❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby BucketORandomness » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 am

Mroning, Van. Hope you don't mind if I call you that. Welcome to the random thread >^.^<
watch out for carrots and smoteners

Writing in author's style, I'd probably go with Rick Riordan, mainly because he manages to put so much snark into a medium that doesn't transfer tone easily.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

@serperior

Suzanne Collins. She wrote hunger games too.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:48 am

[hops into this thread and sees the pun on the first page]

I believe I have found the right place to sigh my woes.

I am currently under a writer's and artist's block. It hurts.
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:49 am

Welcome, new people! Looks like you've been warned about carrots already c:

If you had to write a story in another author's style, who would you choose and why?
I'm gonna have to agree with Bucket on Rick Riordan, or maybe the author of Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Andrew Rowe, I think?). I try to build humor into my writing, but the level of snark they both use is far beyond my level.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:54 am

Okay, but I really like carrots. However, I have glasses so it's a myth that they are good for your eyes. I cannot give up carrots, they are so sweet and tasty.

If you had to write a story in another author's style, who would you choose and why?
Is it edgy enough to say Lovecraft? That is who I am going with anyway. I find my writing style differs in between too simple to borderline verbiage. I have a long ways to go in means of perfecting my craft, so I have been reading a lot. Many of my friends have found inspiration in his writings, and I basically worship their writing styles as is.
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🍉

Postby food ☕️ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Either Marie Lu or Rick Yancey. Or both. Yancey implements comedy into his work so effortlessly and in a way that really just makes sense to the storyline. Marie Lu makes heckin’ lengthy desrcriptions that actually don’t take anything away from the story. I know that sometimes descriptions can get a bit boring, dragging on about how the walls catch the sunlight, but she’s very good at replicating images and making them come to life.

Greetings newbies.
So inactive that the images in my signature are outdated; decided to just put down some purple text as a replacement. I do have a special place in my heart for the connections I've made in the site so please hmu if you're interested in reconnecting, I'd love to move conversations to Discord.

food | lawful good | asexual/aromantic | they/them | in college (help)
food ☕️

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marastia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 pm

WinterSerperior wrote:@Vannillamelon

Hi! Stay away from Carrots!

I um... Hm.. Maybe James Patterson? He has a pretty good style and writes first person really well. Though Maximum Ride is the only series of his that i've read and a little of the... Daniel series that he has.

So yeah.. Most likely James Patterson. Or the Woman who writes the Gregor the Overlander Series. She's good too.

I love that series! It's written by Susanne Collins (not sure if I spelt it right), she's also the one who wrote the Hunger games
Hi there! I don't bite, c:
I love foxes so I'm trying to collect them all!
I appreciate all gifts and would be honoured if you'd help me collect all the foxes. I only want 1 of every kind of fox, and any duplicates will be traded or gifted. Also, please help my dragons grow! Just click on the eggs and dragons, it's really simple and easy! (I am a girl btw, so I go by she and her pronouns,)
Image Image Image Image

Marastia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Probably Tolkien tbh. Listening to Dad reading lotr to my younger brother is really awesome and love the style. So yeah, Tolkien ^-^
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ! honeysuckle ! » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm

@ Vanilla Melon

Hey, welcome <3

why is everybody typing in strikes

Stieg Larsson, because he puts plots twists in so perfectly, and he's so to-the-point, and original, and genius, but I will never, ever in my existence be nearly as good as him, so that's flickin not achievable- okay, I'll shut up now.
! honeysuckle !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi, hello.
I write a lot of original fiction, all fantasy. I write a bit of fanfic too, but it's only really Riverdale related.
If you want to take a look at my writing here's a few links! I enjoy constructive criticism, but please be gentle with me. I'm sensitive eheh: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BgF ... sp=sharing https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nXW ... sp=sharing

I'm currently reading Eragon and I'd like to be able to write like Christopher Paolini someday! His writing is gorgeously descriptive.
Is there a book anyone has read that left an unpleasant taste in their mouth? A Greyhound of a Girl was bland was unrealistic in my opinion, though I enjoyed the concept.
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me