Sir Avery ‘Hawkeye’ said, arriving early and looking eager, before remembering who they were supposed to be. Coughing, they crossed their arms, trying to be intimidating and really just failing.
“That weird accent doesn’t suit your role, Hawkeye, you should probably drop it.” Rufus laughed, before turning to the kits. “We’re prepared for your orders, heroes!”
Cody puffed up, happy at the title, and Zach smiled, letting his brother take the lead. “We need to—“

“—fight back, give them all we got.” Elliot finished, and Parisa nodded. They both looked to their candy hoard, prideful at their achievements.
“We’ve been planning heists so far, and as we’ve defeated the heroes every time we fought I’m certain Rufus’ candy café would be ours in no time.” Parisa said confidently.
“But you know, I think the cook is on their side. Dad—I mean, Rufus—would never leave his sweets along for so long. Remember the third heist?” Elliot said, frowning. “So we’ll assume that the heroes have the cook on their side, possibly backup as well. We’ll try taking the cook hostage then, since the heroes have to protect civilians.”
“We need to make room for their backup though.” Parisa added, going over their stash and picking up her favourite sweet. “Everything changes if they have backup. As strong as the two of us are, four enemies are too much.” She unwrapped the candy, and popped it into her mouth, chewing thoughtfully. “Let’s go through what we know of them. We can’t sneak up on them if Zach is around, magic or not. He’s a wizard himself, and combined with his two tails, his magic is stronger than mine. If he directly attacks instead of backing Cody, I’d lose, simple as that.”
“Cody’s a strong fighter though,” Elliot continued, “Bratty, yeah, but he’s good with a sword. And though the cook is good only for making sweets, he knows our weakness. The backup might take charge as well, and change, well, everything.”
“Don’t be rude.” Parisa said automatically. The heroes may be their enemies, but there’s no need to be mean about it. “Anyway, we should think of fall-back plans, in case things go wrong. Today, the final Candy Heist shall be successful!”

“And with this, we would win.” Cody finished, looking around for any uncertain faces. With none seen, he grinned, and held out a paw to Zach, waiting for a high-five. He reluctantly complied, smiling.
“Off we go then.” Zach said softly, and the group set off towards the villain’s lair. Hawkeye walked a distance behind them, while Cody and Zach were in front, with Rufus watching their backs. The heroes glanced at each other, nodded, and entered the villain’s base. A glowing ball illuminated the cave, revealing Parisa and Elliot, talking near the candy pile. They turned, surprised, and Zach quickly shot off a flare of light from his staff. The villains blinded, Cody dived to the left and Zach to the right, planning to surround and conquer.
“Plan 3!” Elliot yelled, and he lunged towards Rufus, drawing his sword. Cody gasped, having reached partway around the cave and knowing he won’t make it in time. Zach raised his staff, about to whisk the cook away when a blast of magic hit him, throwing him against the cave wall. He forgot about Parisa!
As Zach and Parisa fought, Elliot reached Rufus, jumping up and using his sword for an extra boost. He grabbed one of the thick roots dangling down from the entrance, swung towards Rufus’ shoulders, and landed neatly with his sword around the cook’s neck. “Come closer, Cody, and Rufus gets it! Same to you Zach!” He yelled, triumphant. Who said kits couldn’t take down adults?
Then villain’s worst scenario happened: backup arrived at this crucial moment. Hawkeye pointed their sword at Elliot’s back, a huge smile plastered on their face. “Ha-ha! The great knight as arrived! Attack Rufus and I’ll attack you, my son!” Cody, seeing this, ran to back up Zach, who continued attacking Parisa. The battle was brief, ending with the defeat of the villains.
“This wasn’t supposed to happen!” Elliot yelled, his sword still hovering near Rufus’ neck. “Restart! I demand we restart!” His voice had taken on a whiney tone, and everyone knew he was going to throw a fit.
“It doesn’t matter who wins.” Rufus said, trying to soothe the kit. “Because you all get candy!” He glanced to Avery, who went over to the candy pile and grabbed a pawful, waving it enticingly.
“This is good stuff.” They said cheerfully while unwrapping one. “Heroes, you have done well in this fight, and villains, you have done better! What you did was no easy feat, so I say you get more candy than the heroes.” Cody and Zach shrugged at this, and Parisa laughed, happy at the mention of sweets.
“Come on Lio, we can attack the pile together.” She prompted, and Elliot reluctantly got off, with help from Rufus. Everyone gathered around Rufus as he strode to the candy pile, picked out everyone’s favourites and handed them out, grinning proudly. Parisa grinned back, happy her family enjoyed the story.

With this family, everyday is and will always be fun!

[1200 words - scene changes/timeskips (ie. ***) are not counted]

Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Let's wander where the wifi is weak - unknown

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 7:57 pm

“Daddy, are we lost?”
Rufus glanced back at Parisa, laughing nervously. “Kinda, Pari. I’m quite surprised we managed to get lost though; we come here all the time!” Parisa looked around, wondering when they went off the track. Her family went to this patch of forest all the time, since it was near their suburban home, and they often had camping and exploring trips here. How could they get lost?
“I’m sure we just forgot where the track was.” Avery said, throwing an arm around Rufus. “Why don’t we make it like a quest?”
“A treasure hunt!” Parisa exclaimed, excited. “OK, OK, I have an idea! So, we are all pirates stranded on this continent, and in our eagerness, we explored too far. Luckily, we left a trail, and as a reward, the captain decided that whoever finds the trial gets a larger share of the treasure and bragging rights!”
“Annnd how is that an idea? It’s still us finding the path, the story adds nothing to it.” Elliot grumbled, and Parisa frowned, seeing the point he had. “You know, why don’t we just, I don’t know, backtrack? I mean, it’s better than just pretending to be pirates.”
“We can pretend to be pirates along the way.” Avery said, patting Elliot. “It won’t kill to have some fun, right?”
“I guess, but still, this is such a waste of time.” He still relented, and seconds later Cody was trying to jump from tree to tree ‘like a pirate’, Zach’s just trailing behind them, and Elliot managed to fashion a hat out of a large leaf. Everyone now in the role of pirates, they hollered and thundered through the forest, before somehow finding the trail. Elliot yelled, extremely happy he received bragging rights and extra candy. The family wandered back to camp, this time arguing about wether pirates swing from vines or not.
Ah, just family things.

[ Word count: 316 ]
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The "earth" without "art" is just "eh" - unknown

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

ImageImage
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me