❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Which do you like writing more:

Third person limited
30%
Third person omniscient
19%
Both are good
47%
Both are bad
5%

Total votes : 264

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby dameron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am

oh man I'm sorry I've been so inactive- Imma try to respond to a bunch of stuff later, for now I'm gonna answer questions

Have you ever had an agender character? If so, how did you use pronouns for them? If not, how do you think you'd use pronouns?
I write a lot of gender-queer characters. agender, I just use they/them. my favorite thing to do is with a character who might be genderfluid or bigender I specify their gender at the beginning of a chapter, or if they're trans I might have like 1st person perspective or a friend's perspective using feminine tones and pronouns but someone who they aren't out to using masculine, etc.

What are your writing goals for 2018?
clean my docs, write,, at all
dameron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm

I hope things clear up for you soon, Dev.
xxxxxxxxxxPics and poem are
mine :.) Clicky!xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxImage
Imagexxxxxxxxxx
X
xxxxxAutumn, when leaves fall from the trees in blazing infernos of red and orange; when the wind grasps your hair and dances away with it over the hills. The days when tending livestock turns into hunts for feijoas and walnuts; when warm sunlight gives way to cosy fires and soft blankets, hot chocolate singeing your fingers while crisp winds carol outdoors.xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxAutumn. The season of cold and warm, light and dark.
X
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:18 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
I hope things clear up for you soon, Dev.

Thanks Ranger <3

New question bc the thread died!

Code: Select all
[b]Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?[/b]

Personally, I find it kind of does both? When I'm having a down episode, one of the things that helps is to just pour my emotions out into some writing, be it in a poem or just writing without any structure. But then afterwards, it makes me really acutely aware of the thing that caused me to spill my feelings in the first place. I mean, it can be helpful because it will help me to understand why I'm feeling down so I can address the issue, but then it can also just confuse me more. Is that weird? Honestly, I've been having such a love-hate relationship with writing lately ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seokie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:04 am

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?

Definitely both. In the rare cases that I don't write about mythology or fantasy or anything like that, I'm writing poems that constantly make me question my own existence. I am filled with existential fear and crippling depression. Then I have to stop writing poems and go back to fantasy because in the end, fantasy is what takes me away from the reality of this world and brings me into a world of my own creation where I guess I can find happiness for a little while.

Okay this was a little bit depressing.
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
THE UNIVERSE THE UNIVERSE
ImagexImage
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
hi, i'm xia and i like
rock music, jjba, and
the mcu. i also kinda
like kpop... kinda.
[they/them]

biases: bts - j-hope
got7 - jackson
monsta x - hyungwon

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
seokie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papa's Cookieria » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
I feel like writing should generally have no connection to your real life. It ckind of completely defeats the entire purpose (creating a world and people as though they were real independantly of the "real" world).
FAKE PAPA GAMERIA
CHEFS: Xolo, Xandra or a custom chef
DOUGHS: Sugar, Chocolate Chip
FROSTINGS: White, Chocolate
FROSTING STYLES: Braided Border, Swirl Border and Pictures (Soecific for each customer).
SPRINKLES: Rainbow Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips, and Creameo Bits
TOPPERS: Frosted Butterflies, Chocolate Kisses and Candles
Papa's Cookieria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inked Quill » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm

For me, definitely.

I have based many characters in my main novel on real people. So it kind of makes me realize how much time changes personality. Yet, I've made such distinct changes to them, thier almost like totally different people.

I enjoy building new worlds.

-

[b]What is your way of curing writers block?[/b]

-

I'd also want to put out thier that I am looking to help with any writing projects aviaible. I love helping authors write, and I'd like to help people out on this site before I start my own stuff. Please PM if intrested
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trade Thread link link link link link link

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Inked Quill, and I am a writer!
I'm always looking for friends!
pm me if you want to talk!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

"𝔸𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟
𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤
𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘...
𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥
𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖"

Inked Quill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 pm

wow i've been dead to the world huh
anyway i'm procrastinating working on a poetry project due tomorrow (which i still have two poems and 200 words to go rip me)
i really need to write something. i'll probably a 200 word a day challenge or smth bc i haven't written anything in a month? yikes

have you ever had an agender character? if so, how did you use pronouns for them? if not, how do you think you'd use pronouns?
i haven't, but if i did, i'd use they/them (or maybe some other pronoun) and use "themself" instead of "themselves".

do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
i find that it lets me hide from reality, but it makes me terribly aware of my poor mental state and total lack of motivation. i'd rather saw my hand off than write an original piece, but sometimes it helps me deal with everything.

what is your way of curing writers block?
i write self-indulgent fanfiction. it lets me do whatever i want with pre-developed characters and even a storyline i can work off of. i suppose it's not the best idea, but it works okay for me. that being said, i've been struggling with mental health a lot lately, so the most writing i've done was creating fan theories for how vampires work.
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Well, it distracts me from my life, my current situation, but it makes me aware of the greater panorama of life, the 'bigger picture' to borrow with one of the sorriest cliches.

What is your way of curing writers block?
Ignoring it? Going and drawing or watching a show if I have artist's block too, basically either totally pretending that writing doesn't exsist or reading old writing and writing prompts.
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatana » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm

I find that writing is a distraction from my life. Even when I was creating poems while depressed, of which I did often while in Middle to High School. Even though it brought the problem up I just found it easier to walk away from afterwards. It was a way to healthily get out what was bothering me without hurting others or telling someone that I was hurting. (Which is really bad in itself. Please tell someone that you trust if you're hurting really bad like this. It's not good to keep to yourself for a long period of time.)

Of my poems, 'My Wall' was one of those that brought up those problems, addressed them but made me feel better afterward. It was a way to cope without Chuggaaconroy. It was a way to cope without bothering my mom. It was a way to cope without being told to shut up and go away by my father.

So it was a lovely distraction for me. But I stopped after I moved away. I had no more drive to actually create poems, so even though I love poetry. I don't make it anymore so nowadays I don't know if that's still true.

I'm still a bit awkward sharing stuff like this. But it's on my wattpad so meh?

To be honest. I really don't. Sometimes I forget I'm an Author, as I walk away from my writing for long periods of time. So I think that helps with it? Maybe? Not really? I read ideas and then go "That'd be a great idea for -insert book here- maybe I should write that down" And then I don't. And forget. Lmao.

I have three questions of my own.

[b]What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?[/b]

[b]Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?[/b]

[b]Who do you base your characters off of?[/b]

The future is now, thanks to science!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Flame, Winter, Shadow, Alcheshad, Hyo,
Serperior, Katana, Sharppointyredstuff

xxxxxxxxxxx

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Clemont
Previous character: Kain Fuery
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~

╚══════════════╝

Now, to the victor go the spoils!

────────────────

ShadowKatana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Like most people, it does both depending on what I'm writing. When I'm just having fun, creating a story that isn't based on anything personal, it distracts me from my life. Sometimes, though, I have to write something based on personal experience and (if that experience wasn't good) analyzing and re-living it can be... uncomfortable.

Depends on why I have writers block. If I can't write because I don't know how to write a particular scene, I just work on something else. If I can't write because I'm feeling down, then I focus on feeling better before I try to do any writing. If I can't write because of a lack of inspiration, I read/watch things that I know inspire me and that have cured writers block for me in the past.

polysaccharide wrote:wow i've been dead to the world huh
anyway i'm procrastinating working on a poetry project due tomorrow (which i still have two poems and 200 words to go rip me)
i really need to write something. i'll probably a 200 word a day challenge or smth bc i haven't written anything in a month? yikes

-snip-

Good luck with that!

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?
My favourite character to write for is Malik, because he's so intelligent but also kinda a psychopath. He loves to intimidate and scare people, and always strives to be unexpected and never bothered by anything. It makes for interesting conversations.

Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?
My main source of inspiration when all else fails... here. Such a creative person, and incredibly weird.

Who do you base your characters off of?
Always a mix of people I know, myself, and other characters. Rarely anyone or anything specific.

I have a question, to add to all the others:
[b]Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?[/b]

I recently started doing this and it is surprisingly helpful. Plus, it'll probably be fun to read (and cringe at) when I'm older.
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
Hi there! I'm sparrow. I love to
read, write and code. Bye!
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
Need help with Dec
18 pets? PM me!
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
xx
the lazy writers
sig respect
pre-made sigs
giveaway
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
xx
xx
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
Hi! I'm sparrow. I'm looking for (human) art right
now. I can pay in CS or FR currency, or with coding
if you'd prefer. PM me if you're interested!
☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
xx
Imagexxx
sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Discuss & Share your Writing