❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Krenko » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:09 pm

I'm just going to let you all know I was going to post a thing just now, but I just blew blood out of my nose so I'LL DO THAT TOMORROW.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadowloversmothie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:12 pm

@therangerofthenorth

If I get around to it he might, I just wrote that story for a adoptable honestly so yeah I’m not sure.
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:30 am

I that villain prompt from a few pages back. Check it out!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:07 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:I that villain prompt from a few pages back. Check it out!

That was really good! I really enjoyed reading about a villain's child and how they might react when their parent was killed.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 am

Krenko wrote:I'm just going to let you all know I was going to post a thing just now, but I just blew blood out of my nose so I'LL DO THAT TOMORROW.

oh G E E Z. you ok?
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 am

Hello to all new people! Welcome to the thread c:

Winged - I really like the song you're writing! Do you play any instruments? If you are, are you writing music for them as well as writing lyrics?

Krenko wrote:I'm just going to let you all know I was going to post a thing just now, but I just blew blood out of my nose so I'LL DO THAT TOMORROW.

Ah, that ol' problem of bleeding everywhere...

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:I that villain prompt from a few pages back. Check it out!

I really like it! Especially because the kid reacts in a different way from how you'd expect them to, considering their upbringing, but you still get shown how people would think they're going to act. If that makes sense. Anyway, it's good c:

For those doing camp nano:
Code: Select all
[b]Have you started planning your stories yet? What are you going to set as your word count goals?[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:09 am

Have you started planning your stories yet? What are you going to set as your word count goals?
I have! I'm going for 50k, even though it's my first time doing anything like this.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:12 am

Imma introduce myself.

Hi.

I’m BirdWhistle<3, but feel free to call me aloe! I write on watt pad, episode, google docs, and just in journals. I want to write graphic novels as a career as well. I dunno what to say now bye.
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 pm

DeMaizu wrote:

oh G E E Z. you ok?

Yeah, I'm fine ^_^

Hey, Aloe! I'm sure you know to avoid carrots! If not...do that. :D

Anyway, I said I'd post what I wrote, so here's what me at 2:30am types out. XD

2:13

This would be a wonderful time to be awake if it was the appropriate form. I’d be almost done with school work for the day.

2:15

I can’t sleep.

My throat is scratchy, yet coated in mucus; my nose is in a weird state of being congested and simultaneously oozing snot down my face- maybe I should get some water.

2:18

Oh, yeah, I was going to get a drink.

I crawl out of bed as best I can with little to no light. Somehow, I find the kitchen without tripping over my feet or an object that's been hidden under a blanket and left that way for days. I guess I’m luckier in the night than the day.

Two cups in the cupboard- identical. My mind makes up a reason for the choice of the cup to be far more complicated than it is. I need to stop doing this; making up reasons to do stupid things so occurrences I also make up never happen. What was it this time?

Eenie meenie miny moe. The right one it is. My fingers run across the inside of the cup three times, another stupid thing to do because of another stupid made up reason.

I really need to stop that.

It’s wet, why didn’t my sister dry this off well enough?

Whatever. It’s too late to care.

I turn the faucet on and place the cup below it, filling it up just enough to make an acceptable drink, but not lasting a long enough time to wake anyone up. No one would wake up with how little sound it makes, but it made sense at the time.

Oh, who am I kidding? It really didn’t.

What was this? How many glasses of water had a had this month? This year? How long have I been simply going about my day thriving on soda and a meal and a half?

That’s not healthy.

2:24

I climb back into bed, thinking briefly about the moments that have recently passed before deciding to leave them for future me to deal with. Eyes shut and my arms curled around a stuffed penguin, I pull the blanket up to my neck and try to get some rest.

2:32

I’m sick. I don’t want to be awake. It’s halfway to three in the morning, and I have school tomorrow. My mind is wandering to things I’d rather not think about. Honestly, I’d even take another weird dream about secret agents at this point.

2:41

I give up. I’m getting on the computer.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:02 am

I think maybe you should just try to sleep Krenko?

Could I have some critique on this? It's some dialogue between the villain ananother semi-antagonist and I really wanted it to be tense but I'm not sure if I really nailed it?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me