❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby dxrmon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:18 am

thank you for all of your opinions, they really helped!
dxrmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:59 am

hollowfall. wrote:@Ranger of the North
Thanks for the welcome! I'll check your story out when I can and poems and short stories sound really cool, you should share some of them!

~snip~
No problem, and thanks! :D I've actually put some links to my better ones in my signature, if you're interested — top right c:

winged-backpack wrote:~snip~

I just wanted to say thank you for all the votes and comments on 10,000 Doors. I really appreciate it, and it's giving me the confidence I need to carry it on! I've just seen it's #672 in horror on Wattpad! It's not very hight but it still means a lot given the amount of stories on the site :D
Oh wow, that's awesome! Congrats! :D

suburbia. wrote:
i know this is for stories but i was looking for some where to post this song so i can get some of your guys ideas c:
(( hope this is ok if not then i will delete the post ))

ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ﹣ ғɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ sᴏɴɢ

~snip~
I don't know any song-writing rules, so I'm not able to offer any critique or anything, but I really like it!! You're good!
Also, welcome to the thread you can never leave and watch out for carrots! c;

Woogwoo Wren wrote:~snip~

So I've recently started rereading Eragon (for like the fifth time) and I for some reason the style just didn't sound right to me. And then I realised - it's very similar to my style, so naturally I don't like it. (Chris uses a lot more flowery language than I do though) but seriously, those books have impacted me so freaking much - I have unconsciously adopted Christopher Paolini's style as my own...
Woah, you have? That's kinda creepy <.<
I doubly need to reread them; I have to see this for myself XD

How well do you think cameos could work in writing?
I think it'd be fun! If the featured person isn't well-known, though, it could get tricky :p Like the author of a best-seller could get away with putting the best-selling MC briefly in a new book just with a quick description and their mannerisms, but otherwise I think it would be hard; not many people would recognise the person c:

Good luck, Meg! Sounds like you're gonna be busy for the next decade or so, haha XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 am

How well do you think cameos could work in writing?
Well, I feel like outright naming whatever you want to cameo could be the worst way to do it. If you want some good ideas, lots of I think it's the Marvel movies ((Animated and live-action)) have the original founder of the company cameo in every movie at least once. In Big Hero 6, it was a painting on the wall. In a couple of the others, he's in the crowd or playing an elderly fan or maybe a butler for one, if I remember correctly. If you can describe what you wish to cameo enough so readers can understand what it is, that would be a good way of doing it. I always find it fun to find cameos in general, though I think they're more easily done with a screen than on paper, but I wish you luck!

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Well, that just happened. I just wrote one of the most intense scenes for The Story of Dante. I am now listening to some relaxing Falling Up songs to calm down. Just, wow, it's amazing. I mean, it's not published author quality, but it's still good. I want to share it with you all.

Fair warning, does contain mentions of blood and violence. Nothing overly graphic though, I do want this book to be child friendly (youngest age would maybe be ten or twelve, depending on the kid). Context, since last time I shared a scene from The Story of Dante I forgot it.

Dave, an old and battle worn Fire Drake is teaching Dante, a young griffin, how to fight in order to defeat the Dragon King (Brimstone). After first teaching him how to dodge attacks, then teaching him how to attack, he is now teaching him how to combine the two and fight. Trauma from past experiences ensues. Enjoy.

The same thing continued for a couple of days. Fight after fight, fail after fail. Each fail ended up with me being caught in his jaws. I was quickly wearing down from the intense training, but he wouldn’t let me catch a break.

“Not ‘til you beat me,” he said as he dragged me out of the nest.

“But I’m so bruised I can barely move! Please, just one day’s rest!” I pleaded.

“No!” he refused sharply. “Now come, kid, the night’s wastin’.”

I was growing sick of it. I was so tired that I ignored Glory, I felt absolutely horrible as I watched him fly away. It was on the seventh day, a week into this that I broke.

“Dead!” Dave exclaimed as he spat me out of his mouth. “Dead, dead, dead.” he repeated. “You have died so many times, kid! You are a disappointment.”

I could barely flinch at his words as I laid there limply.

“Do you hear me, kid? You are a failure! A disappointment to everyone, especially your parents. Their deaths were for nothing!”

They were the sharpest words he’d ever flung at me for awhile, and my skin tingled from the rage.

He stepped closer and shoved me with his snout. “You don’t deserve your name!” he yelled.

That was it. The last straw. An old familiar feeling built up in my chest. I had felt anger before, especially towards him, but this was rage. Pure, ceaseless and violent rage. The rage Blackbird awakened in me those months ago. A blood-curdling screech left my beak as I flung myself at Dave. I still have his look of shock in my mind as he watched me fly towards him with fire and fury.

I moved so fast he couldn’t dodge in time and I raked a claw across his face. I grabbed onto one of his horns and tried to pull him down. He retaliated and shook me off. This time I didn’t smash into a tree. I caught myself right before and pushed off that tree, speeding straight towards him. But it was a trick. As he moved to avoid me I lifted off into the air and dived down at the base of his tail.

My claws and beak struggled to get through his hide and I leapt off before he struck back. He roared and launched a fireball at me, but I dodged it easily. I spun around him, keeping just out of his reach and teasing him with my tail. I wanted to make him dizzy and it seemed to be working until he caught on and stopped.

I flung myself at him and tried to pull him down by the horns again. He roared and shook, but I was determined to stay on and dug my back claws into the base of his head. I flapped my wings and fought with him as I tried to pull him backward.

He charged towards the forest to get me off, and I grinned as I hatched a plan. I stayed stuck as he charged, but just as he passed under the first tree I lifted up my front legs and grabbed onto the lowest branch, keeping my back paws gripped tight. He was too strong for my paws and continued his path, ripping his neck free.

He let out with a painful bellow and I looked down at the blood dripping off my paws. I grinned and clambered in the tree. He turned and ran back, looking for me. I whistled and he glanced up at me in the tree. A burst of fire was shot forth, but I dodged it and landed back in the training area.

He ran at me with all the skill he did before. But I was learning him. I dodged and took back to the sky, sending him spinning in circles yet again. He moved slower, I was finally wearing him down. I took the third attempt to knock him down, this time digging my claws into the opened wounds on his neck.

I put all of my weight into my attack and slammed my body into his neck. Finally the great drake came tumbling down with a tired bellow. I kept my claws in his neck as I held him to the ground. We were both panting heavily and my grip started to loosen as my adrenaline and rage wore off.

My eyes widened as the battle filled back into my mind. I quickly pulled off of him and scampered to the other side of the clearing. I was back to my senses and almost let an apology slip from my tongue when I remembered his rule. But I wondered if those were still in affect after nearly killing him.

I looked down at my blood soaked claws and feathers, the same sickening dread rising up in my stomach. I glanced back up at Dave to see if I killed him, and to my relief he was still breathing. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak, I felt like sobbing.

Slowly, the drake sat up. He dragged his bloodied body up onto his sore legs and stared at me. His expression was unreadable, and I wondered if I did something wrong. Then his laughter broke the silence.

“Now that’s more like it! That was exactly what I wanted to see!” he congratulated with raucous vigor. He stopped laughing but still had a large grin on his face.

I couldn’t believe it. I almost killed him and he couldn’t be prouder. What was this drake?

“Oh stop starin’ at me like that, kid, I’m okay! Sure, I’m bleedin’ a bit, but that’ll clot. I still can’t believe it, you did great! Remember that, kid, you’ll need it for Brimstone.” he laughed. “Oh, I can’t wait to see that beast’s face when you slash his neck right open!”

I was still shocked, keeping perfectly still.

He shook his head and limped towards me. His limp was even worse now, the pain that showed in his eyes with every step was now clearly visible. Nevertheless, the grin stayed. He was now standing right over me and my eyes slowly turned to meet his.

“I-I almost killed you,” I whimpered.

He laughed. “You weren’t even close! Don’t get so down on yourself,”

“B-but Blackbird, I killed him. I felt your heartbeat, I smelled your blood.”

“Yes, and wasn’t it just delightful?!”

I stared up at him, now more scared of him than myself. My eyes were still peeled wide, my heart was still beating heavily. I still found it hard to speak. “Give me time,” I panted. “Just, give me time.”

He sighed and backed away. “Right, okay, that’s fine. I’m too sore to walk home anyway,” he limped to another area of the clearing and threw himself down with a huff. “I’ll be here, restin’.”

The reality of everything came crashing over me. Why was I letting Dave do this to me? Why did Kyori and Solstice think this was a good idea? All of the horrible things came flooding back. The sound of Blackbird’s skull, the smell and warmth of his blood. All too familiar, all too frightening. I didn’t care what he said, he was lying, I did almost kill him.

Finally, the tears came. Because of my rage, because of Blackbird, Kage and I got banished. Kage died. Dimidas hates me. The griffins hate me. If I killed Dave, I knew the dragons would hate me, too. They would hate me if I killed Dragon King. He can’t train me to kill, he can’t. I don’t want to kill. I didn’t want this. I didn’t ask for this. I just want to go back. I miss Lofty, I miss Trinity and Erion and Kage. I miss what Dimidas used to be. I miss the joy that came with being a griffling.

I didn’t realize my thoughts were being spoken when I felt a figure brush up against me. I flinched and realized it was Dave standing beside me. He looked at me with sad eyes and shook his head. He didn’t say a word and lifted me up with his snout. Still being awestruck, I let him and limply slid to his back.

The drake then started walking his slow painful walk. It was well into sunrise by the time he set me down in my nest. He rubbed his snout on my head and hummed a wordless song. The deep rumbling was just what I needed and I finally started to calm down. My tears stopped, my heartbeat returned to normal and sleepiness started to fill my eyes.

The last thing I saw before my eyes shut were his orange eyes. Those gentle orange eyes.

Oh, BTW, I forgot, thanks for the comments on my little ramble about that novel. Since it is in an alternate world, it won't be exactly like India, so I can make some exceptions and changes, but I will try and be realistic in a couple of things. And yeah, I do have a lot of work ahead of me for many millennia, LOL.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Do you listen to a special playlist, soundtrack, or genre when writing? I can't stand listening to music while writing. Something about it makes it extremely hard to focus. ;-;

How do you get interested in your story again after getting bored of it? When I start to get bored or lack motivation to keep going, I read over the story and get a feel for the characters again. That allows your creative juices to get flowing and get you interested! c: Works for me at least.

How well do you think cameos could work in writing? I've honestly never tried it, so I wouldn't know. But I suppose they could work well, say, a character in your story briefly seeing one of your other characters from another story, even if just merely bumping into them I think would be pretty cool for your followers that have read your other stories ;w;

@Megaguirus Just . . . wow. I absolutely loved that. I want to read the whole book now tbh, that was incredible ! That's like, all I can say x'D I see no way you could make that better, it is just so good, I love it. ;o;

I hate writers block

which comes to my question lol
Code: Select all
[b]How to get rid of writers block? -_-[/b]
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:53 pm

@Megaguirus
Damn. That was really good! I didn't know any of the backstory, but it's so well written, have you got it online somewhere we can read it?

How to get rid of writers block? -_-
That is one of the great mysteries of the universe. I cannot help you. This is a quest one must undertake alone.
But if anyone else has advice, I'd love to hear it. I need help too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

I asked two different authors this exact question in June. They told me to chill and do relaxing things. Take a nice steamy shower and think things over. Think about the plot and the way your characters see things. Listen to some music maybe, read some poetry, read the works of others.

If all else doesn't work, take a break. Put down the pencil or device and take a good old nature walk. Smell the rain and stuff, I dunno. Absorb le inspiration.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm

VIVA LA INSPIRATION!

But I do agree with bertholdt on the writers block one.

Just... If it gets too bad get away from it. Start a new series for you to write down stuff on. Book of inspirations. Brainstorming. NATURE.

Or if you're like me and dont like nature.. Search for le nature on the internet xD

@Mega

Holy swiss cheese and crackers batman! That was really good! Though I had a bit of trouble at the beginning figuring out what they were but that's more of my fault than yours. I imagined them as birds at the beginning. and then as cats.. Again my fault rather than yours. I was assuming lmao.

But again, that was really good!

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I know it's agonisingly painful, but sometimes you'll surprise yourself! c:

@Meg wOAH THAT WAS INTENSE 0-0
Poor Danteeee, why do you have to do this to my heart?! 😭
That ending, though... I love Dave so much; it warmed my heart <333 I really like how you're using his roughness to make his occasional bouts of compassion more poignant and meaningful :D <3
And guys, on Meg's behalf The Story of Dante can be found both here, and on Wattpad under the same name :D

Also! If anyone's interested, I've decided to be brave and put some of my bird observations up here c: It might be a little slow, since I can only update when things happen, but it'd be nice if you could check it out C:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:04 am

Thanks so much for all the compliments, guys! I'm flattered. Yeah, deep down Dave is really sweet. He did have a son once, so he knows how to be a father and comfort a child. And yeah, sorry about not posting links, I was tired last night. Just follow the ones Ranger mentioned and you should be fine.

Listen to inspiring music, watch a movie or TV show, read a book. Try working on something else, heck, even try rewriting a fairy tale! Just write something, anything. Writer's block wants you to stop writing altogether, and you can't let it. And if you can't think of anything to write, take a character and build them deeper. Make a whole new one! Research like you are planning on making a world, and try to make one. Even if you don't use any of these things again, they will still be helpful in defeating it.

Good luck, I know how that feels. I used to suffer from writer's block all the time until I finally found things that worked in destroying it.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me