❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby winged-backpack » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Hey all, I'm not dead. I just didn't have internet access yesterday bc I was in Stratford Upon Avon checking out where good ol' Shakespeare was born and lived ;D

Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?
Nah, I guess I wrote one poem which was kind of Christmassy, though a really cynical view of it.

Code: Select all
[b]What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play?[/b]

I love Shakespeare, we're studying Othello for my English Literature A Level and I love it. I've always loved Shakespeare bc I'm a freakin nerd except I never liked Romeo and Juliet. Just when people say "it's a classic love story", I just want to say "6 people DIED, INCLUDING THEM". Sorry, we were forced to study it for GCSE English Lit, and I never liked it.
As for my favourite play, I'm between Othello and Midsummer Night's Dream. I mean, one's a tragedy and one's a comedy so that works. Othello is my fav tragedy, and Midsummer Night's Dream is my favourite comedy. (I guess Julius Ceaser would by my favourite History.)

Anyways, I'm out :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 am

Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?
Nope. I'm not a big fan of winter holidays. Or short stories, for that matter.

What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play?
I heckin love Shakespeare. It's really hard to pick a favorite, especially since I haven't actually read/seen a huge amount, but it's probably Midsummer Night's Dream. Romeo and Juliet is kind of fun too because immature humor entertains me more than it should, and I love Comedy of Errors too...
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 am

I haven't been writing much at all since I gotta do a poetry assignment for writing and writer's block has just punched me in the face. We have to hand in three poems with visuals for all three and I have nONE OF THE VISUALS DONE. I might do a Christmas poem though lol

What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play?

I can't say I'm a fan because I don't read plays in my free time. The only plays I know are ones we study in school, so I only know Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth, and The Tempest. The Tempest is my absolute favourite though.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 am

What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play? A lot of people might crush me for saying this .. but I have never, ever read a Shakespeare play, or anything to do with him for that matter .. ;p

silently waits for the riots
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 am

~Teya~ wrote:What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play? A lot of people might crush me for saying this .. but I have never, ever read a Shakespeare play, or anything to do with him for that matter .. ;p

Psh. You really dont have to. :T The only reason why I've read Shakespeare is because I was forced to in English class for a grade. I cant remember shizz about it though. Oh I also had to read it for my Theater class that I ended up getting transferred out of bc I had to have a Math help class.

So. Meh. Not much hostility over here from me. You good :3

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am

So uhh I'd like someone's help, I want to write something but I'm not sure what kind of thing I should write, and I'd like someone's opinion?
Lord sorry this sounds confusing, but I can't say too much here. You will understand per pm though. XD
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am

Arya22 wrote:So uhh I'd like someone's help, I want to write something but I'm not sure what kind of thing I should write, and I'd like someone's opinion?
Lord sorry this sounds confusing, but I can't say too much here. You will understand per pm though. XD

You can PM me! :) I'd love to know.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 am

Arya22 wrote:So uhh I'd like someone's help, I want to write something but I'm not sure what kind of thing I should write, and I'd like someone's opinion?

My PMs are open if you need more than one opinion <3

Also, on the topic of Shakespeare - I bought perhaps the best book in the history of me buying books from Stratford...
"Star Wars, Part the Seventh - The Force Doth Awaken"
It's basically The Force Awakens written in Shakespearean verse, I freaking love it! I'm going to buy all the others (because every Star Wars is done in a book like this) when I have the money. I know a shop in Bristol that stocks them, and I always meant to buy them, and I decided that it was appropriate to get one in Stratford.
Sorry, bit off topic but I just wanted to share :lol:
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am

I have written a few sorta? I'm doing the advent challenge and styled some of the prompts to represent the holidays/celebrations that take place in my story world, but nothing specific of a rl holiday.
I think he's pretty good in what he wrote. I was part of a homeschool group for a little while that focused on Shakespeare so I kinda had it thrown in my face how amazing everything he wrote was. To be perfectly honest none of the storylines particularly interest me, but the lines themselves-descriptions and just the way he used the words, those I really enjoy. Also because a lot of those things have a big influence on a lot of things in our media culture it's probably not a bad idea to read/watch a couple of the plays.
@ Winged bp, I read part of the first one in that 'series' it looked hilarious, but I didn't have the time or energy to read through the whole thing.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm

winged-backpack wrote:Hey all, I'm not dead. I just didn't have internet access yesterday bc I was in Stratford Upon Avon checking out where good ol' Shakespeare was born and lived ;D
Oh, fun!!

His insults are The Best 👌 But I haven't read many of his original works, actually! We own a bunch, though, so I really should have.... I know about a decent amount, or have heard of them, but not read them for myself. I really liked The Tempest (which was abridged) and I've read A Midsummer Night's Dream in the original form. 'Twas beautiful XD
I also liked (the abridged versions of, at least) As You Like It, Cymbeline, and The Comedy of Errors c:

~Teya~ wrote:What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play? A lot of people might crush me for saying this .. but I have never, ever read a Shakespeare play, or anything to do with him for that matter .. ;p

wut
how tho

winged-backpack wrote:Also, on the topic of Shakespeare - I bought perhaps the best book in the history of me buying books from Stratford...
"Star Wars, Part the Seventh - The Force Doth Awaken"
It's basically The Force Awakens written in Shakespearean verse, I freaking love it! I'm going to buy all the others (because every Star Wars is done in a book like this) when I have the money. I know a shop in Bristol that stocks them, and I always meant to buy them, and I decided that it was appropriate to get one in Stratford.
Sorry, bit off topic but I just wanted to share :lol:
Hahahaha, that sounds awesome XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me